• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Awayze

Neo Member
Got a Sunstone(?), 5 evolve items total, missing the one I want most, Upgrade.
I saw and caught one Pikachu after 10+ ultra balls for something like 60cp, low iv's, wasn't worth it.

Zero_IYAD

+400 PokeStop spins since Gen II came out.
Two 7 day streaks.
The only evo item I got was an Upgrade on my 1st 7 day streak.
This is PAINFUL T~T

+400 PokeStop spins since Gen II came out.
Two 7 day streaks.
The only evo item I got was an Upgrade on my 1st 7 day streak.
This is PAINFUL T~T

I feel you. Only got a King's Rock on my first 7 day streak, nothing on my second or on the hundreds of Pokestops I've spun. I swear I spin upwards of 50 a day at work so that's about 700...

Jellie

yCUkv8e.png
What I would give to have been near that...
Perfect moveset and near perfect IVs. That Blissey is damn scary.

Awayze

Neo Member
Maybe you need to spin different pokestops rather than the same ones over and over that can be accessed from work or uni etc.There was also a 100% Porygon in London, must be nice to live in London and know where all the rare mons are.

What I would give to have been near that...
Perfect moveset and near perfect IVs. That Blissey is damn scary.

Wow I didn't know there were scanners that showed their moves and IVs too, wtf lol

I almost felt jealous of that find but then I remembered I have a perfect IV Blissey anyway. ayeee

Growlie19

Made it to level 31 and added Azumarill to my Johto dex, bringing me to 53 total. I also hatched a Dratini from a 10K, whose candy brought my Dragonite up to 2777 CP! Finally, I got the gold Ghost medal.

Maybe you need to spin different pokestops rather than the same ones over and over that can be accessed from work or uni etc.There was also a 100% Porygon in London, must be nice to live in London and know where all the rare mons are.

Maybe that is the case. I do make a lunch circle and hit up around 15 stops nearby everday as well as weekend pokehunting, but the majority of my spins is the same stop. Of course, my wife has already received 3 evo items even though she's only spun the same stops I have. I have run into a crazy amount of Dragonites and Snorlaxes though, so I guess it evens out.

There was also a 100% Porygon in London, must be nice to live in London and know where all the rare mons are.

Eh, yes and no. London's a huge city and it's still very rare that something good spawns close enough to where I am to catch it in time.
It's mostly just frustrating checking the map and seeing that there are awesome spawns miles away with no hope of getting to them in time.

Joni

I see it different, it shows me that there is a chance. That those rare things do actually spawn on my country.

Awayze

Neo Member
Eh, yes and no. London's a huge city and it's still very rare that something good spawns close enough to where I am to catch it in time.
It's mostly just frustrating checking the map and seeing that there are awesome spawns miles away with no hope of getting to them in time.
Something decent like Lapras or Aerodactly must have spawned near you at least a couple of times in the past 6 months and see its location.
I have zero Lapras and Aerodactyl but if I had a map like that for Manchester, Im sure I would have got the two by now.

Firemind

Why would Zen Headbutt/Dazzling Gleam be the perfect moveset? Wouldn't Pound/Hyper Beam be better with STAB?
ZH/DG does more damage when taking into account the AI's cooldown, energy gained per second and the energy lost when dealing more damage than needed. Also helps that ZH/DG is super effective against fighting types.

P/HB does more damage when attacking.

Something decent like Lapras or Aerodactly must have spawned near you at least a couple of times in the past 6 months and see its location.
I have zero Lapras and Aerodactyl but if I had a map like that for Manchester, Im sure I would have got the two by now.

I wet out of my way to catch a Lapras once, I missed the first once I tried to catch, couldn't get to it in time. I had to jump on a tube then sprint out of the station to catch the second.

Aerodactyl I've only ever seen in the wild once, in San Francisco, where I just stumbled upon it.

Qwark

Found a Partychu. Really thought these were going to be more common, it is Pokemon's birthday after all.

