• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Replicant

My first 2 Chanseys were wild ones. Both had decent IVs too. These were back in July/August though.

EDIT: Actually, I think all of my 5 Chanseys are wild ones. That's why the IVs are decent to shite.

Cleared out my free incubators and used my infinite to get rid of the 2km's. Just have 2 5km eggs left.

Bets that refilling my egg sack will net me 7 more 5kms? :p

Masked Man

I said wow
Still haven't hatched any new Pokémon. :/ On the bright side, I'm almost done with the available Kanto dex monsters aside from Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Lapras, and Kabutops!

Replicant

Not a bad night. Hatched a good IV Magby and captured good IV Ditto and several starters.

On the other hand, someone from my team knocked out my Pokemon then put his own into the gym so he doesn't have to prestige much. Lazy asshole.

I thought that one ended 3 days ago?

And still, give me one of the other babies, please.

Eggs have Pokemon already selected when you get them - so if you got that egg 3+ days ago, you still get the effect of the event on it. New eggs now are back to how they were.

I just realized I'm making a mad dash for level 40. Getting 100 coins a day still gets me up everyday, but I haven't even found any new pokemon worth powering up in a while. I'm at 550k stardust and growing every day.

Meier

I just got a watch yesterday and I'm not not sure when I'd use the watch app over just pulling out my phone. It could be that I'm not fully understanding everything, though, because the watch app came with as much instruction as the phone app.

Well, at least theoretically you can start the watch app and get credit for steps without having to keep the phone app open. But if the phone app dies in the background (which is always a super nebulous activity), then I'm not sure if the stuff you've done with the Watch carries over or not. If it still does, it's not that big of a deal I suppose.

I think the other big issue to me is that there is some sort of interval (5 minutes maybe?) where the phone app finally checks in and updates your distances traveled. The watch app is constantly updating, so I think it may alleviate this issue of having to keep the app open until it updates your distance to get credit. But I haven't really double checked yet to be honest.

Pachimari

Eggs have Pokemon already selected when you get them - so if you got that egg 3+ days ago, you still get the effect of the event on it. New eggs now are back to how they were.
Yeah I know this. Although I was hoping to get more baby Pokémon. Hopefully I'll get a Togepi.

Joni

Well, at least theoretically you can start the watch app and get credit for steps without having to keep the phone app open. But if the phone app dies in the background (which is always a super nebulous activity), then I'm not sure if the stuff you've done with the Watch carries over or not. If it still does, it's not that big of a deal I suppose.

I think the other big issue to me is that there is some sort of interval (5 minutes maybe?) where the phone app finally checks in and updates your distances traveled. The watch app is constantly updating, so I think it may alleviate this issue of having to keep the app open until it updates your distance to get credit. But I haven't really double checked yet to be honest.

250 seconds.

Do I get double XP for egg hatches with a lucky egg?

Thinking to stock up on 5km eggs and just mass hatch them with a lucky egg while i'm doing my evos.

The RNG gods are brutal. After gifting me a Venusaur and Gyarados with Solar Beam and Hydro Pump (finally!!) respectively, they decided to gift me three Blastoises in the same evolution spree with Ice Beam and Flash Cannon.

Ugh. I made the stupid mistake of mindlessly releasing an extra Charmeleon and Ivysaur I caught the other day...then it hit me just now I was an idiot because I need Charizard and Venusaur still.

Saw an Ivysaur today, used up about 10 combined of my Poke, Great and Ultra balls I have left...and then it ran away. I love the starters appearing more but this awful with that shit catch rate on them...or I have garbage luck. We need more balls from Stops!

Hatched a Hitmonlee yesterday and a Smoochum today so that's awesome.

I keep starting workouts to use the app, only for it to shut itself off. Does that happen to you?

The RNG gods are brutal. After gifting me a Venusaur and Gyarados with Solar Beam and Hydro Pump (finally!!) respectively, they decided to gift me three Blastoises in the same evolution spree with Ice Beam and Flash Cannon.
I've evolved ten Dewgongs and only gotten one with a good ice moveset. Sometimes RNG is a bitch.

Ugh. I made the stupid mistake of mindlessly releasing an extra Charmeleon and Ivysaur I caught the other day...then it hit me just now I was an idiot because I need Charizard and Venusaur still.

