• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

Updated and went on a walk to get my last Jigglypuff candy. I had some 5Ks hatch into Goldeen, Krabby, and Exeggcute. And to top it all off, my Wigglytuff ended up rolling Pound and Hyper Beam! Now to walk 31 kilometers for a Raichu!

Is it just me or did Niantic purposely add an egg the first chance the game gets if a slot is available to fill by giving you a 2k or 5k egg making it almost impossible for you to get a 10k now???

Yeah I guess I was lucky with those so I can't really complain!

So I grinded and evolved a ~90% 1427CP Blastoise, with maybe the worst possible moveset; bite and flash cannon.

I then caught a 1615CP Blastoise, with Att 0 Def 1 Stamina 12, with the best possible moveset; water gun and hydro pump.

I don't know which one to raise, or whether to raise either at all - it may be better to keep the candies until I can grind out another evolution and hope for a better moveset.

Wow 0 attack. Whatever you catch in the wild really has the potential to be wild. It's all such a big crapshoot. Crapshoot for IVs, crapshoot for level, but the biggest crapshoot has to be moves. At least with IVs and levels you can see them instantly and decide that you don't want to go down that path. With moves you invest first and then the game is like surprise!

What comes out of eggs is usually great IV wise. Now if eggs didn't stop at level 20.
The dilemma I have with this game now is a level 20 worth working on? Or will the stardust cost get to be too great by the time wild pokemon stop leveling with you at 30.

Finally I would be irritated enough with both Blastoises that I couldn't see myself doing anything else with them. I'd be looking for the best Squirtle I could find all over again. That's just me though.

Edit: Now that I think about it. It's Monster Hunter all over again. Jump through so many hoops and invest so much time just for the privilege of getting to the bargaining table, yet it's still Lord RNG who decides ones fate.

Diabelli

Damn, I can't update because I have an outstanding payment on itunes and I'm broke so I can't pay it (I get paid on Friday). fml.

Hycran

Banned
They readded battery saver holy shit that's even bigger than the new buddy system. Hopefully this combined with possibly improved GPS means I can run again with my game in my arm band

So I grinded and evolved a ~90% 1427CP Blastoise, with maybe the worst possible moveset; bite and flash cannon.

I then caught a 1615CP Blastoise, with Att 0 Def 1 Stamina 12, with the best possible moveset; water gun and hydro pump.

I don't know which one to raise, or whether to raise either at all - it may be better to keep the candies until I can grind out another evolution and hope for a better moveset.

Save that dust.

blastoise sucks, get a vaporeon with that same moveset and pump him to the eyeballs with stardust

Soooo... Wait... What does this message mean?

pogohome.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
First dupe from a 10k egg, a... Chansey lol. I have 2 now and neither have the ideal moveset it seems.

2x Chansey
1x Lapras
1x Aerodactyl
1x Omanyte
1x Hitmonchan

is my 10k haul so far. I actually want to hatch an Eevee for the high IV chances. Haven't caught any 80+ IV ones recently, just stacking candy now.

MANUELF

Banned
First dupe from a 10k egg, a... Chansey lol. I have 2 now and neither have the ideal moveset it seems.

2x Chansey
1x Lapras
1x Aerodactyl
1x Omanyte
1x Hitmonchan

is my 10k haul so far. I actually want to hatch an Eevee for the high IV chances. Haven't caught any 80+ IV ones recently, just stacking candy now.

Mine is
1x Eevee
1x Dratini

Dishwalla

Banned
I've gotten 4 Onix, a Scyther, a Pinsir, a Chansey, and a Jynx from 10km eggs. Think the Pinsir was the most disappointing, have caught so many of those stupid things without the help of an egg.

Haven't actually even seen an Onix in the wild yet lol.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mine is
1x Eevee
1x Dratini

Would also be glad for a Dratini, high IV chance + maybe a bunch of candy

I've gotten 4 Onix, a Scyther, a Pinsir, a Chansey, and a Jynx from 10km eggs. Think the Pinsir was the most disappointing, have caught so many of those stupid things without the help of an egg.

Haven't actually even seen an Onix in the wild yet lol.

I have seen and caught Onix in the wild, but never a Pinsir. Same with Scyther & Magmar. I know it can spawn in my region, but I've never been lucky.

