• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Part of me is kinda glad the event is over. Means start getting excited at next thing, whatever it might be. As well as allows my Great balls to replenish. I used up over 300 of my reserves lol. Still have over 300 Ultra Balls, so I'm not short on balls.

We are expecting a nest change tomorrow, right?

More likely Wed/Thursday.

Do you have an apple watch? Because ever since I started using that, this same thing started happening to me. Basically I'll get the notification on the watched that an egg hatched. I'll go into the app on my phone and the egg shows '5km/5km', for example, but I have the hatched 'mon in my inventory, and I can get an egg from a stop. Really confusing.

Go + actually.

Qwark

Do you have an apple watch? Because ever since I started using that, this same thing started happening to me. Basically I'll get the notification on the watched that an egg hatched. I'll go into the app on my phone and the egg shows '5km/5km', for example, but I have the hatched 'mon in my inventory, and I can get an egg from a stop. Really confusing.

Go + actually.

It happens to me and I don't have either. It's just a glitch with the game where hatching doesn't immediately trigger the hatching updates/animation.

I was sick the whole time this starter event was going. The first day where I finally feel better to go out and play is the day the starter event ends.

I like to try not to think about it.

I was sick the whole time this starter event was going. The first day where I finally feel better to go out and play is the day the starter event ends.

I like to try not to think about it.

Don't worry, if you were like me I had to drive 40 minutes from my house to find Squirtle and I caught maybe like 2 Bulbasaur and 1 Charmander.

Niantic really made an eh event for you unless you lived in an area that was already known for being Pokémon dense.

I guess we're never getting a Halloween like event again.

So, I finally got this guy after six months of playing. I was just taking a random walk outside in the neighborhood. When I saw him on the nearby screen, I freaked out and went to the Pokestop it was at. It was the first time I ever saw the shadow, period. All it took was one Razz Berry and one Ultra Ball for an instant capture.

IMG_0026.jpg

He is pretty damn weak, but it could have run away if the CP was actually high. I'm pretty satisfied to have one, at least! All I need to do is find Ditto and evolve Dragonair (with good IVs) to get all North American Pokedex entries for Gen 1.

It will be a long time before I get the babies, because I need Togepi, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby. This will be much harder now that the event is over, but I'm officially ready for Gen 2 now.

Does Niantic even take a look at their ticket? It feels pointless to keep reporting sometimes.

In a slightly better news, I evolved a Togepi into a Togetic:

2eUrd1V.png

Dat movesets though....... it's like a prettier version of Pidgey. :/

Meanwhile I still havent got a single of the "Gen 2" mons...

q4roel

Hatched my first baby pokémon, Elekid and Igglybuff today. Only 17km to go till Golem. Dex is now at 116/121. Yeah I make slow progress.

Man, spoofers have overrun this city. I lost 9 gyms yesterday between 0200 and 0600, three of those in enclosed areas. When I went this morning to check them out, they were already high level too, with a lot of shared names out there,

I've spent so many potions I'm halfway through my 1000 item maximum. It doesn't help that apparently most of my teammates are also spoofing and sniping gyms from their couch.

Firemind

Man, spoofers have overrun this city. I lost 9 gyms yesterday between 0200 and 0600, three of those in enclosed areas. When I went this morning to check them out, they were already high level too, with a lot of shared names out there,

I've spent so many potions I'm halfway through my 1000 item maximum. It doesn't help that apparently most of my teammates are also spoofing and sniping gyms from their couch.
Yeah I just use my potions to fight obvious (read: mystic) spoofers now.

Joni

Just hatched a third ponyta in two weeks, all coming from the same set of stops right next to a fresh ponyta nest. I wonder what the 2 km egg will contain that I picked up on a Zubat nest.

Replicant

Actually, I think it's Niantic doing their annual spoofers purge yesterday.

Why? Because I noticed that many Mystic scumbag gyms went down or effectively halved yesterday with the usual spoofers name noticeably missing from the roster. If it was done by someone from the other team, the name would have appeared in another Mystic gyms nearby. Also, there's no way for that many gyms to go down simultaneously on a working day if it was taken down by a team. There's just not enough revive one can get in a normal day.

What I think happened is that many members on your gyms were spoofers and got banned, therefore thinning down the herds and made it easier for other teams to take over.

Replicant

People who get banned don't suddenly get erased from gyms. They just can't interact with gyms or claim coins anymore.

