• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

JavyOO7

Haven't been playing too much lately due to school. But do turn on the app to see if I got an evolution item on seventh day streak on Sunday... Nothing unfortunately. Do need 9km left to get Steel's evolved form!

I guess in 3-4 months we will get the big gym update. Curious to see what Niantic does. Can't wait to go to the beach next Sunday to see if I can finally find a Lapras. =p

Highlights from the last few days:

Thursday I check out a Totodile "nest". I say "nest" because it only gave me 3 over an hour and a half :/ I did go home with a 97% Bayleef though and thanks to the pinap berry I had enough candy for my first Meganium. VW and Earthquake, meh.

Friday I check my FB group page as I'm walking out out of work...Typhlosion spotted in someone's neighborhood 1 min ago. I hauled ass and caught it.... 4% IVs. Hey, it's a dex entry and that's the rarest gen 2 starter in this area.

Over the weekend I hatched a 10k...Chansey! 84% IVs and came with 27 candies, enough for Blissey. It got pound and dazzling gleam so I'm happy. Just need more candy to power her up, only had enough to take it barely above 2k CP.

And finally yesterday a Feraligater is spotted at the local college campus just as I'm leaving work. He was a big boy, over 2100 CP and took 8 razz + ultras to catch.

So now I'm done with all the "easy" gen 2 pokemon, except for Shuckle. Nearest nest is 45 mins away and I won't have time to go get him until the next rotation. I'll just wait until he rotates to a closer nest. The rest are all down to getting the right eggs and evolve item drops.

GulAtiCa

Making good progress on my Gen 2 starters:

Chikorita: 40 candies (5 Chikoritas, 1 Bayleef)
Cyndaquil: 29 candies (2 Cyndaquils)
Totodile: 89 candies (12 Totodiles, 2 Croconaws)

I'm currently walking my Cyndaquil and walked my Totodile a little before getting a Cyndaquil. Pinap candies make this so much better, esp for evolved catches.

Replicant

So I finally hatched a Larvitar from a 10km egg.
It has 71% IV. Are you fucking kidding me? That's like the weakest IVs I've ever got from an egg Pokemon. So bummed right now -_-

At least it's not as low as the 69% Dratini I hatched from my 10k egg :/

And people didn't believe me when I said they were lowering IVs on eggs a few months ago. It makes hatching almost pointless these days. I get more shit than good ones.

And people didn't believe me when I said they were lowering IVs on eggs a few months ago. It makes hatching almost pointless these days. I get more shit than good ones.

Yeah, worrying about CP / IVs in this game is gonna be eh after this.

Niantic pls. Why they insist on making us miserable is beyond me.

Joni

Evolved Slugma to Magcargo. It is a weak-ass Pokémon but it is another one ticked. I'm up to 64.
I might want to bag two final Sunkern today (which I can't evolve yet without the Sun Stone) but I'm otherwise completely done with the current nests.

Firemind

I'm currently walking my Cyndaquil and walked my Totodile a little before getting a Cyndaquil. Pinap candies make this so much better, esp for evolved catches.
lol

Yeah you really feel the difference.
On the other hand the two 10km eggs before were a 96% Pineco and a 100% Phanpy :)

Awayze

Neo Member
Finally caught a Lapras and another Togetic 1000cp runs away, was kinda disappointed so I logged into my sister's account to catch it, one ball only but poor appraisal. Been an alright week for Pokémon, got a good glimpse of where the rare Pokemon spawn.
Just need enough candies for Muk, Charizard and Venusaur to be able to complete gen 1.

Also eggs suck, majority of my hatches are certainly caught my attention which are instantly trashed. Most of my hatches seem to be based on recently caught Pokémon, I'd like to see the date and location of the eggs obtained.

deanote666

Also eggs suck, majority of my hatches are certainly caught my attention which are instantly trashed. Most of my hatches seem to be based on recently caught Pokémon, I'd like to see the date and location of the eggs obtained.

Glad it isn't just me!

Sitting on 7 2k eggs right now...

Oxx

Another hatched Pineco.

I should probably hold-off on evolving it if obtaining Pineco is going to be such a regular thing.

Saiyan-Rox

Got pokemon go plus like a week ago have to say i'm not impressed with it its kinda taken the fun out of the game tbh so gonna sell it on.

GulAtiCa

Got pokemon go plus like a week ago have to say i'm not impressed with it its kinda taken the fun out of the game tbh so gonna sell it on.

Why? That seems silly. I only use it for Pokestops. Makes traveling around (esp in car) easier to count for my eggs. I still have the game out when trying catch things though. I turned it off for pokemon encounters.

Oxx

The current 10km situation isn't so bad. More frequent Dratini and Chansey hatches is good. I just toss the lame ones straight in the bin and say thanks for the candy.

Saiyan-Rox

Why? That seems silly. I only use it for Pokestops. Makes traveling around (esp in car) easier to count for my eggs. I still have the game out when trying catch things though. I turned it off for pokemon encounters.

