• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Teppic

Hatched another Lapras. It has 82.2% perfection with Frost Breath and blizzard. Pretty good! Now I got one for attack and one for defence. But the best thing was the extra Lapras candy and that I now can walk with one and put the other one in a gym.

GulAtiCa

Hatched another Lapras. It has 82.2% perfection with Frost Breath and blizzard. Pretty good! Now I got one for attack and one for defence. But the best thing was the extra Lapras candy and that I now can walk with one and put the other one in a gym.

Sweet! I hope I get another one. My only 1 has like 60ish IVs from a egg.. So that one I'll use for attacking / presteiging gyms. I hope to get a higher IV hatch sometime and currently saving my candies for that.

JavyOO7

Keep getting failed to login error messages today and I don't know why.

Same thing with me. Niantic responded...

"We are currently experiencing server issues. We are working on a fix & will provide an update when resolved. Thank you for your patience."

tauke

The latest update runs awful on my Android phone besides the longer startup for no reason...

Game stutter so many times and the GPS occasionally not found.

Replicant

I'm annoyed at how the gym works. Apart from Dragonite, Gyarados, Snorlax, Rhydon, and Vaporeon, none of the other pokemons have the ability of reaching 30k CP. As a result, it's not surprising that most gyms are populated with nothing but those 5 types. It's boring and not conducive to an interesting gym fights.

And since there are assholes who keeps knocking down their own team's pokemon to keep a higher spot in the ladder, people end up resorting to just put Dragonite in them since it's the only pokemon with the highest possible CP and least amount of Stardust to power up. Fix this BS, Niantic!

Blizzard

Banned
They might have borked GPS stuff in general. I only got 2km out of a 4km run.
On a Moto G4 I've gotten half the distance I walk/run for quite a while. I haven't tested precisely since the update.

The update DOES take forever to log in now though, like 30 seconds. It's obnoxious since I have a habit of closing it, or sometimes it gets reset because I switch apps.

Firemind

The Plus shows up in the app sometimes if I turn bluetooth off and on while the app is running. You could also try resetting the connection.

tauke

Guess it is time for me to switch back to my PSP and 3DS as the latest update is a pain in the butt with the long login and GPS not functioning properly as my avatar will stand idle at a location until I reset the app...

No pun intended.

The Plus was working fine for me yesterday on my Galaxy S6.

You're lucky. I've two phones and it works with none of them. My gf also can't connect hers.

I've tried everything I've found online to no avail. I'm basically waiting for the next update while leaving my plus home.

I'm annoyed at how the gym works. Apart from Dragonite, Gyarados, Snorlax, Rhydon, and Vaporeon, none of the other pokemons have the ability of reaching 30k CP. As a result, it's not surprising that most gyms are populated with nothing but those 5 types. It's boring and not conducive to an interesting gym fights.

And since there are assholes who keeps knocking down their own team's pokemon to keep a higher spot in the ladder, people end up resorting to just put Dragonite in them since it's the only pokemon with the highest possible CP and least amount of Stardust to power up. Fix this BS, Niantic!

Been this way from the very start. It seems that most of my favorite unique monsters (Rapidash, Blastoise, Sandslash, Vileplume, Ninetales) never get to leave the ball even if they are maxed out. That's a damn shame.

Firemind

Been this way from the very start. It seems that most of my favorite unique monsters (Rapidash, Blastoise, Sandslash, Vileplume, Ninetales) never get to leave the ball even if they are maxed out. That's a damn shame.
Rapidash and Ninetales are okay Exeggutor and Lapras trainers.

Blastoise is better than Vaporeon at training.

Sandslash is an awesome Electric and Fire trainer.

Vileplume is kind of bad because of no Vine Whip.

Rapidash and Ninetales are okay Exeggutor and Lapras trainers.

Blastoise is better than Vaporeon at training.

Sandslash is an awesome Electric and Fire trainer.

Vileplume is kind of bad because of no Vine Whip.

