• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Training is a ridiculous waste of time! I wouldn't spend two minutes building a spot for a teammate (or myself) ... when everyone who still plays this has the means to take a maxed out gym down to zero in under 10 minutes. If training gave more xp it might be worthwhile for me, but as is, all-out attack focus is the only way to plan to get coins at the gyms in my region.
I don't think I've ever seen a gym go down from level 10 to 0 in ten minutes, and I've a monster of an attack lineup.

GulAtiCa

Not true. Fastest I've ever done was 8 minutes! Ok... That was a lv 10 gym with cp 21 horeseas... lol

----

But seriously, fastest I've done a legit gym is like 35 minutes.

Training up a gym by 4k cp max doesn't usually take much time. Much quicker if it's a couple of easy pokemon or Gyarados.

So, I can't login into the game since yesterday. I've apparently been banned since there was a ban wave yesterday and some botters here in Bogota got banned. Some, not all, not even most.

So, I stupidly bought some coins on December to support the game, stupidly bought a Go+ that stopped working and now I feel Niantic banned my account. I don't even know how to write to Niantic ops since all you can do is request a ban appeal (which I did).

I don't spoof, I don't bot, and the only thing I use is an app to help me organize my pokemon (renaming, seeing IVs).

I feel like an idiot.

Edit: I'm not getting the ban screen. I just can't login into the game (Unable to authenticate) while everyone else around me, phisically, has no problem to do so.

Awayze

Neo Member
Games pretty rubbish nowdays anyway, far too buggy, laggy animations, takes years to load up and still freezes occasionally. Gets worse with every update.

Firemind

So, I can't login into the game since yesterday. I've apparently been banned since there was a ban wave yesterday and some botters here in Bogota got banned. Some, not all, not even most.

So, I stupidly bought some coins on December to support the game, stupidly bought a Go+ that stopped working and now I feel Niantic banned my account. I don't even know how to write to Niantic ops since all you can do is request a ban appeal (which I did).

I don't spoof, I don't bot, and the only thing I use is an app to help me organize my pokemon (renaming, seeing IVs).

I feel like an idiot.

Edit: I'm not getting the ban screen. I just can't login into the game (Unable to authenticate) while everyone else around me, phisically, has no problem to do so.
You should have gotten an e-mail to the one you have the account on if they banned you.

You should have gotten an e-mail to the one you have the account on if they banned you.
Apparently they do it unless you're caught spoofing.

I've never done it, but my GPS has been acting up and sometimes teleports me up to twenty kilometers away, but I'm quickly back to where I was after a few seconds. In my office sometimes my character would run away randomly to across the highway and back.

Last week I got like 6 capchas in under an hour because I turned on a wifi hotspot for two friends with no internet service.

Man, I am so angry right now.

Firemind

Apparently they do it unless you're caught spoofing.

I've never done it, but my GPS has been acting up and sometimes teleports me up to twenty kilometers away, but I'm quickly back to where I was after a few seconds. In my office sometimes my character would run away randomly to across the highway and back.

Last week I got like 6 capchas in under an hour because I turned on a wifi hotspot for two friends with no internet service.

Man, I am so angry right now.
What? Doesn't matter what reason you were banned for. People I know were caught GPS spoofing and they got an e-mail saying they violated their terms of service.

What? Doesn't matter what reason you were banned for. People I know were caught GPS spoofing and they got an e-mail saying they violated their terms of service.
Well, what should I do then? There seems to be no way to actually get NianticOps support through an email and I already tried every conceivable way of connecting my account.

If you can create another account with a different e-mail, then I say the odds you're banned are high.
They fuck my Go+ up and now they ban me.

I spent money on this shit on December to support the fucking game. I wish I could just speak to a human being. Why was I banned?

The worst part is people are spoofing right now and taking down gyms in my city. High level spoofers too. None of them lost their accounts.

I don't spoof. I take my time to go to the damn gyms to take them down. I spent coins to buy lures to place on stops and organize meet ups. I do everything by the book.

This week I had some short vacations after switching jobs and all I did was play this game. Did I play too much? What the goddamn fuck.

Awayze

Neo Member
Old phone or OS version? I don't experience that here.
Nah, its a Xperia Z3, its a fast phone, the app is just poor, its the same on a friends Galaxy S7, slow to open, laggy scrolling and glitchy animations. It gets worse with updates so its not the phones. Probably runs better on iOS.

JavyOO7

Getting closer to level 29, caught a Dratini to get me ever so close to a Dragonite (20 more candies, or 100 KM to walk), a Jigglypuff (need a few more to get to Wiggly)... not much new to report for me. I went to place by my work, an outdoor mall, where I thought I'd get a Dratini but no dice except for Jigglypuff...

After my exam two Mondays from now I'm going to a park around 10 miles from my workplace... its a national park. I had no idea. So hopefully my connection is good and I can find decent stuff there.

tauke

I wonder if other Android users are experiencing laggier scrolling and the occasional avatar stop walking with the latest update.

