• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

oti

Banned
Exactly why I don't want to use an apk and will wait for store update. Mr. Hanke, the Niantic poo is way too nitpicky and ban happy.

I wouldn't had done it either but there are some reports that claim the new update will block all CyanogenMod users. That's the basic OS of my phone, the OP3. That's why I wanted to try it first before I update the app through the Store. Since it seems to be working I have no need for the APK, I can wait for the official update.

Although I have postponed my walk all day long until the update comes out lol.

lt519

Three hour layover in the airport, walking my pikachu in circles for candy. Hatched a Vulpix egg too, major score. Should have Raichu by next week easy, 30km more to go.

OYg47gS.jpg

Is there anyway to get the pw for pokemonnearby? Tried looking through about 11 pages of the thread to see if there was new post to quote but couldn't find it. Others said to go to the page to create a dummy account but all I see is a PW page.

Dragonites show up often by my work (by a river) and knowing when one is out would be very helpful.

Not even sure if this is still going or not but saw someone else mention it on the last page.

Thanks

GulAtiCa

So yesterday was very good for my brother-in-law & mine Pokemon hunt.

We decided to go to Kennesaw Mountain park (GA) to find Charmanders, as we heard they were there. On our way, I spotted a Snorlax! We caught it, success.

Once we got to the mountain parking lot, we noticed it was a Bulbasour nest. We both still needed those, so we stayed anyways. We hiked up the trail getting lots of Bulbasours, and a few Clefairys too. Walked down and got some more as well. Even caught a Squirtle & a Dratini.

In the end, I went from like having 95 Bulbasour candies to like 150. I evolved & got my Venusour and even my Blastoise. My Blastoise has sucky moves though... So, I don't think I'll level him up any more, I'll maybe try to get a 2nd Blastoise. Maybe they will introduce the ability to change move sets eventually.

Pics: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216523927&postcount=1402

8bit

Knows the Score
Password is
please just make an account as asked, it doesn't take long.

https://pokemonnearby.io/help.html

Installed the new apkand got enough candy to evolve Jigglypuff to Wigglytuff in about 30 minutes, next stop, Muk. This is going to be good for all those Pokemon where I have 95% candies for evolutions. 113 and counting down.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Captured my first Dratini and my first Charmander today. And almost managed to get to a full page of defenders, but someone took down one :( Needed 18 candies to evolve omanyte, so chose it as buddy. 5km, got one candy, and switched to Magtkarp. I guess I'll switch to Pikachu later, I've seen only two since I started playing.

250k away from L30, unsure whether evolve 4 oddish to gloom for xp or one gloom to vileplume for defender. Same with bulbasaur, squirtle and several others.

Achtius

Was training against a Lapras for the first time. I had to use my 1800 vaporeon against the 1550 Lapras, and was barely able to win. Had to beat it 10 times to get the gym up by 2k.

I need a Lapras.

Yrael

Was training against a Lapras for the first time. I had to use my 1800 vaporeon against the 1550 Lapras, and was barely able to win. Had to beat it 10 times to get the gym up by 2k.

I need a Lapras.

If you have an Arcanine, it works pretty well against Lapras.

Huh, I didn't realise they'd nerfed dodge from 100% damage avoidance to only 75% damage avoidance. It'd explain why I can't do gyms without getting hurt now :p

Still waiting for the buddy patch to appear on the google play shop in the UK. I neeeeed it @.@

I wouldn't had done it either but there are some reports that claim the new update will block all CyanogenMod users. That's the basic OS of my phone, the OP3. That's why I wanted to try it first before I update the app through the Store. Since it seems to be working I have no need for the APK, I can wait for the official update.

Although I have postponed my walk all day long until the update comes out lol.

OnePlus 3 does not come with CyanogenMod, unless you got the phone from someone else who installed it for you. OnePlus's Android skin is called "OxygenOS". It is also not rooted by default.

OnePlus One, their first phone, did come with a commercial variant of CM called Cyanogen OS (a bit like CM but includes more bloatware crap), but they've parted ways since then.

pringles

Was visiting a bigger city over the weekend and did some good catching, highlights include:

* finally caught my first Mr.Mime, actually 3 of them in total with the strongest being CP959
* tons and tons of Magikarp, evolved my first Gyarados (= CP2049, bite+dragon pulse, which I'm fine with) and got 200+ candy to spare
* first time seeing a Ninetales in the wild
* got a CP1690 Blastoise on an incense
* hatched a Grimer and Doduo, finally got enough candy to evolve them, getting my Pokedex to 137 caught

If only the buddy update would have been released before the weekend I'd have been really, really close to completing the dex. Only need around 20 Candy for each of Charmander/Bulbasaur to be able to fully evolve them, and then the last one is Kabutops which I'm about 40 Candy away from. So basically I'll be walking my Kabuto A LOT the next few weeks to finish up my dex.

OnePlus 3 does not come with CyanogenMod, unless you got the phone from someone else who installed it for you. OnePlus's Android skin is called "OxygenOS". It is also not rooted by default.

OnePlus One, their first phone, did come with a commercial variant of CM called Cyanogen OS (a bit like CM but includes more bloatware crap), but they've parted ways since then.

