• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

It finally happened! I evolved a Gyarados and got Twister! I can join the Twister club!

It's my 8th Gyarados actually, so I'm not mad. lol. Already was lv 29 when I evolved it (caught a 162 cp Magikarp), so all good. Nice to have extra Gym fodder. Now sitting at 2695 cp (it's IVs are like 65%)

This is now my top 24:
C3MtgQ7WMAEzQxS.jpg:large
C3MthPtXAAABQw9.jpg:large

GulAtiCa

Damn that Gengar must be baller

At 91%, it has served me well. For a long while, was my go-to for dealing with Exeggutors. Esp training them. Even though I was weak against them, going up again one that was 500cp (back before the CP change) used to go through them like butter.

Dynasty

Found a dodou nest today. I caught like 5 of them and got a Dodrio. So another one down.
139 caught and still need:
Abra - on 95 Candy
Grimer - on 17
Rhyhorn - on 40
Magikarp - on 378 (Currently my buddy)
Omanyte - on 16
Dratini - on 34 ( have caught a dragonite but low CP and low IVs so need a proper one)
Togepi - on 10
Need to get a hatch a Magby/Magmar, Chansey and Snorlax and obviously the regionals are out of bound.

I've been playing every day since launch and I can't fathom how anyone has any Dragonites or Gyarados, let alone multiple. I've caught exactly two Dratini, ever, and I'm only at 160 Magikarp candy. Seems impossible. I know it isn't, but it just seems so unattainable.

Oxx

My Gyarados is my only 'mon over CP3000, but my Dragonite will get there soon through sheer attrition of buddy candy.

GulAtiCa

I've been playing every day since launch and I can't fathom how anyone has any Dragonites or Gyarados, let alone multiple. I've caught exactly two Dratini, ever, and I'm only at 160 Magikarp candy. Seems impossible. I know it isn't, but it just seems so unattainable.

At my work there are 4 water spawns that I can easily walk to (before Halloween was just 2). So that's my main source of Magikarps and Dratinis.

It's funny, I had over 1200 Magikarp candies at 1 point and just 2 or 3 Gyarados. But the CP change made me re-think it. Been catching and evolving like crazy lately. I also caught 2 luckily recently. Literally a month ago I had maybe 3 Gyarados. Hell, my now lv 32.5 100% Gyarados was recently lv 3... Took so much stardust! lol

My 1st Dragonite prob took me 3 months to achieve. Then another 2 or 3 for the next one. And now here I am 3 months later. Helps that I walked a Dratini over 120km, with 40 km during the Halloween event (so I got a big boost during that period).

I actually will have my 4th Dragonite once the next 2x candy event occurs, I now have 51 Dratinis to transfer (since Halloween)

My Gyarados is my only 'mon over CP3000, but my Dragonite will get there soon through sheer attrition of buddy candy.

Wow nice! You must be at least lv 33 right? I'm lv 31, to I need 2 more levels before I can be over 3000xp.

----

Edit: Just caught my 6th Dratini for the week. Usually I get about 2 to 3 a week, this week I'm doing pretty good.

I'm only level 20. My strongest Pokémon is a 1600 CP Rhydon.

I'm only just getting high enough to take out the weaker Pokémon at gyms.

Awayze

Neo Member
It depends where you live really, some places have all the luck, some like where I live are truly garbage and no point playing.

My friend lives right pretty much in the city center of Manchester where Magikarp and Dratini's spawn constantly so he has like 1000's of candy for them, to the point where he transfers Gyarodos' and Dragonites.

Saying that, I used a tracker to scan my area today and a frickin Kadabra 780cp and Growlithe were lurking about! Best captures in a while. Would have never have seen them with the crappy Pokestop sightings which only shows rats and pidgeys 24/7 at the closest stops.

