• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I get the idea of not releasing it all at once, but it's been more than 24 hours - that's an unreasonable amount of time for some people to have access to an improved version of the game. And the timing is even worse. Instead of releasing around Wednesday when we expected the update, they waited until the weekend and many - if not most - won't have been able to take advantage of the update during the weekend and that's the best time to play for a lot of people.
It must be that I'm already used to, these release windows aren't counted in hours but in days, sometimes updates were delayed up to 5-6 days between areas.

Never thought about "wednesday update", though. They have never been regular with updates. I remember that when they released the update where you could power up your attacks in Ingress, I had that advantage for 3 or 4 days before the update reached others in the area. Was heavenly~

jnWake

I caught 1 Pikachu and 1 Raichu in the wild, both have around 50iv.

After that i have this little cutie from an egg with 90iv. Not gonna evolve him though :(
I've seen 0 Pikachu in the wild, got one with like 96%IV on an egg. Never gonna get enough candy to evolve it.

Hustled over to the park to capture Snorlax #3 and it's only 650ish CP and less than ideal IV

Oh well, the candy will come in handy

Edit - Ugh, now there is an Electabuzz a bit further away than the park but I'm not busting it over there again lol

Geneijin

Yep. 5km or 1km, only one. It continues accumulating the total, so eventually there might be bonuses (I'm 3km accumulated for Magikarp, 3 candies, but counter doesn't go back to 0, instead continues, so maybe they can implement special prizes the more you keep your buddy with you).
Thanks for the confirmation. Pidgey is gonna be my new best friend.

Really tired of looking for the update for it to not be available yet. This is aggravating.
Same. What's the point of Niantic announcing the update if we're still gonna wait 2 days to download it : /
I installed the .apk a few hours, and the update still isn't here officially. I gave in and grabbed it elsewhere.

KingBroly

Banned
I can evolve 34 Pokemon right. I want to wait until I can evolve 40 before using my Lucky Egg. I want to try and get 1-2 more Jigglypuff (since I have a Wonderful/Incredible one) and am close to evolving it. I am holding off on evolving an Ivysaur into a Venusaur and a Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath, which I haven't accounted for, either. But if I forewent those, my numbers would increase from 34 to 37

Azole

Neo Member
I can evolve 34 Pokemon right. I want to wait until I can evolve 40 before using my Lucky Egg. I want to try and get 1-2 more Jigglypuff (since I have a Wonderful/Incredible one) and am close to evolving it. I am holding off on evolving an Ivysaur into a Venusaur and a Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath, which I haven't accounted for, either. But if I forewent those, my numbers would increase from 34 to 37

If you can afford to wait longer, definitely try to aim for 70... At least 60. This is to make use of your egg.

Geneijin

You can evolve up to 75 if you're super efficient and don't transfer. 60-65 is average on a Lucky Egg.

Better to wait until you can evolve up to 75 really.

I the update actually out anywhere yet?
If you can't wait like me

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/nianti...lease/pokemon-go-0-37-0-android-apk-download/

MANUELF

Banned
Got my first charmander from an egg, now if only I could get a Koffing, Magnemite, Lickitung, Tauros or Porygon from all these 5 km eggs.....

KingBroly

Banned
If you can afford to wait longer, definitely try to aim for 70... At least 60. This is to make use of your egg.

You can evolve up to 75 if you're super efficient and don't transfer. 60-65 is average on a Lucky Egg.

Better to wait until you can evolve up to 75 really.

Well I have 5-6 new Pokemon for the Dex coming with this, so I doubt I can get 75. I was thinking 50 max since those will add a few minutes to the process.

Radec

Was passing by a gym on a train and didn't able to put a pokemon on it.

Shame it was a level 10 gym with 5 more slots. :/

GF was able to put one.

KingBroly

Banned
That's a 100% increase from what you could get by walking before!

100 times 0 is 0

EDIT: I've my Snorlax in a Lv.10 Gym for 4 days now. I'm guessing the people trying to hold/fix it for their friends stopped caring enough about me and decided to no try and force me out like the last 2 times.

Unicorn

trying to get IV's down via pokeassistant and using in-game appraisal to do process of elimination.

Are wild pokemon caught still an odd level, or can they be even? Dude is appraising a staryu, but is not saying it's a wonder. On pokeassistant the CP and stats would put it at 11 with 15/15/14, but at level 12 it's more middling of distribution and would make sense with his analysis.

Shit's whack if I can catch an even leveled pokemon and all this time I believed looking at odd levels only was the most accurate.

Geneijin

Well I have 5-6 new Pokemon for the Dex coming with this, so I doubt I can get 75. I was thinking 50 max since those will add a few minutes to the process.
You can easily get 60+ from Caterpies, Pidgeys, and Weedles if you don't spend too much time in the menu finding that one Spearow or Staryu to level. 50 super conservative if you're on an awfully slow connection.

KingBroly

Banned
You can easily get 60+ from Caterpies, Pidgeys, and Weedles if you don't spend too much time in the menu finding that one Spearow or Staryu to level. 50 super conservative if you're on an awfully slow connection.