Saw an Ivysaur today, used up about 10 combined of my Poke, Great and Ultra balls I have left...and then it ran away. I love the starters appearing more but this awful with that shit catch rate on them...or I have garbage luck. We need more balls from Stops!

Hatched a Hitmonlee yesterday and a Smoochum today so that's awesome.
Are you throwing curves? Because that's a 1.7 multiplier right there. I started catching all starters with pokeballs+razz berry and have been doing pretty well with just that.

Hey guys so I have 2 Wartortles and I finally got enough candy for a good Blastoise (already have a lower CP one).

One of them is 831 CP/82% IV and the other is 738 CP/88% IV. I'm torn, which one should I evolve?!

Firemind

Goddammit. I wasted 124 candy because I just hatched a 96% Bulbasaur. Should have used the candy on my Vine Whip/Petal Blizzard Venusaur instead of gambling on VW/SB. ;-;

JavyOO7

Golly, about my 205th egg was a freaking Aerodactyl. A few eggs after that was a Togepi, and then I found a Snorlax on a Pokestop across from work. There's no way I'm ever seeing an Aerofactyl in the wild, so I guess the egg gods finally smiled at me.

After no babies during the event, I finally hatched my first one! Smoochum!

I need the rest of the babies, plus a lot of Grimer and Dratini buddy walking. And then I need to figure out how to find a Hitmonchan.

Pachimari

Yeeees caught the last Pikachu I needed, so I'll have the normal Pikachu and Raichu, and santa Pikachu and Raichu. Next goal must be to catch the last Bellsprout and last Oddish I need, and two of the male Nidoran, and then I'm gonna pop another lucky egg to evolve.

Golly, about my 205th egg was a freaking Aerodactyl. A few eggs after that was a Togepi, and then I found a Snorlax on a Pokestop across from work. There's no way I'm ever seeing an Aerofactyl in the wild, so I guess the egg gods finally smiled at me.
This sounds like an insanely good day.

Guaranteed.

WRONG!

p31pltX.png

It will be a Weedle anyway.

Pachimari

I will have to walk 1km to hatch 5 eggs. Two of which are 2km eggs and three of which are 5km ones. Please let there be a Togepi.

GulAtiCa

I hatched a 90% Magikarp the other day, and decided to go ahead and evolve so that I have another high CP Pokemon. 5 Gyrados now, and not one as Twister. Guess I'm lucky! I now have a 100% IV, 2 95% IVs and a 90% IV Gyrados (my wild caught one is like 50ish)

Dishwalla

Banned
These starters are a pain in the ass. They waste multiple balls then fucking run off. Fuck you too you worthless ass Charmander.

kubus

These starters are a pain in the ass. They waste multiple balls then fucking run off. Fuck you too you worthless ass Charmander.
Same, keep wasting berries and Ultra balls and Charmander keeps running on me.

Speaking of which, the event ends tomorrow right? I still need quite a few Charmanders... Or catch a Charmeleon but all my three attempts so far ended in failure >_>

So we've been playing together (6 people) yesterday for several hours. -10 °C. Man I thought I'd loose a finger or two but it was a hell of fun. Really cool to play together. Got a load of starters and we found a Blastoise.

So now that the event is over I hope we get more of Gen 2 soon.

Firemind

Dammit, game. Stop giving me Charmanders. :lol

I hatched a 90% Magikarp the other day, and decided to go ahead and evolve so that I have another high CP Pokemon. 5 Gyrados now, and not one as Twister. Guess I'm lucky! I now have a 100% IV, 2 95% IVs and a 90% IV Gyrados (my wild caught one is like 50ish)
We'll see who laughs last when they give Gyarados a second quick move. :p

GulAtiCa

We'll see who laughs last when they give Gyarados a second quick move. :p

Technically all my Gyarados with Bite are the 2nd quick moves. I still have the original Dragon Breadth quick move on my 1st Gyarados. Could you imagine if they added another quick move, and was bad? oh boy. lol.

I'm now in process of leveling up all of my Gyarados to lv 30. My 100% IV was in mid 150 CP, so going to be a LOT of stardust. Already spent like over 100k CP just today.

I gain back CP pretty quickly though. Eggs & daily/weekly stardust bonus helps a lot.

Top Bottom