• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I got to ask.... Why were you trying so hard on a Rattatat of all Pokemon?

Anyways... My best guess it was likely a Ditto. Those have a low catch rate (at least feels like it). Really bad luck there.

It was in my home so it's not like I could move away and it was just sitting there staring at me. Then after some fails I just got angry and the anger kept me pushing. Also after a few balls I was also certain it's a ditto so I kept going. But it was mostly anger that motivated me.

Podge293

Had a good morning. Got my final candy for kabuto to evolve, cracked an egg for my growlithe to evolve, got another level and found magby in another egg.

Good morning

GulAtiCa

The Nearby system really paid off for me today! This little guy popped up while trying to tackle a gym:

C3quj52XUAAOmA8.jpg:large

I haven't caught, hatched or even seen a Snorlax since October! Literally I caught my last Snorlax hours before the then-changed rules preventing Pokemon from being seen when going over a certain speed.

I dropped my current plan and ran to it! It was on a walking trail and it's position was essentially over a mile away. 45 degrees outside and I ran! Luckily I had my winter coat in my car (I had shorts on lol). Prob ran 2/3rd of the way there. Took me likely 15 minutes I bet. In flip flops no less. It disappeared several times (since had to go kinda opposite way at 1st). Got scared. Then at the very last leg of it I got the "it fled" message. I know then it's likely going to despawn soon. I ran that last bit. And....

Found it! Took me several ultra balls but finally...

Caught it! Great moveset. Ehh Ivs though. Literally 50%. The Defense is a 1. lol
But so happy I caught it. Esp after months of not seeing one. So far I've hatched 1 and now caught 4. 3 have elluded me too. 1 Literally despawned a second before I got it.

Joni

When you pass a wild Blastoise and are wondering if you should bother catching it... In the end, I sacrificed four great balls to pick it up.

GulAtiCa

There was a Venasour nearby on my way to work last week. I didn't really need it, so I didn't even try going after it. Though, if it was where I was, Id' likely get it.

CassSept

Finally gotten Hitmonlee, so yay. There's that. Finished Kanto regional dex. After missing only Hitmonlee for a month. And Hitmonlee and Dragonite for the month before that.

The end-game is so stupid. But now, I only have hatching to do and farming Togepi candies. Still need Magby, Cleffa and Igglybuff too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally got me a Go Plus. Playing with the screen off and the more consistent distance tracking is a whole new ballgame for someone who plays like I do. sweeeeet

Awayze

Neo Member
Been playing a bit in the last few days, in the freezing weather and the best thing I've caught is a Pinsir and a Kabuto.

There are supposedly some nests around uni but not sure how people have time to play it properly in between work and uni. They really need to adjust the spawns for players in harsh climates as city center was dead with not even one player or lure, gyms aren't been taken down etc.

Took a long walk down the river today and caught 8 Rhyhorn, 2 Dratini, and hundreds of Magikarp, Polliwags, Bellsprouts and Eevees. And I'm now holding 7 gyms, the most I've ever had. So pretty good day!

GulAtiCa

I'm going to walk 4.5km more to make it an even 50km on my Dragonair and then switch to Snorlax. Do 50km on him and then switch to my Lapras.

I now have 151 Dratini candies, though I going to wait till I hatch all my 10k eggs first, since I'll still need extra candy to level up to lv 32.5. I also now have 57 Dratinis/Dragonairs ready to transfer for the next 2k candy event. Will make for an instant new Dragonite for my 70%ish Draganair.

Awayze

Neo Member
Did my first ever mass Pidgey evolution, 65000XP only with 4 mins left of lucky egg, ran out of Pidgey's except one which is my OG Pidgey from day 1.

Makeda

Has anyone encountered a problem with their game crashing when trying tapping on your avatar?
At the moment it's impossible for me to set a new buddy because of this glitch.

FYR im on android and the bug only occured after the last update

Collected 70 coins today, new personal best. So hard to keep hold of gyms in London, they usually get taken over every few hours.

Also got my 8th 10K egg. One more to go. Though I realised that once I have 9 ideally I'd want to wait for an extra candy/XP event to hatch them, but then I wouldn't be able to hatch anything else while holding a full sack of 9.

Really hoping for a Valentine's event just in time for my batch hatch!

Oh man... can anyone with the Apple Watch go app help me out here?

WHY does my workout always end or restart randomly. At best it's active for 5-15 minutes during a walk and just stops for whatever reason.

Is the app counting every step even if it's not active?

Do I even need to have a workout active to count steps?

The way this watch app functions is so damn confusing.

Growlie19

Went on a walk to hatch some 5Ks and encountered a wild Snorlax! Bad IVs, but 1456CP and Lick/Hyper Beam. I also found a Tangela, but at 93 CP. The eggs were pretty bad: Nidoran-M, Paras, Meowth, and two Diglett. Guess my wild catches took all the luck from the hatches....

