• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

ffs a lvl 9 gym down when i just wasted half an hour to join it this morning

at least now i know which gyms to avoid like the plague

two gyms in a nearby town still going strong in week two

Hycran

Banned
But horrible CP..

Which is actually a positive. I use my Chansey to train gyms because even though Chansey has trash CP her HP is through the roof. Any mon from 400-1200 can be beaten with some judicious dodging.

Getting 1000 rep for killing one guy? Feelsgoodman

GulAtiCa

Which is actually a positive. I use my Chansey to train gyms because even though Chansey has trash CP her HP is through the roof. Any mon from 400-1200 can be beaten with some judicious dodging.

Getting 1000 rep for killing one guy? Feelsgoodman

I tried that against a 800 CP Vaporeon. Destroyed me like a champ. lol. But, I'm much better with dodging, so might be more useful for me now.

Will be interesting to see how much CP/HP it has when it evolves in gen 2.

Found this lovely lady earlier this morning!

XzanAYl.jpg

Sadly, only a 400 CP, but extra Candies and all that.

My sisters was 1650, but it ran from her. ;___;

At least you caught yours!

Also I'm glad the buddy system is gonna be a thing.

Glad I've been using my candies for first stage evolutions, cause now I can use my walking candies for the second and third stage ones to fill out the Pokedex without hampering my leveling.

Almost halfway to lvl 24, but at this rate it may take me a couple months to make it to 25.

I like to think of candies as specially formulated power up supplements the professor gives you for patiently sending Pokemon for measurements. They will then tag and release these Pokemon you sent to the lab.

:s

acm2000

nah its definitely a meat grinding factory, ground up and pressed into "candies" which are then force fed to their own kind to fatten them up ready for the illegal street fighting

Dishwalla

Banned
Hampton Roads folks, rumor has it that Beach Garden Park off Laskin Rd. in Virginia Beach is a Charmander spawn point right now, about to go down there in a couple hours and check it out. Also the Virginia Beach Aquarium parking lot is a Ponyta hot spot right now.

Was at this park for about an hour and a half or so and caught four Charmanders and had a fifth one run from me. Maybe not quite a Charmander nest, but they do appear at a decent rate.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
great 2nd chansey to pop up on my near by list and i cant find the damn thing no matter where i went it would disappear then to top it off 2 of my 4 10k eggs hatched eevees not a good day

HardRojo

Was at this park for about an hour and a half or so and caught four Charmanders and had a fifth one run from me. Maybe not quite a Charmander nest, but they do appear at a decent rate.

My neighborhood is kind of a Charmander nest, they don't appear as often as other Pokémon but so far I've seen about 50 Charmanders I think, compared to the other starters which I've probably seen 8 of tops.

Chuckie

Got a Charmander out an egg and found 1 in the wild :O I can evolve into Charmeleon! (I won't yet of course)

Also found a Clefairy and some Nidoran. But the best Pokemon news for me is that I lost at least 4 kg haha. No wonder my jeans felt so loose.

Vipu

Banned
At lvl 28 and I have got 3x snorlax, all 300-800cp with bad iv etc...

Also few days ago it was raining like mad and i got squirtle, put my phone against my leg like always when it rains, check my phone again, i had clicked by miatake evolve on that squirtle aaaand it also had bad iv. 50 candies GONE.

Joni

I like to think of candies as specially formulated power up supplements the professor gives you for patiently sending Pokemon for measurements. They will then tag and release these Pokemon you sent to the lab.

:s
That is why there are so many pidgey. It is always the same one.

GulAtiCa

Apple Watch for Pokemon Go sounds neat. I'd totally be getting it!

... If I had an iPhone. I have an Android phone, so I guess I'm out of luck. That's nice though

Apple Watch compatibility, smart.

See this seems super weird to me. I think besides the fact that Go had insane attach rate early on they decided to delay the Go Plus because it kind of appeared it was only going to work with iOS devices originally.

Now, we've got the Apple Watch compatibility. It looks like it far succeeds at what we know the Go Plus does right now (mainly not appearing to have to keep the game open at all times) so I wonder if plans were changed at some point...perhaps the Go Plus will only work with android now? (with the idea that they want to get people to buy a Apple Watch for Go)

It's exciting for sure, but this whole business with the Go Plus is super weird to me.

Guys, I did a lucky egg mass evolution spree yesterday and I got exactly what I wanted from both of my 82% Eevees:
A Vaporeon with Water Gun+Hydro Pump (for attacking gyms) and another Vaporeon with Water Gun+Water Pulse (for defending gyms).
I haven't used a drop of stardust since I started playing so I'm sitting on ~200k.
Are these 82% Vaporeons worth a few thousand to power up?

Took my nephew for a Pokemon run. I don't play really, don't have a data plan. So I'm limited to wifi.

