• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Kinokou

Sorry, thought it was news, nevermind

I hadn't seen it before, anyone know if it's the same for the rest of the shoulder pokes?

No update for me either yet :( But that means more time to plan! Here's a buddy distance spreadsheet ready to go: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ulator_distance_spreadsheet/?ref=search_posts

But, would anyone know a way to factor in Pokedex ROI, like making it consider that I have only ever encountered two Kabuto? I wouldn't expect to find any more of them whilst walking, so I could catch more of everything else while walking kabuto, and thus walking Kabuto has a higher ROI due to being rare? Or did I mess up in my theory crafting?

Even though Niantic made it almost nearly impossible for ppl to play Pokemon Go being rooted they also did not closed all other options which was nice of them. And I hope it stays that way.

I have a horsea with bubble 25 and a steel attack 60 x 3. Will evolving it keep its 'breathtaking' status?

Appraisals are based off the pokemon's IV which do not change, ever. No amount of evolving or powering it up will change them so your 'breathtaking' is safe :3
The moveset, on the other hand, will be re-randomised when you evolve so heck knows what it'll have :p

Oh lord just saw that list, so I have to walk 3km just for 1 Charmander Candy?? And 5km per Dratini candy? lol wow

Better than nothing I suppose but shesh

But I herd u liek to walk. 😏
Stupid update is still not out in Europe.

I do! But 5k for one measly candy?? Lol

Good thing Dratinis kinda show up near my house, caught 4 in the same spot over the weekend. Charmanders......well I will be doing a lot of walking lol.

GulAtiCa

Got my Charmander candy, so switched to Clefairy. Only need 10 candies with each being 1km. Heck, I'll likely get all of that tonight as I'm going to go running. Then, tomorrow sometime I'll switch to Geodude, and only need 38 of those, so 38km should be like by the end of the week I bet, maybe early next weekend.

cHinzo

Good thing Dratinis kinda show up near my house, caught 4 in the same spot over the weekend. Charmanders......well I will be doing a lot of walking lol.

I'm going for Dewgong since I don't have a Lapras yet. Could be useful in beating all those Dragonites. Speaking of Dragonite, almost got my own. :> Need 4 more candies!

Flo_Evans

Man I really could have used that update yesterday, was working on a golf course and had my own cart that topped out at 10mph, probably covered 20 kilometers.

tauke

I need to farm more Dratinis since I've yet to find a good one with high IV.

Also provided you walked enough for one candy daily, that will be 125 days to evolve a Charmander to Charizard hehe.

I can't wait for the update to properly arrive here as I can't login when sideloading the latest APK (and hopefully someone can create an Xposed module to bypass the root check).

Flo_Evans

That's the best defending moveset, you should be enthusiastic about it.

Is it lag or my imagination but you get no warning when a defending Exeggutor uses psychic charge move?

I have one with solar beam at like 1000cp and one with psychic at 2000cp. I really need to power up the solar one but its only "decent" so I am waiting to see if I can find a better one.

top twelve is looking good for lv24 I think?

20tSYWE.jpg

Is it lag or my imagination but you get no warning when a defending Exeggutor uses psychic charge move?

I have one with solar beam at like 1000cp and one with psychic at 2000cp. I really need to power up the solar one but its only "decent" so I am waiting to see if I can find a better one.

Every time I play against an Exegguttor the fight gets really laggy and it stutters a lot (this happens even when I am using my exegguttors), and yes I noticed the same lag during the charge attacks (solar beam too iirc).

Pump the one with psychic first, even if you find a better "solar beam" one. But you can use the lower one to train friendly gym, SB is amazing as an offensive move.

Pachimari

Got 1 Pikachu candy, then I switched it out when I realized I needed 45 more. Now my buddy is Poliwag. Only need 3 candy, so that's 9km walk. Hope I just find a Poliwag in the wild honestly.

Flo_Evans

Every time I play against an Exegguttor the fight gets really laggy and it stutters a lot (this happens even when I am using my exegguttors), and yes I noticed the same lag during the charge attacks (solar beam too iirc).

