• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Replicant

One berry and two Pokeballs = Best Random Wild Grimer

I just got one too but from an egg. I was speechless. I never hatched a Grimer let alone get one with good IV. 82% IV and well balanced. Shame about the movesets though. So now I have no choice but to evolve it and hope it'll get good movesets for Weezing.

fisheyes

The last couple of weeks I've been actively seeking out nests of Pokemon I needed candy for, and I've finally started to feel like I've been getting somewhere. This morning after the nest change I decided to randomly check out a few nest spots I knew of and, bam, one of them was Seel, another nest I needed, plus I happened to find the last few Abra I needed.

Of the farmable stuff, I just need...
Koffing Candy x2 (my current buddy, about 5km left!)
Weedle Candy x9 (I actually have trouble finding these little buggers)
Nidoran F Candy x34
Oddish candy x97 (holy hell - I think I wasted some evolving Oddish for XP when I should've been saving for a Vileplume)
Grimer candy x[lots] (my next buddy, I will get there eventually).

Then I need Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Lapras, Lickitung and Porygon, and all the babies except Elekid. Those I feel will just be luck of the draw some day.

I feel like I'm close now though. Just need to track down an Oddish nest.

Searched for a good Bulbasaur during the starter event and found nothing.

Today, my Go Plus randomly catched a 91% level 30 one. Need 14 more candies to beef the lil' guy up. Hope he doesn't end up sucking.

Meh, my local park that was a Magikarp nest is now a Clefairy nest. What are Clefairies good for? At least Gyarados was good gym defender fodder. I already have a steady supply of dragon killers so meh on it as a Dragonite killer.

If immunities were in the game, fairies would have better utility (along with ghost and steel as Snorlax killers).

SaviourMK2

I got the flu on the last 3 days of the New Years event, all I needed was 40 more candies for Charizard, and I would've completed the starters :(

Firemind

I was leaving work and just when it calibrated because of the wifi, a Snorlax showed up! I was like enailfjgpajgiaejfajfiaefjaoejfoai, turned my car around, parked it and walked in a brisk pace. Shit IVs but I don't care I have a new buddy!

So after the event there was still a Charmander nest at university so yesterday I caught 4 on the way. Enough to evolve the one Charmander I caught during the event into this beauty

CJVWbuJ.png

But I already have one with the same move set that has like 20CP more but whatever, I didn't have to spend a single star dust on this so it's cool.

here are my top Pokémon by the way. Finally been able to kick out that shitty IV Kingler from my top list

AdanVC

Haven't posted in days here due to the Nintendo Switch hype haha. Also because... I haven't played that much Pokemon go anymore since the starters event finished :( I finally have enough candy for Venusaur but I still need 30 more for Blastoise so I just have the game open to walk my Wartortle and hatch eggs, but I don't catch Pokemon anymore, not even for the daily bonus :c I'm honestly tired as hell of catching the same ones and nothing exciting appears anymore. Hope that improves otherwise I can see myself finally stop playing this wich I don't want because playing this game has been an awesome experience to me and I want it to continue :(

JavyOO7

Haven't been playing too much either because of school... and my last hatches of 9 5KM eggs were disappointing... except for a Koffing! Which put me over the hump and now I evolved it to a Weezing.

Koffing looks so much more cuter than Weezing...

So from the gen 1 Pokedex I have 128 out of... 141? 143? Something like that. I've gotten luck lately by going to a completely different area. And that's what I'm going to do once I have free time. Go to nests I haven't been to before, go to different areas I haven't been to before to complete my Pokedex... I think I've exhausted all areas I could from my workplace and areas nearby. I just need Niantic to fix the Pokestops at my workplace now so they can spawn Pokemon...

Speaking of Niantic... golly! I guess we won't get another update until next week or something?

I'll use this time to write out what I'm missing since m app is open. =p

Wigglytuff
Dugtrio
Machamp
Golem
Magneton
Dewgong
Muk
Electrode
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Tauros (...-_-)
Lapras
Porygon
Omastar
Dragonite

GulAtiCa

I... uh... Caught another Gyarados! My 2nd caught actually. I now have 6 (4 I evolved, 2 of which are 95% and another that is 100%). Both caught Gyarados have horrible IVs (oddly good attack), but are good and high CP enough to leave in gyms. I'm happy. Funny enough, none of the 6 have Twister. lol

Firemind

Ffffffffffffffff I saw a Kabuto spawn while in the passenger seat driving 50 miles per hour but a Slowpoke was literally spawning in front of it to cockblock me. :(

I still don't understand why immunities are not in this game. Give them the normal 1.25 and 1.5 damage modifier (which still sucks). Gengar would be a lot more useful against Normal types especially Snorlax if that was the case since that's what I used him for in the original RBY games.

Firemind

I still don't understand why immunities are not in this game. Give them the normal 1.25 and 1.5 damage modifier (which still sucks). Gengar would be a lot more useful against Normal types especially Snorlax if that was the case since that's what I used him for in the original RBY games.
Otherwise flying types would be too powerful I guess. Or they could just buff ground attacks. ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯

Otherwise flying types would be too powerful I guess. Or they could just buff ground attacks. ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯

That could be fixed by buffing electric types too (which also makes Water vulnerable) since Ground have a decided advantage against them. Yeah it's complex but we would have a more balanced gym meta compared to what we have now, which is basically dominated by Vapes and Snorlax.

