• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

I lucky egged my way up to level 24 and got enough candies for a Nidoking and Poliwrath! Nidoking has Fury Cutter and Earthquake while Poliwrath has Mud Shot and Submission.

Still waiting on that update.

rc213

as far as I know it's not officially out.

people playing with the update are android users updating with a pack of the update from Russian hackers.

Say what lol

Seadra 980CP Dragon Breath/Hydro Pump 89%

Worth a buddy for candy to power up?

AdanVC

the pack that people are using to update supposedly came from a russian hacker group :p

it seems legit and safe to use, but I haven't heard of any places that have had the update legitimately rolled out yet.

LMAO then why the hell announce the update at all? Maybe they made a last minute delay and they are now fixing the update?? Man... at this pace I think we're going to get trading and battling with friends until 2018! And I thought back in July that by this time those two features would be available...

rc213

the pack that people are using to update supposedly came from a russian hacker group :p

it seems legit and safe to use, but I haven't heard of any places that have had the update legitimately rolled out yet.

Haven't heard anything like that. I've been using apkmirrors Pokemon GO apk since the game launched because they always have it 2-3 days ahead of Google Play US. No issues and certainly not a hacked version.

Did somebody noticed, where you get those 10km eggs, call me crazy but i got 3 of them from the stop at the opera and today i got 1 from a museum stop and 1 from the court house. Maybe there is a connection?!

zulux21

Haven't heard anything like that. I've been using apkmirrors Pokemon GO apk since the game launched because they always have it 2-3 days ahead of Google Play US. No issues and certainly not a hacked version.

they don't magically make the apks they get them from somewhere :p

as I said the apks from the russian group are seemingly legit, never claimed they weren't.

just that they were provided by russian hackers :p

they are likely pushed to google play at the same time as ios, but because ios has so much more bullcrap about pushing updates has google sit on the update until the ios one is ready to go as well so they can launch at the same time.

during this time period the hackers get in and grab the update :p

the time frame of 2-3 days ahead makes perfect sense with this because that is typically how much longer it takes for IOS to push an update over google play.

DTJAAAAM

Got the update, but apparently can't play anymore since my phone is rooted. Haven't been playing much lately, so perhaps this is for the best.

Blizzard

Banned
Got the update, east coast player, but my girlfriend didn't. Both Android.

As of a couple days ago, my sightings tab was almost exactly reversed from hers most of the time. Has anyone else seen this? It was accurate for a while, but then mine started almost always being backwards.

Blizzard

Banned
One change from the update, when you appraise a Pokemon with Team Valor, the screen background fills with the blood of the souls you have defeated.

If you're on Team Instinct, I can only assume the background fills with urine instead.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Caught my first Lickitung today at the Berlin airport, 93% too. Not sure that matters, don't think it's useful in combat? Also caught my first Cubone there. At 94 unique now, and I'll finally reach 100 when the update comes around, have a few mon that are close to evolving.

Prototype

For anyone playing in Oregon, I can confirm that Alba Park in Medford is a Ponyta nest. Went from 1 Ponyta with 3 candies to a Rapidash in about 2 hours. Crazy spawns in the park + the surrounding area, nearly always had one on sightings the entire time. 3 stops in the park next to each other and most had lures going the whole time too.

jotun?

I'm fine by ignoring Snorlax today, but there being a Magmar and me not finding it is a bummer! At least I caught 2 Eevee's.

this sounds so, so backwards...

Snorlax = drop everything and go find it ASAP
Magmar = useless butthead
Eevee = more common than pidgeys here

KingBroly

Banned
Couple of things to note about the new update:
- Your buddy's picture has a circle around it that will fill in as you get closer to getting a Candy. This way you won't need to constantly hit your Trainer pic and then your Pokemon to see where its status is at
- The Professor's/Leader's profile picture when appraising Pokemon is really zoomed in now for some reason

Oxx

I only just realised you can go straight to the buddy Pokemon's profile page through the buddy page.

That removes a minor annoyance I was having when checking how much candy I had accrued.

jotun?

Any word on when the new Nearby list will get a wide release? I got a chance to use it in SF last weekend, and it's pretty great

Dishwalla

Banned
Why is this Oddish so tiny lol? I can barely see him.
oZdCfkm.jpg

MisterHero

Appraisals are based off the pokemon's IV which do not change, ever. No amount of evolving or powering it up will change them so your 'breathtaking' is safe :3
The moveset, on the other hand, will be re-randomised when you evolve so heck knows what it'll have :p
Thanks. Considering keeping it unevolved if they ever integrate baby gyms

I haven't power leveled yet and nearly all my pokes are unevolved/under 1000

CrazE

Banned
I sure hope so. I think maybe like, a quarter of my real-world traveled distance has been tracked in game.

I have a friend I work with that bought a bunch of incubators. He has all of his eggs in it with the hopes they all hatch which they should at the same time when he puts the egg up.... ha ha ha.. . Half of his eggs say .3 walked... other half says .9 walked. He put them all in at the same time.

Janky tracker! :D

Flo_Evans

Haha fuck your update!

Just hatched my 1st 10k egg and it's a lapras with blizzard! Spent all my dust on him. W00t.

where is the iOS update...

Top Bottom