• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Joni

Got the silver dark medal thanks to my Murkrow obsession. Only 149 left to go.
This afternoon will be the main attraction, going to get Totodile in a nest. I have 30 pinab berry prepared. I hope to get to 150 candy.

Is it just me, or does attempting to sort by HP not actually sort by HP?

Decent sorting and filtering would be good too.
What do you mean exactly? Sorting by HP only sorts out Pokemon that are hurt or defeated. Uf all Pokemon are at full health it doesn't do shit. Always did. Or is not even that working anymore?

Oxx

What do you mean exactly? Sorting by HP only sorts out Pokemon that are hurt or defeated. Uf all Pokemon are at full health it doesn't do shit. Always did. Or is not even that working anymore?

Ah, ok.

I was just hoping to use it as a quick way to find high-HP mons like Chansey/Blissey/Snorlax from the mess of my Pokemon list.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Leuven has a huge Totodile nest if that is reachable for you.

Too far off for me just for Pokémon, but it's probably still the best place to hunt in Belgium. If weather improves I can see myself going to Brussels again a few times. I had to be there thursday for a Switch press event but the warandepark was closed :(

Generate

Banned
I wish there was a project like Magikarp -> Gyarados again.

However, in terms of 'long-term' projects, I got a Gyarados long before I evolved a good Charizard or Dragonite.

But, the gen 1 stuff is still there to keep going with.

I got 5 gyarados. Was so tired of seeing magikarp.

8bit

Knows the Score
I didn't get an evo item from my 7 day streak and neither did my girlfriend. Anyone know what's up?

I don't think it's proven either way. I've had 3 items this week, and my 7 day streak is usually a Sunday.

In other news, I finally hatched a Pinsir. 50k walking with Omanyte to go and then I'm as done with Gen 1 as I can be.

Zero_IYAD

Finally a Pidgey turned into my first Ditto:

C5edKWbWMAAiBPW.jpg

Joni

Had a good day: a Qwilfish, a Sun Stone, an extra 10 KM egg and so much Totodile. I used up more than 30 Pinab, 10 Razz Berry and 40 Ultra Balls but I have enough to evolve a 730 CP Totodile to Feraligatr. Egg hatches were sad, a 2 KM Geodude and a 5 KM Sandshrew. I haven't hatched a Gen 2 yet but at least that 5 KM might be an old one. I have four 5 KM egg left, but I have no idea what is new and what is old. I should focus on those four first to make sure I only have post-Gen 2 Pokémon.

Too far off for me just for Pokémon, but it's probably still the best place to hunt in Belgium. If weather improves I can see myself going to Brussels again a few times. I had to be there thursday for a Switch press event but the warandepark was closed :(

That is a bad break. But at least he will regularly pop up in nests so you might get some starter nests closer to your home.

Awayze

Neo Member
The only Pokemon I can upgrade with an special item are Porygon and Gloom yet I've got another metal coat today. Desperately want an Upgrade item.

Awayze

Neo Member
It took me 6 months to get Gyarados with Karp as my buddy, I ended up with a 1800cp Gyarados Twister 97%, so disappointed.
Thinking of getting a Go+ but read it has issues, have an iPhone 7 so may just go into the Apple ecosystem with the Apple Watch.

border

It took me 6 months to get Gyarados with Karp as my buddy, I ended up with a 1800cp Gyarados Twister 97%, so disappointed.
Thinking of getting a Go+ but read it has issues, have an iPhone 7 so may just go into the Apple ecosystem with the Apple Watch.

The Apple Watch app is great if you just want to log kilometers on your eggs and buddies.

It is really not so hot for collecting Pokestops or catching Pokemon.

Batteries on the Go+ have to be replaced, which is going to be a hassle if you plan on using it heavily. Apple Watch can just be recharged, though it's obviously way more expensive than the Go+.

Awayze

Neo Member
I dont walk much so may be pointless getting a Pogo+, Apple Watch in summer it is then.

Caught my 2nd Snorlax that wasn't even on any poke stop rader and I didn't even a use a tracker, hatched an Igglybuff and Smoochum, Haven't had catches like this ever.

Two dud 10ks today, Pineco and Aerodactyl. Oh well, luck couldn't last forever. Did find a Houndour on my way to work however which is a very rare spawn in my city so very pleased about that.

Two dud 10ks today, Pineco and Aerodactyl. Oh well, luck couldn't last forever. Did find a Houndour on my way to work however which is a very rare spawn in my city so very pleased about that.
Been playing since day 1 and I've still never hatched an Aerodactyl. It's more or less the only gen 1 Pokémon I still need.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hatched one in the first week. Haven't seen one since.

I saw one on the street in New York in July and failed to catch it.

