• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Did the update do anything for Android Plus users?

sadly no. But the update came out very quickly after the update that borked it. So likely wasn't fully known by time they submitted it.

I can still get it to work (disconnect it, connect it manually via bluetooth phone settings and then connect it via Go's settings). But still very annoying...

Through some datamining, people found a new icon and what looks to be text indicating you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from GO over to the main games.

YqYZOn9.jpg

IQsgwfX.jpg

Through some datamining, people found a new icon and what looks to be text indicating you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from GO over to the main games.

YqYZOn9.jpg

IQsgwfX.jpg

Somehow I don't think this will ever happen. Would be amazing though.

Just saw that they changed the "Eh" from the hatching screen back to "Oh". Was fun while it lasted.

teeny

Somehow I don't think this will ever happen. Would be amazing though.

Just saw that they changed the "Eh" from the hatching screen back to "Oh". Was fun while it lasted.

If they have done if for the gen 1 games via the transfer tool, I don't know why PoGo is out of the question.

It would be cool, would give me some more incentive to go hunting for rare monsters, that's for sure.

AdanVC

First time posting here in a while. I stopped playing Pokémon Go for real this time, guys :'(

Haven't played since the Starters event ended. I simply cannot bring myself to continue catching the same trashy Pokémon over and over and over and over and over... and over and over and over. It's simply not okay to have 800+ Sandshrew candies and just 14 Dratini candies. Also, all gyms are infested with level 35+ hackers and I keep hatching nothing but crap on eggs. I don't even open the app to walk with my buddy pokémon anymore. Too bad because I was getting close to complete the Pokédex. I only needed Blastoise, Lickitung, Grimer, Muk, Dragonite and Gyarados. I don't think I will continue playing once gen 2 hits since gen 1 is the only gen I remember each Pokémon perfectly. I don't know any pokémon of gen 2 other than Chikorita and Togepi lol. But anyway, I'm super grateful with this game, my GOTY 2016 for sure despite the actual software is buggy as hell. I meet a lot of people thanks to this game and I made some friends too! I also walked a lot and I did tons of excercise thanks to it.

Also my phone is gonna thank me for this because god damn. This game was totally draining the life out of the damn phone. It's an iPhone 6 so no way to change the battery on this things!

Is there a Ditto event on or something? Never got one before, suddenly four in an hour.

Same here. I got two within a span of minutes.

Really nice to finally have one after a few months, and I was catching a lot of the 2k junk. It didn't even seem like Ditto existed in the place where I live until today.

I can't believe no one here but me is talking about the OSM stuff. That's the most interesting/worthwhile PoGo related development in a long time!

teeny

I can't believe no one here but me is talking about the OSM stuff. That's the most interesting/worthwhile PoGo related development in a long time!

This comment intrigued me because I did not know what OSM was. So I checked it out...

....okay, this is cool. I looked at my local area and was missing some parks, woodland and a reservoir, so have begun adding them all in on the map (I'm not going to cheat and add stuff that isn't really there, though!). How long does it take for "new" parks and stuff to start spawning? I just missed a nest rotation so am a bit annoyed by that!

Is it confirmed that OSM is the source of the biome spawns?

GulAtiCa

Just need 2 more Dratini Candies! Though, I think I'll likely wait till I have 150 candies total before I evolve, since I'll need to level up a good bit anyways. Who knows maybe I'll get a 100% Dratini by then lol

I have 122 currently (and walking a Dragonair). So I'll just need to catch 10 more at this point. Prob more like 6 to 7 more after some walks.

Oxx

I only got 2 kabuto out of the nest before it changed :(

I haven't been to see what that one has changed to, but we now have Magmar and Bulbasaur nests elsewhere.

Joni

Looked around, I don't see any credible path for the remaining 13 Pokemon I need right now. So I think I will just keep the daily bonus going and that is it. Even walking isn't worth it when I need so many candy for each one and when all eggs will hatch stuff that I already have. They really need to help people Complete their Dex.

jnWake

Looked around, I don't see any credible path for the remaining 13 Pokemon I need right now. So I think I will just keep the daily bonus going and that is it. Even walking isn't worth it when I need so many candy for each one and when all eggs will hatch stuff that I already have. They really need to help people Complete their Dex.

Yep, it's getting stale for me too. Starters event didn't even help me much haha, I got like 1 Charmander and 2 Bulbasaur from it.

GulAtiCa

Which ones do you still need? They should really introduce trading soon. Would help out.

Joni

Which ones do you still need? They should really introduce trading soon. Would help out.
Dragonite, Machamp, Muk, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Gyriados, Snorlax, Chansey, Farfetched, Kanghaskan, Tauros, Magby and Togetic. And yes, they need to bring out trading or really change the balance of spawns.

Yep, it's getting stale for me too. Starters event didn't even help me much haha, I got like 1 Charmander and 2 Bulbasaur from it.
That one at least worked for me . I have two Venosaur, and enough candy for a second Blastoise/Charizard if I find a good base Pokemon.

I have a couple evolutions left (need 24 Oddish candy, 16 Seel candy, and a whopping 93 Dratini candy - and ideally a Togepi actually worth evolving, I already have the candy), but it's Grimer and Aerodactyl that are really preventing me from ever getting completion. Ugh.

