• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

JoeM86

1 hour with the GO Plus and I can confirm this:
-Yes, it tracks Eggs & Buddy with the game in the background
-Contrary to reports, you do get EXP & Stardust for catches. It does only use Poké Balls however
-Like standard captures, it has three chances to break out. It sends a white light and vibration on each chance, followed by red if it breaks out or rainbow if it's successful, though the rainbow starts with red

Firemind

1 hour with the GO Plus and I can confirm this:
-Yes, it tracks Eggs & Buddy with the game in the background
-Contrary to reports, you do get EXP & Stardust for catches. It does only use Poké Balls however
-Like standard captures, it has three chances to break out. It sends a white light and vibration on each chance, followed by red if it breaks out or rainbow if it's successful, though the rainbow starts with red
brb preordering right now

GulAtiCa

Ok, I'm back on the pre-order Pokemon Go Plus. Just need Amazon to re-open their orders now...

And since Saturdya, I've gained 1 Abra candy, 2 Charmander candies, 10 Clefairy candies and 17 Geodude candies thanks to the Buddy system! I just need 20 more candies!

Chopper

I've encountered 3 pokemon here at work, and each one of them has fled. I think. I'm using the Plus blind, as it's under my T-shirt and I want to get to grips with the vibration patterns. First encounter, the vibrations replicated the ball shaking, and then did three very short buzzes, presumably to illustrate the pokemon running away. Fine. Since then, when trying to catch the other two pokemon, the ball only "shook" twice according to the buzzes. The notification hasn't changed on my phone, so I assume they ran away too. I don't understand the inconsistency.

Edit: Journal confirms they ran. I wonder why the buzz patterns were different.

JoeM86

I've encountered 3 pokemon here at work, and each one of them has fled. I think. I'm using the Plus blind, as it's under my T-shirt and I want to get to grips with the vibration patterns. First encounter, the vibrations replicated the ball shaking, and then did three very short buzzes, presumably to illustrate the pokemon running away. Fine. Since then, when trying to catch the other two pokemon, the ball only "shook" twice according to the buzzes. The notification hasn't changed on my phone, so I assume they ran away too. I don't understand the inconsistency.

Edit: Journal confirms they ran. I wonder why the buzz patterns were different.

Two shakes and run, and three shakes and run. Simple

Ok, I'm back on the pre-order Pokemon Go Plus. Just need Amazon to re-open their orders now...

And since Saturdya, I've gained 1 Abra candy, 2 Charmander candies, 10 Clefairy candies and 17 Geodude candies thanks to the Buddy system! I just need 20 more candies!

I gained 2 charmander candies yet...and realized that I miscalculated cause i need another 8 for the next evolution and then 99 more for charizard, right?

so 321km to go...hopefully I get some charmanders out of eggs too, to speed the process up

Dishwalla

Banned
No different to you walking there with the phone open

Well walking to them you don't have to spin them. A lot of times riding my bike I don't hit every Pokestop, unless I really need the balls. Figure if I used the Poke Go Plus while riding my bike it'd hit every Pokestop.

HardRojo

I might order the PG+ if it works as it's being described. So you can have the app running in the background with your phone locked and it'll still work right?

JoeM86

Well walking to them you don't have to spin them. A lot of times riding my bike I don't hit every Pokestop, unless I really need the balls. Figure if I used the Poke Go Plus while riding my bike it'd hit every Pokestop.

You don't need to spin these. You still have to press the button o nthe device to activate

JoeM86

oh ffs how difficult is this to confirm

eRDHPWN.png

It's confirmed :) They're wrong

Welp, I may found out why there is still some controversy around it: a successfull catch with Pogo+ adds stardust, but personally I needed to restart the game to see the correct amount of stardust (it's just a lag issue, you don't need to restart the app every time you catch something).

Oxx

Out of my 5 simultaneous 10km egg hatches I got Pinsir, Omanyte, Onix, Lapras, and Hitmonlee.

Well, at least Lapras was new. And some extra Omanyte candy. I suppose.

GulAtiCa

Out of my 5 simultaneous 10km egg hatches I got Pinsir, Omanyte, Onix, Lapras, and Hitmonlee.

Well, at least Lapras was new. And some extra Omanyte candy. I suppose.

If I got those from a 10k egg, I jump for joy. lol. Not so much for Pinsir, since that is more common in my area nowadays. I need more Omanyte candy to evolve. The rest I don't have.

Chopper

My Plus keeps randomly buzzing one sustained buzz with a red light. Nothing appears to be happening in game. What does it mean?

GulAtiCa

And down goes my Gyarados! It lasted for like 2 weeks in a gym. Finally got booted out. It's already over 2000 CP, so I won't waste stardust on it anymore and save it for other Pokemon.

My Dragonite is still doing strong in another gym for like 10 days now. It's 4th from the top in a 10 level gym. So it will be lasting me a long while. Maybe I'll be able to evolve a new Dragonite in the mean time, but it will take a long while lol.

