• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Up in the air on who to pick as my buddy, probably a starter. I do need stronger grass pokemon of any type. fighting too.

I'm starting to lose interest in this game, I took 2 gyms and cashed out for 30 coins this morning. I have enough for a capacity upgrade I was saving for but I'm at a good level with those after this. I feel like there's nothing to do now, saving for those upgrades was my goal but now that I've met it, now what

Replicant

Well that's the thing, once you've got 700+ pokemon around the world, even the 'common' pokemon will be a lot more scarce than they are now due to being diluted by the pure variety so the buddy system could quickly become the primary way of grinding candies once they start dumping new species in the pool :p

I didn't know they're planning to release new species. I hope the old ones are still staying around in the same numbers. They're hard enough to catch as it is now. I need Snorlax and Lapras. :(

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
unless they change the pokemon out with seasons

I didn't know they're planning to release new species. I hope the old ones are still staying around in the same numbers. They're hard enough to catch as it is now. I need Snorlax and Lapras. :(

of course they are every pokemon will be out eventually

Media

I'm going to pick my 100% magicarp as my first buddy. They don't spawn here, I've only gotten two from eggs, so that 400 candy evolution looks impossible.

At least I think he's 100%, he gets all the best sentences in appraisal

You know, if I ever get the update :(

Azole

Neo Member
Rêves;216767925 said:
Your first? I've evolved six so far, and all of them have ended up with Steel Wing. I feel like I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

First and only... Dratini is hard to get unless I go the bay area.

Flo_Evans

Went ham on a lvl 10 gym last night (its been pissing me off for awhile)...

Burned through all my revives and left some dead pokemon. only got it to level 8. hopefully someone else takes up the torch.

but anyway, I just discovered when dumping balls/berries you can hold down the button instead of clicking it each time.

Really wish I could get a buddy for my revive/potion farming loops today but whatever!

georly

Hey, sorry if this info has already been posted in the thread, but I figured it'd be worth asking:

What's the situation with pokemon go plus? Does it have an official release date yet?

I know gamestop/amazon took preorders already - are any other retailers going to carry it? Will I be able to camp out anywhere for one? Target? Toys R us? What are the plans?

Pachimari

Hey, sorry if this info has already been posted in the thread, but I figured it'd be worth asking:

What's the situation with pokemon go plus? Does it have an official release date yet?

I know gamestop/amazon took preorders already - are any other retailers going to carry it? Will I be able to camp out anywhere for one? Target? Toys R us? What are the plans?
Release date is September 16.

georly

Release date is September 16.

Do we know which retailers will be carrying it though? And is it a streetdated thing or is it 'whenever they get them'?

Edit: Reading online it seems like no one really knows? Time to start calling retailers to see if they know? Target/walmart/best buy dont have website listings, as far as I can tell, so maybe no one is getting it?

I'll wake up early on friday and see if any stores put them up for preorder/order i guess.

zulux21

I like how they delayed pokemon go plus in order to make more, but yet here we are 3 days before release and not a single place has reopened preorders.

georly

Gamestop has a listing for it at least, I would check there first on the 16th if you really want one.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/pokemon-go-plus/131550

As far as I know they're only getting preorders. I mean, I'll call them that morning and see if they get extras, but I'm not counting on it.

I just wanna go jogging and play pokemon go at the same time :( Is that too much to ask?

I like how they delayed pokemon go plus in order to make more, but yet here we are 3 days before release and not a single place has reopened preorders.

Do we know for sure that's the reason why, and not because the update wasn't ready yet?

My local gamestop did say they expect to take preorders on 'wave 2' shipments soon, so keep an eye out for that i guess.

zulux21

Do we know for sure that's the reason why, and not because the update wasn't ready yet?

My local gamestop did say they expect to take preorders on 'wave 2' shipments soon, so keep an eye out for that i guess.

with their press release they said it was to make more so that there wouldn't be a shortage for fans.

granted if I am a PR person I claim that instead of "due to our incompetence we don't have the update ready for the watch to work so we need to delay it so it will even be usable"

georly

with their press release they said it was to make more so that there wouldn't be a shortage for fans.

granted if I am a PR person I claim that instead of "due to our incompetence we don't have the update ready for the watch to work so we need to delay it so it will even be usable"

Even more baffling then, since other than the official release date we have no new info on where to get one, sigh.

zroid

Banned
I finally got $7 google opinion credits so purchased 550 coins. first time i've ever made an in-app microtransaction, feels weird man. And it wasn't even real money!

ughhhh saw a kabutops in my sightings. Drove around to find it. Couldn't find it so used GO Scan to help narrow down the grid. Still Nothing. I'm pretty sure I covered the entire grid in which its within the closest sighting (1st of the 3 closeby)

It's gone.

Are there specific conditions that cause a Pokemon to spawn? like do you have to be standing within its spawn point for a certain amount of time?

That Pokemon Go Plus is so useless for me if it can't even count steps for eggs/buddy without the app being open... :(

Same pretty much why I'm not getting one.

Hycran

Banned
Are there specific conditions that cause a Pokemon to spawn? like do you have to be standing within its spawn point for a certain amount of time?.

