• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

I'm now up to 4 10k eggs! Halfway there to attending a 8 10k hatching event. Hopefully I gain 4 more in the next 3 weeks.

The good thing is this is saving my coins for now.

Dishwalla

Banned
Would be great if the update came out on the weekend when it would actually be useful instead if like Monday. Hoping I can get it sometime today.

KiDdYoNe

Would be great if the update came out on the weekend when it would actually be useful instead if like Monday. Hoping I can get it sometime today.
It's out on Android. Friendly Russians as always got the apk. I have no idea where they get it but after all it turns out good. Was skeptical first time.

So yeah, maybe a few hours till global release.

Oxx

I kinda want to wait around to see if the update is available before I go out, but that seems like a foolish idea.

AdanVC

Onix is plenty common around here. I've catched like 6 of them and I have see him many times... but I don't bother with Onix because he is a weaky rocky butt :( I've had one wich IVs were around 20% aprox! And the highest is around 50% with low CP as well. Maybe if he hatches from an egg could be more powerful.

Also, I just hope the buddy system doesn't be like: "Walk 5km = Earn 1 candy!"

cHinzo

rhMGkjh.jpg
Woot finally got one!

RoadDogg

While driving home this morning my son yelled out that there was a shadow. I pulled over and opened up pokemesh for him and found a scyther in someones backyard. As we drive over to see if we coukd get it from the street we notice the car in front of us stop in the middle of the road and then slowly pull up as we got behind them. I laughed and my wife said "do other people really do this?". Sure enough they turned around in the next parking lot and were in front of the house again when i circled the block. It popped up for us on the first past but my wife couldnt belive anyone else was driving around looking for pokemon.

So my question is, which one of you was it? I found a diglet a few blocks earlier and a mankey popped up near my house a few hours later. All new to me.

louiedog

I updated the app and now I can't get past the login screen. I tried disabling root but no luck. I don't cheat, I just have an old phone and use root to make it usable since HTC no longer supports it.

Vipu

Banned
Grimer bug not fixed still?
Guess i have to skip playing still somedays whenever someone puts grimers on gyms, what seems to happen a lot more now since more people start to have those.

Diabelli

lol 5km for a Dratini candy. I have to walk 590km to get a Dragonite! I guess it's a good thing it's not that easy. I think I'm just going to walk my 990cp Lapras for the candy, and just level him/her/it up.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
WAT! I DIDN'T KNEW THAT!! This is truly a Game changer for me now hah. I thought you had to stay in a gym for a whole day and then after that you could get your first rewards!

Thanks for that info, chrominance! That's basically all I do on gyms around home! And there's like 5 gyms around! Now to buff my highest IV mons!
That's something I'm not sharing with people from other factions down here, they still wait for a day til trying to collect their coins :D

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Just downloaded the APK, chose Vileplume as buddy, it requires 3KM. So, the distance is not equal to the egg hatching distance.

Is it safe to manually upgrade?
If you have the Play Store version installed, you can safely install the APK from APK Mirror. If by any chance you have downloaded a corrupted or hacked version, it will refuse to install, so you won't be banned by their servers.

- Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.
Yes! This is one of the worst bugs they had. Hopefully it also means you can turn off the phone for a few minutes, turn it on and not have to restart the application.

So I've been lucky with gyms, I have one by my house and a cluster of six that are less than 10 minutes away and they are somewhat off the beaten path. For a month I've been able to collect 7-10 gyms practically everyday. But for the past 4 days a duo where at least one is very likely a cheater has taken my good spot of gyms and with revives being so hard to get now it's very demotivating.
Report them. Also, just think that others might have been getting disappointed that you had gotten those gyms every day for a month.

So I've been lucky with gyms, I have one by my house and a cluster of six that are less than 10 minutes away and they are somewhat off the beaten path. For a month I've been able to collect 7-10 gyms practically everyday. But for the past 4 days a duo where at least one is very likely a cheater has taken my good spot of gyms and with revives being so hard to get now it's very demotivating.

Ashodin

Just downloaded the APK, chose Vileplume as buddy, it requires 3KM. So, the distance is not equal to the egg hatching distance.

If you have the Play Store version installed, you can safely install the APK from APK Mirror. If by any chance you have downloaded a corrupted or hacked version, it will refuse to install, so you won't be banned by their servers.

Yes! This is one of the worst bugs they had. Hopefully it also means you can turn off the phone for a few minutes, turn it on and not have to restart the application.

Report them. Also, just think that others might have been getting disappointed that you had gotten those gyms every day for a month.
Yeah the network switching was a big one for me. Lots of free WiFi around here I connect to every so often

Red Fire

Have they changed what Pokémon spawn in certain points again? Just found my second Voltorb and my first ever Pikachu a few blocks away from my place.
Edit: Oh, new update is coming out today, maybe it has something to do with what I just asked?

I think so too. Saw a Pinsir shadow for the first time ever yesterday and had a pikachu spawn in my house today, never happened before. Only have seen 1 wild pikachu ever until today and I'm playing since day 1 (day 2 but still).

My friend also told me he saw 2 electabuzz in the last few days. We have never seen one in our town.

Top Bottom