• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

JavyOO7

Need 11 revives. Was trying, in vain, to take down an level 8 Instinct gym and ran out of revives. Then I could use a few more revives so I can try again to take down that particular gym. =p

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm ready to retire from this game until gen 2. Fulfilled my goal of a page of Dragonites (thanks to scanners), have a full regional Pokedex, have no interest in battling.
V0uxeqe.png

I still like watching videos of huge crowds. This is a good one of people running for a Lapras in Taiwan. Don't need to understand Mandarin to feel his excitement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3FsqJuBZg

Azole

Neo Member
Just went to my downtown with my brother to refill. It was on the main Street, turn left then left, take the whole street to the end, turn left and left again to get to the main Street again. We did that run three times. Tons of pokestops. Decided to use a lucky egg. In 30 mins, I was able to get 450 items and managed to get 17k exp (170 stops). Not too shabby.

BowieZ

Banned
How is it fun buying candies with coins? Those who spend money on coins will further get an advantage. Sure you can fight gyms for coins but what are the odds of you getting 100 coins per day? This just makes it too easy to level (pidgeys) and make evolution too easy... Sure this will be helpful for the rural people where spawns are not as common but just makes the game pointless...
How about when you collect your gym bonus you can elect either Pokécoins *or* Pokédimes (which could also be found in the wild). These Pokédimes could be spent on candies directly or plugged into various mini games.

KingBroly

Banned
tfw you go searching for a Mankey, only to pin it down but before you can battle it, your 5km egg hatches and it's a Mankey. Just...yeah. At least I have 2 Mankey now, but still.

New Catches:
- Mankey (2)
- Wigglytuff

Can Evolve:
- Starmie
- Kingler
- Golduck

If I were to add anything, it'd be Prestige. Lower the Cap to 30 from 40, Prestige at Lv.30
Prestige 1 - Poke Balls are now Great Balls in the Shop
Prestige 2 - Great Balls are now Ultra Balls in the Shop
Prestige 3 - Ultra Balls are now Master Balls in the Shop

I'd also like the ability to buy 1 more Permanent Egg Incubator

HardRojo

My first 100% Pokémon is a 47 CP Eevee. I want it to become a Vaporeon with Hydro Pump, but I already used Rainer and that's the only name I've used on Eevee so far.

Azole

Neo Member
My first 100% Pokémon is a 47 CP Eevee. I want it to become a Vaporeon with Hydro Pump, but I already used Rainer and that's the only name I've used on Eevee so far.

I've evolved 22 eevees... Only gotten 4 vaporeon and none with Hydropump... I gave up since I have so many other pokemons with Hydropump

Radec

I'm ready to retire from this game until gen 2. Fulfilled my goal of a page of Dragonites (thanks to scanners), have a full regional Pokedex, have no interest in battling.

I still like watching videos of huge crowds. This is a good one of people running for a Lapras in Taiwan. Don't need to understand Mandarin to feel his excitement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3FsqJuBZg

damn, and I haven't even seen one in the wild.. nor even close to evolve my Dragonair.

Nightbird

So my little Brother woke me up at 1 AM because he needed to go out an catch a Pokémon. I couldn't believe that until I saw what was nearby. A Pokémon that I only saw once on my radar before, but never spawned in my game.

So, did I manage to catch that infamous creature?

qe9eHt4.png

Yes

Mik2121

Man it would be so nice if they added some extra stuff to do in the game. I get that the main thing is to get people moving, but still...
I have my own ideas but won't post because it wouldn't help much, but I wish they'd add one or two extra layers of depth for the things you can do in the game. Right now the core loop is really all you can do (go out, capture Pokemon, make it stronger and fight at the broken gyms.

jts

...hate me...
I'd be happy with a friendlist to compare stats, feats and mons with friends, for now.

And notifications.

"Your friend just caught a 3000cp Snorlax. How does that make you feel?"

Biske

When the name trick starts working. Name em Sparky. Most times you will get a Vaporeon, sometimes flareon

Geneijin

Got my first Chansey from a 10 km egg, and she's 10/14/14 with a Pound and Hyper Beam. Can't wait to see how she levels friendly gyms.

you can catch those 2000+ cp pokemon in the wild they show up as ???? at level 25 you should be getting some crazy pokemon soon

aww yiss i'm hopeful.

grats on 25 whats your top pokemon looking like?
do you have any with good ivs and movesets that you can focus on and just dump all the dust into?

I think its starting to turn around now.

My crew so far:

The favorited ones are all 82%+ 13-15. My Vaporeon has the ideal moveset.

Also have some decent mons awaiting evolution. Notably a 100% Oddish and a Charmeleon. I feel like I have no good defenders though since everyones CP and HP is high around my area.

AdanVC

I feel desmotivated to continue battling in gyms. Literally everyone on my city is team valor and I'm team mystic so it's practically impossible to hold a gym even for a couple of hours until I easily get kicked out because there's not enough mystic defenders on that gym :( I haven't gotten a single pokecoin because of that and I've been playing since july... What's the point of getting powerful Pokémon if it's not going to be enough to hold a gym since I'm literally the only one defending? : /

Man it would be so nice if they added some extra stuff to do in the game. I get that the main thing is to get people moving, but still...
I have my own ideas but won't post because it wouldn't help much, but I wish they'd add one or two extra layers of depth for the things you can do in the game. Right now the core loop is really all you can do (go out, capture Pokemon, make it stronger and fight at the broken gyms.

Indeed. the game while moving is simply great for what it is (despite the absolutely awful and arcaic-almost-broken battle system) but it would be nice if Niantic implemented more features for when you're at home. At least something like Pokémon-amie so you can pet your Pokémon and stuff. Or even some training options to buff those weak Pokémon by playing some simple minimgames and increase their CP without having to spend on candies and powerdust, plus it'll be fun to do while you're at home.