JavyOO7

Caught a Dratini today and still am on the road to at least one Dragonite... 16 more candies so that means 4 minimum. Dammit...

-MB-

Basically pointless to go for gyms here anymore, filled with cheater after cheater. And a gym won't stay for more then 1-2 hours tops now. And seemingly almost everyone from team Instinct here quit.

Replicant

Basically pointless to go for gyms here anymore, filled with cheater after cheater. And a gym won't stay for more then 1-2 hours tops now. And seemingly almost everyone from team Instinct here quit.

I can understand why. The game is dying a slow death for many Instinct players. It's getting tiring dealing with cheaters who spoof while you have to go from places to places on foot.

GulAtiCa

Got my 8th 10k egg on Saturday! Just need 1 more 10k egg and I can do another 9 hatchathon. Also left my Gyarados in a gym where I went Roller Skating with friends. Still there, even. Hopefully it lasts a little while, since it's an hour away.

For gyms, my area is still pretty active. I'm team Mystic, so I do benefit the most. But, I've seen a resurgence in Instinct players actually.

I randomly caught a Dratini in my neighborhood this morning. That was unexpected, but nice.

Got my 8th 10k egg on Saturday! Just need 1 more 10k egg and I can do another 9 hatchathon.

Me too! Are you going to incubate them all as soon as you get your 9th?

I'm tempted to wait until there's an event with double candy or XP but then any walking I do while waiting is 'wasted' (I know it still goes towards my buddy but still).

GulAtiCa

Me too! Are you going to incubate them all as soon as you get your 9th?

I'm tempted to wait until there's an event with double candy or XP but then any walking I do while waiting is 'wasted' (I know it still goes towards my buddy but still).

Yes and no. I do want to wait, but my limit is Feb 13th. So if I get a 9th before next Mondya, I'll wait till Feb 13th just incase their is a 2x double candy / stardust event. Else afterwards I'll hatch right away, since I don't know when the next event might be and wouldn't take that long to get a bunch of eggs.

I did the same thing back in early December. I ended up not hatching an egg for about 2 to 3 weeks cause I wanted to wait and see.

Thinking about it, holding onto 6 eggs doesnb't hurt me any bit, but once I had my 7th, my egg hatching activity starts to take a hit. Since I try to hatch 3 at a time most of the time. Luckily this time, I'm only delayed by a week.

I remember obsessing about hitting Level 30 by January, and it's now February and I'm only halfway there.

A little over 135 caught and around 140 seen. I hate the amount of walking I have left for some of these Pokémon.

If not for the social and exercise aspects of this game, I would've dropped it a long time ago. If I could convince my friends to spend $20 a month on a gym membership and work out with them, it would get rid of both of those benefits.

But as it stands, I'm having trouble seeing why I'd keep playing the game up until the 1 year anniversary.

I need to take photos of the next time we're at the park and compare it to the ones I took opening week.

Undefined

I have 6 10k eggs right now. And I would hatch them as soon as I get 9 of them.

I dont think we will be having any event of that sort soon. And even if there is an event i doubt it will be XP or candy, because they already did that and its too soon for them to repeat that.

I only ever try to hatch 10k eggs in batches of 9, as I use lucky egg and mass evolve at the same time.
I think the last time I hatched a 10k egg not in a batch of 9 was before gen 2 baby pokemon were released. Probably during the double stardust/XP event.

There's no benefit other than doubling your XP if you use a Lucky Egg before they hatch though right?
I mean the contents of the eggs are defined when you get them so the hatches won't change by a big batch hatch will they?

GulAtiCa

There's no benefit other than doubling your XP if you use a Lucky Egg before they hatch though right?
I mean the contents of the eggs are defined when you get them so the hatches won't change by a big batch hatch will they?

Not exactly. While the Pokemon itself and it's attributes are determined on obtaining. Stuff like Stardust, exp, candy can still be increased via a event. Like the 2x stardust & 2x candy events had double the candy/stardust/etc you would'v gotten normally. So double XP of course, but also double Stardust & Candy can be achieved.

border

Funny to think that 2 months ago, everyone was certain that we were about to have all the Generation 2 Pokemon dropped on us. 60 days later and we've got nothing more than the dumb baby pokemon.

Niantic is really content to just let this game die on the vine. After the quick succession of events in October/November/December, it seemed like they were really about to amp up their content pipeline.....instead it's been radio silence for weeks.

Funny to think that 2 months ago, everyone was certain that we were about to have all the Generation 2 Pokemon dropped on us. 60 days later and we've got nothing more than the dumb baby pokemon.

Niantic is really content to just let this game die on the vine. After the quick succession of events in October/November/December, it seemed like they were really about to amp up their content pipeline.....instead it's been radio silence for weeks.