I guess I'll wait then. It'll still take me like...a week or so to get there.

jts

...hate me...
Wishfully thinking that the update is taking time for iOS because it will come with Apple Watch support...

zulux21

Wishfully thinking that the update is taking time for iOS because it will come with Apple Watch support...

given the apple watch support was confirmed for later this year and not with the update... thus really would hope that isn't the case :p

I got three new Evolutions today. Two out of three were good, and one was very bad.

I have Exeggutor with Zen Headbutt + Solar Beam, and Wigglytuff with Pound + Play Rough. I already powered these guys up, and I will use all spare candies on them when I get more.

My worst fears became true with Nidoking. He has Fury Cutter and Megahorn. I wouldn't even have cared about his charge move if he just had Poison Jab, so this really sucks hard. I'm just going to use any decent Pokemon with good moves, so I won't even let my self be upset by this anymore. I'm bound to be blessed with at least a few more.

I'm really pissed about my 2K eggs always being bad, because there are some Pokemon I really need from them. I have 93 Pikachu and 160 Squirtle candies, but I haven't evolved them due to the complete lack of good IVs for wild versions of these Pokemon. I have never hatched Pikachu, Squirtle, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, or Charmander. I only hatched one of Geodude and Bulbasaur.

I leveled up to 26 today after evolving 75 Pokemon with the Lucky Egg on. I evolved 61 with transfers during my last mass evolution, so this session yielded me 14,000 more EXP without any transferring. None of the evolutions in both session were new Pokedex entries. I became super fast at this with practice, but you can probably do much more than 40 even on your first try.

fuck.

my 15/15/14 magikarp and staryu are now way more nebulous. fucking fuck.

Go to pokeassistant.com and enter the stats, including the stat(s) that are the highest, and you will likely be able to narrow it down to the exact values. There is an option to even select the value range of the best stat(s) to narrow down the selection even further.

It shouldn't be nebulous at all. Maybe you'll get two ranges instead of one, but more than likely they are within a point or a few if not the same total with slightly different stat distribution.

oti

Banned
I was planning on buddying up by the numbers. So Bulbasaur first and so on. But three KM for one candy is a lot in order to fully evolve it. I think I'll stick to the plan regardless though. Makes it easier.

Geneijin

trying to get IV's down via pokeassistant and using in-game appraisal to do process of elimination.

Are wild pokemon caught still an odd level, or can they be even? Dude is appraising a staryu, but is not saying it's a wonder. On pokeassistant the CP and stats would put it at 11 with 15/15/14, but at level 12 it's more middling of distribution and would make sense with his analysis.

Shit's whack if I can catch an even leveled pokemon and all this time I believed looking at odd levels only was the most accurate.
It shouldn't be like that with the appraisal. You sure you're reading your data right?

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

I guess I'll wait then. It'll still take me like...a week or so to get there.
I mean if you're like 30,000-40,000 exp away from getting to the next level, and you want to level up quicker, go for it. I did the same for the early levels when I shouldn't have in hindsight. It's only a Lucky Egg at the end of the day, and a few days worth of coins if you can hold a 2-3 gyms a day. But there's no point rushing if you're in it for the long run (like aiming for the level 40 soft cap).

What level are you and how much exp are you away from the next level?

pringles

I'm really pissed about my 2K eggs always being bad, because there are some Pokemon I really need from them. I have 93 Pikachu and 160 Squirtle candies, but I haven't evolved them due to the complete lack of good IVs for wild versions of these Pokemon. I have never hatched Pikachu, Squirtle, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, or Charmander. I only hatched one of Geodude and Bulbasaur.
I have a 600CP, 90+% IV Pikachu that I caught in the wild. I don't think it's affected by that IV bug.

Oxx

Of the three Pokemon I have used as buddies so far, for two of them I have managed to hatch an egg that has given me more than enough candy for that species.

zulux21

going to bed.
only posting that here because when I get up in 7 hours I fully expect that I will be able to make a new buddy on my ios version of the game.

putting that here so that people can mock me when it still hasn't updated.

realistically though most of the updates came out around 5-7pm so i imagine it will be that time later today.

going to bed.
only posting that here because when I get up in 7 hours I fully expect that I will be able to make a new buddy on my ios version of the game.

putting that here so that people can mock me when it still hasn't updated.

realistically though most of the updates came out around 5-7pm so i imagine it will be that time later today.

Dont count on it, I guess apple is busy with iOS10 and not updatign the store as regularly as normally. I havent got an update for any of my apps since friday

jts

...hate me...
given the apple watch support was confirmed for later this year and not with the update... thus really would hope that isn't the case :p
Fair enough, I just hope later this year doesn't mean very deep into the cold, cold winter around these parts :(

I can't imagine how this game will survive for me during that time. Gotta catch 'em all... before that!

Pachimari

Installed the .apk instead of waiting for the update. Set Pikachu as my first buddy. Too bad that progress will be lost if I change it out with another Pokemon. Anyway, Poliwag will probably be my second buddy.

Top Bottom