Yeah GPS drift is way less for me now, which is a bummer.

I think walking might be more accurate though? I seem to acquire a little more distance than before while walking.

Hatched about 50 5k eggs since Gen 2 started and still no sodding Togepi.
I hear they're only in 0.5% of eggs? So one in every 200?

Did catch a 2258cp Vaporeon and a 2015cp Snorlax today though!

zulux21

What? They were everywhere.

in the midwest it's actually winter, there is only so much walking you can do.

all i wanted though was a single charmander so I at least got that but i only really got 15 starts total during the event despite going out twice for them.

most were caught from my living room.

GulAtiCa

Uhhh. I ended up getting several Charizards, Venusaur and Blastoise. Not to mention 150+ candy each for both. They were everywhere! How you miss out? Lol. :/

Is it confirmed that OSM is the source of the biome spawns?

It was always a theory that it had something to do with spawns, but it wasn't ever much more than just a hunch until recently. Last month I put up a thread on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5jv1c4/i_think_i_figured_out_why_pokemon_never_spawned/ talking about how I thought I figured out why no Pokemon ever spawned at my college. On OSM it was marked as a grade school and not a college, and grade schools are supposed to be deadzones. So I updated the tag to "College Grounds". A lot of other people in that thread checked OSM in their area and saw that weird listings there explained weird spawn trends that happened in their area.

Ever since the Korea update, this thread was posted of people reporting that updates they made to OSM made changed in game. Also, we also got the first official confirmation that OSM is being used in some way. They use it in Korea because they can't use Korea's government mapping or whatever. It's not official confirmation that it's being used anywhere outside of Korea, but I think the evidence is pretty heavy that it's being used to some extent in other places.

I think changes will only been seen in game when they update spawn points.

teeny

It was always a theory that it had something to do with spawns, but it wasn't ever much more than just a hunch until recently. Last month I put up a thread on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5jv1c4/i_think_i_figured_out_why_pokemon_never_spawned/ talking about how I thought I figured out why no Pokemon ever spawned at my college. On OSM it was marked as a grade school and not a college, and grade schools are supposed to be deadzones. So I updated the tag to "College Grounds". A lot of other people in that thread checked OSM in their area and saw that weird listings their explained weird spawn trends that happened in their area.

Ever since the Korea update, this thread was posted of people reporting that updates they made to OSM made changed in game. Also, we also got the first official confirmation that OSM is being used in some way. They use it in Korea because they can't use Korea's government mapping or whatever. It's not official confirmation that it's being used anywhere outside of Korea, but I think the evidence is pretty heavy that it's being used to some extent in other places.

I think changes will only been seen in game when they update spawn points.

Great, thanks for the info/confirmation. I'm sad I missed this before the nest update yesterday! I'm looking forward to checking the new locations I added locally when the next rotation hits.

Almost took my first gym today... got the final Pokemon, a Dragonite, down until just a sliver of health was left and my last Pokemon fainted... So close. Will try again tomorrow, I think.

Great, thanks for the info/confirmation. I'm sad I missed this before the nest update yesterday! I'm looking forward to checking the new locations I added locally when the next rotation hits.

By the way, when I say updating spawn points, I'm not referring to nest migrations. I'm talking about when Niantic actually add or remove places where Pokemon can spawn (or alter their spawn algorithm, or whatever they do). There have been a few updates where they've done that and people notice how there are new or removed spawn points in their area. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/search?q=new+spawn+points&restrict_sr=on (Just in case you didn't get that already. I couldn't tell for sure if you were referring to nest "rotation" or not)

So I got a lvl 20 Machop (13/13/13) and a lvl 20 Machamp (12/12/12) with karate chop and Submission. I got 49 candy.
Should I level up my Machamp or wait until I got 125 candy and evolve the Machop. I don't know what to do :(

teeny

By the way, when I say updating spawn points, I'm not referring to nest migrations. I'm talking about when Niantic actually add or remove places where Pokemon can spawn (or alter their spawn algorithm, or whatever they do). There have been a few updates where they've done that and people notice how there are new or removed spawn points in their area. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/search?q=new+spawn+points&restrict_sr=on (Just in case you didn't get that already. I couldn't tell for sure if you were referring to nest "rotation" or not)

Ah, I was referring to nest rotations, I assumed that's what it was. More fool me! That's good it might not be that long of a wait before I notice increased spawns in the area.

CassSept

i need 3 more for gen 1.

chancey
kabutops
dragonite

what do i dooo :(

i feel like just using one of those maps but do they even exist anymore?

Well at least for the latter two you can walk and you'll get them one day. As for Chansey, well. I've been stuck at missing only Hitmonlee for a month now. And that was 1.5 month after I've hit 141, missing only Dragonite which I eventually managed to get from buddy system.

In other words, as far as Chansey is concerned, I'm afraid you're screwed.

Oxx

Hoping for another event where you get double candy.

There's not a lot I'm playing for right now, but hatching a dratini or lapras with a lot of candy would be useful.

Top Bottom