• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

HardRojo

Since you don't mind resetting the phone, try to look for a file named SU and rename/delete it.

Look for them in both /system/bin and /system/xbin using the file manager in Revovery mode after a full factory reset.

After that install PokeGo from Play Store and see if you can login.

It works on my phone and just in case it doesn't work, look for CyanongenMod 13 ROM for your Galaxy S4 and repeat the steps above.

Thanks, will try the first method if the APK I'm downloading doesn't work, if not then I'll try the other method on Friday since I'll have more time that day.

BowieZ

Banned
yup and with solar beam he tears through vaporeon. I freaking love eggecutor

Screenshot_20160914_191414.png
Fuck where are you getting all the Snorlaxes from? Eggs? I have hatched about 30 10km eggs and I still haven't had a Lapras or Snorlax :....(

GulAtiCa

Fuck where are you getting all the Snorlaxes from? Eggs? I have hatched about 30 10km eggs and I still haven't had a Lapras or Snorlax :....(

Fuck where are you getting all those 10k eggs from?!

How many eggs have you hatched total now? Including the 4 I have saved, I'm only up to 8. But, I only hatched 249.

tauke

I hatched two 10km eggs and both of them are Magmar...

Now hatching my third 10km egg and hopefully not another Magmar.

zulux21

I get lots of Snorlaxes here and decent amount of wild Lapras, but next to zero Dratinis and Growlths. :(

since I have gotten 2 dratini and 1 growlth I guess I could say I get next to zero as well.

but zero is the exact number of snorlax and lapras I have ever seen even on radar while walking :p

zroid

Banned
since I have gotten 2 dratini and 1 growlth I guess I could say I get next to zero as well.

but zero is the exact number of snorlax and lapras I have ever seen even on radar while walking :p
I've never seen a Snorlax or Lapras while walking but each did appear once randomly when I was sitting at home. :lol

BowieZ

Banned
Fuck where are you getting all those 10k eggs from?!

How many eggs have you hatched total now? Including the 4 I have saved, I'm only up to 8. But, I only hatched 249.
560-something.

From memory I've hatched something like: 7 Eevees, 3 Dratinis, 3 Magmars, 3 Pinsirs, 2 Scythers, 1 Jynx, 1 Electabuzz, 1 Hitmonlee.

So maybe 30 was an exaggeration lol, but it feels like the game is deliberately giving me stuff it knows I don't need ;)

Masked Man

I said wow
Doing a layover at LAX on my way back to Tokyo, and the lures have all these Pokémon I rarely see back home! Lots of Geodude and Machop, which is nice. Plus, I only need one more Mankey and Cubone to evolve each of them!

So after the first wild Dragonite I found was a nightmare to catch and not very good, I had sworn off hard to catch wild pokemon except for stuff like Lapras and Snorlax (which aren't actually that hard to catch).

Then I started trying to hold 10 gyms a day and realized how important Dragonites are, since the gyms I aim for are basically 2200 or GTFO, which meant I either had to power up bad moveset, high CP potential pokemon just to avoid the bottom (I'm looking at you, page of failed Arcanine) or I had to catch some mediocre Dragonites. So a Dragonite pops up on my scanner and after some internal debate that almost made me miss it (I would have to drive to get it, and driving out for a single pokemon and having it suck or run away makes me question what I'm doing with my life) and fortunately it was easy to catch (I had learned how to throw to hit far away pokemon since the first Dragonite) and pretty damn good. I only cared about the CP, but its moveset is nice and IVs are OK (73%):

Since I hadn't really played since Friday night and was down to 7 gyms, I decided to do a gym run tonight. Much to my surprise, either the update or the weekend of crap I had to do to my phone to get it working with the update (hence my not playing since Friday) eliminated most of the lag and performance hitches I used to experience in battles and leveling gyms became a breeze. I added four level 9-10 gyms in about an hour (including having the second gym error out on me and forcing me to wait 10+ minutes to start training again).