Your guy sends out a ping every ten seconds, it's possible that if you drive or even bike too quickly by where a Pokemon is you may end up passing it over completely. I drive and play a lot so it's important to slow down around areas that I know are nests or have historically spawned Pokemon.

Omzz

So does lucky egg affect the eggs I get from Pokestops? Cause over the course of 2 months I've gotten only two 10km eggs, but when I went through a bunch of stops while on lucky egg I got three 10km eggs at once :|

10k egg hatches up to level 24:
Magmar x2, Eevee x3, Pinsir x2, Scyther x2, and somehow a Hitmonlee and Jynx.
177 total eggs hatched.

10k egg hatches up to level 23:
Electabuzz x2, Pinsir x2, Magmar x1
116 eggs hatched
Currently have one 10k egg at 6.23k

5% 10K eggs for me
9% 10K eggs for you
(Though with my experience with the RNG, this is the kind of luck that I have come to expect)

This is probably the way I’d rank what I want from the 10k eggs
Lapras
Snorlax (randomly found a CP42 Snorlax the other day... I suppose all finds are random)
Omanyte
Kabuto
Aerodactyl
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Chansey
Mr. Mime
Onix
Dratini (I need a load of Dratini, just one doesn’t do much for me)
Scyther
Electabuzz (Can I at least get some good moves this time?)
Magmar
Jynx (I think there is a Jynx nest near me. Every day I go there, without fail there’s a Jynx)
Eevee (I think the only Pokemon that I’ve caught more than Eevee is Pidgey)
Pinsir (So tired of Pinsir)

I still don’t have the update

RoadDogg

Just got the update via the play store. I did a manual check and it was there waiting to be pushed. Will let my son pick out a buddy pokemon tonight.

Any tips for who to walk for as a buddy? I desperately need grass types but at the same time Pikachus are so rare where I've been, and I travel alot! I think what I'll do is do Eggxecute (only 3 more candies away), then Dragonair. I'm only gonna walk the rare ones for me.For starters,I'm just gonna find a nest somehwere in LA for those.

Firemind

Any tips for who to walk for as a buddy? I desperately need grass types but at the same time Pikachus are so rare where I've been, and I travel alot! I think what I'll do is do Eggxecute (only 3 more candies away), then Dragonair. I'm only gonna walk the rare ones for me.For starters,I'm just gonna find a nest somehwere in LA for those.
hope you don't get confusion/psychic lol

still waiting for a solid water counter

come on, vileplume, don't fail me!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Still updating to iOS 10 first, but finally! Will probably pick Charmander first, 4 candies left for Charmeleon.

Hycran

Banned
hope you don't get confusion/psychic lol

still waiting for a solid water counter

come on, vileplume, don't fail me!

Vileplume and exeggcutor hard counter vaporeon, especially if you get solar beam. Vileplume is great even if you get acid as it generates a boat load of special. That being said, exeggcutor is an absolute tank and has psychic quick attacks so it's good against multiple types.

I got 133 before the update, shouldn't be long after this to get 142.

106 egg hatches and 3x10kms, count me unlucky? I have hatched so many 5ks it is driving me crazy. At least I got an aerodactyl, lapras and omanyte from the hatches.

106 egg hatches and 3x10kms, count me unlucky? I have hatched so many 5ks it is driving me crazy. At least I got an aerodactyl, lapras and omanyte from the hatches.

Unlucky egg wise, lucky hatch wise. I'd trade all 5 of my 10K hatches for any 1 of the 3 that you mentioned

:)

Edit: whoops I mean :/

Eklipsis

Wish I knew someone in Australia that could get me a Kangaskhan! I hate that there are regional exclusives....hopefully when trading comes I will be able to trade with people from other countries

JavyOO7

Got my update about an hour ago, sweet.

Need revives. Was taking on an Exeggutor against my Flareon and with 1 HP down... he took down Flareon and 2 other Pokemon with it. Man that sucks. So I need lots of revives again, now. And I need to get better at dodging.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I can't find info on it neither here nor elsewhere. Once you pick your buddy, when can you change it again?

Edit: Never mind, you can change them anytime, the missus didn't see the button.

Edit 2: Rather, the buddy screen didn't load for her. :D

CassSept

I come back from a walk and update is out, go figure. At least I caught a Growlithe getting me to 48 candies which means I'll be getting an Arcanine tomorrow! 125/142, getting really close.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I can't find info on it neither here nor elsewhere. Once you pick your buddy, when can you change it again?

Any time you want.

Unlucky egg wise, lucky hatch wise. I'd trade all 5 of my 10K hatches for any 1 of the 3 that you mentioned

:)

Edit: whoops I mean :/

Yeah I guess I was lucky with those so I can't really complain!

So I grinded and evolved a ~90% 1427CP Blastoise, with maybe the worst possible moveset; bite and flash cannon.

I then caught a 1615CP Blastoise, with Att 0 Def 1 Stamina 12, with the best possible moveset; water gun and hydro pump.

I don't know which one to raise, or whether to raise either at all - it may be better to keep the candies until I can grind out another evolution and hope for a better moveset.

Top Bottom