• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

rc213

One of my friends wants to ditch seeing Logan with us tonight to try and get Party Hat Pikachu.

We have no Pikachu spawns in town.

I loaded up the Silph Road Atlas and showed her she can find one on her trip to LA Saturday if she drives like 15 minutes out of her planned route.

She'd rather spend two hours on a no guarantee than drive an extra 15 minutes for a guarantee of Pikachu.

Like, I can't. It's like math and probability are just out the window today.

They spawn near the Starbucks at 3rd/Fairfax at least once per hour while I'm here at work.

They spawn near the Starbucks at 3rd/Fairfax at least once per hour while I'm here at work.

That's what I'm saying. We're in the Central Valley and there's no Pikachu nests until Burbank at least. I checked the Silph Road Atlas and LA is littered with them. No need to try for them tonight if you're guaranteed one Saturday, IMO.

A party pikachu showed up in my house. They can just pop up anywhere.

I get that. I got mine purely by chance on Sunday. I'm saying that with no nests in town for Pikachu, one place is as good as any other. There's a stop at the movies I can lure and we can try for it there, don't see why we need to run around in circles for something not guaranteed.

Generate

Banned
One of my friends wants to ditch seeing Logan with us tonight to try and get Party Hat Pikachu.

We have no Pikachu spawns in town.

I loaded up the Silph Road Atlas and showed her she can find one on her trip to LA Saturday if she drives like 15 minutes out of her planned route.

She'd rather spend two hours on a no guarantee than drive an extra 15 minutes for a guarantee of Pikachu.

Like, I can't. It's like math and probability are just out the window today.

A party pikachu showed up in my house. They can just pop up anywhere.

Awayze

Neo Member
Hatched my first 10km egg and it is a Chansey 817cp, also hatched a Slugma, Porygon and Cleffa. Negative is only Cleffa is a wonder, wtf is this bs.

Just realised they netted lapras, I am not happy. Was about to boost my two wonders when I noticed. God dammit, was hoping to get two more nice defenders to add to my growing herd.

Undefined

So GAF. What are yall guys' top most catches?

My top 10 out of 11,458 catches:

Code:
Pidgey -- 1,208/1,347

Drowzee - 1,181/1,320

Zubat ------- 657/773

Rattata ----- 572/642

Pidgeotto --- 526/535

Spearow ----- 461/515

Gastly ------ 420/459

Magikarp ---- 358/371

Weedle ------ 354/402

Krabby ------ 352/405

6,089/11,458 ~ 53% of my catches are the top 10.

Went out briefly to buy a Switch Pro Controller and went from 67 to 73 Johto Pokemon. Well then.

Was expecting to hit 70 because I was one catch each off Bayleaf, Maganium and Jumpluff, but then I found a wild Pineco, somehow found 4(!) Swinub (they're rare here), and hatched a 15HP Tyrogue.

So new entries today: Bayleaf, Meganium, Jumpluff, Pineco, Piloswine, Hitmontop.

Oxx

So GAF. What are yall guys' top most catches?

My top 10 out of 11,458 catches:

Code:
Pidgey -- 1,208/1,347

Drowzee - 1,181/1,320

Zubat ------- 657/773

Rattata ----- 572/642

Pidgeotto --- 526/535

Spearow ----- 461/515

Gastly ------ 420/459

Magikarp ---- 358/371

Weedle ------ 354/402

Krabby ------ 352/405

6,089/11,458 ~ 53% of my catches are the top 10.

I've caught 2394 Pidgeys. Damn.
1077 Weedles.
1042 Eevees too.

CassSept

I just reached the gold medal for 2 000 catches total the other day

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Catching all the crappy Pokemon for experience just seems like such a hassle, I only focus on Pokemon I don't have

Oxx

The Go Plus helps with accruing effortless catches of weak mons.

But I do make an effort to catch Pidgeys for mass-evolve lucky egg purposes.

Pachimari

At least I have caught one new Pokemon today: Dubsparce. It looks nice.

