• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Joni

I wonder if they'll extend it and up the spawn rate like last time. Hopefully, because I've seen a total of none as well. Meanwhile last time I got over 20 Christmas Pikachu after they made it more common.
Indeed. Same here. Might need to go really hunt for them.

I don't recommend this game if you have an addiction to catching em' all

C5uO-rYVAAAausF.jpg

I want to be done before my Switch gets here on Friday

Where's everyone's dex at now? I have 215 total with the following missing:

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligator
Igglybuff (egg)
Togepi (egg)
Ampharos
Politoed (kings rock)
Sunflora (sun stone)
Unown
Steelix (metal coat)
Shuckle
Heracross (regional)
Corsola (regional)
Kingdra (dragon scale)
Porygon2 (upgrade)
Hitmontop
Magby (egg)
Blissey
Pupitar
Tyranitar

Of that list, what's left that can be grinded at nests are:

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligator
Shuckle

and I will get Heracross and Corsola next time I visit family in FL.

The rest will require an immense amount of luck, walking, and/or both in some cases. Especially the item based evolves. I atleast have a slim chance of catching a wild Tyranitar or a Blissey.

I can't believe I got a sun stone, kings rock, and a metal coat in 1 day a couple weeks ago. I should stopped playing and bought a lotto ticket.

The new max is 238 btw, including all regionals.

I caught enough regionals to trade with many gaffers who don't cheat like I do

I love cheats in games, still this is a lot of hours I spent getting to this point.

,missing 2 evolutions and 16 unown letters

Oxx

The variety around these parts is terrible.

The only new ones I'm getting are out of eggs.

Edit: New update removes the 'News' section on the menu?

Man I wish I lived in an area with variety like y'all.

It's the same half dozen or so Pokémon at the only good spot to farm Pokémon at in town until spawns change and if I'm lucky spawn changes won't still have half the same Pokémon.

Oxx

Managed to evolve 75 mons during a lucky egg, but nothing new, so perhaps I should have held-off.

Pidgeys are back in force these days.

Growlie19

Finally hatched a Togepi, then got a second one to boot, bringing me to 16 candy. I also found a wild Donphan with bad CP. At least it gave 10 candy towards my 15/15/xx Phanpy.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
so e and I wandered around San Francisco for like 3 hours tonight catching Pokemon. We saw a Togetic and both failed to catch it despite Ultra balls / raspberries. Sigh.

Got my 70 Johto medal and up to 213 caught. San Francisco's biome wonderfully complements the L.A. biome.

Also managed a sun stone from a random pokestop, e grabbed an upgrade from a random stop. Need to find more Oddishes though.

My 7 day streak is tomorrow so here's hoping for another.

Pachimari

The latest update seems to have taken care of the random freezes, which is great.

Unfortunately, the variety of Pokémon have been shit ever since Gen II was introduced.

GulAtiCa

Gained 4 new Pokemon recently.

Caught a Pineco in the wild! Took me like 20 minutes 2 find since wasn't sure how to get to the Pokestop. lol
Hatched a Stantlet
Saw a Bayleef next to my house when I got home. Almost didn't catch, but glad I did. Used Pinap and got 10 candies! CP 987 too, avg IVs, but already lv 30ish
And today hatched a Shuckle.

Caught another Croconaw today as well. Sadly my 2 Pinap candies didn't stick, but still caught it. Need a lot more of those berries! Now have 77 Totodile candies.

Awayze

Neo Member
Unowns are ridiculously rare. Only one spawns in the world at any given moment. I've seen accounts which have got all 26 by spoofing with some being found in the ocean. It's going to be impossible to catch them all legit unless something changes

I finally got my first Blastoise at uni,a Squirtle 89%, a Pikachu. Otherwise it was garbage and another Staryu from an egg.

Our local park spawns Chikorita so I've been using my Pinap berries on them.

Last night we got ridiculously lucky and I have enough for Meganium now.

Too bad all 35 or so have shit stats.

Firemind

Oh FFS evolved two Chanseys.

One has Zen Headbutt / Psychic. The other Pound / Hyper Beam.

Literally every Blissey I fought so far has Zen Headbutt / Dazzling Gleam. The luck some people have...

Unowns are ridiculously rare. Only one spawns in the world at any given moment.

Source? That's insane if true. That would mean there's only 48 max a day to possibly obtain. My facebook group has only confirmed a single Unown spawn so far in our entire city.

And anyone with all 26 variants or anywhere close to it is definitely spoofing. It's just statistically impossible to be there legit at this point.

Awayze

Neo Member
There's a Discord thread where the coordinates are posted of a Unown spawn. The dedicated spoofers confirmed it, took them a few days to get all 26 and I believe that was with non stop playing and you get nothing other than a medal.
When I was looking at the London map, only one spawned per day through out the whole city, not seen one for a few days. They make Chansey, Snorlax, Aerodactyls look common. There's only been one sighting in my city to. Imagine coming across one and it runs,

Awayze

Neo Member
So I take it the trackers are up and running again, at least in the small scale?
Yeah but I don't think anyone wants to release a full public map one as Niantic will clock on. The Discord threads are limited to 100% IV or rare Pokemon. They give you the coordinates anywhere in the world. You have apps and city trackers though.

Btw I don't spoof but something I considered in the summer if I can't get a Lapras. You really don't know your bad the Pokemon are here.

Top Bottom