• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

What's pogo+?

pokemon_go_plus_product_image_with_strap-499-1000.png

Blizzard

Banned
I finally created a Pokemon Club account and was able to login with a new character.

I then switched back to a Google login for my main character and that worked. Time to see if it dies again!
This morning, it still worked! Then the white ball of death appeared. Wifi, cell data, didn't matter! Login never works. Then I tried logging into Pokemon Club, and THAT worked.

So then I was stuck in a state where I could repeatedly restart and login with Pokemon Club, but my Google account didn't work. I tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing my phone's Google account, force stopped the application, and now I can login with Google once again.

I have virtually no idea whether these actions are related or whether it's all completely random and I occasionally get lucky, but I'm documenting what I do for posterity.

8bit

Knows the Score
Got a Sun Stone today, so it doesn't seem to depend on 7 day bonus as I received a Metal Coat on the 7th day.

Looking through the Gen 1, I still don't have a Pinsir for some reason.

Chuckie

Got a Sun Stone today, so it doesn't seem to depend on 7 day bonus as I received a Metal Coat on the 7th day.

Looking through the Gen 1, I still don't have a Pinsir for some reason.

It is not dependent on the 7th day bonus, but there seems to be a significantly bigger chance of getting one on the 7th day. It is anecdotal but me and a friend both got an item on that spin.

HardRojo

So I bought a $5 pack of coins but it seems like the App store charged me 5 PEN instead of 5 USD (my account is in PEN, but it should do the conversion automatically), never got an email confirming the transaction.
Bought a $10 pack to test wth was going on and I haven't been charged yet but I received the coins, no email for this transaction either. WTF is going on? Gonna have to contact support.

So I bought a $5 pack of coins but it seems like the App store charged me 5 PEN instead of 5 USD (my account is in PEN, but it should do the conversion automatically), never got an email confirming the transaction.
Bought a $10 pack to test wth was going on and I haven't been charged yet but I received the coins, no email for this transaction either. WTF is going on? Gonna have to contact support.
Apple often delays small charges and groups them together. You should get the emails when they actually charge you.

q4roel

This morning, it still worked! Then the white ball of death appeared. Wifi, cell data, didn't matter! Login never works. Then I tried logging into Pokemon Club, and THAT worked.

So then I was stuck in a state where I could repeatedly restart and login with Pokemon Club, but my Google account didn't work. I tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing my phone's Google account, force stopped the application, and now I can login with Google once again.

I have virtually no idea whether these actions are related or whether it's all completely random and I occasionally get lucky, but I'm documenting what I do for posterity.

Sucks you can't login, haven't heard of this issue anywhere.

Blizzard

Banned
Sucks you can't login, haven't heard of this issue anywhere.
I'm only seeing 2-3 topics in the last few days on Reddit so it must be rare.

After this, the game froze on the map after an hour or two of turning it on occasionally. Then it said a network or server error I think, then it said it couldn't login.

Restart, it freezes.

Try pokemon club login instead, get an error about being unable to download game data.

Force close, try pokemon club login again, it works.

Force close, try Google login instead, freeze.

Try pokemon club instead, it works.

Force close, deauthorize and reauthorize Google account on my phone, Google login works again.

So in summary:
  • Even when it works, it seems to break again in 1-3 hours.
  • It MIGHT be some quirk of T-Mobile routing in my area but I don't know.
  • It MIGHT be Niantec's fault since this all started with the latest patch.
  • It doesn't matter whether I use wireless or wifi.
  • Pokemon club login always seems to work or give a download error. Unfortunately my main account with tons of time on it is Google instead.
  • Deauthorizing and reauthorizing my phone for Google login with a force app close has worked a couple of times and MIGHT work every time. This is obviously a huge hassle every time it breaks, though.

q4roel

After this, the game froze on the map after an hour or two of turning it on occasionally. Then it said a network or server error I think, then it said it couldn't login.

Restart, it freezes.

Try pokemon club login instead, get an error about being unable to download game data.

Force close, deauthorize and reauthorize Google account on my phone, Google login works again.

So in summary:
  • Pokemon club login always seems to work or give a download error. Unfortunately my main account with tons of time on it is Google instead.
  • Deauthorizing and reauthorizing my phone for Google login with a force app close has worked a couple of times and MIGHT work every time. This is obviously a huge hassle every time it breaks, though.

