• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

If you're Level 31 (cause you yourself can't be 31.5 lol) your Pokemon can be 32.5.
Your Pokemon can always be 1.5 level higher than you (until Level 38 or 39 or so since 40 is the maximum).
I usually don't level anything above 30. Maybe If I got all leveled up to 30 I will start doing that.

Ah OK, cool. Technically I am level 31.5, as I'm halfway to level 32.

I am also having trouble hatching a Togepi. I hear there's a 0.5% chance of getting one from an egg, so one in every 200 :(

Hatched a ton of Tangelas this week, so decided I'd power up my strongest one to hopefully use as a good attacker.

Aaargh, now there's a fucking Snorlax spawned in the cemetery near my house that shuts at 5pm. Last week it was a Lapras in there at night.

Nothing good ever spawns around here, except in that cemetery, while it's closed.

Is there any way to get the Pokestops/spawn points removed and placed somewhere accessible? It's driving me crazy!

JavyOO7

I got 9 eggs to hatch, just haven't had time to play due to work and school. Sucks. Though when my exam finishes Wednesday I'll finally go to the national park I wanted to go to this weekend to see how neat it is and play Pokemon Go over there. =p

I guess I got lucky with my Togepi...

However, I do want another one because I want a living dex on this game. Besides having both Togepi and Togetic, it will make the evolution faster.

It's ridiculous that Togepi Candy drops after 5km! I've walked it 33km so far, and I'm still far away.

HardRojo

So no sites that pull your data and immediately show IVs and everything from your Pokémon? :( I need to make some room now that I'm playing again.

Ah OK, cool. Technically I am level 31.5, as I'm halfway to level 32.

I am also having trouble hatching a Togepi. I hear there's a 0.5% chance of getting one from an egg, so one in every 200 :(

Hatched a ton of Tangelas this week, so decided I'd power up my strongest one to hopefully use as a good attacker.

Where did you hear that?
I think the chance of hatching one is the same for every Pokemon. So if I'm not wrong there are 42 Pokemon that can be hatched from 5km eggs which should make the chance of hatching a Togepi around 2.4%

-MB-

The latest 0.55 update bugging out here on a Lenovo P2. Almost everytime I try to enter the trainer menu it freezes then crashes the game. Kind of annoying.

Firemind

Where did you hear that?
I think the chance of hatching one is the same for every Pokemon. So if I'm not wrong there are 42 Pokemon that can be hatched from 5km eggs which should make the chance of hatching a Togepi around 2.4%
That is definitely not correct. Some Pokemon are rarer than others. Chansey for example is the rarest of the 10km egg group last time I checked.

Where did you hear that?

I think I read it somewhere in this thread, either that or Reddit.
I have no idea if there's any truth to it.
I thought that hatch rates were meant to be equal but from my experience and many other's it seems they're not.
In over 500 eggs hatched I still haven't hatched a Chansey or Togepi (and I've probably hatched 50 5k eggs since he arrived) and yet I've hatched TONS of Meowths, Goldeens, Paras etc.

Dewgong get. Of the obtainable Pokémon in the original 151 I still need Grimer, Muk, Aerodactyl, Dragonair, and Dragonite. Of the baby batch I still need Cleffa and Togetic. I have enough candy for both Dragonair and Togetic however, I just need a Dratini and Togepi I actually want to evolve.

Which all basically means I've hit the wall. I've captured every Pokémon that is obtainable through nests. I haven't seen a Grimer since the third day the game was out in the US, last summer, and never actually found it. I haven't seen a Dratini since before their nests were nixed. Never seen an Aerodactyl at all. Cleffa and Togepi are only in eggs. So basically literally all I can do now is walk to grind out Dratini candy and hatch shit-tons of eggs... Ugh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I spent 2 weeks in Japan, travelling about. and of course one of my goals was to catch a Farfetch'd. I even bought a Pokemon Go Plus for the trip.

low and behold my google account decided to have an absolute shitattack in Japan.. I was able to log in maybe a dozen times.. and even when I did the track would never update unless I logged out and back in.. and that was risky..

I ended up seeing ONE Farfetch'd.. after I sunk to a new low and made a pokemon account to log in via that... So now i have a 2nd account with a Farfetch'd :(

and of course, back home in Australia I see 25 Kangashkhan a day. I found a bloody cluster of 3 yesterday just sitting near my work.

god damn Japan

Joni

Up to 190 Ultra Balls, 95 Great Balls. I'm ready if they ever release interesting Pokémon again.
Do a Combat Pollution event! Bring Grimer and Muk in heaps.

Up to 190 Ultra Balls, 95 Great Balls. I'm ready if they ever release interesting Pokémon again.
Do a Combat Pollution event! Bring Grimer and Muk in heaps.

They desperately need to do something with Grimer/Muk. Their rarity is absolutely inexplicable. I said it before, but the only thing I can think of is that Niantic dropped their spawn numbers through the floor back when they were crashing certain Android devices and never gave enough shits to raise the numbers back up. Still not a good reason, but I can't think of why else something as fundamentally uninteresting as Grimer/Muk would be so rare worldwide, or why it would be the only non-Dratini/Togepi evolutionary family to not have nests.

It's bad enough that I'll probably never get an Aerodactyl and won't get a Dragonite for another several months of walking without being taunted by fucking Grimer.

