• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

piggychan

I just got the go plus a few days ago and been getting used to it.

The go plus blinks green or yellow to notify pokemon is ready to be caught, pressing the LED light the go plus will flash white a few times then it will either blink red for failure or multicolored for success

I don't know if anyone has posted this already but...
I noticed that recently that when the go plus notifies me that a pokemon is ready to catch as soon as I press the LED I immediately get red blinking LED lights before the white blinking LED which tells me that I have no pokeballs. But my inventory shows I have great and ultra.

It looks like go plus only defaults to the normal pokeballs so, if you only have great/ultra then you cannot catch any pokemon using the go plus rendering it useless until you grab some normal pokeballs from random stops.

So in the meantime you have to resort back to getting your phone out...

D296FF57-AE4E-4A67-BF1C-EA277ED7278A.jpg

Great Balls and Ultra are not registered with go plus
9E769D73-F8ED-4C91-8186-3135A1D6748D.png

Feels like swinub are worse in London than pidgey or ratatta ever were.
I regularly get swarmed by them.

Caught a Shuckle, Phanpy, Mantine and Forretress today, up to 63 Johto now!

very rare in LA.

Snubbull though... all the god damn Snubbulls

Yep. I have 1 Swinub and endless Snubbulls. Central California.

Same where I am in AZ (basically the same biome). I've caught well over 100 Snubbull and serveral Granbull. It is by far the most common spawn there is now, period. Straight up the new Pidgey, too bad it takes 50 candy to evolve... The only Swinub I have is from a "nest" I found on The Silph Road Atlas, which really was just a spot that spawns 1 every hour or so.

HardRojo

So basically Partychu is just Pikachu with a makeover? They didn't increase its spawn rate or anything? I haven't run into a Pikachu in months, so I guess I won't find one lol.

was there a thread for the GDC news? I see a lot of youtubers reporting it but I am at a train station in DC and the free wifi sucks can't watch the videos

any dates given for the 3 updates?

So basically Partychu is just Pikachu with a makeover? They didn't increase its spawn rate or anything? I haven't run into a Pikachu in months, so I guess I won't find one lol.

Yeah it's otherwise identical to normal Pikachu and has simply replaced the existing Pikachu spawns. No change to spawn rate. I'm wondering if they'll pull what they did with Christmas Pikachu. It had the same spawn rate as well, and then they extended it by a week with drastically increased spawns.

was there a thread for the GDC news? I see a lot of youtubers reporting it but I am at a train station in DC and the free wifi sucks can't watch the videos

any dates given for the 3 updates?

No but someone should make it.

The only thing closest to dates we have is apparently there was some Spanish interview and some people who speak Spanish pointed out how they said there was going to be a big update for each trimester of this year. In Spanish, that "trimester" word apparently refers to a 3 month span. So if we consider Gen 2 the first big update of this year, it happened during the first trimester of this year. 3 more are planned to come before 2018.

Got the info about the Spanish interview from TrainerTips

No but someone should make it.

The only thing closest to dates we have is apparently there was some Spanish interview and some people who speak Spanish pointed out how they said there was going to be a big update for each trimester of this year. In Spanish, that "trimester" word apparently refers to a 3 month span. So if we consider Gen 2 the first big update of this year, it happened during the first trimester of this year. 3 more are planned to come before 2018.

Got the info about the Spanish interview from TrainerTips

thanks

yeah I was trying to watch Trainer Tips' update for today but wifi issues

my train is delayed I wish I could charge my phone and get some spins in

Have I done good Gaf? Took me ages to evolve one of my hoothoots

zhTynTM

Also got a Larvitar out of an egg 👌
Also I'm in Nashville and there are a lot of Murkrow and Natu holy shit

Dishwalla

Banned
Just caught two Partychus(both female too) within the last 15 minutes in my apartment. Maybe Niantic upped the frequency on them finally?

Joni

Checked of Lanturn and Yanma. Up to 59 Johto and 201 in total. I'll try Teddy as my next project. I also picked up another 10 KM egg. With six of them, I now have more of them than I ever received during the full Generation 1 experience. The 5 KM before it turned into a Staryu so that sucked. Hope the three remaining ones are a bit more interesting. Just a Magby or a Tyrogue please.

I also got my second 7 Day Streak today. Didn't get an evolution item. I think they might just have made a mistake with that originally.

It looks like go plus only defaults to the normal pokeballs so, if you only have great/ultra then you cannot catch any pokemon using the go plus rendering it useless until you grab some normal pokeballs from random stops.