Finally hatched one a couple months ago, and then just hatched another one this past week.

Only 3 I've ever seen.

Lapras is my white whale at this point. For the Gen I North America collection I'm about 20km shy on Grimer, 10km shy on Dragonite, and 12km shy on Gyrados. So it's just some walking now or a lucky hatch will finish off those final three.

I should wrap up the regional specific ones this year with planned travels, but only have Farfetch'd at the moment

Awayze

Neo Member
Aerodactyl's spawn in desert biomes I think, my city doesn't have them but the people have them have caught them from a neighbouring town or hatched. I was looking at the London map and they were kinda spawning in the same areas over a week.

I am sitting on 6 evolution items, but they are the of the kind I've already seen and used

not sure why I keep getting the same 2 so far.

I have used 3 different types. But can't seem to get the ones I want wish trading for these was a thing

Saiyan-Rox

Have a Pokemon Go Plus on the way to me now. Nintendo said shipping in Late march and yet it shipped now lol.

Question for those who have it is it worth it? I plan on mainly using it for eggs as I cba having my phone out and screen on all the time for it.

And after all this time i've still not caught a damn Ditto....it;s urking me.

FFMafia

Damn just missed it. How early in advance do they announce them? I wonder if saint patricks day or Easter we will get one...

FFMafia

So it's safe to say I can pop the lucky egg now and evolve a bunch of stuff since it's not very often? I'm getting full of Pokemon.

GulAtiCa

So it's safe to say I can pop the lucky egg now and evolve a bunch of stuff since it's not very often? I'm getting full of Pokemon.
Most likely yes. I bet the next event will likely be a double XP if a pattern holds true. But that might not be for weeks, maybe slightly months

Most likely yes. I bet the next event will likely be a double XP if a pattern holds true. But that might not be for weeks, maybe slightly months
Easter is coming up in 50 days. Probably will be an event. I'm guessing something with eggs (Half distance to hatch? Free incubators?) and more candy, given the association with candy that Easter has (like Halloween and Valentines).

Took advantage of the event and my luck in being some well secured gyms (although i live in a small city but enough so that i was getting 100 coins daily) so I was able to get close to 950 pokemon storage.

However, I am at 60 coins now and I can only get 100 more before the storage discount ends, and on top of that I am at day 7 with no lucky eggs...

So my desire for 1k storage won out, and no lucky egg/day 7/pidgey exp this week :/ But I can't say no to cheap storage lol

And FINALLY hatched a togepi!

Edit: Hm for easter, like it was mentioned, i'm pretty sure something to do with lucky eggs or egg hatching. And probably increased spawn of pokemon that look like bunnies/rabbits... or Pikachu wearing an easter hat lol

I hatched an Aerodactyl ages ago. But never seen one and I live in a desert. Lots of Growlithes...and Ekans...

jw where do you all go to restock on supplies
? I need to take my transcripts to the university soon and that is where I hit up lots of stops and its convenient cause I'm running low anyway
I got two Pokestops in my bed :D

Oxx

No evolution item with my 7 day streak. Niantic must have reduced the drop rate even more after the first week.

8bit

Knows the Score
Have a Pokemon Go Plus on the way to me now. Nintendo said shipping in Late march and yet it shipped now lol.

Question for those who have it is it worth it? I plan on mainly using it for eggs as I cba having my phone out and screen on all the time for it.

And after all this time i've still not caught a damn Ditto....it;s urking me.

Good for stocking up at stops too, just clear out your unwanted items every so often. Same for Pokemon if you use it for that, but easier now that you can select multiples to trash.

Pachimari

Today I've caught a Quilava and I don't even have its stage. I have caught a Bellsprout so I could evolve it into a Weepinbell. And I got a Cubone from an egg so I could evolve it into a Marowak. Apparently I've also gotten a Phanpy without noticing so dunno how I have gotten it lol.

[edit] Wow, and just now an egg hatched and I got the Phanpy which only now got registered. That's way too funny. I got the Pokémon before the egg hatched. And another egg hatched but it crashed and now it has disappeared without leaving me with a Pokémon.

This latest update is utter crap.

Joni

It happens frequently that you first see the Pokémon and then only the animation for the egg hatching. There is a small delay, which has been there since ages.

Oxx

It's probably all RNG luck, but it kinda feels like they decreased the drop rates for 2km eggs, 10km eggs, and evolution items after the first week of gen 2.

And the nests went back to mainly gen 1 trash after the first week of gen 2 too.

Dynasty

I got another King's Rock so I guess I will use this one for a Politoad, just need a bit more candy. Tomorrow is my 7 day pokestop streak so would be gutted if it is a King's Rock again, Im hoping for a Metal Coat or Dragon Scale.

Top Bottom