• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Holy shit, a wild Grimer. Caught it with a Pinap. Combined with my Valentines event hatch I'm at 48 candy across just two Grimer lol. Finally almost there.

Oxx

If it wasn't for the Chansey-hatch enabling me to get Blissey, today would have been a no new pokémon day.

if you're in NYC, central park is a chikorita nest!!! just got back from their and caught like 15-20 of them with the pinap berry within an hour!!!! hope it's still their when I go next week!!!

Qwark

Hatched a Tyrogue with Attack and Defense as the top stat.. I need Hitmonlee so I've still got a shot! I'm short one candy so I'll start walking with it after Grimer gets his next drop.

Have people confirmed how Tyrogue evolutions work? Is it a stat thing?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Have people confirmed how Tyrogue evolutions work? Is it a stat thing?

If Attack is the highest IV, Hitmonlee. If Defence is the highest IV, Hitmonchan. If HP is the highest IV, Hitmontop. If any are a tie, random between them.

Qwark

If Attack is the highest IV, Hitmonlee. If Defence is the highest IV, Hitmonchan. If HP is the highest IV, Hitmontop. If any are a tie, random between them.

Neat. Hitmonlee is the only one I already have so I hope I don't get an attack Tyrogue when I finally get one.

GulAtiCa

Found a wild CP2573 Snorlax, but it showed up as "CP ???". Haven't seen those question marks in a while.

I haven't seen a CP ??? for months now. I kinda assume it only occurs when the CP is higher then anything you have.

By any chance, was that Snorlax now the largest CP Pokemon you now have?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Went to a couple of cities today and added to the gen2 collection a bit. Still not a single starter though, sad! Anyway, I was sure I was out, but these new monsters pull me back in.

To be sure: you still can't find the babby Pokémon out in the wild right? Or have they been added as well?

Skarnet

Banned
I posted earlier that the attack and defense are tied for highest. So it's a coin flip lol

Ahh.. okay. Good luck then! Wish I had a Tyrogue with best HP, as I have 60 candy from my lee's and my chan, but eggs have really been letting me down lately :/

I've gotten three of them from eggs, all high HP. Which would be nice if they were worth a damn.

And all my 10ks have been Mantine the past few days, getting kind of annoying.

Awayze

Neo Member
To have Tyranitar legit, people must have got really lucky to get Larvitar and then dedication to get candy's for it as it sure isn't common. I still don't have Charizard or Venusaur.

Jellie

To have Tyranitar legit, people must have got really lucky to get Larvitar and then dedication to get candy's for it as it sure isn't common. I still don't have Charizard or Venusaur.

There's an area near me that's has several spawns a day. Also had 1 or 2 pupitars in the same area. Usually 1 a day but sometimes 2. Been using the berry for double candy and trading for candy too. Don't have uni this week so lots of free time to walk around. No eggs though.

Think I saw a 3k one in a gym like a day after gen 2. Maybe 2 days. Don't think that was legit.

Anyone else having battery drain issues? Haven't played all day and I put my phone on flight mode during work since I get poor reception there. Used up a lot of my battery and PoGo is supposedly responsible for 30% of that (with nothing else close).

First time I noticed it being a power hog when I wasn't actively playing.

Got a Donphan with Tackle and Heavy Slam, I'm guessing that's terrible and I should save up to evolve another?

Have 2 more 80%+ Phanpy from eggs so no big deal.

Got a Donphan with Tackle and Heavy Slam, I'm guessing that's terrible and I should save up to evolve another?

Have 2 more 80%+ Phanpy from eggs so no big deal.

It's kind of weird. Counter is definitely superior to Tackle on Donphan, but Tackle isn't that far off DPS wise from Counter when it comes to offense. So it could probably still serve you pretty decently there. Defense is a different story though. Tackle is wayyy worse in that scenario. Not even mentioning the type advantages that Counter has.

Heavy Slam could be seen as more appealing on defense if you consider it has more opportunity to catch attackers off guard, but even Play Rough is a bit better DPS wise. Not by much, but it is. This isn't taking into account type advantages. It would probably be getting attacked by a water or grass type anyway so the type difference probably isn't important there. Ground is weak to ice too so I guess if someone tries to attack it with an ice type, Heavy Slam would hit it with super effective damage.

Like on defense, Play Rough is a bit better on it's offensive DPS too, and there's probably some typing stuff to consider... If you're a Donpahn, you're probably going to want to attack a fire type. Heavy Slam is weak against fire, sooo yeah. It's strong against ice, but you aren't gonna want to use Donphan against an ice type. It's strong against fairy but when do you ever see fairy defenders. (Oh I guess Blissey is... But it's Blissey, so you probably don't have much room to play around with that) Then there's fairy typing stuff in regards to Play Rough to go into but I got lazy so imma stop here. How the heck did I write so much

TLDR: stop being a fucking nerd and file some taxes or something

HardRojo

Holy shit buying incubators is so expensive. I thought 8 of them would last for a whole week, but considering I usually run 8Ks twice or thrice a week, they get used up really fast, especially if most of my eggs are 5K...

Blizzard

Banned
I'm only seeing 2-3 topics in the last few days on Reddit so it must be rare.

After this, the game froze on the map after an hour or two of turning it on occasionally. Then it said a network or server error I think, then it said it couldn't login.

Restart, it freezes.

Try pokemon club login instead, get an error about being unable to download game data.

