• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

HardRojo

How likely is it that this guy is a cheater? Game has only been out for a month in Peru and he's already at level 35.

O3cGYNK.jpg

Nightbird

To be honest, I've curious about botting for a while, and have been debating with myself if it's bad or not.

I'm not interested in Gyms or anything, I just wanna see for myself what the experience would be like if I were somewhere else in the world in terms of wild encounters.

Is that bad?

Microtransactions got me :(

I spent €4.99 on the 550 coin pack to get two inventory upgrades and an incubator. I feel dirty now, supporting business practices like this, but I also enjoy the game so maybe they deserve that small bit of cash.

To be honest, I've curious about botting for a while, and have been debating with myself if it's bad or not.

I'm not interested in Gyms or anything, I just wanna see for myself what the experience would be like if I were somewhere else in the world in terms of wild encounters.

Is that bad?
make a throwaway account then try it out for a few levels before they ban you

cHinzo

Microtransactions got me :(

I spent €4.99 on the 550 coin pack to get two inventory upgrades and an incubator. I feel dirty now, supporting business practices like this, but I also enjoy the game so maybe they deserve that small bit of cash.
How dare you support a game you enjoy playing! Disgusting.

KingBroly

Banned
Last night some guys were attacking a Gym via GPS spoofing. I was there, and no one else was around.

Of course, it was Team Instinct. Again. I'm not even surprised anymore. It's always that team that ends up being cheaters in my area.

Firemind

Wtf got a Rhydon with 98% perfection, Mud Slap and Earthquake and it's not even 1300 cp at lvl. 20. I guess it could make a good Snorlax counter?

AdanVC

How likely is it that this guy is a cheater? Game has only been out for a month in Peru and he's already at level 35.

Clearly a cheater. Not even the most legit person playing this since day one could reach that level so far. Unless you're playing 24/7 and traveling like crazy just like on the RPG games.

More findings today!

UZ7DzBs.png
htAvWoQ.png
OAGRL5g.png

Second wild Poliwhirl and Raichu for me. Plus this is now my 4th 1400+ Snorlax. Another good Gym defender like my last one!

Is there a cap on how much you can power up your pokemon? I'm afraid that when the buddy system comes out people will be walking with their Snorlaxes and get nearly unbeatable 5000 CP defenders.

bryt

Saw a Slowbro while on the skytrain yesterday. Got off at the next stop and booked it. Caught it with a minute to spare. Now I'm at 125 caught.

WPS

I think I may be on to a winning gym. I put a mid-level flareon, along with my brother's low level Pinsir on it, and its still there over a day later. It's the first gym I've successfully claimed twice on. Considering I saw it change twice while I was there, I can only assume someone else from team mystic has parked a dragonite or something there, or the weather's been far too bad for anyone to go near it.

Defence-wise, it has the advantage of being in a very poor coverage area for internet and gps, on account of most of the accessible area around it is underground and it being probably one of the highest altitude pokémon gym's on the planet.

-

On a different note, I am now convinced the going-too-fast message is bugged beyond repair. It has on several occasions popped up while the game insists it can't find my location.

Double D

You've never held a gym for longer than 2 days? Jeez. I've actually never battled once. Well, I tried once, got flustered, and never tried again. And that was about a month ago. Since then I just look for Gyms with open spaces. I've put my 'mons in two of them. The first one lasted for 5 days and I'm currently on my 6th day in the second.

If you transfer all of 1 type of pokemon, you'll still have the candy for the future, right? I've been holding on to 1 of everything out of fear I'll lose the candy if I don't have any of the actual mons

Falawful

Last night some guys were attacking a Gym via GPS spoofing. I was there, and no one else was around.

Of course, it was Team Instinct. Again. I'm not even surprised anymore. It's always that team that ends up being cheaters in my area.
Weird, it's the opposite here. Hardly see any yellow gyms, whereas Mystic is a bot plague (and legit players too, obviously, but still). Some towns have 3 or 4 gyms within a couple miles of each other that are level 8+ Mystic ones. Think it's time for a truce with Valor lol.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
that i have no clue ive culled my heard of pokemon i trashed anything that didnt have good iv and move set

edit: i bet it would do the same thing like when your bags are full and you try and take a stop and you get nothing

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah but the room in my 250 box is getting rather tight and i don't even have a dozen snorlaxes and arcanines lying around

just take all the bad ones to "candyland"

edit: although in the name of science you could try and catch something when your box is full to see what happens if it dosnt at least give you the candy that would be fucked

Red Fire

i wonder what happens if your pokemon box is full. will you still see wild pokemon? will your eggs hatch?

