• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

A few days ago:
2FNDUNJl.jpg

Today:
Crwnj7MWYAAIKnC.jpg:small

CrwnkoKWYAAdRN9.jpg:small

For those who know Ingress, it's a corner with a good amount of XM but nothing worth reporting as a portal/pokestop. Pokemon spawn points are equal to Ingress' high density XM spots.
Any notable landmarks for all of that? Mobile phone store? Apartment?

Hycran

Banned
I tried that against a 800 CP Vaporeon. Destroyed me like a champ. lol. But, I'm much better with dodging, so might be more useful for me now.

Will be interesting to see how much CP/HP it has when it evolves in gen 2.

Some pkmn like hypno, wigglytuff, vape or S tier guys can be a problem. But judicious dodging usually does the trick.

AdanVC

LMAO I saw this on tumblr. I can't believe that description hahahah

tumblr_ob0ojv67GZ1va7w1ro1_250.jpg

tumblr_ob0ojv67GZ1va7w1ro2_250.jpg

Is it fake? If not then this game is simply GOTY to me hahaha.

zulux21

The silly Pokémon Go Plus accesoty coming to Japan on september 16th confiiiiirmed:

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/773731062954405888

Maybe tomorrow NoA will announce the release date for here.

Pokémon GO Plus, JUST AROUND THE CORNER
It’s almost here! Nintendo and The Pokémon Company just announced that Pokémon GO Plus will be available in much of the world next week, on Sept. 16.

Pokémon GO Plus is a companion device that connects to your phone over Bluetooth® Smart (the Bluetooth low energy connection designed for health and fitness applications), allowing you to keep your phone in your pocket and go about your day-to-day activities while still being able to collect valuable resources and capture even the most elusive Pokémon. We’ve been testing it here at Niantic and we love the way it allows you to blend Pokémon GO even more seamlessly into family and fitness activities. Now you’ll be able to play and enjoy your walk, run, hike, park trips or visits to the library without having to look at your screen all the time.

As you pass by a PokéStop, Pokémon GO Plus will vibrate and light up and alert you to the location. You’ll even be able to collect new items just by clicking the Pokémon GO Plus. If there’s nearby Pokémon hiding in your area you’ll be alerted with lights and vibrations; catch the Pokémon with a button on Pokémon GO Plus and then continue on your way (later, you can check your Journal to see which Pokémon you’ve just caught).

Pokémon GO Plus will be available on September 16, 2016 in most countries and later in the year in a few South American territories.

they just announced it on twitter actually :p

I will likely keep my preorder to see how it is. if i could use it at work that would be great :p

AdanVC

they just announced it on twitter actually :p

I will likely keep my preorder to see how it is. if i could use it at work that would be great :p

Ahhhh my bad, they actually announced it first for the west but didn't see the tweet :( Kinda tempted to buy one to see if this could really improve gameplay somehow. If not, then it could be a cool clothing accesory at least haha.

GulAtiCa

I might get it. Be nice to not always need my phone out. Should save battery. Be nice to maybe have more accurate egg hatcher. I assume this would count via steps.

Only downside is I'll likely quickly look at my phone for capturing Pokemon, since I don't need to be throwing pokeballs at 200 co weedles. Lol

After that disappointing Lapras this morning I went downtown and immediately found my first Golduck and Exeggute.....and was a couple minutes late for an Electrode

It was way too hot to walk a lot today

zulux21

I might get it. Be nice to not always need my phone out. Should save battery. Be nice to maybe have more accurate egg hatcher. I assume this would count via steps.

Only downside is I'll likely quickly look at my phone for capturing Pokemon, since I don't need to be throwing pokeballs at 200 co weedles. Lol

it doesn't actually sound like you use pokeballs from their pr post sounds like.

it sounds like it just notifies you there is a pokemon nearby and doesn't let you know what one, and you just touch a button to catch it and find out what it is later.

i really just want it to track eggs while at work, which I hope it will do. I will just keep it in my pocket and ideally pick up a few KM between breaks.

though my GPS doesn't work amazingly in the back of the store, but it would still be nice if it can do it in general.

will suck if you have to click passenger away though as I often get that with a spotty GPS signal lol.

it also doesn't say anything about IOS only on the press release so I wonder if they managed to fix that thanks to the delay.

either way I will keep my preorder assuming these will still sell out and thus can easily sell mine at cost or for a small profit if I don't like it.

SecondStage

Neo Member
Late night Pokemon Go is best Pokemon Go. Just caught my first Arcanine! I seem to find rare spawns more at night than anything else. I was waiting to evolve one I got from an egg but i'll take this too. CP isn't great but it will deal with the grass pokemon infestation around my area.

Biske

Hatched an Aerodactyl, managed to lock down 3rd yellow gym (have been in 2 yellow gyms for over a week) life is good.

