• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

So when do you guys think the Trading, PvP and new Gym update will hit and do you think it will be all at once or over time?

My guess (hope) is the recent move re-balancing and having a meh event for the later half of February, means they're prepping for a major gym/battle update is coming in March.

Qwark

It'd also be nice if you could somehow benefit from friendly gyms. As it is now, many are often at capacity or take ages to grind a new spot on (only to get it stolen half the time) so I actively ignore friendly gyms now as they have no real function to me. I feel like something is wrong when I'm only happy to see enemy gyms :p

I'm in the same boat. I am very happy when somebody breaks up the monopoly that my team has so I can fight back and at least get a spot. Right now, gyms are pretty active, so I'm happy, but it's going to suck when they settle down with 9 Blissy's.

Now at 63 of the gen 2 pokemon. My little podunk town has been oddly good to me, along with walking till my feet are mostly dead hatching eggs.

Problem is, I am always out of room in my bags. They need to up the maximum to 2000 I think.

Blizzard

Banned
I was able to login again for a brief hour or two. Swiped a pokestop, but that didn't give me any daily streak bonus count. Was that removed?

One login attempt I got the light blue screen freeze and the Christmas splash screen (WUT). Then later it went back to the normal New Year's screen with a freeze.

I have friends in the same local area with AT&T and Cricket. Their games work perfectly. I need to find someone in town with T-Mobile, I guess. :( I've tried force stopping, restarting the phone, reinstalling the application repeatedly, deleting data, and deleting cache. Nothing works. I've confirmed background data is enabled, though Pokemon GO itself doesn't ever use background data.

No one replies in this thread either so I can only conclude this problem is limited to me and a few random people posting on reddit etc.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally was able to get my pogo+ working this weekend. Caught and hatched tons of awesome stuff.

Now at 63 of the gen 2 pokemon. My little podunk town has been oddly good to me, along with walking till my feet are mostly dead hatching eggs.

Problem is, I am always out of room in my bags. They need to up the maximum to 2000 I think.
Yeah the bag size definitely needs to increase, especially with all the new berries and such.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally created a Pokemon Club account and was able to login with a new character.

I then switched back to a Google login for my main character and that worked. Time to see if it dies again!

Growlie19

And Slugma from a 2K makes 47! I'm flooded with 2K's again, though. Oh, and I found another Chikorita! Despite Squirtle's relative commonality, I've yet to see a Totodile around....

ZeroCDR

I got trolled pretty good, thought a Larvitar silhouette was on my nearby, turned out to be a poor IV Croconaw after 10 minutes of searching.

:(

Decent day. Caught Ariados, Qwilfish, Ledyba, Stantler, and Larvitar, adding them all to my Dex. The Larvitar was in my neighborhood, so that was cool. Also caught a Snorlax, a Chansey, a few Cyndaquil, and a second Chikorita, and someone added a Kangaskhan to gym nearby, so now I only need to "see" Farfetch'd and I'll have seen everything in the Kanto Dex.

Total Johto caught is at 48.

Pachimari

I've only caught 21 Johto Pokemon so far. So many of the same ones are roaming in the wild. There's not that big of variety and I live in the capital. The ones I like the most so far are Hoppip, Marill and Skarmory.

What are the region-exclusive Gen II Pokemon again and to what region?

Decent day today, went to the waterfront with my friend.

Caught my first Shuckle, which maxes out at like 200 CP lol. Also found a Magcargo and got enough candy for Granbull. Then got a King's Rock which net me a Slowking.

Also, water gun/water pulse is a good Vape moveset now isn't it? Just realised my 80%+ with perfect attack has that, never bothered powering it up because it used to be really bad. Might pump it full of stardust (it's only CP 1700 now).

Also my friend had seven 10km eggs on the go at once which is insane. Two hatched today which were Mareep (first either of us have seen) and a Gligar which are plentiful.

What are the region-exclusive Gen II Pokemon again and to what region?

Heracross in central and south america, Corsola 30 degrees latitude north and south of the equator.

So like... Does Shuckle have a purpose in Go? lol

In the main games it at least as the berry juice mechanic and that ridiculous method to create the launch powerful attack physically possible. Does it's absurd defense at least come into play here, or no?

K that Vaporeon maxed out at 2694 (trainer level 29). 5th strongest behind Dragonite, Rhydon and 2 Gyarados.

Stardust went from 180k to 100k. RIP

Firemind

Also, water gun/water pulse is a good Vape moveset now isn't it?
All Vaporeon move combinations are good. The funny thing is Jolteon and Flareon gained respectively Volt Switch and Fire Spin as quick moves, while Vaporeon still has Water Gun as its only quick move. Vaporeon really is a Pokemon for newbs.

HiResDes

Spent too much of my time getting timer scammed with multiple blisseys as the bottom making it really hard and infuriating to train

Oxx

Is Skarmory supposed to be some kind of rare, heavy-hitter? I just caught a cp27 one first thing this morning.

Good for the pokedex at least.

teeny

Now that the weather doesn't destroy my hands, I've been getting back into my gym run pre-work in the morning. Can usually hit 4/5 and claim the dust and coins before they get taken again. I need to find some more remote ones to take it up a notch.

The gym scene is actually pretty diverse locally for me. You get your usual suspects in the top spot, but they aren't that hard to counter and you do get some surprises in the middle spots.

I wish Niantic would implement boxes and filters/search functionality. I currently have my defenders nicknamed with a circle at the end and my attackers with a plus, all marked as favourites. But as the list grows bigger, they get more muddled. I'd love to have a box of defenders and one for attackers and then filters for type / region and so on. Additional boxes for evolution fodder and stuff like that would be good too.

They'll need to do it sooner or later as the amount of Pokemon introduced will become ridiculous to manage.

Podge293

Someone in my area last night went around and destroyed the previously established gym holders (instinct). They hadn't changed much in months from what I could tell.

They not only kicked them out but trained all the gyms aswell.

I gladly dumped 5 of mine in them (there's 5 gyms).

They Must have been at it for ages last night

Luxorek

fRihBrM.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit. Nice to see less 'trash' in 10km, but then again now we have Sudowoodo, Pineco and Mantine.

According to new defender ranking lists, Pineco/Foretress, Miltank and Skarmory are beastly in gyms, so those could actually be hatches that people would see as more valuable if Niantic finally decided to fix their CP/gym placement nonsense.

Steelix is super beastly apparently but his CP is low. CP as it's implemented now is such a terrible system.

Oxx

You mean where you get to pick the Pokemon? I would walk 50km for that.

Or just a Dratini, Chansey, Larvitar, Lapras, Snorlax tier.

(Not really sure if Ampharos or any of the other noobs will emerge as awesome big-guns like the gen 1 guys).

Oxx

I think Espeon is pretty good for attacking.

Nice.

I haven't really caught-up on what moves are worthwhile now.

A lot of the old Pokemon I have evolved with items/Espeon/Umbreon have been completely lost within my huge list of mons at this point.

Top Bottom