Actually, just even out all the types since its all about CP in this game anyway. In the absence of statuses, move effects, immunities and a more powerful effectiveness/resistance modifier, just make every Pokemon have almost the same CP. What we have now essentially makes almost every Pokemon outside of the top ten highest CP useless.

Firemind

Actually, just even out all the types since its all about CP in this game anyway. In the absence of status, immunities and a more powerful effectiveness/resistance modifier, just make every Pokemon have almost the same CP. What we have now essentially makes almost every Pokemon outside of the top ten highest CP useless.
I don't agree with this. Tiers exist in any competitive fighting game. Personally I still use Slowbros and Poliwraths in low level gyms or to deplete a local gym's resources. And a lot of Pokemon are super useful for prestiging. I don't know how many times I used the likes of Starmie, Tangela, Magneton, Parasect, Sandslash. Almost every Pokemon has its role.

Replicant

Did Mass Evolve 5: Shepard Strikes Back. The not sucky ones:

5qKjl6Q.png

It kind of annoys me that different sites have different opinion on the best offense and defense movesets. Especially when it comes to plants and starters Pokemon.

But whatever. At this point in time I have one of each.

Growlie19

Haven't been playing as much due to winter, but I got my free incubators, a Charizard, two Blastoise, and got halfway to Venusaur during the starter event. I also hatched my first Hitmonchan, Elekid, and Pichu, which was very nice. Finally, I reached level 29 today! Now to daily bonus my way through the rest of this miserable season! Yay?

Awayze

Neo Member
Caught a Gloom, saw a Pikachu but cba catching it. The best day since the starter event finished, thats how gloomy it is here for me.

Teppic

Hatched a Lapras. It has Icy shard & Blizzard, 93.3% perfection, 13/15/14. Really happy about it. First great pokemon I've got.

Joni

Evolved one of the Rhyhorn from the nest. The result is a 2700 beast that beats my previous best mon by 500 cp.
I'm also getting close to Golem. Only 11 km anymore. After that 150 for Machamp, 106 for Gyriados or 225 for Omanyte. Maybe the 400 for Dragonite.

Evolved one of the Rhyhorn from the nest. The result is a 2700 beast that beats my previous best mon by 500 cp.
I'm also getting close to Golem. Only 11 km anymore. After that 150 for Machamp, 106 for Gyriados or 225 for Omanyte. Maybe the 400 for Dragonite.

The dragonite is so far away, and I average like 5 miles walking a day.

tauke

...hatched a Geodude from my 2km egg walk lol.

So another 3 more daily 10 coins for me before I can get another incubator.

The gyms over here are way "too competitive" by spoofers that going to some least traffic area means the moment I put my Pokemon into the gym, it will get taken down immediately with no one in sight other than me.

PaRappa

Guys I have a real problem with this app and Im pretty desperate for help.

For the last month Ive had this freezing glitch. I rarely hear people talk about this issue so I assume Im in an insignificant minority or there is a fix Im unaware of.

Basically every time i load up the app it freezes immediately and the spinning pokeball showing its connecting to the server is motion blurred and frozen. This happens almost every single time.

The only solution was to uninstall it and reinstall it every single time but I found going into Android' system settings and cleaning out the data meant it automatically fresh installed each time I loaded it up and I didnt waste data re-downloading it time but even this work around is still a major pain though as i have to sign in almost as a new user each time.

I also noticed that each time the app starts up it shows the old Christmas Pikachu/snorlax load screen for a moment before switching to the new load screen.

I assumed it was a bad install/corrupted cached file that hadn't gone away so I went as far as doing a full factory reset of my phone and installed the app again but still nothing, I still have the same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? I have an LG G4 on Android 6.0

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? I have an LG G4 on Android 6.0

I had an issue with freezing as well. To find out what's wrong, I looked at people's recent comments in the app store and I had seen the LG G4 mentioned a lot with respect to the freezing issue.

I'm not sure if your problem is similar to mine but I use this ''fix'' that I found on Reddit a while ago. As you can see in the gif, pressing the square button just before the map loads prevents the app from crashing.

Oxx

Looks like the Halloween event won the twitter poll for best Go event from last year.

I can't even remember. Was that just the increased ghost Pokemon + cubone? Or were their other bonuses?

Dynasty

Looks like the Halloween event won the twitter poll for best Go event from last year.

I can't even remember. Was that just the increased ghost Pokemon + cubone? Or were their other bonuses?

Double candy from catching/transferring pokemon and your buddys had to walk less to earn candy.

GulAtiCa

Just need 5 more candies for my Porygon!

Not sure what I'll walk next. Obvious choice is my Chansey. Need about 25 candies I think. Or I can do my Dratini so I can eventually get enough candy for my 3rd Dragonite. Or maybe Snorlax or Lapras. But I'll probably stick with Chansey.

Replicant

What made the Halloween event better:

* The increased in sighting was real increase. Not a mere bump like the starter events.
* Capture rate wasn't a nightmare like the starters.
* There were more chances to get good IV pokemon of those types.
* Increased candy.

Joni

And Golem makes 139. I'm hoping the eggs hatching tomorrow give me something new. There were only repeats today, although my second Tangela was kinda handy.

Top Bottom