Pump the one with psychic first, even if you find a better "solar beam" one. But you can use the lower one to train friendly gym, SB is amazing as an offensive move.

Yeah the lower one I use to train vape defenders, but I also have tons of tangela with solar around 1000cp. egg is nice though he can tank the damage to build charge faster. Tangela goes down if you miss too many dodges.

top twelve is looking good for lv24 I think?

20tSYWE.jpg

you're pumping stardust into them? if not, that looks freaking amazing.

athe level 30 this is me, I'm out of stardust but at least from now on I will be playing just to collect more of it and to evolve a Gengar, the one mon I'm missing.

Screenshot_20160912_081036.png

AdanVC

Wow, it's monday and the update still not up on the AppStore. Are you freaking serious, Niantic??

athe level 30 this is me, I'm out of stardust but at least from now on I will be playing just to collect more of it and to evolve a Gengar, the one mon I'm missing.

Screenshot_20160912_081036.png

That's freaking impressive. Dragonites at 2.5k+ CP should be true killing machines. BTW, what does that icon near Lucha Libre means? Those lil' happy faces. Never seen it before.

GulAtiCa

That's freaking impressive. Dragonites at 2.5k+ CP should be true killing machines. BTW, what does that icon near Lucha Libre means? Those lil' happy faces. Never seen it before.

It's the Buddy system. Letting you know that is your current buddy.

Flo_Evans

Yeah I powered up some. I think I am going to start being more conservative with the dust, team seems good enough to take down most gyms given enough time (and items).

I do kind of like my water/ice stealth defenders though, I like to imagine people using grass mons and getting owned by ice power moves. Still I really want a lapras :(

Not sure if I should keep buying lucky eggs to power to 30 or incubators.

zroid

Banned
TFW when you launch PokeGo then go do something else for a little while, and when you come back and unlock your phone you see a rare Pokémon for a split second before it disappears

Got a 10 CP shellder and a 12 CP rhyhorn lol.

Does the bubble strat still work?

Glad I can buddy up my rarer to find pokemon so I can finally get the 2 and 3 stage evolutions to fill out my pokedex. Gonna take forever but I average 10-15 KM a week playing twice a week so eh.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
doing our weekly team check? been purging anything that isnt atleast 85%+ iv with best move sets
id also like to level the cp of my exeggutor but hes been in a gym for a month :( wish they would add a way to switch out pokemon in gyms

Yeah I also found a good Jigglypuff in the wild. I think the bug only affects the three starters tbh

also ffs where is the update

I was lucky to find an 82% Jigglypuff in the wild, and I used it for my Wigglytuff. I must just be screwed with Pikachu's, but I will return to the nest if it really is possible to get a good one in the wild.

I found a "really strong" Squirtle with 15 Attack, 15 Defense, and 0 Stamina! I was amazed to find a wild Squirtle with good attack, but it's still worthless with that HP. It's practically impossible to find a well rounded wild starter.

AdanVC

Right now I have several mons for a massive evolve session wich are new to register on the pokedex as well. I have Staryu, Slowpoke, Metapod, Gastly, Kadabra and Nidorina all ready to evolve! Plus tons of pidgeys and rattatas to evolve as well. And the cooliest thing is that I still have 1 lucky egg for all of that! But my question is that if I should do the evolve session right now or wait till I hit level 22? I'm only 15k exp away from Level 22. Should I wait till then?

jariw

Right now I have several mons for a massive evolve session wich are new to register on the pokedex as well. I have Staryu, Slowpoke, Metapod, Gastly, Kadabra and Nidorina all ready to evolve! Plus tons of pidgeys and rattatas to evolve as well. And the cooliest thing is that I still have 1 lucky egg for all of that! But my question is that if I should do the evolve session right now or wait till I hit level 22? I'm only 15k exp away from Level 22. Should I wait till then?

AFAIK, the evolutions aren't affected by the trainer level, they are affected by the base pokemon. I think the trainer level affects only the possible capability of the caught/hatched pokemons.

Top Bottom