I live in LA, which is a desert biome but I have managed to get three Gyarados. I can go to Santa Monica but it's a bitch to go there all the time. I got my Magikarps from Seattle of all places. Was able to get enough karps to get two Gyarados there at the famous spot by South Lake Union when lures were more plentiful. The third one I got when the nest two blocks away from me became a Karp nest. Halfway to a fourth one already.

I have an army of Rhyhorns and Arcanines that I'm holding unto in case the CP and the type effectiveness are balanced out in the future. I also use the Rhyhorns as gym fodder.

Oxx

I've lived in towns of 50k and 30k populations since Go came out. I think I'm just in a lucky part of England for spawn variety.

Plus I have a pokestop I can access from bed.

And I walk a lot.

Lionheart

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-012817/

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.55.0 for Android and 1.25.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Reduced the starting load time on Android devices.

Resolved Android connectivity issues for the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.

Integrated iOS wheelchair support for use with Apple Watch.

Minor text fixes.

Can't download it here yet, but especially the reduced starting load time is very welcome. I guess they were able to get it back to its old level.

HardRojo

I forgot my password and I'm trying to get my account back, but during the password reset screen it says that the info I put doesn't match. WTF!? Also wtf is a Player ID?

Oxx

I evolved a high-IV Slowpoke and a Poliwrath but managed to get terrible move-sets for both.

All I'm doing now is seeking Rhyhorn and Dratini candy to power-up. All of my other good mons are maxed.

And slowly collecting coins for incubators.

Hycran

Banned
Yesterday was unreal. Stanley park in Vancouver is one gigantic scyther nest. I caught 30 while driving around so plenty of candy for Scizor whenever it's around. Also caught a dragonite, some cool guys and saw my first gyrados in the wild, turned out to be a 2400+ wonder. Added him to the over 2800 club after some pumping. Now have 10 guys over 2800 and could easily get a few more if someone would just kill the gym they are in hsha.

Playing the game is a bit of a chore but there are still ways to get some enjoyment under the right circumstances.

Oxx

I could probably use Eevees for mass-evolution sessions too.

I have enough candy to evolve almost 90 of them.

putermcgee

I don't know if it's because of PkGo, or if my phone is just going bonkers (iPhone SE, 9.3.x), but the springboard crashed/relaunched several times yesterday while PkGo was running and paired with the plus (just got it a couple days ago). My phone also fully restarted twice, froze and required a hard reset three times (holding power & home until it restarts). At one point, I was unable to launch the game at all, and when it launched, it would crash at the screen where the baby Pokemon are watching fireworks.

I loaded it up today to pop a lucky egg, collect my 7-day bonuses, and evolve a bunch of Pidgeys. While evolving, the whole game was really laggy, and even crashed and caused the springboard to relaunch again.

Has anyone experienced this? When the app or phone crashed, it was running warm and the battery was draining way faster than usual.

Yes, finally got a god damn Chansey!

Gen 1 Eurodex complete now, 149 in total... just need Magby, Togepi/Togetic, Farfetchd and Kangaskhan.
Got six 10k eggs so hopefully at least one of them will be a Magby.

Yes, finally got a god damn Chansey!

Gen 1 Eurodex complete now, 149 in total... just need Magby, Togepi/Togetic, Farfetchd and Kangaskhan.
Got six 10k eggs so hopefully at least one of them will be a Magby.

Congrats on the Chansey.

I need Igglybuff, Smoochum, and Elekid. I have not registered Dragonite yet, because I need a Dratini and Dragonair with better stats. It has been extremely hard to get these in my current situation.

I hatched a Magby yesterday, and it has 100% IVs! I got two more 10km eggs, too.

Oxx

I finally got my Dragonite over 3000CP.

It's not even that good.

Steel Wing/Dragon Claw - HP 13 - ATT 15 - DEF 10 - 84.4% IV

jnWake

For Valentine's they'll release two of the most anticipated Pokémon out there: Luvdisc and Alomomola. Also special Farfetch'd holding a candy box.