The ultimate troll would be a Jynx for me. Just the lamest and useless mon, and there are places nearby that have lots of them.

Replicant

The best 10k hatch for me was Lickitung and Ninetales.

Got 100% IV Voltorb and 91.1% Electabuzz last night. It's rare to get bad IV for Voltorb anyway (they usually hover around 80% and upwards) so that wasn't exciting but happy about the Electabuzz since they are very rare to begin with.

CrazE

Banned
This buddy thing is quite the cheese. I thought it was going to walk next to our guy, or fly or whatnot. It just sits there in it's little circle. Lol. Stupid. Games losing steam. We need to be able to battle friends.

This might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure I understand it correctly.

If I catch lets say a 10 CP Dratini, who has 100% IV's, even though the candy/stardust will take longer to get his CP up higher once he is fully evolved and maxed out, will he still have a higher CP than say a 500 CP Dratini with 80% IV's once he is fully evolved and maxed out?

Do those things correlate? I feel like I knew the answer for this awhile ago and I'm not confident in it anymore.

Diabelli

This might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure I understand it correctly.

If I catch lets say a 10 CP Dratini, who has 100% IV's, even though the candy/stardust will take longer to get his CP up higher once he is fully evolved and maxed out, will he still have a higher CP than say a 500 CP Dratini with 80% IV's once he is fully evolved and maxed out?

Do those things correlate? I feel like I knew the answer for this awhile ago and I'm not confident in it anymore.
Yep, that's exactly how it works.

This buddy thing is quite the cheese. I thought it was going to walk next to our guy, or fly or whatnot. It just sits there in it's little circle. Lol. Stupid. Games losing steam. We need to be able to battle friends.

I have a Clefairy buddy and I have a feeling that when I start up the game and see that Clefairy, I'm gonna think it's one I can catch. Maybe that's a reason why Pokemon don't walk/fly besides/behind you.

Trogdor1123

Did they change the escape rates again? The freaking 80 ish Pokemon are escaping like 4-5 times even with raspberries and "greats".

Im just about done with this one...

GulAtiCa

So just came across this and was like yay.

Then five seconds later was all like =/
Good at leveling very low level gyms.

Did they change the escape rates again? The freaking 80 ish Pokemon are escaping like 4-5 times even with raspberries and "greats".

Not that I noticed. I seem to have no trouble catching 700+ Eevees with regular balls. And other Pokemon. Just bad luck I assume.
I assume your not talking about caterpie, weedles or any other very low CP Pokemon.

BowieZ

Banned

Did you play after driving or catching a bus or something?

I'm 90% positive that it's not a bug but a deliberate way to punish people who are not walking as intended.

GulAtiCa

Did you play after driving or catching a bus or something?

I'm 90% positive that it's not a bug but a deliberate way to punish people who are not walking as intended.
Don't forget! If you get a Pidgey from an egg, it also means your soft banned!

Bad jokes aside, I honestly don't think that's true. At least from my experiences I have no issues catching Pokemon while I'm in a car being driven, etc.

hirokazu

Soooo... Wait... What does this message mean?
It means iOS 10 is suggesting the Pokemon Go app on the lock screen and multitasking screen because it's noticed you often open it when you arrive at home.

Bad jokes aside, I honestly don't think that's true. At least from my experiences I have no issues catching Pokemon while I'm in a car being driven, etc.
I don't know when they've change it, but they've definitely done something. When you move too far from where a Pokémon spawned, it'll run away 100%. I don't recall that being the case before, only if you're going too fast.

KingBroly

Banned
There's no way to play Pokemon Go on an iPhone with a Google Play account, is there?

(Like, if I were to switch from Android to iOS, I couldn't use the same account, could I?)

jotun?

Blastoise is inferior to Vaporeon, so unless Eevees are rare in your area or you just want to show off, there's not much point in powering a Blastoise or even caring about its IVs

HiResDes

Blastoise is inferior to Vaporeon, so unless Eevees are rare in your area or you just want to show off, there's not much point in powering a Blastoise or even caring about its IVs
This isn't true Blastoise is better than both Gyrados and Vaporeon due to it having one of highest base defensive stats in the game...

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, silph road is incorrect in its ranking system apparently

Top Bottom