Really? I thought they'd be. Well, I don't have any other explanations then. It's just weird that they suddenly disappeared like that yesterday.

EDIT: I think Niantic should do that though. Otherwise, what a waste of space and no one else will know. It'll also serves as a deterrent for spoofers.

Really? I thought they'd be. Well, I don't have any other explanations then. It's just weird that they suddenly disappeared like that yesterday.

EDIT: I think Niantic should do that though. Otherwise, what a waste of space and no one else will know. It'll also serves as a deterrent for spoofers.

I'm an admin in a Pokemon Go group here in the city. I've people coming here daily showing off their spoofing and conquered gyms. Not one of them has been banned.

Niantic really needs to step up their game.

Went for a late night hunt last night after meeting some friends and after playing this game since day 1 I finally found my first ever wild Porygon, I was almost shaking when I saw it just sitting there. Used 4 Ultra Balls and it attacked every time I threw the ball. On my last Ultra Ball it calmed down and was captured in one (had used a Razz Berry though).

I then made my way home and as I walked through the door I hatched 3 eggs - my second ever Lickitung (I got my first literally a few days ago also from an egg), a 1200 CP Perfect IV Tangela with Solar Beam (Tangrowth when?) and my first Cleffa!

That puts me at 146 caught, just need 8 more buddy candy for Machamp and whole lotta luck for Hitmonlee, Pichu, Elekid and few more Togepi hatches for Togetic! The end is in sight!

tauke

Oddish and Psyduck for today's 5km egg walk...

And of course Niantic just gotta give me more 5km egg to fill up the empty slots.

Firemind

Oh my god

I was training my own pokemon who was alone and when i beat it a valor pokemon showed up. I run from the battle and apparently i trained the valor gym

LMAO

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I wish I saw more Eevees.

Extremely low on pokeballs after the starter event. Those starters murder your ball count because they're all kind of hard to catch. :(

Didn't get enough candies to get Venusaur/Charizard, either.

Went for a late night hunt last night after meeting some friends and after playing this game since day 1 I finally found my first ever wild Porygon, I was almost shaking when I saw it just sitting there. Used 4 Ultra Balls and it attacked every time I threw the ball. On my last Ultra Ball it calmed down and was captured in one (had used a Razz Berry though).

I remember when I caught Porygon as well.

Was doing volunteer work with a friend, she checks her phone and goes "what's that silhouette?" and I took both our phones and said "Porygon. I'll be back when I find it."

The starter event was kind of meh. Hopefully the nest rotation on Thursday brings something good to my local park. Friends getting enough gold for bag upgrades too, they haven't put any money in but I did to not have to wait so long with lower Pokémon storage.

Joni

Managed to sneak to level 30 today, passed it with 127 xp. Immediately did a mass evolve so I could candy some Pokemon. I'm ready for some new nests. They better be good or I'm just collecting pokeballs for two weeks. I don't need to level anymore so I can leave the crapmon alone aside from pidgey.

Firemind

Road to 40 hit a wall on 34 because I'm out of candies. I hope somewhere turns into a pidgey nest because I really need more fuel.
The grind is real.

Meanwhile, I'm amusing myself by pestering mystic. Where have you been all my life, Venusaur? I used to use Exeggutor with Solar Beam to battle Vapes, but Venusaur is so much faster with Vine Whip. Like a 3000cp Vape is dead in less than half a minute. I don't even need Solar Beam. Petal Blizzard means they can't troll me with random Aqua Tails too. Now I want to max it out but Bulbasaurs are so rare now...

I then made my way home and as I walked through the door I hatched 3 eggs - my second ever Lickitung (I got my first literally a few days ago also from an egg), a 1200 CP Perfect IV Tangela with Solar Beam (Tangrowth when?) and my first Cleffa!

That puts me at 146 caught, just need 8 more buddy candy for Machamp and whole lotta luck for Hitmonlee, Pichu, Elekid and few more Togepi hatches for Togetic! The end is in sight!

Congrats on that Porygon catch. He seems very problematic for people. I have caught four in the wild, but I never hatched a single one out of 539(!) eggs.

Good luck with the Hitmonlee!

deanote666

I reported someone on the 8th and didn't see them on any of the 4 gyms in one of my areas today.

Hopefully that's a good sign.

Fine if they come and clear out gyms once a day or so but they were showing up before a level 7 fully fell. Other times, they were showing up 10min after the gym fell...

Top Bottom