• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

At least my 5k egg hatches have been relatively interesting recently.

Porygon, Exeggcute, and Doduo.

(None of them with worthwhile IVs).

New event - and it's time for more Candy!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/valentines2017
Trainers,

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we couldn't think of a sweeter time to double the amount of Candy you'll earn every time you catch, hatch, and transfer Pokémon. Your Buddy Pokémon is also getting into the Valentine's Day spirit and will find Candy twice as fast!

Throughout the celebration, you'll notice that Chansey, Clefable, and many other adorable pink Pokémon will be encountered more frequently in the wild. Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Smoochum will also be more likely to hatch from Eggs. And to help you paint your town pink this Valentine's Day, Lure Modules will last for six hours for the entire duration of the event.

This limited-time celebration will only be available from 11:00 A.M. PST on February 8, 2017, to 11:00 A.M. PST on February 15, 2017, so grab your valentine, get out, and explore the world around you!

I'm very happy with this because of the chance of a Chansey alone, to be honest.

jnWake

Nice, I had saved several transfers in hope for a double candy event.

So, it starts in a few hours right? Timezones always get the best of me lol.

GulAtiCa

Sweet! My 8 10k eggs are ready. And my 61 Dratinis are ready to transfer. That means I'll go from 2 Dragonites to 4. lol. Maybe 5 if I hatch a Dratini or 2. lol

GulAtiCa

Sounds like a veeeery mediocre event, to be honest. There's a large overlap with the last one we had too.

2x candy from buddy and pokemon never mediocre. Esp the chance to find Chanseys.

My 61 Dratinis and I have been waiting for this event for a while now

ZeroCDR

Nice, especially since I haven't seen or hatched a single Chansey since launch.

Glad I stocked up on incubators with that holiday box, hopefully I get some good stuff..

CassSept

I just finished walking with Chansey as buddy for 150km to get candies for Blissey....

Oh well. At least there's double candy, that's always something. Just wish it could have been quadruple for buddies, that would help me with getting Togetic much faster.

tauke

I. Need. Chansey.

Ok luckily tomorrow is a public holiday over here so I can spend a few hours of walking all my useless 5km eggs in hope for a wild Chansey!

...maybe Niantic will decide to populate my area with Jigglypuffs...

Dynasty

I need a Chansey so for that alone it is worth it. Double candy is also going to be awesome, I have like 4 10k eggs.

On some negative news I finally evolved my Magikarp after walking around 150km, ended up with Bite and Twister moveset. Atleast Im on 140 caught now.

Also the Gym system needs some major rework, leaving GPS spoofers and cheaters to one side, I always see the same pokemon in the gyms, Vaporeon, Dragonite, Snorlax, Gyarados and Rhydon. I think they can solve this by limiting each gym to contain only 1 or 2 max of each pokemon. Also the damage bonus/reduction from effective/non-effective attacks need reworking to make other pokemon more effective.

Aww, only 2x for buddies, not 4x again? :(

Still, nice though. Cleffa is one of the last few Pokémon I need, so hopefully I can get one out of this. And extra buddy candy will get me ever closer to enough candy for a Dragonite... I still need 438.3 more kilometers as is, so I'm gonna try to milk this as much as possible. 219.15 is still a shit ton though...

Now I just need an Aerodactyl or Grimer event. ... whatever those would be.

And I guess this means no gen 2 with the nest swap tonight. :(

I'll always take more Chansey, but just last month I caught 3 in one week, I have more than enough candy for a Blissey evolution (assuming it uses candy) and I have a 100% Chansey. :p

Growlie19

Liking the event! Finally get a chance for a Chansey, and the double candy will be nice!

But anyways, today has been interesting so far. While checking the event's details, I decide to boot the game up to get my hourly house spawn (just a Drowzee). For kicks, I check my nearby, and I spot a shadow: a Dragonite! Despite being out of shape, I quickly put on my shoes and coat and full-on sprint out of the house. Naturally, I tucker out halfway there, but I soldier on, alternating between speed-walking and jogging the rest of the way. I get there and am greeted by a 1764CP behemoth. After a few missed throws, an Ultra ball lands and catches it! Poor IVs with Dragon Breath/Hyper Beam, but I'm too happy to care. On the way back, I find the last Abra I need for Alakazam! It ends up with Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball, bleh. And for the grand finale, an Electabuzz shows up behind my house. And the event hasn't even started yet, so I might still be able to get Chansey today! So two new dex entries, with a potential third on the way! Whew.

Laieon

Live in Korea, we just got the game a couple weeks ago. I played a bit in Sokcho (the only place it worked in Korea) and Japan before I read that you should save stardust, but I've been saving it since level 13 or 14.

When is it okay to start using it? Just hit 20 and it feels like leveling it taking a lot longer than it used to.

So we should likely see more
Clefairy
Clefable
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Exeggcute
Lickitung
Chansey

And perhaps Ditto and Porygon? I wonder about Paras/sect since their mushrooms are kinda pinkish. I was figuring they should have had the Nidos appear more too. Mr. Mime is pretty pink so I wonder if it'll appear more for our UK friends.

Joni

Live in Korea, we just got the game a couple weeks ago. I played a bit in Sokcho (the only place it worked in Korea) and Japan before I read that you should save stardust, but I've been saving it since level 13 or 14.

When is it okay to start using it? Just hit 20 and it feels like leveling it taking a lot longer than it used to.

Podge293

So we should likely see more
Clefairy
Clefable
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Exeggcute
Lickitung
Chanseyp

And perhaps Ditto and Porygon? I wonder about Paras/sect since their mushrooms are kinda pinkish. I was figuring they should have had the Nidos appear more too. Mr. Mime is pretty pink so I wonder if it'll appear more for our UK friends.

No more mr mimes. So many damn mimes.

I need the licker, the chanser and a few of the babies. Here's hoping

Joni

Mr mime is so common I don't even try to catch one unless it is under 100 Cp or above 1100.
I still don't get double candy.

Kind of bummed it's so short, but Thursday and Tuesday are my PoGo days so I'm hoping to get lucky and get enough candies to get that Togitect.

My friends have been walking dratini for months now though.

GulAtiCa

Mission Accomplished!

C4KoidhWcAA5OEe.jpg:large

I gained 122 Dratini candies from that (so 61 were being held since Halloween event). I now have 287 Dratini candies total. So, after my 10k hatches, I'll have 2 more Dragonites!

Thank god I don't need to worry about space for a long while now.

Joni

Time for a mass evolve tomorrow and then quickly catch more pidgey.
Every two Pidgey amount to one evolve at that point.

GulAtiCa

My pokemon box was actually 400. So every so often I'd have to increase it and constantly manage it.

I really only keep Pokemon I need. I also don't really try to catch pidgey's much anymore. Esp since I'm lv 31 and I had limited space.

But, since I have so much space open now, might start doing some lucky eggs every so often again.

Top Bottom