• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Hatched a 98% evee. Gonna use the buddy method to make it my Espeon.
Man this gen 2 update was so necessary. There are so many projects I want to work on right now. Exciting times!

Oxx

Man this gen 2 update was so necessary. There are so many projects I want to work on right now. Exciting times!

I wish there was a project like Magikarp -> Gyarados again.

However, in terms of 'long-term' projects, I got a Gyarados long before I evolved a good Charizard or Dragonite.

But, the gen 1 stuff is still there to keep going with.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got a couple new catches

ledian
igglybuff
mareep
misdreavus
qwilfish

would like to have gotten more but my eggs love to only give me growlithes now

Awayze

Neo Member
I was always under the impression that once a Pokemon shows up, you can select it even if it has passed its despawn time, lost a Lickitung to an error a few weeks ago and now a Gligar.
My 5km eggs also have been atrocious, Paras, Poliwag, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Drowzee and other trash except an Onix.

Had some good catches the last few days.

New entries:

Forretres
Togetic (I still don't have a Togepi)
Croconaw
Qwilfish
Larvitar
Granbull (at my lucky work spawn)

And this morning I finally got a lucky break with eggs and hatched a Tyrogue! With HP as its best stat!

At 202 caught with Jumpluff, Noctowl, Azumarril, and Hitmontop pre-loaded for my next mass evolve.

GulAtiCa

My new catches/evolutions

Mareep
Magby
Yanma
Donphan
Remoraid (funny enough, caught 2 evolutions before catching the base pokemon)

Caught another Totdile too, so now I have 54 candies.

The Larvitar I hatched has 84% IVs.

It came with 28 candy, so I could evolve it straight away. But this might be one evolution I hold off on.
I never evolve a base Pokemon all the way to stage 2 till I have enough candy. It ensures I'm evolving the best Pokemon possible.

Pachimari

I've caught 26 Gen II Pokemon. Four of them today. I gotta say there's not a big variety around here in the capital. And there's like 78 of them?

I'm also on the brink of saying the Gen II are better designs than Gen I, or at least on par.

Today I caught:

- Spinarak
- Sunkern
- Slugma
- Furret

I'm still lvl 24 and have been playing since launch and will continue to the last day. I know I'm low level now because I took a break but where are people generally at right now? Lvl 32-34?

Oxx

So many people out on the streets shamelessly playing Pokemon today. Makes a change from it being just me playing shamefully.

I'm still lvl 24 and have been playing since launch and will continue to the last day. I know I'm low level now because I took a break but where are people generally at right now? Lvl 32-34?

Most people in my area are in the 28-32 range. I'd say if you're a regular player and kept up from launch that's about where you'll be. Anyone 33+ is a hardcore player. The amount of total XP for 33 is nearly DOUBLE what it takes to get to level 30. Level 36 is triple what level 30 is.

I'm a 30 myself, halfway to 31, and I played consistently up through the Christmas event. I did nothing in Jan and the first half of Feb except get the daily bonuses and claim my coins.

Dynasty

Buddy method?
Do you mean the naming trick or is there another way?
Walk 10km with a Eevee you want to evolve, evolve it during the day and it becomes a Espeon, evolve it during the night and it becomes a Umbreon.

Also for Tyrogue evoltions, it depends on the IV. Hitmontop - highest IV has to be HP.
Hitmonlee - highest IV has to be Att.
Hitmonchan - highest IV has to be Def.
Having a tie, results in a 50/50 chance of either.

Oxx

Hatching a 10km egg containing a non-amazing Pokemon is pretty harsh.

But at least I have a bit more candy to power my better Snorlax.

Most people in my area are in the 28-32 range. I'd say if you're a regular player and kept up from launch that's about where you'll be. Anyone 33+ is a hardcore player. The amount of total XP for 33 is nearly DOUBLE what it takes to get to level 30. Level 36 is triple what level 30 is.

I'm a 30 myself, halfway to 31, and I played consistently up through the Christmas event. I did nothing in Jan and the first half of Feb except get the daily bonuses and claim my coins.

Yep. For reference, I live in a slightly rural area that's lucky enough to have a park with 6-8 stops and a gym in a 15 minute walking radius.

So I go there for a couple hours twice a week as some cardio, and I just hit 30 last week.

Firemind

Potion and revive drops are so bad now because of the new berries I'm actually losing more potions/revives than gaining them. And of course I never have enough normal balls because of the Plus and the insane amount of spawns.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been playing since near launch and I'm level 25. My girlfriend is level 28 I think.

GulAtiCa

Finally found my 1st Dratini in the world post double candy event. Thus begins my new Dratini hoarding. Took 3 Pinap candies to get. An extra 6 candies is so nice. My top 3 of 4 Dragonites are already fully leveled up. Saving my remainer 18 Dratini candies for when I level up so I can level them up again. Looks like I'll need 14 per Dragonite, so 42 total. Then I'll have a 3210 Dragonite, which will be nice!

