• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Have critical captures always been in the game or just recently? I threw a ball out for the first time today, it rolled once and then like 5 little stars spun in a circle upwards and I caught the Pokemon.

Edit: damn guess you're not always guaranteed to have a Evo item on day 7. I just got mine and got a ton of Pokeballs but no item.

Have critical captures always been in the game or just recently? I threw a ball out for the first time today, it rolled once and then like 5 little stars spun in a circle upwards and I caught the Pokemon.

Edit: damn guess you're not always guaranteed to have a Evo item on day 7. I just got mine and got a ton of Pokeballs but no item.

yeah Evo items have just become super rare stuff. I got my only Evo item off a 5 day streak and never another. I'm about to go pokestop spinning for about 300 items to fill my bag so I hope I get an evolution item.

Joni

That is a Generation 2 change. No idea how it is triggered.

Cranster

Banned
Why is the customer support for this game so atrocious? A friend of mine has had issues signing into her account for three days now and still hasn't received any updates or had her password successfully reset.

HardRojo

Do those critical captures do anything special? I've had a few but I don't know exactly what they're supposed to do, other than catch almost immediately.

Wait you can't hatch Gen 2 starters? Unless I'm blind, but I couldn't find them in that chart.

Do those critical captures do anything special? I've had a few but I don't know exactly what they're supposed to do, other than catch almost immediately.

Wait you can't hatch Gen 2 starters? Unless I'm blind, but I couldn't find them in that chart.

Crit. capture does only one thing: catch it, that's it. Critical captures already have been in the mainline game.

Gen 2 starters are in the 2km egg tier.

Awayze

Neo Member
I got another metal coat, 3 now for pokemon that I nowhere near have enough candies.
Hatched my first Elekid and 10th Paras maybe, garbage like Paras should at least be 95%, most werent even a wonder.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I got another metal coat, 3 now for pokemon that I nowhere near have enough candies.
Hatched my first Elekid and 10th Paras maybe, garbage like Paras should at least be 95%, most werent even a wonder.

I'd kill for one! or an upgrade.

Found a Larvitar near my house this morning, and a Horsea (sweet... there's also a nest near by I need to go raid to be ready when I get that upgrade item), several Cyndaquils and a Mareep. About 17k, away from Muk.

Pretty solid morning for a quick walk.

found a 2613 cp blissey in the wild so dont have to walk this chansey anymore and also added hoppip to my pokedex

Wow, Blissey must be the rarest Pokemon to find in the wild?

I'm desperate for one, have 58 Chansey candy now but both my Chanseys are crap.

Should I evolve one anyway or wait (probably many months) until I find a good one? Dilemma.

Soodanim

Took advantage of the event and my luck in being some well secured gyms (although i live in a small city but enough so that i was getting 100 coins daily) so I was able to get close to 950 pokemon storage.

However, I am at 60 coins now and I can only get 100 more before the storage discount ends, and on top of that I am at day 7 with no lucky eggs...

So my desire for 1k storage won out, and no lucky egg/day 7/pidgey exp this week :/ But I can't say no to cheap storage lol

And FINALLY hatched a togepi!

Edit: Hm for easter, like it was mentioned, i'm pretty sure something to do with lucky eggs or egg hatching. And probably increased spawn of pokemon that look like bunnies/rabbits... or Pikachu wearing an easter hat lol
Such a hard life.

I went team red because a friend did, but the dominant team in my town is blue. There's a team of regulars at about level 36 that seem to take back any gyms in and around the train station/shopping centre overnight with their level 3000+ Dragonites so they're like you, while I have no chance of getting free coins outside of the odd opportunity at level 27.

I'd settle for one regular source of coins, just one! 1000 capacity is a dream. I'm at 400 items because I caved and bought some, and I'm glad I did. These new berries have made that a necessity.

My friend hatched a Larvitar today, while my last 10km was a Pineco. Fine, I need a Forretress, but I would love something a bit better.

