• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Joni

Hatched Ekans from a 5 KM egg so that is another old egg. I only have one potentially old egg left now, as all the others are 2 KM and 10 KM egg which I didn't have when the generation switched. Going to hatch that one now, after which I'm sure I only have Gen 2 eggs.

I have so many Partychu's, add in Santachus, they're taking up around 100 slots of my 550 mon storage, add in 50 Porygons aswell. I cant seem to push transfer on any of them.
You really one need the two strongest per hat, one as pikachu and one as Raichu.

Awayze

Neo Member
Stockport is definitely a frequent spawn point for Aerodactyl, first thing I see is an Aerodactyl at the poke stop. However, Lapras still alludes me, which was at the Trafford Centre at the same time. To get more people back into the game, I think they should spawn a rare Pokemon at the ground of one of the big football matches.

HardRojo

Went to buy a present for a friend and...

At last!
QOe5UZA.png

Then I was on my way back home after grabbing some stuff in a nearby supermarket and saw a weird shadow on the map: A FUCKING BLASTOISE!!
I rushed back to the park it was at and caught it! My first Blastoise!

Today was a good day. And also got a Sneasel, my first one.

Oxx

I've hatched 3 Pineco but all of them have been strong rather than amazing.

So much candy but I want at least something in the 80s for IV before evolving.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Finished Typhlosikn and got an iograde and evolved Porygon last night.

3 upgrade items in the last 5 days (2 sun stones though)

221 caught

Joni

- Ursaring and Party Raichu are nice additions for my collection. Getting a step closer to the gold medal like this.
- Last questionable (old or new) egg hatched into a Rhyhorn. So I still don't know if it was old or new. From now on, everything is new.
- Up to 95 evolvable Pokémon. I hope they quickly launch a double XP event because I'm running out of free space.
- Aside from Slugma, there are no easy nests anymore in the neighbourhood to extend my collection. I hope for some good nest migration thursday.

I go through 100$ worth of incubators a month right now as it is, an egg event like that would flatline my wallet!

I would also have a ton of stardust again, so I would totally be down for it.

border

What are the best and most desirable Gen 2 Pokemon in the game? I had a friend who was complaining that all the new ones are kinda garbage and not suitable for tower assault or defense, and I kinda had to concede that it seems that way. Aside from Tyranitar it seems like nothing is going to have very high CP or provide utility that the Gen1 lineup did not.

Why is it still a complete crapshoot to get good Frost and Fighting Pokemon? I blew all my Machop candy the other day and wound up with a Machoke that has two Steel moves. WTF? My first and only Lapras hatched today with two Water moves.

They really need to fix the balance in the game period. Over 200 pokemon in the game, and only 5 or 6 are really good for gym defense isn't a good look. Combine that with most of them being weak to electric and the best electric being literal cannon fodder and working on gyms can be a downright slog.

As for Gen 2, Blissey and Tyranitar so far are the two best. The elephant looking bugger can be good with the right moves. Not sure how big the electric sheep can be as I haven't gotten his 3rd form yet, but he may be good. The rest.... meh.

Marvie_3

Banned
I would be crazy about that idea until another egg hatches into Generation 1 garbage. Thank you Goldeen.
Ive gotten soooooooo many goldeens the last 2 weeks.

On the plus side, my last 4 10k eggs were ALL dratinis so I finally got a dragonite. :lol

My friend who I recommended stop by the park in LA with all the Pikachu spawns on Saturday not only ignored the advice while in LA, but drove home and THEN decided to go looking for Pikachu at our local park.

No dice. I think she was just being stubborn at that point. Trying to explain the Silph Road Atlas to her was like pulling teeth.

Since my new finds are starting to slow down, gonna make an effort to actually work on the 7 day Pokestop streak to get some Evo items.

How many stops are people spinning a day to find evo items? I haven't had any since my first, which was a 7 day streak...

Got one with the 7 day streak and 5 others through stops. I'm not counting my stops so I don't know. My total Pokestop-count is 13.794 if that helps.
But 4 out of the 6 items have been sun stones so far -_-

Replicant

Nidoran F and Nidoran M are the new Weedles. Get rid of them!

