• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Lol, this update is feature packed!

https://thesilphroad.com/news/pokemon-go-v053-apk-mine-new-moves-and-evolution-items

38 NEW MOVES HAVE BEEN ADDED!
EVOLUTION ITEMS!
POKEMON 'FORMS' FOUND: LIKELY FOR UNOWNS!
A NEW "NEWS" DIGEST SECTION
MORE AVATAR CUSTOMIZATION!
EVEN MORE SHINY AND GENDER CODE
GYM RADIUS INTERACTION TWEAKS
LARGE DEBUGGING TOOLS
NEW SPONSOR TYPES

The new Sponsor codewords are "Pan", "BBQ" and "Fryer".

I'd love for "Pan" to be Panera Bread. I go there often enough, and the one by my house would then have 2! (due to the Sprint store next to it)

GulAtiCa

I'd love it if they made lv 10 gyms act like Pokemon Centers for that team. Would give greater incentive for those to get it to lv 10 and for those to take it down. Though, should prob make it like lv 8 and above, since leveling down a lv 10 gym to lv 9 is just a 1 battle anyways.

Speaking of GPS drift, I just drifted out of gym I'm sitting about 6 feet from. Cool! Why the fuck do they have that stupid temp "ban" for barely walking away anyway?

With Gen 2 around the corner I'm starting to think I'll literally never get a Grimer. Or Aerodactyl for that matter.

I missed a Muk by 1 or 2 minutes in the Summer, only time I've ever seen the shadow nearby

The few times I've seen Aerodactyl nearby I've been on a train and couldn't get off lol

I think my GPS drift has gotten even better. Amazing. Gonna be at work the whole day. If I keep the pace I'll make about 20km.
Unfortunately this game only gives me 5km eggs right now. I still need Togepi but chances of getting one are slim. I want those 2km eggs dammit.

I think my GPS drift has gotten even better. Amazing. Gonna be at work the whole day. If I keep the pace I'll make about 20km.
Unfortunately this game only gives me 5km eggs right now. I still need Togepi but chances of getting one are slim. I want those 2km eggs dammit.

I've went about 8KM since 9AM. Not bad. (It's 11.50AM now).

Just sitting at my desk.

GulAtiCa

C2dYzAjWgAM66o9.jpg

Finally! Got enough candy. Going to switch to Ryhorn now. Just need 4 candies and then my lv 30 Rhyhorn that I caught (69%) will be ready to evolve into a power house.

Will prob do Geodude after that, just need like 10 more. Then onto Dratini again to get my 3rd Dragonite and get more candies to level them all up once I hit lv 31.

tauke

Only have nine Porygon candies so far. ;-;

The latest update is still not live for my region but I'm already getting bored with the game even with the latest migration.

GulAtiCa

Only have nine Porygon candies so far. ;-;

The latest update is still not live for my region but I'm already getting bored with the game even with the latest migration.
I started out with like 10 candies.. Hence the 120km walk. lol

Leveled up to 23 and got no items.
You did. Check your Items. Sometimes it's a bit delayed or their notification for it sometimes doesn't get displayed (usually if the game is in "loading" circle)

Awayze

Neo Member
Nope, I didn't get anything, I had 30 Ultra balls saved after the starters event finished at level 22, leveled upto 23 yesterday and have 31 Ultra balls right now, with 1 being received from a Pokestop today. Razz berries etc all still the same, had no level 23 animation either.
Poorly developed buggy game.

I've been wondering, when you enter a battle, how/why does the game choose your starting 6 attackers?

Because almost every time I start a battle it chooses my Vileplume as the first attacker, despite it being my 12th-highest CP Pokemon.

GeoGonzo

I've been wondering, when you enter a battle, how/why does the game choose your starting 6 attackers?

Because almost every time I start a battle it chooses my Vileplume as the first attacker, despite it being my 12th-highest CP Pokemon.
Favourite pokemon get preference. Could it be that?

Dynasty

Thanks!

Is it worth using the Rhyhorn or should I wait til I get better one. I know Rhydons are meant to be pretty good.

For defendig the CP is low so I wouldnt really put it in gyms unless you dont have any other higher CP pokemon.
For attacking you might find some use just depends on what pokemon you will be attacking. You got a good Rhyhorn just need to evolve it, if you find a better one before you reach 50 candy, then evolve that one but keep this one around.

Replicant

Hello, I've made it to level 21 and I'm ready to get into taking gyms and battling. I got this guy in an egg yesterday.

screenshot_20170119-05ak4h.png

Is he worth investing in? If yes, should I level him before evolving or evolve first and then power up?

Evolve, if it has good movesets then pump it with stardust. If not,just dump it as gym fodder in a less competitive area.

Top Bottom