Firemind

Someone is either trolling instinct gyms with throwaway bot accounts or he's gps spoofing to farm potions nonstop. About 10 lvl. 10 instinct gyms are gone in the span of a single day. :lol

I was around and either he leaves it white or at lvl. 1. Glad he got his life priorities straight. I'm guessing it's mystink.

They desperately need to do something with Grimer/Muk. Their rarity is absolutely inexplicable. I said it before, but the only thing I can think of is that Niantic dropped their spawn numbers through the floor back when they were crashing certain Android devices and never gave enough shits to raise the numbers back up. Still not a good reason, but I can't think of why else something as fundamentally uninteresting as Grimer/Muk would be so rare worldwide, or why it would be the only non-Dratini/Togepi evolutionary family to not have nests.

It's bad enough that I'll probably never get an Aerodactyl and won't get a Dragonite for another several months of walking without being taunted by fucking Grimer.

your avatar made me laugh

Replicant

Please don't forget to increase Koffings appearance too!

Someone is either trolling instinct gyms with throwaway bot accounts or he's gps spoofing to farm potions nonstop. About 10 lvl. 10 instinct gyms are gone in the span of a single day. :lol

I was around and either he leaves it white or at lvl. 1. Glad he got his life priorities straight. I'm guessing it's mystink.

God, I really hate them. They've been taking our gyms too here. It'd be fine if they do it legitly by going on their own but noooo, they spoof like the scums that they are. >:[

Please don't forget to increase Koffings appearance too!

God, I really hate them. They've been taking our gyms too here. It'd be fine if they do it legitly by going on their own but noooo, they spoof like the scums that they are. >:[

Koffing is ok for me. See them quite often. But yeah, Grimer is a mess. I feel bad I used my candy to evolve such a shitty grimer.

Oxx

I know some of the older events continued into January, but it is still impressively pathetic that they did nothing at all last month.

At least I have an Omanyte nest around here now.

I found a wild Muk about a week ago. That was super weird. Still need Grimer and from what I'm seeing they're super rare for no reason? Nice.

Hatched like my 20th Ponyta. I was thinking with Gen 2 being released, there's going to be a smaller pool of being able to get what you want from and egg. They could easily remedy this by either making unique pattern eggs, or different eggs for each gen (ie, the green, orange and purple for Gen 1 and maybe Yellow, silver and blue for gen 2?)

Speaking of Gen 2, PokeBeach pointed out that TCG boxes for Scizor and Kingdra are coming out in March/April along with new pin blisters for the Beasts. TPCi did this with the Gen 1 Pokemon (and the Birds) when Go came out to capitalize on the whole thing, so it certainly wouldn't be crazy to think that maybe the Gen 2 update is coming around that time.

March/April is a good time I think too since more people will probably start to get out as it warms up outside a bit for the Spring.

Growlie19

Latest client update crashes whenever I tap to view the trainer info. :/

Same here, but I can occasionally get through if I reset the app and immediately tap my trainer when the game boots back up. It can still freeze, but it does work sometimes.

Anyways, I'll be hitting level 30 today with a Lucky Egg session, which will also get me my first Venusaur! For whatever reason, it was the only starter I didn't get during the event. (I had a Charmander nest nearby and Squirtle are much less rare normally, so their evolutions were easy to get.) Now I'm walking with Machoke for my first Machamp. 12 candies to go.

Just wasted about 20 pokeballs, 7 super balls, 13 ultra balls and maybe 6 berries on a 220cp rattatat until it fled. How is this even possible? I think my chances of winning the lottery are higher than not catching that fucker.

Teppic

Just wasted about 20 pokeballs, 7 super balls, 13 ultra balls and maybe 6 berries on a 220cp rattatat until it fled. How is this even possible? I think my chances of winning the lottery are higher than not catching that fucker.
I was just about to ask what people's worst catch fails were, but this might be the winner. Did you travel by car or such when you attempted this? Great throws or excellent throws?

I just threw a great ball with excellent throw at a 201 CP Pidgey that jumped out. Another one were a 1088 CP Snorlax that jumped out of a berry + ultra ball + excellent throw. For the Snorlax I was level 27, level 28 for the Pidgey.

GulAtiCa

I got to ask.... Why were you trying so hard on a Rattatat of all Pokemon?

Anyways... My best guess it was likely a Ditto. Those have a low catch rate (at least feels like it). Really bad luck there.

Oxx

The Go Plus is about as much effort as I would expend on a Rattata.

One button press, one pokeball. In or out.

Juni_

Did they add new gyms? Because I'm fairly certain one of the pokestops at the park near my house became a gym. And also a new pokestop is there.

I'm convinced that I get a lower catch rate with Excellent throws than I do with Great throws. Every time I get an excellent throw they escape.

Teppic

My last two 10km eggs were Onix. Worst 10 eggs I've got. Got an 15/11/14 Eevee from a 5km egg on the other hand which evolved into a Vaporeon with Water gun and hydro pump. Replaces my main Vaporeon attacker.

I'm convinced that I get a lower catch rate with Excellent throws than I do with Great throws. Every time I get an excellent throw they escape.
I'm getting higher catch rate for sure. If I get excellent I usually catch it.

Joni

Anyways... My best guess it was likely a Ditto. Those have a low catch rate (at least feels like it). Really bad luck there.

They don't. I usually find that a Ditto is easier to catch than a similar level Pidgey.

I'm 100% convinced this is true.

At moments like that, just leave the fight and come back. That usually resolves the problem if you find a too hard to catch normal Pokémon.

Top Bottom