Then I decided to refill my items to 500 and on my final pass before heading home, I passed another Dragonite. It's my seventh Dragonite, but the first one with Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw (89% IVs, too, which is actually only my fourth best in terms of IV):

Pretty much the most productive 2 hours of play I've ever had. I added three new pokemon to my top 12 (I also picked up a very good Exeggcute that I evolved when I got home) without powering up anything. Only five of my top 12 are actually powered anyway: Two perfect Dragonites, and my top Exeggcutor, Vaporeon, and Gyarados.

Oh, just remembered another huge change with the update. When you dodge and the server recognizes it, but your client takes the full damage anyway, you actually get your health back before the end of the current battle now. It seems to happen to me a lot, so it's a pretty big deal for me and contributed to saving me a lot of frustration.

zulux21

sweet
shipping confirmation

never told me it was going to ship.
I only noticed that my DQ7 shipment said plus one additional item so I had to double check as it was the only item that made sense.

hopefully it does track distance while locked, if so I will wear it at work on sat and see how much distance I get :p

Anyone having performance issues with the latest version in an original iPhone 5 or 5C? I thought at first that some graphical glitches and frame rate drops were due iOS10 but I downgraded my phone, but now even on 9.3.5 I can see now some moderate issues in-game (map takes a while to load and some glitches while battling)

Yup, runs like totally shit on my 5C. Not that it ever ran amazingly well to begin with, but still.

Guys sorry for the stupid question, but do we have any confirmation that its only 1 candy per 3km for Charmander for example? Or will it get more the longer charmander is my buddy? If its only 1per 3 it will be a long 252 km until i get my Charizard :(

HiResDes

Guys sorry for the stupid question, but do we have any confirmation that its only 1 candy per 3km for Charmander for example? Or will it get more the longer charmander is my buddy? If its only 1per 3 it will be a long 252 km until i get my Charizard :(
It's confirmed dude don't know where you even gathered it would increase over time, as that's simply wishful thinking.

Chuckie

It is gonna be a long 252 km.

Although you''ll probably find some more Charmanders during that period.

JoeM86

Reports are coming in that the GO Plus doesn't give you XP or Stardust for your captures. Mine should come today so shall test

zulux21

If you're walking to get a majority of your evolution candy, you're grossly mismanaging your resources and energy.

oh please enlighten me on how to greatly increase my rare pokemon candy, when even pokemon nearby rarely shows anything but pidgy, ratata, and weedle, if I don't have access to any transportation besides walking.

Reports are coming in that the GO Plus doesn't give you XP or Stardust for your captures. Mine should come today so shall test

kind of silly, but given that I plan to put mine in a cloth bag and then in a plastic bag and just stick it in my pocket and forget about it while I walk around, all I really need is that distance calculated.

Anyone having performance issues with the latest version in an original iPhone 5 or 5C? I thought at first that some graphical glitches and frame rate drops were due iOS10 but I downgraded my phone, but now even on 9.3.5 I can see now some moderate issues in-game (map takes a while to load and some glitches while battling)

5c here takes sometime to load the map which sucks.

Kinokou

I started having more issues with the game freezing already on the previous version once the update was announced with the app not tracking my movement anymore. Rebooting it would fix it temporally, but sometimes it would reboot directly into the problem too. Now that I got the update I can no longer log into the game unless I'm connected to a wifi network and it loses track of me as frequently or even more than before... Playing has turned into a struggle now.

It is gonna be a long 252 km.

Although you''ll probably find some more Charmanders during that period.

Well I guess it was wishful thinking, that it will increase if you got that buddy for 50km or something...

And I only found 3 Charmanders in now 3 months of playing, one was my starter, one caught in the wild and one from an egg....

let me go and put the playlist on then:

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more...
Just to see Charman evolve to Charizard...

BowieZ

Banned
There's gotta be some special reward for walking a certain longer distance with your buddy... otherwise why track how far you've walked in-game?

Or has the update already been completely data mined out of its mystery?

oh please enlighten me on how to greatly increase my rare pokemon candy, when even pokemon nearby rarely shows anything but pidgy, ratata, and weedle, if I don't have access to any transportation besides walking.