Oxx

I don't quite understand this. I'm filling it out and there's a drop down menu for stardust, what's it asking? How much is needed to power up?

And then the HP/ATK/DEF buttons that you can click on and off, what's their purpose?

If you select 'Appraise' in the menu for an individual Pokemon, the leader of your team will give you information about the hp/atk/def that you can input so that the website can work out the exact stats.

If you select 'Appraise' in the menu for an individual Pokemon, the leader of your team will give you information about the hp/atk/def that you can input so that the website can work out the exact stats.

Oh I see, I getcha! I'd never paid attention to that part of the appraisal.

If this is correct then my Dragonite is 95.6%! Although it says it's level 32.5, and I am level 31.5.

My top 12's IVs are:

Dragonite - 95.6
Gyarados' - 100 / 84.4 / 73.3
Snorlax - 88.9
Vaproeans - 91.1 / 84.4 / 84.4 / 75.6 / 53.3
Lapras - 82.2
Rhydon - 73.3

Pretty happy with that.

No way can I bothered to go through and check them all!

I rarely use any Pokemon outside of my top 12 anyway, so they're kinda irrelevant to me.

Man I hope the next event reduces the amount of walking to gain buddy candy again, that was awesome. Would kinda make sense for the Valentine event to be buddy related?

Mr Swine

Banned
Any big update coming in the next few weeks? Last one was at the end of November and I'm starting to get tired playing Pokemon Go since where I live the same Pokemon spawn and nothing new

Joni

No way can I bothered to go through and check them all!

I rarely use any Pokemon outside of my top 12 anyway, so they're kinda irrelevant to me.

Man I hope the next event reduces the amount of walking to gain buddy candy again, that was awesome. Would kinda make sense for the Valentine event to be buddy related?

It is going to be a surprise Luvdisc release.

Any big update coming in the next few weeks? Last one was at the end of November and I'm starting to get tired playing Pokemon Go since where I live the same Pokemon spawn and nothing new

Not really a Go player, but there's a lot of Johto-related card stuff happening in April-May. Seems similar to the Legendary Bird blister packs, which were directly marketed based on the 3 teams. You might be seeing the rest of the Johto Pokemon around then.

Oh I see, I getcha! I'd never paid attention to that part of the appraisal.

If this is correct then my Dragonite is 95.6%! Although it says it's level 32.5, and I am level 31.5.

My top 12's IVs are:

Dragonite - 95.6
Gyarados' - 100 / 84.4 / 73.3
Snorlax - 88.9
Vaproeans - 91.1 / 84.4 / 84.4 / 75.6 / 53.3
Lapras - 82.2
Rhydon - 73.3

Pretty happy with that.

If you're Level 31 (cause you yourself can't be 31.5 lol) your Pokemon can be 32.5.
Your Pokemon can always be 1.5 level higher than you (until Level 38 or 39 or so since 40 is the maximum).
I usually don't level anything above 30. Maybe If I got all leveled up to 30 I will start doing that.

Koffing have never been rare here, but jeez, I've seen 4 Koffing and 2 Weezing spawn in my house today (and I've been at work the majority of the day too).

Firemind

Woah. The new battle animations look way slicker now. Hyper Beam actually tracks! Thunder makes Jolteon look like he's going super saiyan!

I'm guessing you don't live near water.

GulAtiCa

Yep, water sources really help. Dratinis are a rare spawn from water spawns, hence why I have 2 Dragonites (well, basically 3 now) but 8 Gyarados (technically 2 were caught). I've been lucky in regards to that. My work has 4 water spawns (I have to go outside though, so I don't when it's too cold). There's a shopping center that's a giant water source (even if it has no water...) and my running trail, part of it is big in water (sadly it's the part with little pokestops)

HardRojo

Is there a site where you can use your credentials so it pulls the info and IVs from all of your Pokémon, or are they not doing that anymore? I barely remember the names of the sites from back then.

Top Bottom