Took him to a Pokestop which had a Lure Module and another without one nearby. We sat there and I noticed it has free wifi. I fire the game up, catch a couple of pokemon and level up to 5.

Suddenly in the next 20mins or so I get a bunch of eggs:

I guess I got lucky, but kinda didn't really need all of them. Would be nice if I could transfer them in the future.

Masked Man

I said wow
It's insane (even if kinda fun) to think that something that's super common to you is super rare to me in my city.

My problem is I simply do not travel all that much. Even downtown Cleveland I've never seen them.

Oh well, whenever trading begins it'll help!

Visiting Cleveland right now, and it's been nice finally catching Drowzee for once! Also managed to score a few Tauros while I've been here :)

Blank!

that makes me itch all eggs should be in incubators

edit: and what the hell is up with the update they should say hey not this week guys or say something this constant silence is madness

Yeah, hate that.

Also, I went running this weekend and did a couple kilometers... logged like .5 in game though. Meanwhile, I just went outside to put the trash on the curb and gained .7. Go figure.

rc213

that makes me itch all eggs should be in incubators

edit: and what the hell is up with the update they should say hey not this week guys or say something this constant silence is madness

Too busy counting that Apple payola. I'm not sure but if they bring that to Android Wear or Pebble I might have to grab a watch.

Sometimes the game can be a real jerk:

- pidgeypidgeyweedleratratratpidgeyratspearowpidgeypidgey...
- oh! an Omanyte! I need one of those to get my 50 candies and evolve! Tap Omanyte; game spins for two seconds; jumps into catching screen, but then stops and kicks me back to the map, game is now unresponsive. No Omanyte for me.
- 10km egg hatches! It's EEVEE. Screw Eevee.
- weedleweedlecaterpieratratratratratratpidgeyweedlepidgeypidgey...

I swear, sometimes Pokemon Go is Spin Pokestops For 50XP And No Items Simulator 2016. At least I got a Scyther from another 10km egg, which is only marginally better than a Jynx or an Eevee in that it's less common but still pretty crap.

zroid

Banned
I went to the local PokeGo hotspot and for the first time ever virtually every gym in the vicinity was controlled by Instinct

it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

of course, the irony is I couldn't actually manage to get any of my own Pokémon in there within a reasonable time and without using up a ton of healing items, sooooo.... :(

Visiting Cleveland right now, and it's been nice finally catching Drowzee for once! Also managed to score a few Tauros while I've been here :)

Nice! Where are you visiting from? We have toooons of Drowzees downtown. lol.

If you're still here, between the Rock Hall and Great Lakes Science Center some really good stuff spawns in the evening, lots of non-stop Lure pokestops too!

Azuran17

Neo Member
Lttp but finally found some local pokemon deals in person. Ofc this is probably for all jcpenney.

Kinda funny coz the worker i asked, about the deal, was so indifferent about the topic. Prolly tired of seeing instink pokes. J/k :O

Dishwalla

Banned
Caught a Marowak and hatched a Diglett which gave me enough candies to evolve him into a Dugtrio. Only thirteen more Pokemon to go.

Charizard(grr almost had one)
Alakazam
Machamp
Golem
Muk
Gengar
Hitmonlee
Weezing
Lapras
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabutops
Aerodactyl

Lapras are soooo rare for me I was so happy when two hatched from eggs. even at 400 cp just having it in your dex is cool.

speaking of pokedex I finally caught my last grimer to make a muk

Screenshot_20160907_161527.png

Now all I need is Gengar and I'm done...gotta farm them ghastly at a nest I already have a pretty good haunter I want to evolve.

KingBroly

Banned
Pokemon should NOT take 25-30 Balls to catch. You either let me catch it after 5-10, or you have it run. Having it waste my time to such an annoying degree is insulting.

zroid

Banned
I just ran outside and crossed the street in my pyjamas to catch a Squirtle

...and now I have finally enough candy for a Blastoise! YASSS

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
A few days ago:
2FNDUNJl.jpg

Today:
Crwnj7MWYAAIKnC.jpg:small

CrwnkoKWYAAdRN9.jpg:small

For those who know Ingress, it's a corner with a good amount of XM but nothing worth reporting as a portal/pokestop. Pokemon spawn points are equal to Ingress' high density XM spots.

Lapras are soooo rare for me I was so happy when two hatched from eggs. even at 400 cp just having it in your dex is cool.

speaking of pokedex I finally caught my last grimer to make a muk

Screenshot_20160907_161527.png

Now all I need is Gengar and I'm done...gotta farm them ghastly at a nest I already have a pretty good haunter I want to evolve.

True. Although I had caught a wild Lapras once before as well which was 1400 and this was like 2 weeks within launch! Was a ??? rating.

Congrats on the Muk! Tons of Gastlys here, I've had my Gengar for a while!

Top Bottom