There is an app on the Play store called SafetyNet Helper Sample that checks if your phone passes the security protocol, my OnePlus One with CM was passed fine

Dishwalla

Banned
Is sideloading it via APK official though? Haven't heard of anyone actually downloading the update from the Google Play Store, and haven't heard of anyone on iOS getting it at all.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Which should I start powering up?

89% snorlax with lick/hyper beam or 96% vaporeon with water gun/hydro pump.

Azole

Neo Member
Had a very successful day yesterday in SF at the pier. After transferring, I'm at 1601 magikarp candies (612 caught), 205 dratini candies (one 600s cp with 15/14/15 and one 200s cp 15/15/15), 300 pidgeys candies, 455 tentacool candies and 540 psyduck candies. Was hoping for a good karp but nope... Will most likely evolve my 100% IV dratini now when the patch comes out because dratini candies are hard to get...

Okay Google Play, where the hell is the update? Don't want to risk side-loading after all the time I've put into it and money spent no matter how safe people claim to say it is.

Very annoying =/

Mr Swine

Banned
Irritating that the update hasn't come here to iOS in Europe (Sweden mainly) while my sibling across the country has gotten it on android :/

AdanVC

Okay Google Play, where the hell is the update? Don't want to risk side-loading after all the time I've put into it and money spent no matter how safe people claim to say it is.

Very annoying =/

Yeah same here but on App Store :( Still no update yet. Sunday, the perfect day to try out the buddy feature but nopeeeee.

jelmerjt

Nooooice :D

tD5P5ft.png

giphy.gif

95.6% perfect. He's already best friends with my other Gyarados (97.8% perfect):

5CpZgBr.png

Too bad I missed out on a Dragon Breath + Dragon Pulse Gyarados (niche moveset against Kingdra). Ah well Pump all the way :p

MANUELF

Banned
Had a very successful day yesterday in SF at the pier. After transferring, I'm at 1601 magikarp candies (612 caught), 205 dratini candies (one 600s cp with 15/14/15 and one 200s cp 15/15/15), 300 pidgeys candies, 455 tentacool candies and 540 psyduck candies. Was hoping for a good karp but nope... Will most likely evolve my 100% IV dratini now when the patch comes out because dratini candies are hard to get...

I would evolve the 600 cp dratini instead, thats a HUGE difference in power and for one extra defense point is not worth it

I don't understand how there can be such a descrepancy with when they release an update and when we get them. It's been a day and I still don't have the new update. It's pretty frustrating.

oti

Banned

Oh, totally missed that. Thank god!

Biske

I don't understand how there can be such a descrepancy with when they release an update and when we get them. It's been a day and I still don't have the new update. It's pretty frustrating.

Yeah, just put the damn update out. Would have been nice to play it this weekend and do some buddy walking.

(I get the whole APK thing, but even so, to put out an update over the course of a few days... god)

Prototype

Nope! I thought I had found a spot in West Linn for Vulpix (caught two in a row in a matter of minutes) but I haven't seen any since. I've also only caught one Ponyta.

Edit: here's a spreadsheet somebody cooked up based on nests. No Ponyta or Vulpix that they found, but it might help with other hunts!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rxKHQj2O8VslXAckkVo2HMgy-N9JfIFmWI0Z8d0-hKk/pubhtml
Thanks for the response man. Me and the gf are making our way to Medford to check out a rumor about Ponyta in the area now.

Geneijin

To those who already have 0.37.0 installed, so after a set distance depending on which Pokemon you want to buddy, it's only 1 candy right?

Go+ preorder cancelled. This seems way more useful even if it just replicates existing Go+ functionality.

I cancelled mine the moment I read that it needed the app up to track steps (so it doesn't fucking track steps, the app does) and before I even knew about the iWatch app.

Waiting on whatever the Pixel watch has to offer now!

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Not sure about other games, but that's the way they found with Ingress to prevent crashing their servers. First the newest OS versions, newest phones and all Nexus phones, then the rest, starting from Europe (usually Germany) then America. When they used to release worldwide, nobody could download from Play Store as it would also crash. And then you wouldn't be able to connect to their servers (with new updates more people check the game).

To those who already have 0.37.0 installed, so after a set distance depending on which Pokemon you want to buddy, it's only 1 candy right?
Yep. 5km or 1km, only one. It continues accumulating the total, so eventually there might be bonuses (I'm 3km accumulated for Magikarp, 3 candies, but counter doesn't go back to 0, instead continues, so maybe they can implement special prizes the more you keep your buddy with you).

Not sure about other games, but that's the way they found with Ingress to prevent crashing their servers. First the newest OS versions, newest phones and all Nexus phones, then the rest, starting from Europe (usually Germany) then America. When they used to release worldwide, nobody could download from Play Store as it would also crash. And then you wouldn't be able to connect to their servers (with new updates more people check the game).

I get the idea of not releasing it all at once, but it's been more than 24 hours - that's an unreasonable amount of time for some people to have access to an improved version of the game. And the timing is even worse. Instead of releasing around Wednesday when we expected the update, they waited until the weekend and many - if not most - won't have been able to take advantage of the update during the weekend and that's the best time to play for a lot of people.

Top Bottom