Pokemon cathcing rate is kinda annoying I went a whole day without cathcing anything with it which kinda triggered me a little. I just don't see the point of it apart from hatching eggs while walking my dog.

Also I let a Cyndaquil get away cause I didn't check the colour and now i'm mad lol

GulAtiCa

The current 10km situation isn't so bad. More frequent Dratini and Chansey hatches is good. I just toss the lame ones straight in the bin and say thanks for the candy.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current stock of 10k eggs. Esp since mosrt of the 1st gen Pokemon in it are mainly winners now. Some gen 2 stinkers, but overall much better. I've now hatched like 5 Dratinis in last 2 months. (and total as well)

If breeding comes into play, which I think it might, that will be helpful in getting extra candies. I'll totally use it to get more Chansey candies. Imagine walking 9 Chansey eggs. lol

I think I saw chikorita on sightings once.

My park has 3 Chikorita spawns. Even skipping the usual time on Thursday I have 150+ candies. They all have shit stats though lol.

Also found a King's rock today. Slowking will be neat to have. Still need candy for my Kingdra.

What's the best way to check a poke's IV's?

I use GoIV on Android, but you can use the appraisal trainer responses to get a good range estimate.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

Got a Mantine from an egg, after catching a couple of them every day. Worse, it's not even a wonder. I expect the others to be Pineco and Sudowoodos despite having wonder's already caught.

The gen 2 10k eggs are hell. I've gotten so many Gligar and Mantines from them I may very well smash my phone if it keeps happening. But not a single Miltank!

Must have cleared around 2000 stops since Gen 2 started and only have one evolution item from my first 7 day streak stop to show for it. Seems excessively unlucky.

Awayze

Neo Member
I've only hatched 10 10km eggs since the game came out but my 5km eggs are atrocious, it's Niantic's way of getting you to spend money on incubators but I'll carry on using the infinity incubator, one egg at a time.
I want a wonder Mareep.

Been a crap week for me. Firstly I never managed to catch a party Pikachu.
I was busy Sunday and didn't hit a single Pokestop, so lost my streak, and had to go today without hitting one too so that it would re-sync with my catch bonus.
My hatches have been abysmal... I've only ever hatched one Gen 2 Pokemon, a Phanpy, and apart from that it's just been a load of crap like Nidoran/Shellder.
Not had an evolution item since the first week either.

When is the next migration happening?

Joni

Local nest turned into Digglet nest. Current nests marked on TheSilphRoad all turned into stuff I don't need and tracker is down so I can't find it at least one turned into something useable. I'll have to travel a bit further it seems this time around or it will be a boring two weeks.

sam777

Must have cleared around 2000 stops since Gen 2 started and only have one evolution item from my first 7 day streak stop to show for it. Seems excessively unlucky.

Same but I probably spun less Pokestops. They definitely must have decreased the chances of getting one when you spin your 7 day streak, as I have done two more streaks since.

Holding onto a few gyms is so good, have 4 so get an incubator every 4 days, and with the fact I barely play the game that's pretty much getting them faster than I use em, so give it a few weeks and I'll have a healthy supply.

Imagine having 10 gyms @__@

Also 10k hatches since gen 2: 2 Dratini, 3 Larvitar, 1 Mareep, 1 Gligar. So good.

At 120 Dratini candy and 115 Larvitar, so close to both of them. Will be great to be able to get two more 3000+ Pokemon. If I can find some level 7-9 gyms to train up they'll be set for a long time.

Holding onto a few gyms is so good, have 4 so get an incubator every 4 days, and with the fact I barely play the game that's pretty much getting them faster than I use em, so give it a few weeks and I'll have a healthy supply.

Imagine having 10 gyms @__@

Also 10k hatches since gen 2: 2 Dratini, 3 Larvitar, 1 Mareep, 1 Gligar. So good.

At 120 Dratini candy and 115 Larvitar, so close to both of them. Will be great to be able to get two more 3000+ Pokemon. If I can find some level 7-9 gyms to train up they'll be set for a long time.

I have one or two I can hold on for longer right now. Feels so good.
Few days ago I took some gyms in the evening. Had 6. The next morning I was down to two again -_-

Discovered that my Exeggcuter/Machamp combo can take down a Blissey so trained up a couple of gyms which I had trouble with previously, and got back up to 7 gyms for the first time in weeks. Hopefully still be holding onto at least 4 of them by tomorrow.

Discovered that my Executer/Machamp combo can take down a Blissey so trained up a couple of gyms which I had trouble with previously, and got back up to 7 gyms for the first time in weeks. Hopefully still be holding onto at least 4 of them by tomorrow.

Yah, find a good pokemon duo to tackle Blissey is no fun. My two exeggutor that I use for snorlax can get the job done, but it's a bit more costly than I would prefer.

Also, fuck people that run dual account to just to kick people they don't like out of gyms. Such a massive dick move.

Top Bottom