Also, if Hitmonbros aren't in egg lists, where on earth ammo supposed to get one?

Oxx

The gym situation here was pretty fluid for a while, but Instinct are slowly building up their Blissey armies.

They're the only faction with enough people to fill a gym here anyway.

The best I can do is take down around 3 low-level gyms to get 30 coins a day.

GulAtiCa

Instinct armies are out in full force. Red team seemed to die off. It's like they traded place.

I hatched Gligar recently. Pokédex now at 194!

Qwark

It's probably all RNG luck, but it kinda feels like they decreased the drop rates for 2km eggs, 10km eggs, and evolution items after the first week of gen 2.

And the nests went back to mainly gen 1 trash after the first week of gen 2 too.

It feels like they reduced the drop rate for ALL eggs. I had 2 open spots and I had to hit a good 30 stops last night before I finally got a 10k and a 5k.

Growlie19

Added one new dex entry: Houndour. Just need another 65K experience to level up to 31. I've begun to stockpile the commons for a mass evolve spree.

On another note, I've not seen any Party-chu yet, not even on Nearby. I was hoping they would be as common as Santa-chu, but no dice.

Played for about 30 minutes today. My average playtime has been about 40 minutes ever since Gen 2 dropped, so I haven't really caught many new ones.

On my first 7 Pokestop streak, I got a King's Rock. I did not get an evolution item on my second streak like many others. However, I have received an Upgrade and Dragon Scale from regular spins.

My Politoed and Kingdra came out with good movesets, too! The former has Bubble and Hydro Pump, and the latter has Dragon Breath and Outrage. I'm only three Candy away from Porygon2, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm 500,000 EXP away from level 33, so I still have lots of leveling to look forward to. I got three Pokemon Storage upgrades with free Gym coins, so I made really good use of this promo! I'm up to 450, which should be enough for me. I may have to upgrade my items to 500, due to the new Berries.

JoeM86

Got 2 male and 2 female Party Hat Pikachu. One is now a Raichu, but I lack the candy for the other just yet

Got this one though

C5n402kWgAAMsBJ.jpg

Went out to pick up some stuff for dinner but saw a silhouette on the nearby and had to take a quick detour first.

After 4 escapes I managed to add a Skarmory to my dex! Only single stagers I'm missing now are Unown and Miltank
and Snorlax

Got a Update. Now 0.57.3
Any info on what it did?

And why is there no new loading screen. I hate the recent one. Can't they do a nice Gen 2 one :/

Oxx

It's probably all RNG luck, but it kinda feels like they decreased the drop rates for 2km eggs, 10km eggs, and evolution items after the first week of gen 2.

And the nests went back to mainly gen 1 trash after the first week of gen 2 too.

In the interests of fairness, I'll note that I have received 3 new 10km eggs in the last day.

Still, no evolution items in about a week, though.

Dynasty

Never got any evolution item for my 7 day streak :( On a more positive note, I've finally got my first perfect IV pokemon, a Growlithe with 634 CP. Only have 12 Growlithe candy so I'm going to need to wait to get more candy and stop using candy to power-up my current Arcanine.

I hope coins can be used to buy evolutionary items at some point. All of the Pokestops around me don't seem to give them to level 30 players with my handle.

All stats are included

CP is

(Attack Stat + Attack IV) * (Defense Stat + Defense IV)^0.5 * (HP Stat + HP IV)^0.5 * (CPLevelValue)^2 / 10

Ah thanks. Dammit I thought it was only ATK and DEF. I evolved my Magikarp that only got 82% IV but got 14 ATK and DEF. Sigh, well guess I have to wait for my 4th Gyarados to have good IVs.

Got 2 male and 2 female Party Hat Pikachu. One is now a Raichu, but I lack the candy for the other just yet

Got this one though

Are the hats different for male and female? Did Raichu keep the hat?

I caught one last night, debating whether or not to evolve it. Will wait and see if I get a second one.

Top Bottom