• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Bite is pretty decent against Exeggutor. Of course, that's a decent move for Arcanine.

Today since my driveway & car is completely frozen over, so I walked to a Pokestop nearby to get my daily pokestop in. Added almost 3km to my eggs and buddy.

Firemind

Bite Arcanine will still do worse than Fire Fang Arcanine to those that resist fire because of STAB. Bite will do better against something like Slowbro and Starmie I suppose.

I'm crawling in Growlithes but half of them turn to Arcanines with Bite/Bulldoze. What a waste. If it weren't for Arcanine's awesome fur I wouldn't even try lol.

I also catch as much Rhydon as much as I can. Rhyperior will have mad CPs in Gen IV.

It got Water Gun and Ice Beam :/
I am so sorry.
Use against Dragonites. :)
raw

I mean, it's better than nothing, but there's so many better things than nothing out there.

border

What is the best counter to Exeggutor?

--Arcanine with Bite/Fire Blast
--Pinsir with Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
--Scyther with Fury Cutter/Bug Buzz

I need to decide which one I want to power up as my official Exeggutor-Killer. I am strongly leaning towards Arcanine just because he has higher HP.

tauke

What is the best counter to Exeggutor?

--Arcanine with Bite/Fire Blast
--Pinsir with Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
--Scyther with Fury Cutter/Bug Buzz

I need to decide which one I want to power up as my official Exeggutor-Killer. I am strongly leaning towards Arcanine just because he has higher HP.

While I don't really have a high HP fire type Pokemon to counter Exeggutor, I find that Bug Buzz from my Venomoth is very effective although it is more of a glass cannon to quickly get rid of Exeggutor.

Hycran

Banned
Went out for a bit today with the wife and she said "wow, there is a dratini over that way!" while were were driving. She sounded over excited for a dratini but it took no effort so we drove to the spot.

As I get there, I realized the shadow is all wrong, it was a dragonair. Open the battle and its about 1300, extremely powerful, basically as powerful of a guy as you can catch in the wild. Obviously I didn't tell her that, but we both caught it. Shes been saving dragon candy for a long time, so when I told her how strong the dragonite would be, she lost it and evolved it right away.

She has a lot of strong guys, but has just always been really unlucky with dragonites. Now she has a 2928 one to add to her list with dragon breath and hyper beam.

border

While I don't really have a high HP fire type Pokemon to counter Exeggutor, I find that Bug Buzz from my Venomoth is very effective although it is more of a glass cannon to quickly get rid of Exeggutor.

While I haven't powered my Bug Pokemon up as much as my Arcanine, it seems like Scyther/Pinsir inflict more damage to Exeggutor but also take a lot more damage as well. Arcanine has around 139HP while the two bugs only have about 100 HP.

If a tower only has one Exxegutor then you are fine to use Pinsir or Scyther, but if you want to take down multiple Eggs then Arcanine is the better choice.

Firemind

Pidgeot with Wing Attack and Hurricane is a good Exeggutor counter. You can find high level Pidgeys in the wild so you don't need to waste stardust on leveling it up.

Joni

That last Kabuto I need doesn't want to appear. Don't do this to me Niantic. Give me one before the migration.
Edit: Found the Kabuto I needed. Ultra Ball + Berry + Nice, breaks out, Ultra Ball + Berry + Great, flees. FUCK.

Oxx

I'm hoping we can quickly go into generation 2 proper after this event.

I have nothing else to do other than wait for a 2km egg and hope it's Cleffa.

kubus

Got extremely lucky today! Since it was the last day of the starters event, I went out into the pouring rain to find some Charmanders. I only had like 98 candy but no Charmeleon or Charizard, so I wouldn't be able to complete my Pokédex and I've literally NEVER ever seen a wild Charmander before this event :/.

Only found one Charmander and it really was pouring now so decided to give up and head back. Just then I suddenly got a notification of my PokéTracker that there was a Charmeleon nearby. I looked it up and holy crap - there really was one right where I caught a Charmander just now. I've attempted to catch a Charmeleon three times before but they all escaped after several berry + Ultra Ball combos. Anyway, I caught the bastard! And with that it pushed my Candy count to 100+, so I had enough to evolve it to Charizard and complete my starters :).

Just when I wanted to go back home I noticed an Omastar on my radar so I grabbed that one too. Was almost afraid my iPhone would die from the rain - I couldn't even properly throw pokeballs anymore because the screen was just drenched in water :/...

Got home and right that moment I saw a Gloom on the radar... I hesitated but I went back out (this time with an umbrella) and successfully caught it. My Pokedex is now around ~120 caught. Also saw a Blastoise while searching for the Gloom but it was on police grounds.... So I gave up, lol.

Anyway I can't be happier now! That Charmeleon came at the exact right time and place <3. Its stats are shit apparently but I don't care about battling anyway, just pokedex completion :).

Something weird's going on... when I went to collect coins today noticed I'm down to ten so one of my Pokemon had been knocked out of a gym.
My Snorlax is showing as having no health (greyed out bar) but when I go to items and click a potion he doesn't show up so I can't heal him.
When I go into his profile it says his HP is 0/244.
But he has 2896 HP, which it still shows in the list screen. Wtf is up?