MANUELF

Banned
Saw an Omanyte for the first time clicked it to catch it, the game gets stuck loading and when it finally loads I got an error and Omanyte was gone ;_;

Saw an Omanyte for the first time clicked it to catch it, the game gets stuck loading and when it finally loads I got an error and Omanyte was gone ;_;

It happened exactly the same with Kabuto on my end haha.
But luckily i found him again later in other area so i can fill my dex. Still nowhere close to get a Kabutops though.

And my Omanyte stuck at 43 candies since i cant never find him again :/.
Buddy cant come soon enough...

GeoGonzo

A few days ago:
[...]
Today:
[...]
For those who know Ingress, it's a corner with a good amount of XM but nothing worth reporting as a portal/pokestop. Pokemon spawn points are equal to Ingress' high density XM spots.

Ah! That explains the hordes of Pokemon spawning at an hotel in Jaisalmer. I actually have a screenshot with 10 pokemon on screen, but no pokestops in sight.

Yeah got a perfect HP and Attack Dratini and apprailas gave me less than 80%. 😫 The Defense must have sucked really badly for it to have less than 80% perfect IV.

This is why I don't get my hopes up. Catching +90% IV pokemon is rare. I only have less than 10 +90% pokemon. :(

I have a very nice Seadra with good IV but his moveset is like:
Dragonbreath / Dragon pulse

You think its good to counter Dragonite?
I always like Seadra and Kingdra so want to invest in him a bit but not sure if he's worth it. Horsea is rare in my area though, so manage to get this Seadra already costed me a lot of time.

Edited: Forget what i said =.=. There's no chance at all. Better wait until i can evolve him into a Kingdra to see the light =.=

JoeM86

GO Plus System Requirements have also been given
iOS
Operating System: iOS 8 - 9
Models: iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus
Android
Operation System: Android 4.4 - 6.0
Requirements: 2GB of RAM, Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0 or higher)
Niantic have also put out a list of devices they have tested the device works with. Other devices should work if they match the requirements, but there is no guarantee
iOS Devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
Android Devices: AQUOS Xx2 mini, AQUOS Xx3 506SH, ARROWS Fit F-01H, Galaxy A8 SCV32, GALAXY Active neo SC-01H, GALAXY Note Edge, Nexus 5, Nexus 6(XT1100), Nexus 6P(Softbank), Qua phone KYV37, TORQUE G02 KYV35, Xperia Z2 SO-03F, Xperia Z3 SO-01G, Xperia Z5 Compact SO-02H
09:58: We also have details of how the game looks on the smartphone when the device is connected. When it is, an image of the GO Plus hovers on screen. When you're in range on a Pokémon or a PokéStop, when the Pokémon GO activates and detects it, it will point it out on the screen showing what the GO Plus is pointing at. This is useful if you are in range of multiple things at once so you're able to see what the GO Plus is activating if you have your phone open

MANUELF

Banned
GO Plus System Requirements have also been given
iOS
Operating System: iOS 8 - 9
Models: iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus
Android
Operation System: Android 4.4 - 6.0
Requirements: 2GB of RAM, Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0 or higher)
Niantic have also put out a list of devices they have tested the device works with. Other devices should work if they match the requirements, but there is no guarantee
iOS Devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
Android Devices: AQUOS Xx2 mini, AQUOS Xx3 506SH, ARROWS Fit F-01H, Galaxy A8 SCV32, GALAXY Active neo SC-01H, GALAXY Note Edge, Nexus 5, Nexus 6(XT1100), Nexus 6P(Softbank), Qua phone KYV37, TORQUE G02 KYV35, Xperia Z2 SO-03F, Xperia Z3 SO-01G, Xperia Z5 Compact SO-02H
09:58: We also have details of how the game looks on the smartphone when the device is connected. When it is, an image of the GO Plus hovers on screen. When you're in range on a Pokémon or a PokéStop, when the Pokémon GO activates and detects it, it will point it out on the screen showing what the GO Plus is pointing at. This is useful if you are in range of multiple things at once so you're able to see what the GO Plus is activating if you have your phone open
A Moto 4G Plus can work then?

cHinzo

Ok guys what shall I do? I almost got enough candies for a Dragonite. I got a 14/11/13 84,4% IV Dratini from an egg, who's level 20. I also got a 15/15/10 89,9% IV Dragonair, but she's only level 8. It would cost an additional 40k dust and 40 candies to get them on the same level if I evolve my Dragonair. Is it worth it, or should I just go with the higher level Dratini? The difference is +1 attack, +4 def and +12 CP for the Dragonair, but the Dratini will get +2 HP.