Training is a ridiculous waste of time! I wouldn't spend two minutes building a spot for a teammate (or myself) ... when everyone who still plays this has the means to take a maxed out gym down to zero in under 10 minutes. If training gave more xp it might be worthwhile for me, but as is, all-out attack focus is the only way to plan to get coins at the gyms in my region.

Firemind

I wonder what the average level is in your region... People over here are still scraping through lvl. 30 so not every gym is filled with Dragonites, Rhydons and Gyaradoses. I don't know about you, but I can maybe take a lvl. 10 gym down in less than 20 minutes if they're all easy. Against a normal average gym, a battle takes about 30 seconds and a lvl. 10 gym has 44 battles to go through, so it'd take more than 20 minutes. Then again, I don't have Dragonites with Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw...

Training is a ridiculous waste of time! I wouldn't spend two minutes building a spot for a teammate (or myself) ... when everyone who still plays this has the means to take a maxed out gym down to zero in under 10 minutes. If training gave more xp it might be worthwhile for me, but as is, all-out attack focus is the only way to plan to get coins at the gyms in my region.

I like training a lot. It's much more tactical and it gives even weaker Pokemon a value. You really have to think about what Pokemon and moves to use.Fighting is just all about getting those high CP beasts and then tap on the screen like a maniac.
Also when I take down a gym and put my Pokemon in I know that it probably won't stay that long. If I level up a Level 6 gym there are good chances it will stay there for a while.

Joni

They should give Evolution Items when you train a gym. It would basically be my only motivation.

Oxx

After hoarding my stardust for so long I'm down to just 20k now.

I don't know why I bother considering I don't do much gym stuff.

Have they upped the 10k drop rate?
I've gotten 5 this week!

And maybe the rare spawns are up a little too?

Had a great day yesterday, caught 20+ Magikarps, two Dratini and two Lapras (three weeks ago I didn't have a single Lapras), as well as two 10K eggs.

GulAtiCa

Stardust isn't usually a concern of mine, I tend to spend it quite often and gain it back just as quickly. For example, after Sunday I had near 0. Now, as of today Friday, I have over 55k. Prob have 70k after the Sunday 7-day bonus.

Using it to power up my 100% Gyarados.

Speaking of which, at my current rate, I gain about 40+ Magikarp candies a work day. I could easily have a new Gyarados twice a month. lol. I now have 7. All without Twister.

After hoarding my stardust for so long I'm down to just 20k now.

I don't know why I bother considering I don't do much gym stuff.
Just saw that a friend of mine has 500k star dust. I was so jelly.
I never have more than 5k. I spent it asap all the time.

GulAtiCa

Most I ever had was a little over 200k. Was when I went on Universal Studios and was hatching 9 eggs at all times (including 11 10k eggs) in 6 day vacation period. I prob gained at least 100k that week, if not more.

Oxx

I'm sure I had about 600k stardust at one point.

I didn't really have any of the big hitters to invest it in for a long time.

Now I just regret levelling my Charizard and Venusaur.

GulAtiCa

Hmm, I only regret leveling my early Pokemon. Like my once Tentacruel and other Pokemon when I was below lv 18. Why did I ever level up a Taurus (well, was before the upped the spawns)

But, I don't tend to regret using stardust much these days. Mainly as I gain 50k+ a week easily. Hell, prob spent the last 250k on leveling up my various Gyarados. lol

Firemind

I'm sure I had about 600k stardust at one point.

I didn't really have any of the big hitters to invest it in for a long time.

Now I just regret levelling my Charizard and Venusaur.
I just hatched a Bulbasaur and my Venusaur is now only ten candy away from max level Kreygasm

So good at killing Vaporeon because fuck Vaporeon

My Charizard is maxed and it shrugs off Exeggutors that don't have Psychic.

Teppic

I have 462k stardust. I don't really have that many good Pokemon to spend it on. And if I have a good one I don't have enough candy.

Think I had over 500k Stardust at one time. Down to 100k now after powering up my Dragonite, Snorlax, Lapras and my 3 Gyarados and 4 Vaporeans.

Top Bottom