Now I just do my usual daily catch and spin before I turn it off until the next day. What a shame Niantic.

Think I had over 500k Stardust at one time. Down to 100k now after powering up my Dragonite, Snorlax, Lapras and my 3 Gyarados and 4 Vaporeans.

I pretty much never use stardust. Gyms can be brute-forced with almost anything, and I always feel like I'm going to eventually catch a stronger Pokemon somewhere down the road anyway.

I have over 1.1 million at level 30 right now. xD

Oxx

I eventually hunted down my second ever Snorlax (no pokestops around, so had to use sightings).

The first wild one I caught had a pathetic CP of something like 42.

This one is a meaty cp2481.

Not great stats, though.

Undefined

Anyone ever had this happen? This was a while back.
Thought it was kinda funny:
H3k5m2X.png

GulAtiCa

Since last Sunday, I gained 70k stardust. --- And now it's gone.

My 100% IV Gyarados is now fully leveled up. Prob took over 250k to do so. lol

Joni

Went to the local Omanyte nest to catch the final 7 I needed for my first Omastar. Managed to snag one at 1150 CP which was ideal for evolving. That makes #141. Now if the next migration could give me some good nests as well.

GulAtiCa

Snorlax is only 62% IV, but he's a big lad. I should probably keep him.

At 2481 that is great! Even with bad IVs, still really useful. Back in early Oct I caught a 2100ish (now 2350ish due to CP change)with like 50s IV. Highest Snorlax I currently have and place in gyms all the time. Works out well.

Finally hit 30 last night, along with catching my first ever Snorlax.

Now if I could just find some of these elusive pricks that refuse to spawn in my town. Just need Aerodactyl, Kabuto, and I think the middle dragon evolution. And the region locked ones of course.

GulAtiCa

I just reached lv 31 myself. Also, Dragonair is freaking huge! Currently just need 13 more Dratini candies to get my 3rd Dragonite. I'll likely catch 4 more soon & walk the rest.

I also now have 6 weeks of Egg Incubators in my reserve. I use up 2 full egg incubators (so 3 uses each, for 6 total) a week from when I bought a bunch from December. So I wont need to buy any more egg incubators for a little bit. I also have 6 10k eggs holding now, I hope to get up to 9 soon.

Radabe

Neo Member
For those still wanting one Pokemon go plus is currently available at Amazon for the normal price. First time I've seen it in stock in ages.
Don't know how long it'll last.

Quick update - as of 8pm EST looks like it's back to the third party sellers....

I accidentally hit the Pokemon Go app instead of my email. Saw this:

I sprinted out of the house, into the rain. As human biology has proved, Californians immediately melt upon contact with rain water. I caught this guy:

2600 CP. It's looking to be a good day so far.

For those still wanting one Pokemon go plus is currently available at Amazon for the normal price. First time I've seen it in stock in ages.
Don't know how long it'll last.
I'd seriously consider buying one of these. It's a flawed product, but the quality of life it adds to the game is fantastic. It's nice being able to sit in a bar and hit the button every 5 minutes to hit the pokestop. That adds up very quickly.

tauke

I'm envy that you guys can still play like as usual while the latest update left me really sour with the long boot time and the avatar not walking after a while.

I just do the usual dailies bonus and not even bother with gym since it also drained my battery really fast...

Firemind

Someone is taking my gyms so I gotta do something about it.

Also I'm trying to hatch as many eggs as humanly possible because Gen II is going to throw everything out of whack.

GulAtiCa

Working extra late tonight paid off. I ended up getting another Dratini and another 10k egg! So now I have 7 10k eggs. Getting closer to 9 of them.

God damn it, a Lapras has just shown up on my nearby list for the first time ever, but it's in a cemetery that is closed every night from 5pm onwards. Theres no way in to get it.
4 of the 5 Pokestops in my local area are within the cemetery, inaccessible for over half of the day. And when it is open I feel kinda disrespectful just going in there for Pokemon.

Is there anyone I can contact to get them to move the Pokestops somewhere more accessible?

GulAtiCa

God damn it, a Lapras has just shown up on my nearby list for the first time ever, but it's in a cemetery that is closed every night from 5pm onwards. Theres no way in to get it.
4 of the 5 Pokestops in my local area are within the cemetery, inaccessible for over half of the day. And when it is open I feel kinda disrespectful just going in there for Pokemon.

Is there anyone I can contact to get them to move the Pokestops somewhere more accessible?

Ah damn. I know your pain. Near the beginning, there ended up being a Snorlax in a gated small community. No way to get in.

Nice. I have 4.

We need that double-candy event.
For extra Onix candy
Me too. I won't hold onto all 9 when I have them all this time, unless they just announce it. Would love extra candies.

Oxx

In the absence of anything better to do, I have started taking gyms slightly more seriously.

30 coins in one day! A new record!

Top Bottom