Do research and/or learn how to set up a scanner that you can manually set the location for so you can scout and find what you're looking for and spend time there.

The only way it makes sense that your best option is to walk your way to evolution is if you have no time ever for anything besides the pokemon you encounter while you go about your day and whatever walking that entails. In this case, the buddy system is a gift.

Plus if you're doing all that walking in the land of no buses or anything, the buddy system is that much more effective.

Not everyone has tons of dragonite or snorlax to take over gyms with, not everyone is willing to drive somewhere on the off chance of catching something nearby

Not sure what Dragonite, Snorlax and gyms have to do with candy.

Bruv, you're talking about catching Dragonites when most people consider it lucky to be in the vicinity of a Dratini.

Again, what does that have to do with me believing that time and energy can be better spent in other avenues than the brute force method that is walking off hundreds of evolution candy? Like, if you're super casual about it and just go about your day and catch whatever pops up, fine, the buddy system is great and allows you to get something you might never have gotten otherwise, since you don't (or can't) really go out of your way for anything. But if you make it a point to go out and walk for candy, cursing every step about how unfair it is, then it's time to consider if you've really exhausted all your options.

There's gotta be some special reward for walking a certain longer distance with your buddy... otherwise why track how far you've walked in-game?

Or has the update already been completely data mined out of its mystery?

Pikachu moves to your shoulder!

Do research and/or learn how to set up a scanner that you can manually set the location for so you can scout and find what you're looking for and spend time there.

The only way it makes sense that your best option is to walk your way to evolution is if you have no time ever for anything besides the pokemon you encounter while you go about your day and whatever walking that entails. In this case, the buddy system is a gift.

Plus if you're doing all that walking in the land of no buses or anything, the buddy system is that much more effective.

As already mentioned I only caught one wild Charmander as off yet (and my starter and one out an egg) and there are literally no charmander nests outside somewhere nearby...but I guess you are right and I should scan and take some days off work to go on vacation where charmanders are common...or I could just use the buddy function to get candy...

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Yup, runs like totally shit on my 5C. Not that it ever ran amazingly well to begin with, but still.

5c here takes sometime to load the map which sucks.

I started having more issues with the game freezing already on the previous version once the update was announced with the app not tracking my movement anymore. Rebooting it would fix it temporally, but sometimes it would reboot directly into the problem too. Now that I got the update I can no longer log into the game unless I'm connected to a wifi network and it loses track of me as frequently or even more than before... Playing has turned into a struggle now.

At least I'm glad that I'm not the only one with problems. Hopefully Niantic will address these issues sooner than later. :/

My Pokemon GO Plus just arrived. However, I'm unsure whether I should keep it or sell it, because I'm still not 100% clear on what it actually does, and it's limitations. Even the instructions it comes with don't actually tell you. They just say how to set it up, wear it, sync it with your phone, etc.

Does anybody know of a guide/article that details exactly what it does and doesn't do?

Honestly, it's pathetic that I have this thing in my hands, and not only do the instructions not say what it does, but I also can't find any official explanation online. This is emblematic of how Pokemon Go has been handled right from the start.

Holy fucking shit; this thing is sounding more and more redundant.

Mine's arrived. I think I've figured out usage, and think I've figured out like, what it means with a stop and it vibrating how many items it's got. I'm particularly happy that it tracks steps -- and that the Android notification has the most recent action.

I need to figure out a bit more but otherwise I'm happy.

Mine's arrived. I think I've figured out usage, and think I've figured out like, what it means with a stop and it vibrating how many items it's got. I'm particularly happy that it tracks steps -- and that the Android notification has the most recent action.

I need to figure out a bit more but otherwise I'm happy.

Does it track steps for the buddies too? Since the update is relatively new, Im not sure if they already implemented that...

Einhandr

Anyone else preorder one from Amazon? I've no indication that it ha shipped or is shipping soon. In fact, the status reads "delivered" on the open orders page even though it never shipped. When I click on order details it says "order recieved, we will email you when we have a release date, etc.". Am I going to get this thing tomorrow? Somehow I doubt it.

Top Bottom