I've been playing since begin July and these guys are hard to find over here and dnno if it's worth to drop 40k dust and a lot more Dratini candies for it. :D

MANUELF

Banned
Ok guys what shall I do? I almost got enough candies for a Dragonite. I got a 14/11/13 84,4% IV Dratini from an egg, who's level 20. I also got a 15/15/10 89,9% IV Dragonair, but she's only level 8. It would cost an additional 40k dust and 40 candies to get them on the same level if I evolve my Dragonair. Is it worth it, or should I just go with the higher level Dratini? The difference is +1 attack, +4 def and +12 CP for the Dragonair, but the Dratini will get +2 HP.

I've been playing since begin July and these guys are hard to find over here and dnno if it's worth to drop 40k dust and a lot more Dratini candies for it. :D
Is dragonair a 25 candies evolution? If so you only use 15 more candies and the Stardust to level your better Dragonair to Dragonite, but remember to only level it up if it gets good attacks

Firemind

If it isn't that much difference, I'd just evolve the higher CP one. Even if it has shitty moves, you can use it as gym defender fodder.

My highest Dratini is 15/14/14 with 43 CP :lol

cHinzo

Is dragonair a 25 candies evolution? If so you only use 15 more candies and the Stardust to level your better Dragonair to Dragonite, but remember to only level it up if it gets good attacks

No it's like 65 candies difference, but -25 for the evolution from Dratini to Dragonair.

GulAtiCa

Pretty good morning so far.

Hatched a Diglet, so was able to finally evolve that! Caught a Bulbasaur. Also finally found a Lickitung! Even found a Squirtle in same area.

Sadly, there seemed to be a Snorlax near me when I was getting close to work but it disappeared as soon as I was on top of it. At least I already had one.

Vipu

Banned
When will they seriously fix that grimer bug?!
I literally cant play now, there is grimer defending on top of gym so game crashes if im at range, in centrum...
Small city so there is nothing anywhere else than in center, guess i have to hope someone takes that gym down someday.

GulAtiCa

When will they seriously fix that grimer bug?!
I literally cant play now, there is grimer defending on top of gym so game crashes if im at range, in centrum...
Small city so there is nothing anywhere else than in center, guess i have to hope someone takes that gym down someday.

Is this a bug only when it's in a gym? I have hatched and found 2 grimers recently, and my phone is fine. Though, my phone is brand new.

I kinda assume it's a phone issue. What phone do you have? You should report this to them.

Vipu

Banned
Is this a bug only when it's in a gym? I have hatched and found 2 grimers recently, and my phone is fine. Though, my phone is brand new.

I kinda assume it's a phone issue. What phone do you have? You should report this to them.
If its anywhere.
Its known bug with older phones, mine is lg g2. I have also reported it to niantic close to launch.

zroid

Banned
Ummm... suddenly any time I engage a Pokémon, my screen goes white and the encounter never starts.

that's... not ideal

edit: welp, even reinstalling the app didn't fix it. not really sure what to do.

Dishwalla

Banned
Grimer don't crash my game, but Growlithe and Arcanine does for some reason. Not wild ones, but whenever I try and view the ones I have caught or the Pokedex data it crashes. Not sure why.

Playing on an iPhone 6.

Nightbird

Ummm... suddenly any time I engage a Pokémon, my screen goes white and the encounter never starts.

that's... not ideal

edit: welp, even reinstalling the app didn't fix it. not really sure what to do.

I had this issue too a few weeks ago. How's your Highspeed Data plan?

Because once i started surfing with 53,6 kbit/s, the game had the same issues for me

GulAtiCa

Actually, there is one thing that crashes my game. Sometimes after power leveling a gym an then putting my Pokemon in it sometimes crashes my phone.. Weird. The Pokemon I place is still there, just phone completely crashes.

zroid

Banned
I had this issue too a few weeks ago. How's your Highspeed Data plan?

Because once i started surfing with 53,6 kbit/s, the game had the same issues for me

the connection definitely shouldn't be a problem, unless there's something wrong with my phone... I'm using wifi atm but it's LTE otherwise.

sigh

Nightbird

the connection definitely shouldn't be a problem, unless there's something wrong with my phone... I'm using wifi atm but it's LTE otherwise.

sigh

Do you have an Ivysaur?

Loading Ivysaur's 3D model causes the game to go into a state that stops loading all Pokémon 3D model graphics.
This includes selecting a Pokémon adjacent to Ivysaur on your list.
Clicking a wild Pokémon in this state causes a white screen of death.
The issue can be removed by restarting the app.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I'm just explaining what I experienced, but it seems that multiple other users have reported this issue as well.
Not sure if this is temporary and I'm not sure whether it affects different phone models or iOS.
Also, I'm almost 100% certain that I've accessed my Ivysaur after the last app update so this must be a server-side issue. I only noticed it today.

JoeM86

Well, I'll be getting an Apple Watch so I can properly cover this version for all 12 people that will care about it :p

Top Bottom