When your box is full you will still see pokemon on the map, but when you tap on them you will get a message. So you can't catch them.

Eggs are counted as pokemon, so when you have 250 pokemon and 9 eggs, you actually have 241 pokemon and 9 eggs. So eggs will hatch no matter what.

UP to 128 caught. When the hell is this buddy system going out? I'm excited but also frustrated. This is my first pokemon game so I had no clue Dratini were rare and worth keeping. I have like 16 candy from finding four and cashing in for the candy. Now I have no dratini to buddy up with when they update comes.

I'm just wondering when the hell the expanded tracking system is rolling out worldwide. It would be a godsend on campus, since there's literally hundreds of stops.

zulux21

I'm just wondering when the hell the expanded tracking system is rolling out worldwide. It would be a godsend on campus, since there's literally hundreds of stops.

it's looking more and more likely that it will be next week when pokemon go plus releases.

it would make sense to do a big update with buddies, and new tracking and what not in order to get people to go.

"AWESOME NEW STUFF IN POKEMON GO... OOH SHINY NEW POKEMON GO WATCH THING MUST BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Going to Berlin for the weekend (Lollapalooza festival), will be my first time playing this game abroad, looking forward to the spawns. Treptower park (where the festival is) supposedly has a lot of growlithes so that's nice.

Going to Berlin for the weekend (Lollapalooza festival), will be my first time playing this game abroad, looking forward to the spawns. Treptower park (where the festival is) supposedly has a lot of growlithes so that's nice.

California has a shit ton of them.

Saw a gym with like 6 Arcanines in it once.

I took it down in like 10 min.

Weird, it's the opposite here. Hardly see any yellow gyms, whereas Mystic is a bot plague (and legit players too, obviously, but still). Some towns have 3 or 4 gyms within a couple miles of each other that are level 8+ Mystic ones. Think it's time for a truce with Valor lol.

I feel this way sometimes.

That's how it is most towns. Yesterday I saw an Instinct player trying to level a yellow gym to max. He was getting close, but an opposing team started chipping it down. It must have been frustrating for the Instinct player, because there were several nearby level 9 and 10 Blue gyms that were not even being touched. Valor isn't much better than off than Instinct.

I'm still getting 40-50 coins on most days, but I would be getting even more if there were actually some Yellow gyms out there.

JavyOO7

Found a Jynx near my job today, by a park. That was neat, I wasn't sure if it even appeared on sightings or not. Oh well, 96/96 now.

AdanVC

Guys, what just happened with my Golem!? :'( It had 1202 CP and 89% IV so I simply power it up once and he increased to 1233 CP but then I checked his IVs and he is now at 60%!!! What the heck?? I thought IVs stayed the same on each Pokemon no matter if you evolve them or power them up! Should I power him up again to see if my Golem increase it's IVs again? So sad because it was a pain to evolve him. Ugh.

Guys, what just happened with my Golem!? :'( It had 1202 CP and 89% IV so I simply power it up once and he increased to 1233 CP but then I checked his IVs and he is now at 60%!!! What the heck?? I thought IVs stayed the same on each Pokemon no matter if you evolve them or power them up! Should I power him up again to see if my Golem increase it's IVs again? So sad because it was a pain to evolve him. Ugh.

IVs don't change, so somewhere along the line you were mistaken.

Which IV Calculator did you use?

GulAtiCa

Interesting day so far. Caught like 3 Squirtles, a bulbasaur, hatched a bulbasaur (sadly IV not in the 80s+), caught my 1st Lickitung this morning. Saw a Snorlax too, but couldn't get to it in time.. Then on my run, saw/caught another Lickitung! Very weird.

Though, the 2nd Lickitung took like 8 ultra balls.. My 1st Lickitung was caught in like 1 lol

Edit: Caught a Warturtle!

Sound like you either entered the values incorrectly before or after powering up OR you were given a range between something and 89% and powering it up refined the range down to 60%.

In other news, I decided to take a break from the soul crushing, leg killing hunt for a good Arcanine to the much easier hunt for a good Magneton for Lapras training. Sadly, there was only one 82%+ Magnemite out of the 70+ Magnemite/ton caught, and it's level 7. I don't have nearly the dust or the desire to power it up from 7 to 28.5 (soon to be 29.5) so I ended up evolving the three highest level, one tier below 82% IV instead and got a Spark/Discharge and a Spark/Flash Cannon (and a Thunder Shock/Discharge, but meh) out of them, so they should do for now.

Top Bottom