You could still try:

• logging in on someone else's phone
• using another phone with your own SIM
• buy a prepaid SIM from another carrier and try logging in via Wifi

That way you could eliminate the problem.

Awayze

Neo Member
7 day streak and spinning poke stops hundred times, no special evolve item, could be that I got a metal coat few days ago. To top of it off, I accidentally transferred my only Kadabra I ever got, the one I went out in the rain and night to get
Two Cyndaquil nests and a Totodile spawn point at a poke stop so nearly there to a Typhlosion but no Chikorita's seen since the first day of gen 2 release.

Oersted

TWO SUDOWOODOS IN A ROW

Also now I know for which Pokemon the Nanab berry is for

Skarmory

That fucker is on drugs

Joni

Got desperate that I got nothing new today so I evolved a weak Eevee to Espeon and just pumped some stardust in her.

Blizzard

Banned

Restart, it freezes.

So in summary:

I got the normal server freeze from the map, but now the pokemon club login no longer works AND the Google account login is frozen. I've never seen the pokemon club login break before.

I wonder if it's at all possible someone is cheating nearby and I'm getting hit by some sort of blanket ban? I have a non-rooted phone and have never used any sort of third-party apps.

*edit* For clarity, the pokemon club login now just says unable to authenticate, instantly.

Oxx

5 new ones today.

And I managed to clear out my pre-gen 2 eggs. Now I can bask in the awesomeness of fresh eggs!

Growlie19

Got a second King's Rock while grinding for items in a nearby park, so now I have a Politoed! This brings me to 47 Johto creatures. I also found a wild Crobat, and it's really big on the map. Only 100 CP, though.

Went on a huge hunt yesterday and picked up a few new ones, got a Kings Rock yesterday and a Dragon Scale thing today, did my first mass evolve since Gen 2 today and so am now up 49/70.
I have enough candy for Blissey, Espeon and Umbreon too but waiting for good ones to evolve.
So 52/70 really.
193/199 in the Pokedex.

So which of the new Pokemon are good aside from Blissey?
Is Kingdra decent? I evolved a high IV 1402CP one with Dragon Breath and Outrage.

Zero_IYAD

Hit 250 PokeStops since the release of gen II.
The only evo item I received was an Up-Grade on my 7th day streak.
This is becoming extremely bothersome : (

Awayze

Neo Member
Other than an Onix, my last 8 or so eggs have been truly garbage, garbage like Natu that wasn't even a wonder, 5 km for that and Staryu's, where's the babies, I have zero.

Found two of my teams gyms level 8 and 9 but I have no potions or revives for prestiging.

Gonna have to hit up some stops and come back tonight hoping they're untouched.

Pachimari

There's like almost no Gen II Pokemon out there and im in the capital of all places. But there's a lot of Sentret, Hoothoot and Swinubs. One of my first catches was Skarmory.

Caught a Larvitar and then hatched a Larvitar. Both have the best appraisal.

66 candy now, over halfway to Tyranitar.

E: Transferred my other two with worse IVs so 68 candy now.

GulAtiCa

There is a gym on my way to work a few days ago that was level 3 with a 2100 Blissey on bottom. So I boosted it up a bit, was a tough go to get past that Blissey. So.. I placed mine into it. lol. Only 1900 CP, so I'm now on bottom, but having 2 in the gym should scare off people hopefully.

I swung by yesterday and noticed it's now a level 6 gym. 2 people have apparently come by and boosted it up, going through 2 Blisseys.

I feel dirty. lol

My other 10km egg hatched into a Gligar, eh. Was my first one so not too upset, but my friend catches a few of them around his area so I was gonna walk around there until I got one.

Got two new 10kms today though so here's hoping for my Snorlax! :p

Only 1 stage gen 2 Pokemon I'm missing now (that are available to me) are Unown, Skarmory and Miltank.
Yet to see a Pineco or Mareep either, and still yet to hatch Togepi and Cleffa.

Yeah I'm pretty done with battling

Not only did they slow battles down but blissey HP is cheap af

Collecting has been cool atleast. New mons is refreshing

BTW I saw on ign there's a name eeevee trick for espeon umbreon anyone evolve using that method yet?

Edit oh just saw last page lol

Top Bottom