Edit: To above, I'm lv 31. Been playing since launch. Close to lv 32 now, prob by mid March I'll be lv 32.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is there some new cheating going on involving cloning accounts?

There is a gym here with 4 x Blisseys with the same CP the trainers are wearing the same clothing models and the trainer names are all very similar (miki12wa, mich31we, etc.)

--

I'm lvl 31 as of yeterday fwiw.

Luxorek

At 62/70 now, caught Octillary and evolved Snubull. I can still easily get Ursaring, just a couple candy away. But after that... it's simply matter of luck and patience to get the right evolution items.

I could walk my Pineco [10 candy away] and Togepi [12 candy away], but that's wasted km considering I have a caught 93% Larvitar as a buddy that I want to evolve in the future.

So far hatched 2 Pineco, so not that bad. Got another 10 km so here's hoping it's a Larvitar, Dratini, Snorlax, Chansey or finally an Aerodactyl.

Edit: Level 33 here, still 600k away from 34.

Firemind

Is there some new cheating going on involving cloning accounts?

There is a gym here with 4 x Blisseys with the same CP the trainers are wearing the same clothing models and the trainer names are all very similar (miki12wa, mich31we, etc.)
Multiple account creating.

Some people have too much time on their hands or flock to a new team because they want easy coins or want another account to backstab their own team because they're too lazy to train gyms.

Or all the above.

Oxx

Welp, back to having a bag full of 9 5km eggs.

I know I've been pretty lucky with eggs recently, but come on.

Luxorek

Most people in my area are in the 28-32 range. I'd say if you're a regular player and kept up from launch that's about where you'll be. Anyone 33+ is a hardcore player.

Level 33 and I don't consider myself to be 'hardcore'. I started a month late, when I came back from the sea and I simply took to Reddit and various subreddits to learn as much as I could about the game's innerworkings to optimize earning XP. I haven't spent a dime on the game so far, all my coins coming from gyms located nearby places where I live, work or study.

I remember there was an event that awarded double XP for every action. I must have climbed two levels then, due to all the lucky eggs evolution I did. Besides that, I simply play every day on my way to Uni and back. It's a prime spot with lots of pokestops so that helps too I imagine.

Welp, back to having a bag full of 9 5km eggs.

welcome-to-my-world.gif

They've 100% increased the Dratini drop rate from eggs, I'd never had one from one before and now I've had 4 in the past week.

10ks in general seem a lot more common, I'm up to 11 since Gen 2 came out. 4 Dratini, 2 Mantine, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Pineco and two unhatched.

They've 100% increased the Dratini drop rate from eggs, I'd never had one from one before and now I've had 4 in the past week.

10ks in general seem a lot more common, I'm up to 11 since Gen 2 came out. 4 Dratini, 2 Mantine, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Pineco and two unhatched.
My friend got 7 eggs.

1 Dratini
1 Mareep
3 Mantine
2 Gligar

:')

He still doesn't have a single Lapras, Aerodactyl or Snorlax, and got his only Chansey during Valentine's.

GulAtiCa

Go away Mantine..... Also Skarmory ... They seem so common around here. Already have like 4+ of each, and only 1 from eggs. See them on nearby a lot.

Also, where did Tauros go? lol

Oxx

If it wasn't for Tyrogue and Sneasel eggs, today would have been another day without finding a new one in the wild.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

same. Went from like 1 Dratini candy to 93.

One more hatch and I'll have Dragonite.

In the 5ks, I've gotten so many god damn Tentacools though, it's driving me crazy

Pachimari

Fuck I hate this new update. It makes the game freeze so very often, and I have to restart every time and that takes time and then the Pokemon run away.

Awayze

Neo Member
Saw an Ampharos nearby on a tracker but it had crap IV's and me being level 26, it would have had a crap CP too if I went to catch it.
On the plus side, I got a Unown, Gligar, hit a Ponyta and Omanyte next and after 4 hours of walking in circles, hatched a Tyrogue 93% whos defense is 12, attack and hp 15

same. Went from like 1 Dratini candy to 93.

One more hatch and I'll have Dragonite.

In the 5ks, I've gotten so many god damn Tentacools though, it's driving me crazy

5ks are driving me made. I've hatched 6!!! Wooper, including yesterday when I hatched 3 in a batch of 7 eggs. I also get a lot of other water Pokemon that I find easily in my biome. The only other Gen II I've gotten from 5ks are Natu, which is common anyway, and Elekid.

Growlie19

Evolved Skiploom into Jumpluff, bringing me to 51 for the Johto medal. I'm also getting very close to level 31, less than 100K XP to go!

teeny

They should shift the eggs to a separate section on the main menu, then have tabs for each generation of pokemon at the very least.

I don't think tabs are required - they just need better sorting and filtering and PC Boxes :D

Oxx

Is it just me, or does attempting to sort by HP not actually sort by HP?

Decent sorting and filtering would be good too.

Top Bottom