I don't think Niantic is sitting in their offices cackling, "Yes, YESS let's keep drip feeding content to our starving, dying player base KEKEKEKEKEKE!". As has always been evident, the scope of this kind of game is far beyond their means at releasing content any faster. Beyond that, the logistical numbers and bottleneck of worldwide balancing and distribution has a hold on them I'm sure. If they had all 150+ gen two Pokemon sitting around ready to go, I'm sure they would have released them by now. Hell, they could release 1 gen two Pokemon a week and be good for three years straight, and they aren't able to do even that.

I do agree there should be an event a week, however small it is. Waiting on holidays seems needlessly stagnating.

I don't think Niantic is sitting in their offices cackling, "Yes, YESS let's keep drip feeding content to our starving, dying player base KEKEKEKEKEKE!". As has always been evident, the scope of this kind of game is far beyond their means at releasing content any faster. Beyond that, the logistical numbers and bottleneck of worldwide balancing and distribution has a hold on them I'm sure. If they had all 150+ gen two Pokemon sitting around ready to go, I'm sure they would have released them by now. Hell, they could release 1 gen two Pokemon a week and be good for three years straight, and they aren't able to do even that.

I do agree there should be an event a week, however small it is. Waiting on holidays seems needlessly stagnating.
There's only 100 gen 2 Pokémon, 8 of which have been released already, and another 6 that are Lendendaries, so the total would only be 86, not 150+.

But either way, I genuinely don't think this is purely a logistics issue. I think they decided on a date already and didn't realize at the time that whatever date it finally ends up being, it was too late for a lot of the fanbase, but they can't just rework the timeline now. So I guess, a sort-of logistical issue caused by poor planning.

border

I'm not saying they should have released all of Generation 2, just that there is an astoundingly wide chasm between what people wanted and what they've delivered. The December event was pretty underwhelming as compared to November/October. January brought absolutely nothing. It feels as though they're backsliding in terms of updates and events.

Niantic's inability to commit to or communicate any kind of roadmap for the game is pretty astounding. Pokemon Go has made a billion dollars. I have no idea what the holdup is. My only guess is that it might be somehow technology related......like the engine they have just can't handle additional models and data, or that they don't want to exceed a certain RAM memory footprint. Even then, it's inexcusable that they don't have events more often. At least once a month, there should be a period where a certain type is more likely to spawn.....and another weekend where there's double XP, candy, or decreased egg/buddy walking distances.

Growlie19

Hatched 4 10K eggs today, and nothing too big. The best one was a Kabuto, bringing me 11 away from my first Kabutops. The other three were Pinsir and two Magby. Could be worse, I guess.

Hatched another double batch of 10km eggs, and got my first egg Dratini! It only took close to 40 purple eggs. Evolved it into a Dragonite, and finally registered Dragonite once and for all.

I am OK with the moveset because Dragon Breath is excellent. Hyper Beam is good, but slightly disappointing to have with all the Rhydons defending gyms here. I won't be seeing another member of the Dratini family anytime soon, so I'll put Stardust into it.

I only need to register Igglybuff, Smoochum, and Elekid at this point. I hope I can stop hatching Onix, because I've been getting too many of them recently.

I'm hoping for a high CP Lapras some day.

PSFan

Hatched a Smoochum out of a 10k egg yesterday. I now have all the 10k egg babies and the only thing left from 10k eggs that I need is Hitmonchan. I don't have any 2k egg or 5k egg babies yet though.

Oxx

I'll just play Fire Emblem Heroes until Pokemon Go does something.

Even if there's less 'content' there, they've at least made the effort to obfuscate the structure, drown you with stats/currencies, and have regularity of events.

Came quickly here to update my situation.

Niantic banned my account for apparently no reason and has refused to both tell me what part of the TOS I broke and also to reimburse me from my purchases.

So, just my 2 cents: never use any apps that require you to log in, and never need anything that ever needs support at all.

That is all.

Which apps did you use?
Blossoms Pokemon Go Manager. It allows to to mass rename, mass transfer, mass evolve, etc.

You can place timers on all operations so you never actually exceed the time a normal person would realistically do whatever you're doing on the game itself, except that, you know, you're not an hour in-game doing all this manually.

GulAtiCa

Ah yeah.. I can see that getting you and others banned real easy. Esp the Mass evolution part. People doing the double phone mass evolution trick (using 2 phones at once to do mass evolution), was getting people in trouble too.

Ah yeah.. I can see that getting you and others banned real easy. Esp the Mass evolution part. People doing the double phone mass evolution trick (using 2 phones at once to do mass evolution), was getting people in trouble too.
The difference is that I never evolved more than others. I kept it at 60-70 pokemon, which is doable easily on a cellphone.

Top Bottom