HiResDes

I still think the balance, battling system, and gym systems need to be completely reworked. I think I'm finally done with the game for good, and I'd only been playing because I'm an obsessive completionist not out of fun whatsoever. Why are there so few unique moves that are actually superior in the game, why is it that so many types are still completely useless, why is it that things that are much harder to obtain are usually much worse overall than say something evolved from Evee? Is it cannon for say Blastoise and Charizard to be much worse than Vaporeon and Flareon?

Joni

Got that Kabutops. Managed to snag two Kabuto in my last run, so I could even power it up once so that is a 2000 CP monster extra.

Something weird's going on... when I went to collect coins today noticed I'm down to ten so one of my Pokemon had been knocked out of a gym.
My Snorlax is showing as having no health (greyed out bar) but when I go to items and click a potion he doesn't show up so I can't heal him.

You clicked a potion or a revive?

Firemind

Blastoise has always been worse than Vaporeon. Blastoise only found a niche as a Rapid Spinner. (We do not speak of Megas.) Vaporeon just has more solid stats and a reliable recovery move.

Flareon isn't better than Charizard in Go though. Ember is too cumbersome of a quick move. Charizard also has better bulk and better resistances. Flareon is really just a poor man's Arcanine, which is ironically true to the games.

Podge293

You need to use a revive first

As others said you need to use a revive.
And CP isn't HP.

Qwark

The event appears to be over for me. My most recent lure only lasted 30 minutes and there are no starters on the nearby, just pidgeys and weedles :( Please let gen 2 be soon.

Replicant

Does Niantic even take a look at their ticket? It feels pointless to keep reporting sometimes.

In a slightly better news, I evolved a Togepi into a Togetic:

2eUrd1V.png

Dat movesets though....... it's like a prettier version of Pidgey. :/

It is pretty infuriating that spoofers are allowed free reign to ruin the game, but god forbid people try to use maps to hunt rare and elusive pokemon. I stopped gyming now where I live as one group of players spoof full time and dominate the gyms. Reporting them repeatedly has done nothing, so why bother? Its a waste of revives and potions unless you get a big group to boost them to level 10 super early in the morning, and even then they only last a few hours.

deanote666

Is it against the Go ToS to use a notification app or something that tells you when your gym is being attacked?

I live in a town with 10 or so gyms and there is one group of 3 or so going around constantly taking them. As in they retake any gym in town within minutes of you taking it.

I was with someone today taking down one of their level 7 gyms and they showed up before we even took it down (10 minutes or less).

This has been going on for months now. There is someone physically there.

That or they constantly have their game open waiting to see if they have any returned to them.

I still need Cleffa and Togetic, though I can technically get a Togetic whenever, as I have the candy to do so. Been putting it off because all three of my Togepi have been less than top rated, and I was kind of hoping to evolve a better one, even if I'll probably never use it...

Also managed to get a Venasaur out of the event, as well as a Gyarados, Victreebel, and Magneton all during the same time period. Now I just need Grimer, Muk, Dewgong, Vileplume, Aerodactyl, Dragonair, and Dragonite as far as obtainable Gen 1 Pokémon go. All of those but Grimer/Muk and Aerodactyl I can eventually get from grinding out candy.

Ensirius

2017 has been so good to me so far.
Caught a wild 2027 CP Snorlax, hatched a Lapras finally, caught a wild charizard. This is good.

Oxx

It's ok, people. I has a dream that generation 2 came out.

But I also dreamt you could get in a pokeball and ride around in it like in Metroid Prime.

Sick of all my 5km eggs being some shitty water Pokemon.

Always either Krabby, Tentacool, Goldeen, Staryu, Psyduck, Horsea or Poliwag.

They need events every weekend. Returning to the game as normal is a real downer.

Yes, i've already caught all the baby pokemon and i'm only missing Snorlax, Porygon and Alakazam from the original dex, so the christmas event fun faded very quickly.
Niantic should release gen 2 as soon as possible, i don't like the dropper-realese of new pokemon like they have done with the pre-evolutions.

I am required to catch about 900 trash monsters in the next few weeks in order to attain enough stardust to keep my worthwhile monsters maxed out. Kinda wanna quit.

Oxx

I hate it when I have the Pokemon list set to 'Most Recent' and I can see what has hatched before I even see the animation.

The same amount of disappointment, but even less of the anticipation.

GulAtiCa

I always think it's funny when an egg is about to hatch and I have all 9 eggs, but I get a 10th egg before it actually hatches. Always leaves me a little confused. lol

Double D

I always think it's funny when an egg is about to hatch and I have all 9 eggs, but I get a 10th egg before it actually hatches. Always leaves me a little confused. lol

Do you have an apple watch? Because ever since I started using that, this same thing started happening to me. Basically I'll get the notification on the watched that an egg hatched. I'll go into the app on my phone and the egg shows '5km/5km', for example, but I have the hatched 'mon in my inventory, and I can get an egg from a stop. Really confusing.

Top Bottom