Flo_Evans

how much is the thing actually supposed to cost? all i see is ebayers and resellers. (for $100+ lol)

edit: $34.99? steep. I think I would rather have 3000 coins...

I'm not sure I would trust Amazon with this, I've had my preorder since day 1 and still no word on shipment.

10th gym goal accomplished. Scouted out a nice level 9 gym down a less traveled road. It's actually in an awkward spot not reachable by car without blocking traffic. Had to park in an empty parking lot across the street and walk a bit.

Bottom rung was an 1199 Kabutops. Easy as pie for my 859 Venusaur I caught at Disney. I was even able to battle it twice before needing to heal. Done in 10 mins, dropped my Dragonite and claimed :)

On the way home I spotted a Valor gym with an open slot. Tossed my Rapidash on there as the bottom hoping someone will come by and build it up.

Now my mornings be like:

tumblr_inline_n0u7ifWFEg1rcmea6.gif

sam777

Is it actually possible to get 2 pieces of candy at once with your buddy? As I have walked 21 km with a Pikachu and not once has he got me 2, only 1 each time.

Sorta...

unless you know... two of the same pokemon spawn.

good luck then :/

it's still a huge pain and in general not worth trying to track down anything.

How would that be a problem? I mean, it would be a bit disorientating, but you'd have more chance to actually find that particular pokémon.

You've to put some effort into it (and it still has room for improvement), but it's absolutely worth it when you are trying to track stronger pkm down.

deanote666

I've got a Charmander as my buddy too.

Starting at 11 candy. One from a starter and 1 from an egg. Never seen a Charmander on nearby. Only ever seen 1 Charizard in the wild and it ran.

I started July 10th and am Level 25, btw.

My sister chose Squirtle as a starter. Her Charmander slot in her dex is still a ?. She's level 22.

AdanVC

Everyone here hitting level 30, capturing lot's of Dragonites, Lapras and Snorlax, claiming like 10 gyms at once, hatching tons of 10km eggs... and here I am like:

Where the only exciting thing that happened to me in the game this week was capturing a Koffing... And I play this non-stop and still :'(

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Everyone here hitting level 30, capturing lot's of Dragonites, Lapras and Snorlax, claiming like 10 gyms at once, hatching tons of 10km eggs... and here I am like:

Where the only exciting thing that happened to me in the game this week was capturing a Koffing... And I play this non-stop and still :'(

i havnt gotten a dragonite yet :(

sophora

I'm sitting fine halfway through Lv. 22. Been busy and only been out a couple times a week to restock my items. Had a Snorlax spawn in my neighborhood.

Third one I've caught since starting July 6th. Meh moveset but always happy to find a rare pokemon. Really gotta go out this weekend and do some heavy duty experience grinding.

Koffing is very uncommon here too. I've seen 4 total, all were in large parking lots, with 3 of them being Walmarts. I only have a Weezing via dumb luck; caught it right under Spaceship Earth (the huge ball) at Epcot.

Anyone know where Grimers tend to spawn at? I've only ever seen 2 and I really don't want him as a buddy for a month to get a Muk.

Flo_Evans

Koffing is very uncommon here too. I've seen 4 total, all were in large parking lots, with 3 of them being Walmarts. I only have a Weezing via dumb luck; caught it right under Spaceship Earth (the huge ball) at Epcot.

Anyone know where Grimers tend to spawn at? I've only ever seen 2 and I really don't want him as a buddy for a month to get a Muk.

Industrial areas...

I've caught 3 grimers and a muk. Muk is only 500cp.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big thanks to Niantic for letting me waste a half hour boosting a gym and giving me an error every time I try to fight my last battle to boost it a level and leave a Pokemon.

Continue not testing anything, guys.

Taichu

Hmm, I updated to the new iOS and updated Pokemon Go. The 3D models in Pokemon Go aren't showing up though the game seems to function fine? I just hatched an invisible Electabuzz!

around my area muk has spawned at freeway underpasses. grimer is just so damn rare too it's hard to get candy, I got mine by hatching like 3 grimer.

koffing is a great rare find too, I barely ever see him.

AdanVC

Faaaaaaack, a Kabutops appeared like 4 blocks from where I am but couldn't go catch it because I'm at work. Just a damn Kabuto is rare af I have only caught two of them FML.

i havnt gotten a dragonite yet :(

And you just hit level 30, right? Geez, when you get one it'll probably be around 3000 CP!!

around my area muk has spawned at freeway underpasses. grimer is just so damn rare too it's hard to get candy, I got mine by hatching like 3 grimer.

koffing is a great rare find too, I barely ever see him.

Woah, now I don't feel so sad anymore I just catched a Koffing this week, hah. Think I will make it my buddy to earn candy. But since it's the first one I catched... damn is going to take a while to evolve him :(

GulAtiCa

I've somehow gotten 4 Grimers. 1 from an egg a few weeks back, and then 3 more from spawns very recently. 2 of which have been at work. Very interesting.

Top Bottom