• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

AdanVC

IVs don't change, so somewhere along the line you were mistaken.

Maybe I forgot to fill some info? Will double check!

Which IV Calculator did you use?

I use this one

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

And here is a screenshot of what it says about Golem. Before power it up, it used to say 89.8% on the Average line, but now has lowered to 63.5 : / Maybe I simply don't know how to read IV info properly haha.

sinttulou3yhl.jpg

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Any notable landmarks for all of that? Mobile phone store? Apartment?
Absolutely nothing. When I saw it in Ingress 3 or so years ago, I thought there was something there (the rumour was that portals would be approved faster if there was a good amount of XM in the area, meaning lots of people met there), but really, nothing worth reporting.

Ah! That explains the hordes of Pokemon spawning at an hotel in Jaisalmer. I actually have a screenshot with 10 pokemon on screen, but no pokestops in sight.
This is a view of home, there is some more XM near me, but I absorbed it before the screenshot triggered. I get pokemon maybe every 20 minutes, up to 3 at the same time.
iwNykmWl.jpg

I should go back here to check how a pokemon zoo looks like.
14%2B-%2B1

How likely is it that this guy is a cheater? Game has only been out for a month in Peru and he's already at level 35.
Report it, and let Niantic do the work. When it launched here every gym was filled with those guys. Now I see only a few L30 or L31, but I see some dudes with limited-edition pokemon around, I report them because they are most likely cheaters.

I use this one

And here is a screenshot of what it says about Golem. Before power it up, it used to say 89.8% on the Average line, but now has lowered to 63.5 : / Maybe I simply don't know how to read IV info properly haha.

The calculator doesn't give exact data - like it says, there are 16 possible IV configurations for your Pokémon, given the data you put in. Those configurations can range anywhere from the minimum to the max. The average is merely the mean of those potential values and isn't particularly meaningful - so, it's entirely possible your pictured Pokémon could still be as low as 35.6% or as high as 91.1%. Since that's a pretty broad range, you need to refine a lot more to strip out a majority of those 16 possibilities and get a close approximation.

That said, using the in-game appraisal tool you can narrow the rough range down a lot without having to do a single upgrade and refinement.

AdanVC

The calculator doesn't give exact data - like it says, there are 16 possible IV configurations for your Pokémon, given the data you put in. Those configuration can range anywhere from the minimum to the max. The average is merely the mean of the potential values - it's entirely possible your Pokémon could still be as low as 35.6% or as high as 91.1%. Since that's a pretty broad range, you need to refine a lot more to get a close approximation. That said, using the in-game appraisal tool you can narrow the rough range down a lot without having to do a single upgrade.

Wow. this is some super useful info. Thank you so much for the explanation and for that link! Will literally study that to know an approx of what Blanche (Team mystic here) says compared to the IV calculations. Fortunately, Blanche says my Golem is a breathtaking Pokémon so according to the table, it's among the high IV category wich is a relief. I truly thought he lowered his power or something. IVs can be a bit of a headache sometimes, but that's what you gotta suffer to be the very best! ™ Hhaha. Onca again, thanks!

Memles

Stumbled into a solid evening of PokemonGO-ery—lots of Squirtle spawns (and a Wartortle that sadly had low IVs and wasn't worth evolving instead) meant I was able to get to 125 and a bit beyond for a Blastoise and some decent powering up afterwards (it's Bite/Hydro Pump, so I'm not gonna go crazy or anything), 5k eggs got me to Vileplume and Dugtrio, a 10k egg hatched a Chancey (my first), a Clefairy nest puts me in position to grab Clefable next time I use a lucky egg, and caught the last Nidoran female for Nidoqueen,

Will be at 131 when that's done, and can hopefully start filling in the gaps when the buddy system arrives.

Today was a wonderful egg day. Hatched 2 Gastlys, giving me about a 20 candy boost towards Gengar, a Cubone which gave me enough for Marowak, and a 100% perfect Staryu!

Please mighty Arceus, grant him Hydro Pump upon his evolution.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not even level 20. It's super rare for things to run away from me, or pop out on the first bounce.

I probably haven't gotten an Excellent throw in a month. Tonight, it finally happened. Pidgey! Curveball! Excellent!

It instantly popped out on the first bounce and ran away. :'(

I'm not even level 20. It's super rare for things to run away from me, or pop out on the first bounce.

I probably haven't gotten an Excellent throw in a month. Tonight, it finally happened. Pidgey! Curveball! Excellent!

It instantly popped out on the first bounce and ran away. :'(

Pidgey still gives me some hope. Weedle and Caterpie seem to hate me to the max extent ;_;. I have trouble with even ~100cp ones now so i just throw a ball and call it a day :v.