This was known for months. :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah it's otherwise identical to normal Pikachu and has simply replaced the existing Pikachu spawns. No change to spawn rate. I'm wondering if they'll pull what they did with Christmas Pikachu. It had the same spawn rate as well, and then they extended it by a week with drastically increased spawns.

That's not true. The Pikachu spawn rate was definitely raised when they added the Santa hat.

Partychu definitely has increased spawns for me. Pikachu are usually quite rare but I've been catching a few each day just around my work.

That's not true. The Pikachu spawn rate was definitely raised when they added the Santa hat.
Christmas Pikachu spawns were increased drastically part way through the event, when they extended the end date. If they were increased at the beginning as well then it was a very small increase, particularly in comparison to the extension increase.

Oxx

I've caught 165 Swinub and that's after stopping catching them altogether after getting the gold medal for ice pokémon.

I've not seen a single Pikachu on sightings or nearby since the limited version became available...which is fine because that's the worst type of event. One of the most worthless Pokemon, getting its third alternate form, so I hope that makes for a fun time for somebody at least.

The variety of Pokemon have decreased a whole lot here since the update. It's kind of frustrating only seeing Swinubs and Sennets.

Even with the nest rotations on a biweekly basis, I feel that's the main issue with the game.

Unless you like in an area with several biomes and enough stops / spawns to get enough variety, you're going to see the same half dozen or so Pokémon on the regular for two weeks.

Which is good for filling your dex (I have a Meganium now), but can get a little boring and feels more like a grind and less like an exploration sort of game.

Growlie19

Hatched a second Pineco, which gave me just enough candy for a Forretress! I also hatched a 100 percent Growlithe, which was super exciting!

Firemind

It's kinda frustrating that I'll very likely never see a Swinub in the wild. :p
For me it's the starters. Gonna play Zelda in the foreseeable future so I don't expect to get many more dex entries soon. Did hatch a Larvitar though with perfect attack and defense.

Oxx

I didn't even notice that I had a 100% Ponyta.

I evolved it to Rapidash, but I don't even know if the moves it got are any good anymore.

Oxx

I've made space for 8 new eggs the last two days. No 10km eggs and 3 2km eggs. Not doing well building my 10k stash.

Awayze

Neo Member
Hatching one egg at a time is a chore but I'm not willing to spend real money for incubators. Got a Porygon and Phanpy, need a Togepi. Received an upgrade item also.

One of my friends wants to ditch seeing Logan with us tonight to try and get Party Hat Pikachu.

We have no Pikachu spawns in town.

I loaded up the Silph Road Atlas and showed her she can find one on her trip to LA Saturday if she drives like 15 minutes out of her planned route.

She'd rather spend two hours on a no guarantee than drive an extra 15 minutes for a guarantee of Pikachu.

Like, I can't. It's like math and probability are just out the window today.

Pachimari

Even with the nest rotations on a biweekly basis, I feel that's the main issue with the game.

Unless you like in an area with several biomes and enough stops / spawns to get enough variety, you're going to see the same half dozen or so Pokémon on the regular for two weeks.

Which is good for filling your dex (I have a Meganium now), but can get a little boring and feels more like a grind and less like an exploration sort of game.
I'm in the capital of all places with lots and lots of pokestops, yet the variety have become worse since Gen II. It's horrible.

That said, I caught my party Pikachu and a Houndour today.

Also, you are not missing out on Logan. It's not that good. Just wait for it to hit streaming services or Blu-ray.

She doesn't want to see Logan and she is doing something more fun on Saturday.

But she said she wanted to see Logan and get the Pikachu.

LA is the best bet for Pikachu from what I see on the Atlas for our area.

I guess she doesn't prioritize the local Pogo group's time as much as she does the time of whatever she's doing Saturday.

Some of my friends are weird.

Also, you are not missing out on Logan. It's not that good. Just wait for it to hit streaming services or Blu-ray.

Lies.

Also given the option of looking for Party Hat Pikachu with no spawns in town or seeing Logan, I'd rather see Logan. Seems like a better use of my time.

Some of the group need more Chikorita for Meganium but we still have another week before the spawns change right?

I dunnow, I'm usually the one telling people where rare spawns and stuff are anyways so it seems like I'm the only one in the group who really cares to play Pogo with any sort of focus as opposed to just meandering and hoping for the best . Even when the tools are there to make it a bit more enjoyable in our tiny town.

I have such a love hate relationship with this game.

Top Bottom