[edit] Oh and evolved a Marill to an Azumarill. And I levelled up to lvl 25! Here's to another year before I level up to 26..

[edit] Wow just hatched a Remoraid as well. This has turned out as a good day.

Awayze

Neo Member
My 10km eggs were crap. In addition to Chansey, I only got Miltank, Dratini and Snorlax. Others were crap.
I have 8 evolution item's now, at least one for each item.

GulAtiCa

Seriously, esp another Chansey. Could use some candy to power up my Blissey. My Blissey is only like 1900 CP. Sadly that Chansey I evolved was one I got a long time ago, prob when I was lv 15 or something

So how good is that electric sheep supposed to be? I got two right away and a wild one, haven't seen one since. Will I finally have something to replace my cannon fodder Jolteons to challenge the Vaporeon hordes?

Niantic really needs to make more pokemon gym viable, honestly. Seeing nothing but snorlax, vaporeons, dragonite and gyrados is getting old.

HiResDes

Blissey is the best pokemon currently in the game, even better than Snorlax in its impact on the overall meta. I don't have one but I hate fighting them.

Awayze

Neo Member
I was expecting better and those were the only 9 10km eggs I've had. Got Gligars,Pinecone, Onix and Pinsir in rest. Only Snorlax and Onix were wonders. Need a Lapras.
Miltank was the only one I hadn't seen in the wild over the last few weeks. Tempted to get my Steelix and Porygon 2 but at level 27 they won't be a high CP. Not enough to battle.

HiResDes

I was expecting better and those were the only 9 10km eggs I've had. Got Gligars,Pinecone, Onix and Pinsir in rest. Only Snorlax and Onix were wonders. Need a Lapras.

You better lower expectations then, that's better than anything I've gotten and I've hatched probably 50 10ks at this point. I still have never hatched a Snorlax nor Chansey...Nor do I have a Dragonite

Firemind

Blissey is the best pokemon currently in the game, even better than Snorlax in its impact on the overall meta. I don't have one but I hate fighting them.
Snorlax is so much easier to beat it's not funny. I'm considering not even bothering to walk Snorlax anymore.

I've only seen a few blissey in gyms in my town, they're super rare here. Which is good, because a 2500 Blissey can wreck your attackers in a hurry. But I'll never stop powering up Snorlax, they still make for good top end defenders.

Awayze

Neo Member
You better lower expectations then, that's better than anything I've gotten and I've hatched probably 50 10ks at this point. I still have never hatched a Snorlax nor Chansey...Nor do I have a Dragonite
Dratini spawns have been increased for me so I have enough for a Dragonite but every gym seems to have multiple high CP Dragonites so pointless for me. It's more to the fact most of my eggs aren't wonder appraised and it takes me ages to hatch one egg.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Niantic Booth GDC pokestop spit out killer eggs. Lots of 10km that all hatched into Dratinis and Larvitars, 2km eggs that gave out Pichu and Togepi

HiResDes

I think Gyrados is such a shit defender but it's only put up because of its high CP rather than actually being scary defender. Pre-Nerf Lapras, Poliwrath, Snorlax, Exeggutor, and Slowbro were always better IMO.

Oxx

My Gyarados has a pretty high CP, so it was a good way to weasel into the top spot in a gym even if it wasn't a great benefit to its defensibility.

Sadly, I think people toss them in usually because of pride in having a top spot. I'll toss my gyrados in when I am getting down to my last few good defenders, after my snorlax dragonite and Ryhorn pokemon. After him, it's all random crap just to get pokemon in gyms. I'll even toss in flareons for kicks, since they're all around worthless except against the rare plant type I see.

Awayze

Neo Member
I have so many Partychu's, add in Santachus, they're taking up around 100 slots of my 550 mon storage, add in 50 Porygons aswell. I cant seem to push transfer on any of them.

I have so many Partychu's, add in Santachus, they're taking up around 100 slots of my 550 mon storage, add in 50 Porygons aswell. I cant seem to push transfer on any of them.

Just do it. I can already see them salivating at the thought of releasing a Pikachu every month with NEW! hat.

Top Bottom