Its a game i like so i dont want to be really frustrated while playing haha

Got my Sandslash today. I had to hatch four Sandshrews just to get it, since I've never seen one in the wild. It's a shame that Sandslash has such low CP, because mine has Mud Shot and Earthquake. This is the only moveset that actually doesn't suck, so I got very lucky.

I'm still salty that my Nidoqueen didn't get Poison Jab. That's all I really wanted, because all of her charge moves are great. I got Stone Edge, which is fantastic, but I'm still disappointed because of Bite. I would rather have a Poison Jab + Sludge Wave Nidoqueen than my current one.

I'm 22 candies away from Nidoking, and he desperately needs to get Poison Jab. I'm not too fussed about his charge move, since they are all strong. Sludge Wave would be best since Ground and Bug moves aren't that effective against the common Gym defenders.

Continuing with Ground types, I still have not seen Diglett or Dugtrio. I also found my first wild Cubone today, and I hatched my first one just a week ago.

Finally got a Sea King after seeing several on nearby and not having time to go hunt for it or it just not popping up

Spawned in my house and it's 1149 CP to boot!

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
Got my Sandslash today. I had to hatch four Sandshrews just to get it, since I've never seen one in the wild. It's a shame that Sandslash has such low CP, because mine has Mud Shot and Earthquake. This is the only moveset that actually doesn't suck, so I got very lucky.

I'm still salty that my Nidoqueen didn't get Poison Jab. That's all I really wanted, because all of her charge moves are great. I got Stone Edge, which is fantastic, but I'm still disappointed because of Bite. I would rather have a Poison Jab + Sludge Wave Nidoqueen than my current one.

I'm 22 candies away from Nidoking, and he desperately needs to get Poison Jab. I'm not too fussed about his charge move, since they are all strong. Sludge Wave would be best since Ground and Bug moves aren't that effective against the common Gym defenders.

Continuing with Ground types, I still have not seen Diglett or Dugtrio. I also found my first wild Cubone today, and I hatched my first one just a week ago.

If you're going to be using your Nidoking for offence instead of defending, I think you'll probably be fine even if you get Fury Cutter despite the lack of STAB, since it's got amazing charge build under manual control, as long as you don't get a bad special to go with it.

Personally I'd prefer my good Nidorino turns into a FC/EQ Nidoking, but I'll be happy with it as long as it doesn't get Megahorn.

jts

...hate me...
Been getting a few new ones lately, including a Mr. Mime, so I broke the 100 barrier. Have 3 or 4 new evos ready and another 4-5 to be ready soon. Another handful soonish.

After that :|

vomitself

Neo Member
you can catch those 2000+ cp pokemon in the wild they show up as ???? at level 25 you should be getting some crazy pokemon soon

Maybe if you live in a super hotspot, idk. I'm level 26 and the highest CP wild Pokémon I've seen are a 1470 Weezing and a 1463 Vaporeon. My highest overall is an evolved 1579 Vaporeon.

Those low level 20 peeps must have invested a lot of dust, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm saving mine for the good stuff (good IVs and moves). Don't really need them for attacking and I'm content with cashing in 1-4 gyms daily for now, as I'd rather walk around to catch & hatch than spending my Pokétime sitting around battling gyms.

jts

...hate me...
Haven't caught a ???? CP in a looooooong time, I'm level 22.

Also, came to a big city and decided to max out my storage and get it over with. Already almost hitting the 1000 items, LOL

After that it's time to drop small-time potions and revives, and after that, regular Pokeballs, to improve my quality item ratio.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Nothing better than waking up and having a Snorlax waiting to be caught. A pity it's just 322 CP. And yes,he's stomping that caterpie.
16%2B-%2B1

I use this one
Try GoIV. It got a few bugs, but it's pretty easy to use (although I'm not sure it supports powered up pokemon, and the option to power up to continue adjusting the options is off in the latest build).

I use this one

I swear by that but as someone else has already said, it doesn't give your Pokemon's exact IV% (unless, of course, there's only one possible combination or if all possible combinations are the same number). So yeah, just keep that in mind. :)

ghostmind

There was a second message when I started the app this morning (after the warning message), but I clicked through it by accident.

Anyone get it and knows what it said?

GulAtiCa

I hope they fix the damn Ivysaur 3D bug. There was one near me, and of course I couldn't get it...

In happier news, just claimed 9 gyms. That's a new record for me. I placed Pokemon in 5 gyms last night (+2 the 2 that are safe for long time lol) for 7 total before going to bed. Woke up this morning and they were surprising still there. Placed 2 more on my way to work and collected on 9. Crazy.

Lost 2 gyms between 1 AM and 8 AM this morning. Who the fuck was out playing at that hour on a weekday?

Oh well, still had 7 to claim this morning.

Oxx

I was sad when I got Eevee in a 10k, but a Mankey, Ponyta, and Growlithe popped-out of 5k eggs afterwards giving me enough candy to get my first Primeape and Rapidash.

