• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

JavyOO7

Niantic is on the ball right now, hopefully soon gives us new things to do other than catch more monsters... quests/NPCs around the game world/etc etc.

Blizzard

Banned
Niantic is on the ball right now, hopefully soon gives us new things to do other than catch more monsters... quests/NPCs around the game world/etc etc.
I just hope they have someone reading support tickets. I'm going to submit another one since the Google deauthorize/reauthorize thing seems to be the only consistent way to get the game working every few hours when it breaks.

Joni

I was excited for today: was planning to visit a Shuckle/Yanma nest and get my first evolution item! Great day for a nest migration and to find out there is just a higher chance of an evolution item.

Someone knocked this gym near my house down from 52000/50000 to 50000/50000 days ago, I need someone to just walk along and beat one Pokemon to push it to rank 9 so I can put my own Pokemon in :(

Oxx

Sudowoodo is still the only gen 2 mon I have hatched.

I'm still getting a load of gen 1 trash, including 2 Geodudes from 2km eggs this morning.

But I can't complain considering I hatched a Dratini and a mofo Chansey today! Finally I can join the Blissey Club.

Awayze

Neo Member
Quick nest changes, I needed the Magmar nest again, there was a Magmar every few steps but all crap iv's. I need every nest to be like that.

Joni

Surprise Skarmory appearance combined with some Hoppip farming makes for a good short walk. Also replaced my old 5 KM egg - Paras - with a brand new 10 KM egg. I'm up to 4.

Had a really good day today. First I found out that one of the nests near my house has become a Totodile nest, then I got a King's Rock and evolved a Slowking, caught a Wobbufett and hatched another Dratini. My 2km and 5km egg luck has still been awful though, Diglett and Aipom from my 2kms today and from 7 5kms yesterday I got 3 Woopers, Shellder, Magnemite, Koffing and Tentacool. Didn't get a evolution items from my 7 day streak though, just lucked out and got that King's Rock from a regular Pokestop.

Skarnet

Banned
Hot my 7-day streak today. No evolution items. Lame.

Me too.. wtf? I thought that was the sure way to get one.. maybe they accidentally changed that when they reverted some other stuff.. seems a few days ago everybody was getting evolution items with the 7 day streak, so I was so excited to see which one I would get today and then... It's feckin' nothing! So disappointed!!

Chopper

Me too.. wtf? I thought that was the sure way to get one.. maybe they accidentally changed that when they reverted some other stuff.. seems a few days ago everybody was getting evolution items with the 7 day streak, so I was so excited to see which one I would get today and then... It's feckin' nothing! So disappointed!!
I'm yet to receive one in 150+ stops. Very frustrating. I want my Scizor!

I think getting one is still just RNG just that chances of getting one for the 7 days are much higher. Doesn't mean you have to get one.

In a few weeks we will have so many evolution items we don't need we will be deleting them for bag space.

Christ, I am already deleting pokeballs in groups of 40-50 to make room for shit. I only keep a nadful of high end healing items around, other than that it's all great and ultra balls. I need to make a trip to a better city soon to burn through them.

GulAtiCa

Yep, the evolutionary items get rate is one of those things that is tricky to handle. Make it too easy and in a few weeks you will have evolved all and just wasted space. Too hard, like it is now, makes it slightly frustrating, but allows for some anticipation.

I actually prefer it how it is currently (maybe make it slightly easier, maybe like make the 7th day is a guaranteed drop). I don't think the 7th day was ever a guaranteed, just a bigger chance since you get so many items.

It's kinda like how some people already have over 70 Johto Pokemon. They are probably more likely to being back to being bored sooner. Obviously maybe not so much there fault if they live in a rich Pokemon area, but still.

I've gotten 2 so far, so guess I'm lucky. 1 from a 7th day. and then 1 more about 20 stops later on my run.

GulAtiCa

I'm about 175k away from lv 32. I'm currently catching a lot of pidgeys and have 3 Luckey Eggs on me. I'll use them during the next 2x xp event for a nice 4x. I'll prob have enough Pokemon by then to evolve to get a lot of xp.

Oxx

I've been evolving new generation 2 stuff as soon as I can. I really should have saved them for a lucky egg session.

I've been evolving new generation 2 stuff as soon as I can. I really should have saved them for a lucky egg session.

I always wait for a lucky egg, even if it means I don't get to see the Pokedex jump up that often anymore.

But with 500K EXP to hit 31, I don't know why I worry anymore lol.

Jellie

Just found out that I missed out on this today.
XtVxide.png
If only I had a lecture at my university today :(

Joni

I always wait for a lucky egg, even if it means I don't get to see the Pokedex jump up that often anymore.

Isn't it better just to do an extra evolution you already have?

In a few weeks we will have so many evolution items we don't need we will be deleting them for bag space.

That is my idea with almost everything already now. Only thing I have not deleted yet are Ultra Balls and Pinap Berry. I'm at 270 Ultra Balls, 25 Pinap, 20 Razz, 7 Great Balls, 7 Pokéballs or something.

Oxx

But with 500K EXP to hit 31, I don't know why I worry anymore lol.

I'm at level 34, so it's a long way to go even if I did maximise the new pokémon evolution xp.

GulAtiCa

My 5 10k eggs finally hatched, and it was kinda decent. Started out disappointing though, lol

Skarmory - WHY?!
Mantine - WHY?!
Dratini - Woo
Mareep - Woo! Yes.
Dratini - More candy

Wish I hatched those Dratinis during the double candy event, heh. But prob enough now (got like 39 candies total from them) to fully level up my 3rd highest Dragonite and maybe level up my 4th a little. And new Pokemon Mareep.

Dishwalla

Banned
Are they changing nests on a weekly basis now? Was going to swing by a Girafarig nest today until I saw they may have changed, damn you Niantic.

I'm pretty confident they upped the Dratini hatch rate. It used to be one of the rarest hatches.
Is buy that. I got my second Dratini hatch ever just recently, days after my girlfriend got her first. Considering other people have said the same it seems quite plausible. That said, they did drop several Pokémon from the 10km tier, so it could just be that.

Are they changing nests on a weekly basis now? Was going to swing by a Girafarig nest today until I saw they may have changed, damn you Niantic.
I think gen 2 mucked up the cycle. It was released right in the middle of the normal cycle and necessitated nest changes to factor in the new species.

Joni

Evolved Hoppip so that is 48. Hoping to get Girafarig tomorrow as there is a spawn right behind my work. And then really need a good Eevee again.

Today was the day the nests should have changed.

ZeroCDR

Hatched a Tyrogue with Attack and Defense as the top stat.. I need Hitmonlee so I've still got a shot! I'm short one candy so I'll start walking with it after Grimer gets his next drop.

Top Bottom