Force close, try pokemon club login again, it works.

Force close, try Google login instead, freeze.

Try pokemon club instead, it works.

Force close, deauthorize and reauthorize Google account on my phone, Google login works again.

So in summary:
  • Even when it works, it seems to break again in 1-3 hours.
  • It MIGHT be some quirk of T-Mobile routing in my area but I don't know.
  • It MIGHT be Niantec's fault since this all started with the latest patch.
  • It doesn't matter whether I use wireless or wifi.
  • Pokemon club login always seems to work or give a download error. Unfortunately my main account with tons of time on it is Google instead.
  • Deauthorizing and reauthorizing my phone for Google login with a force app close has worked a couple of times and MIGHT work every time. This is obviously a huge hassle every time it breaks, though.
Hey everyone, it looks like I fixed it.

In addition to the bizarreness I have been observing -- Pokemon not spawning in some places, the game freezing every hour or two requiring me to deauthorize and reauthorize my phone with Google, problems with daily streak bonuses etc., I noticed another problem. Pokestops were not resetting for me. Hours later, across town, I could see they were still purple.

I googled THIS symptom and actually found I wasn't the only one. People who had configured their phones to ignore automatic time sync had this problem. Oddly enough, I had just been on a cruise ship a few days ago...and my phone had gone crazy out at sea, changing itself to a random time and setting off the alarm in the middle of the night. To get around that, I forced my phone to ignore the cell network time/timezone and use a local time instead.

It turns out if you disable automatic time/timezone, not only will your pokestops be broken, but you will end up with a wide variety of other bugs including the Google Pokemon Go login problem.

I may have lost a 5-day pokestop streak in the process of fixing it, but I'm glad I can play again.

Growlie19

First day since the update without a new dex entry. Could've added Jumpluff, but the damn Skiploom ran away after a Great Ball. I'm up to 50 Johto monsters, according to my medal. I suck at counting, I guess....

HardRojo

I'm at 31 Johto right now, but I've seen some shadows and didn't bother getting them because they were a bit too far from my path.
Chikorita: Was a few blocks away from my 8k running path, wasn't gonna bother taking such a detour.
Swinub: I was on the uber on my way back home, it was a few blocks away and I wasn't going to get down from the uber to catch one Pokémon that wasn't really worth it.
Hitmontop: I was in class, couldn't leave the classroom for the 15 mins that it would've taken me to go to the Pokestop the Hitmontop was at and getting back to class.
Yanma: This one I don't remember, I think I was in the bus on my way to university, so I didn't bother.
Marill: Earlier today, time was tight so I couldn't really go to the Pokestop it was at :(
Larvitar: It was in a park, crossing like the biggest highway in Lima (Panamericana Sur). I needed to cross a bridge and enter a fishy neighborhood. Fuck that noise!
Totodile: Was on my way to a Japanese restaurant and didn't really bother, it was too hot to walk all the way over where it was.

At least I could catch a Corsola today.

Joni

Had a good morning: a 800 CP Girafarig for Johto #49 and a small Dratini that gave me enough candy for Dragonite, Kanto #142. I just need Hitmonlee now to 'complete' my Kanto-dex.

Went to a couple of cities today and added to the gen2 collection a bit. Still not a single starter though, sad! Anyway, I was sure I was out, but these new monsters pull me back in.

Leuven has a huge Totodile nest if that is reachable for you.

So is my Machamp with crosschop/karatechop worth leveling up now? It got good IV but they are really rare around where i live. So trying to get one with better moves is kinda out of the question.

Its either go with the moves i have or just let my Dragonites do the fighting.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm almost level 26 with no Dragonite or Machamp. I dream of getting a Dragonite, but a Machamp is still a laughable 79 candy away. And that's AFTER hatching a Machop today.

So is my Machamp with crosschop/karatechop worth leveling up now? It got good IV but they are really rare around where i live. So trying to get one with better moves is kinda out of the question.

Its either go with the moves i have or just let my Dragonites do the fighting.

edit:as a snorlax/blissy killer

Joni

I'm almost level 26 with no Dragonite or Machamp. I dream of getting a Dragonite, but a Machamp is still a laughable 79 candy away. And that's AFTER hatching a Machop today.

I managed Machamp by finding a nest and staying there long. I managed Dragonite by stalking every potential spawn point I knew.

Zero_IYAD

C5bDQQ5XEAEOfZo.jpg

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/835069472557912065

fisheyes

Do we know from the christmas event whether you could evolve a Christmas (and therefore Party Hat most likely) Pikachu after the event finishes and it will keep it as Raichu? With the Christmas event I managed to snag enough Pikachu candy to evolve it before the event ended, so I don't know.

Chuckie

Do we know from the christmas event whether you could evolve a Christmas (and therefore Party Hat most likely) Pikachu after the event finishes and it will keep it as Raichu? With the Christmas event I managed to snag enough Pikachu candy to evolve it before the event ended, so I don't know.

Yes. Raichu kept the hat.

Oxx

The Larvitar I hatched has 84% IVs.

It came with 28 candy, so I could evolve it straight away. But this might be one evolution I hold off on.

Chuckie

I'm not sure if my question was clear, but even if evolved after the event?

Oh I misread that.

You mean does Santa pikachu evolve into Santa Riachu after the event finished?

My gut feeling would say 'yes' but to be honest I am not 100% sure.

Top Bottom