So it was a good walk after all.

AdanVC

Nothing better than waking up and having a Snorlax waiting to be caught. A pity it's just 322 CP. And yes,he's stomping that caterpie.
16%2B-%2B1

Try GoIV. It got a few bugs, but it's pretty easy to use (although I'm not sure it supports powered up pokemon, and the option to power up to continue adjusting the options is off in the latest build).

It looks like Snorlax and Caterpie were just hanging out chillin on the streets and now your separate them forever :( (Unless you catch them both lmao). Thanks for the link! Will definitely check it out. But it seems it's only for Android?? :( iOS user here. It's in moments like this were I wish I was an Android user! Having the little app open on screen like that is super useful.

I swear by that but as someone else has already said, it doesn't give your Pokemon's exact IV% (unless, of course, there's only one possible combination or if all possible combinations are the same number). So yeah, just keep that in mind. :)

Thanks for the info! Before this I thought the "Average" line was the one who gave you the exact IV% but not at all! I will keep that in mind :)

Mik2121

Do we know when the next update is and what it will include? I assume the buddy system will be introduced? As far as I know they said they'd update every two weeks and if I'm not wrong this weekend would be the time for the next update. Any chances?

rc213

There was a second message when I started the app this morning (after the warning message), but I clicked through it by accident.

Anyone get it and knows what it said?

Probably just the game warning about getting out of bed too fast, Don't be a speed demon warning.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Do we know when the next update is and what it will include? I assume the buddy system will be introduced? As far as I know they said they'd update every two weeks and if I'm not wrong this weekend would be the time for the next update. Any chances?

they were supposed to put the update out on wednesday but that came and went without them saying a damn word but yes it should have the buddy system included and hopefully they release that tracking system update

Lost 2 gyms between 1 AM and 8 AM this morning. Who the fuck was out playing at that hour on a weekday?

Oh well, still had 7 to claim this morning.

people like me who work nights i do most of my gym capturing on my way to work at 11:30pm and during my lunch break at 4am

they were supposed to put the update out on wednesday but that came and went without them saying a damn word but yes it should have the buddy system included and hopefully they release that tracking system update
Were they "supposed to"? Again, the two week thing wasn't a hard promise or guarantee, just a targeted general time scale. Sometimes it will be longer, sometimes it will be shorter.

jts

...hate me...
Damn what a sensational simultaneous hatch just now.

Finally got a Charmander!
Got enough Ponyta candy to finally get a Rapidash.
Got enough Dratini candy to finally get a Dragonair.

And they all look decent! Haven't checked their IVs though.

GeoGonzo

Were they "supposed to"? Again, the two week thing wasn't a hard promise or guarantee, just a targeted general time scale. Sometimes it will be longer, sometimes it will be shorter.
Correct, they never even hinted at a date, some people simply assumed it could have happened this week. Then again, if it had been ready for this week they probably wouldn't have bothered to announce the feature as "coming soon", they simply would have dropped it on us.

I'm with those who say its probably happening next week, along with the new tracking and the release of the pokemon go plus accessory.

cHinzo

Mygawd, finally got enough candies to evolve my best Jigglypuff and it got the worst moveset of all time.... OF ALL TIME! >____> It was suppose to be my mini-Snorlax. ;__; They can't even give me this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
New error for me: tried battling a gym just now and got an error as soon as I started the fight. Kept happening. I could pick the fighters, start, but then I'd get kicked out. Restarting didn't help, so I had to leave.

BowieZ

Banned
What would be fun is a Candy Store where you can use coins to buy candies. Also there could be a pachinko-type machine where you use special candy dollars found in the wild to win candies.

Azole

Neo Member
What would be fun is a Candy Store where you can use coins to buy candies. Also there could be a pachinko-type machine where you use special candy dollars found in the wild to win candies.

How is it fun buying candies with coins? Those who spend money on coins will further get an advantage. Sure you can fight gyms for coins but what are the odds of you getting 100 coins per day? This just makes it too easy to level (pidgeys) and make evolution too easy... Sure this will be helpful for the rural people where spawns are not as common but just makes the game pointless...

Joni

New error for me: tried battling a gym just now and got an error as soon as I started the fight. Kept happening. I could pick the fighters, start, but then I'd get kicked out. Restarting didn't help, so I had to leave.

Wait 10 minutes. That is the solution. The gym either added a fighter after you started your first fight, or you wandered out of range during that fight.

I hate that a Pokémon disappearing due to a connection error counts as it running away from you. I don't expect any Pokémon in my 'dex to have a 100% catch rate, but it's still annoying.

Finally evolved my Ivysaur to Venusaur. It didn't get Solar Beam but at least I'm no longer salty about a Venusaur running away two weeks ago.

Still salty about that Ninetales, though.

Top Bottom