I feel desmotivated to continue battling in gyms. Literally everyone on my city is team valor and I'm team mystic so it's practically impossible to hold a gym even for a couple of hours until I easily get kicked out because there's not enough mystic defenders on that gym :( I haven't gotten a single pokecoin because of that and I've been playing since july... What's the point of getting powerful Pokémon if it's not going to be enough to hold a gym since I'm literally the only one defending? : /

Can you hold a gym long enough to hit the Shop button and collect your gym rewards? You shouldn't need to hold a gym for longer than a minute or two to collect; the 21-hour waiting period is AFTER you collect, and determines how long you must wait before you can collect a second time.

In other words, you're actually in an amazing position, because attackers are heavily favoured in gym battles and you're always going to be attacking. So as long as you have strong enough pokes to take down a single gym and don't get sniped constantly, you should be able to collect coins.

Indeed. the game while moving is simply great for what it is (despite the absolutely awful and arcaic-almost-broken battle system) but it would be nice if Niantic implemented more features for when you're at home. At least something like Pokémon-amie so you can pet your Pokémon and stuff. Or even some training options to buff those weak Pokémon by playing some simple minimgames and increase their CP without having to spend on candies and powerdust, plus it'll be fun to do while you're at home.

You can cash out your 10 pokecoin right away once you get a gym, but that means you won't be able to cash anymore if you beat more in the next 21 hours.

AdanVC

Can you hold a gym long enough to hit the Shop button and collect your gym rewards? You shouldn't need to hold a gym for longer than a minute or two to collect; the 21-hour waiting period is AFTER you collect, and determines how long you must wait before you can collect a second time.

In other words, you're actually in an amazing position, because attackers are heavily favoured in gym battles and you're always going to be attacking. So as long as you have strong enough pokes to take down a single gym and don't get sniped constantly, you should be able to collect coins.

You can cash out your 10 pokecoin right away once you get a gym, but that means you won't be able to cash anymore if you beat more in the next 21 hours.

WAT! I DIDN'T KNEW THAT!! This is truly a Game changer for me now hah. I thought you had to stay in a gym for a whole day and then after that you could get your first rewards!

Thanks for that info, chrominance! That's basically all I do on gyms around home! And there's like 5 gyms around! Now to buff my highest IV mons!

Yaranaika

New update.

https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/posts/968304466649445

- Implemented Buddy Pokémon: Trainers will now be able to choose one of their Pokémon to be their buddy. A Trainer can earn Candy for their Buddy Pokémon by walking a certain distance.
- Made it easier to select smaller Pokémon on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where Eggs would sometimes hatch without displaying the animation.
- Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.
- Pokémon GO Plus support
- Minor text fixes.

Also, "Rooted or jailbroken devices are not supported by Pokémon GO."
That should be easy enough to bypass.

HardRojo

Have they changed what Pokémon spawn in certain points again? Just found my second Voltorb and my first ever Pikachu a few blocks away from my place.
Edit: Oh, new update is coming out today, maybe it has something to do with what I just asked?

Anyone know when the update with new Pokémons is released?

Seems unlikely they'll do it this year. There's still quite a lot of bugs to work out of the game currently, like tracking which still needs to be severely improved.

October might have been a possibility if there wasn't other updates they put out (like this buddy system and presumably the remaining Gen 1 Pokemon.

November and December are also possible, but I have this feeling that they're gonna kind of subdue their stuff with Go because they're going to be in full Sun/Moon mode at the end of the year (which will likely be a huge hit with holiday shoppers). Go would be great for holiday shoppers, but as for an update with new Pokemon I don't think we'll see that.

By the way, Pokemon Go just posted this on their facebook page a little bit ago:

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.37.0 for Android and 1.7.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

- Implemented Buddy Pokémon: Trainers will now be able to choose one of their Pokémon to be their buddy. A Trainer can earn Candy for their Buddy Pokémon by walking a certain distance.
- Made it easier to select smaller Pokémon on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where Eggs would sometimes hatch without displaying the animation.
- Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.
- Pokémon GO Plus support
- Minor text fixes.

We continue to focus on eliminating bots and scrapers from Pokémon GO. Rooted or jailbroken devices are not supported by Pokémon GO. Remember to download Pokémon GO from the official Google Play Store or iTunes App Store only.

The Pokémon GO team

AdanVC

Seems unlikely they'll do it this year. There's still quite a lot of bugs to work out of the game currently, like tracking which still needs to be severely improved.

October might have been a possibility if there wasn't other updates they put out (like this buddy system and presumably the remaining Gen 1 Pokemon.

November and December are also possible, but I have this feeling that they're gonna kind of subdue their stuff with Go because they're going to be in full Sun/Moon mode at the end of the year (which will likely be a huge hit with holiday shoppers). Go would be great for holiday shoppers, but as for an update with new Pokemon I don't think we'll see that.

By the way, Pokemon Go just posted this on their facebook page a little bit ago:

Pokemon buddy it's heeeeeeere and still not proper tracking system. Oh well. I'm ok with that as long as they don't block 3rd party trackers again :)

jts

...hate me...
OT title should have been "YOU CAN COLLECT RIGHT AWAY!!!" haha

Oh the coins I've lost 😭

Knew still had 1 Eevee evolution to perform, forgot I already had a Flareon, so now I have a Vaporeon named Pyro :|

Pachimari

The GPS position has become so damn unreliable compared to the start. Jumping all over the place, Pokemon appearing not being able to touch them, disappearing, spawning in the water etc. horrible horrible horrible.

Top Bottom