Would rather get Magikarp back from 2k eggs. Or give me Mankey or Growlithe or Koffings or Grimer from 2k eggs instead.

Joni

My friend who I recommended stop by the park in LA with all the Pikachu spawns on Saturday not only ignored the advice while in LA, but drove home and THEN decided to go looking for Pikachu at our local park.

That is strange because they drastically upped the spawn rate.

Since my new finds are starting to slow down, gonna make an effort to actually work on the 7 day Pokestop streak to get some Evo items.

That doesn't work anymore. That was only working for the first three-four days.

Awayze

Neo Member
Aerodactlyl, Hitmonlee, Himonchan, Togetic, Machoke, all caught since Friday in the same area. Missed a Meganium and another Hitmonchan by a few seconds also. Hoping a Lapras pops up some time soon but I think this is a desert biome.

That is strange because they drastically upped the spawn rate.

That doesn't work anymore. That was only working for the first three-four days.

When did the spawn rate up? We went looking twice a week and I only found one myself.

Today is the last day, right? If it's an upped spawn rate maybe the park will have something tonight.

Although at this rate I'm not sure why I'm still bending over backwards to try and find one. Literally 20 minutes away from multiple nests and she couldn't be arsed to do it but wants to complain about the spawn rate in town...

Joni

When did the spawn rate up? We went looking twice a week and I only found one myself.

Today is the last day, right? If it's an upped spawn rate maybe the park will have something tonight.

Although at this rate I'm not sure why I'm still bending over backwards to try and find one. Literally 20 minutes away from multiple nests and she couldn't be arsed to do it but wants to complain about the spawn rate in town...
It went up drastically on Thursday for me. Like go out and catch 10 in a single park while the entire city had only two to three the day earlier.

The tracker that follows my country in about 20 cities counted 8000 for today. So that is top 15.

It went up drastically on Thursday for me. Like go out and catch 10 in a single park while the entire city had only two to three the day earlier.

The tracker that follows my country in about 20 cities counted 8000 for today. So that is top 15.

Oh God, if that's the case we didn't go on Thursday like we normally do and that's the whole reason she's been petty about it.

If that's true then we might have gotten them Thursday. How much more time do we have on the event? I might want to check the park tonight.

But if the spawn rates have improved, then there's no real reason she shouldn't have found one during the weekend had she looked like she said she was going to.

Eh. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, especially when I did my due diligence.

GulAtiCa

Just hatched another Dratini. My 3rd since gen 2 fully introduced. Not complaining though, that 32 candies it gave me will come in handy.

Funny enough, as it was hatching, I was like "please not a dratini, please not a dratini." lol

HardRojo

Just hatched another Dratini. My 3rd since gen 2 fully introduced. Not complaining though, that 32 candies it gave me will come in handy.

Funny enough, as it was hatching, I was like "please not a dratini, please not a dratini." lol
I'll be like "please not a 100% IV Dratini" when mine hatches lol.

q4roel

So since the Pikachu event is over, let's predict the next one. I'd say St. Patricks with increased grass type spawns (which would be quite welcome I think) or Easter with decreased egg hatching distance, and maybe something along the lines of single use incubators per day.

So since the Pikachu event is over, let's predict the next one. I'd say St. Patricks with increased grass type spawns (which would be quite welcome I think) or Easter with decreased egg hatching distance, and maybe something along the lines of single use incubators per day.

St. Patrichs: Pikachu with a green hat.

So I finally hatched a Larvitar from a 10km egg.
It has 71% IV. Are you fucking kidding me? That's like the weakest IVs I've ever got from an egg Pokemon. So bummed right now -_-

GulAtiCa

I'll be like "please not a 100% IV Dratini" when mine hatches lol.

Speaking of which.... Just hatched another Dratini,.... Sadly no 100% IV. One day! lol

Enough to get my 4th Dragonite over 3000 cp. Plenty still left over to level up my top 3 Dragonites again once I level up (soon, have like 65k to go till I'm lv 32)

Also, I now have 201 Pokemon on my Pokedex!

Top Bottom