Do we know if they increased spawn rates like they did for Santachu or is it the same spawn rate as normal Pikachu? Doesn't seem to have changed around here.

Wait what? I thought they'd just dropped all the gen 2 mons in, except the legendaries. Is there anywhere I can see what is/isn't in the game?

Delibird and Smeargle are not currently in the game, while all other non-Legendary Pokémon are.

Presumably Delibird is being held for an event, since there's no other conceivable reason to hold it back. Smeargle on the other hand is likely being held back due to its unique core mechanic, the move Sketch, which copies any other move. This is almost certainly the same reason Ditto had been delayed as well.

Delibird and Smeargle are not currently in the game, while all other non-Legendary Pokémon are.

Presumably Delibird is being held for an event, since there's no other conceivable reason to hold it back. Smeargle on the other hand is likely being held back due to its unique core mechanic, the move Sketch, which copies any other move. This is almost certainly the same reason Ditto had been delayed as well.

Okay, cool, thanks. Smeargle makes sense, Delibird .. sure. Oh well, Gen 2 in general has got me playing again so I can't complain too much.

HiResDes

Got a Sunstone(?), 5 evolve items total, missing the one I want most, Upgrade.
I saw and caught one Pikachu after 10+ ultra balls for something like 60cp, low iv's, wasn't worth it.
I have a second upgrade and already have a Porygon2 I wish we could trade.

UberTag

Pokemon Go finally sank its clutches into me a little over a week ago.

Since then I've ... boots up app... ranked up to Level 16, caught 89 pokemon... oooh, is that a wild Crobat? ... back in a sec.

<leaves desk to catch Crobat, hatches a newly discovered Sandshrew and a previously caught Phanpy on the way>

Caught 91 pokemon and gotten a ton of exercise in the process.

My only question is... why the hell didn't I start playing this sooner?

Pokemon Go finally sank its clutches into me a little over a week ago.

Since then I've ... boots up app... ranked up to Level 16, caught 89 pokemon... oooh, is that a wild Crobat? ... back in a sec.

<leaves desk to catch Crobat, hatches a newly discovered Sandshrew and a previously caught Phanpy on the way>

Caught 91 pokemon and gotten a ton of exercise in the process.

My only question is... why the hell didn't I start playing this sooner?
I can't tell you that but nevertheless I welcome you.

Generate

Banned
Finding evolution items is proving to be impossible. Ive spun so many stops and the most Ive found has been a king's rock and two metal coats.

You assholes and your water spawns, lol. I only got a Gyarados last month or so and it's only 1,840 CP with Bite and Dragon Pulse.

And I'm still 145 KM from my first (level 20) Dragonite, which will have a whopping 2,000 CP and will be impossible to level up, lol

Awayze

Neo Member
Karp and Dratini spawns have increased here, got enough for another Gyarados but no good Karp, halfway to a Dragonite aswell.

Firemind

I only have 3 Gyarados because I used up all my stardust on chaff. I just love Slowbro, Poliwrath, Charizard, Jolteon too much because of nostalgia. ;-;

And I still need more stardust to raise Blastoise, Gengar, Dragonite and eventually Zapdos.

Qwark

Finding evolution items is proving to be impossible. Ive spun so many stops and the most Ive found has been a king's rock and two metal coats.

That's more than I've gotten. I've gotten 1 item from my first 7 day stop and nothing since, despite spinning thousands of stops and completing a second 7 day stop. Meanwhile my casual friends have extra items. Time to pray to RNGesus.

I hardly see any Pikachu, so if this event didn't increase their spawns then I guess I'm not getting a single Partychu lol.
I wonder if they'll extend it and up the spawn rate like last time. Hopefully, because I've seen a total of none as well. Meanwhile last time I got over 20 Christmas Pikachu after they made it more common.

I'm talking better overall. I'm going off of what I heard but people usually talk up Steelix and talk down Scizor. Of course, CP wise, Scizor wins.

Top Bottom