• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

interesting accessory this go+

- so when you get into range of a pokestop it sometimes will have a delay and you might miss the opportunity to get the items because you got out of range but sometimes it might still succeed

- when there is a pokemon and a stop nearby it will prioritize the pokemon

- when there are multiple pokemon it seems to choose randomly but not sure

- it saves battery obviously

- can't see gyms nearby but if you're pro you know where they are

so there are pros and cons but at least now i can go shopping with the missus without being accused of constantly staring at my telephone screen

MutFox

Banned
With GO+, are the pokestops done automatically, or do you have to push a button?
Cause if I got one, would be nice for the commute to and from work...

Also, if I'm using a different app and the game is on in the background, does it still work?
Does the game have to be on?

MouldyK

With GO+, are the pokestops done automatically, or do you have to push a button?

Also, if I'm using a different app and the game is on in the background, does it still work?

Was complaining to my brother on Whatsapp about not finding Pokemon...it vibrated and I managed to get 2 Pokemon Flee from me before I finished by text!

Anyone else preorder one from Amazon? I've no indication that it ha shipped or is shipping soon. In fact, the status reads "delivered" on the open orders page even though it never shipped. When I click on order details it says "order recieved, we will email you when we have a release date, etc.". Am I going to get this thing tomorrow? Somehow I doubt it.

Yep, same. Ordered mine back on June 15th and absolutely nothing.

Bunch of Bologna.

JoeM86

You have to press a button.

It still works when in the background.
The game has to be loaded and the device paired.

zulux21

How would that be a problem? I mean, it would be a bit disorientating, but you'd have more chance to actually find that particular pokémon.

You've to put some effort into it (and it still has room for improvement), but it's absolutely worth it when you are trying to track stronger pkm down.

how is that a problem?
that is simple, the game doesn't distinguish two different spawns on the current tracker.

so if for example two different pikachu spawn with in 150M of each other then while trying to triangulate instead of having a possible 400M walk to find the ends and go back to the middle to find it, it could be more like 550M and in the middle might not be either one.

it makes it impossible to triangulate, you just have to hope you get lucky and find one while walking so you can triangulate the other.

Has anyone's Amazon order of the GO+ shipped yet?

Nope. I talked to an Amazon rep earlier and he said the release date isn't even in their system. I told him it releases tomorrow and he said if that's the case, they wouldn't even ship out until tomorrow night and most likely arrive Monday.

Firemind

Every single pokemon I've tried to catch with this thing has fled. Dammit.
after an evening session it's not quite as bad for me, but i still have no idea how the catching mechanic works. you press a button and either it fails and flees, or it succeeds and is captured. there's no inbetween where it fails to stay in the ball but doesn't run away. at least it's nice when you're light on balls but yeah, more pokemon flee than get captured because you can only use normal balls. i wish it would tell me if it's a rare pokemon because a dratini ran away from me lol

also i don't seem to get stardust from captures. not even after restarting. and now i can't connect to the go+ anymore smh

zulux21

Nope. I talked to an Amazon rep earlier and he said the release date isn't even in their system. I told him it releases tomorrow and he said if that's the case, they wouldn't even ship out until tomorrow night and most likely arrive Monday.

mine shipped from amazon, posted a picture of it last night.

should be here tomorrow morning with my dragon quest 7 game.

4H0mcJ7.png

Chopper

Does the Plus use Great Balls if you have no regular pokeballs?

Edit: No. It won't use any balls other than pokeballs. Which is fucking bullshit.

JavyOO7

I wonder if Walmart will get any Pokemon Go Plus tomorrow. Or target... Best Buy... TRU... Gamestop... etc. I'm thinking the first shipment is done because of pre orders.

Does the Go+ have any weird speed restrictions on it? If I had my phone on me and brought the Go+ with me and went for a run at whatever speed I wanted, would it log ALL of my steps as opposed to the weird GPS movement the game tracks?

Like would it log distance if I ran on a treadmill?

deanote666

Got my 12th Charmander candy today! Whoot!

Have yet to see a grimer.

I think when I hit 400 Rattat candy, I'll evolve myself a rattados! lol

what happened to pokemonnearby? did they change the password once again?
last time i checked it you had to use a secondary account, but now the page seems to either be off or the link to the forum post i have to quote is broken lol

Hatched my 2 10km eggs today and they're both Eevee
Guess the curse begins...

On the bright side, i have more Eevee candies now in preparing for gen 2.

Ok, just tried to feel less sad.

Does the Plus use Great Balls if you have no regular pokeballs?

Edit: No. It won't use any balls other than pokeballs. Which is fucking bullshit.

Hopefully they will add more function to it so you can change balls etc.
With my current luck with Pidgey, i'll just kill myself if i have this thing running (and im waiting for mine :(( )

By the way, would love to be confirmed. When the egg hatching time finishes, do we need to open the game and click the animation?
Or i can just keep the game in the background and use the Plus normally, then later check my new borns?

Kenai

Just throwing this out there, but Gamestop (or at least the ones by me in indy) got 10 Poke Go watch thingys. Since they only allowed 5 preorders per store, that means 5 others up for grabs. Ymmv i guess.

I am getting one at midnight when I get DQ7. The functionality seems weak for the price, but it will look good when I am cosplaying James at least. Fingers crossed they add functionality to it going forward.

zulux21

went out for a long walk to create my first vileploom.

it's wonderful moves.

acid and moonblast :/

the hunt for something to kill vaporeon continues.

HardRojo

Since my other phone (Galaxy S4) runs the game much better than the phone I'm currently using, I've been taking both out while my Galaxy uses the current one as a hotspot. Shame it can't run the latest patch because apparently it was rooted (I had no idea) but it still tracks the distance for the Buddy when I enter on my main phone, even the candy lol, so for now my Galaxy is my main Pokémon Go machine, that is until the next update totally kills it from accessing the game at all.

JavyOO7

When I use Pokémon GO Plus to catch Pokémon or get items from Poké Stops, will I be able to receive XP?
Yes, you will.

If I’m using a Lucky Egg in Pokémon GO, will its effects work if I use Pokémon GO Plus?
Yes, they will.

If I have Pokémon GO running in the background while I’m using Pokémon GO Plus, will my distance walked count towards hatching an Egg?
Yes, it will count.

If my boxes are full when I encounter a Pokémon while using Pokémon GO Plus, what will happen?
Your Pokémon GO Plus will receive the signal of that Pokémon, but you will not be able to catch it. (It will flash red in the same way as when a Pokémon flees.)

If I’m out of Poké Balls when I encounter a Pokémon while using Pokémon GO Plus, what will happen?
Your Pokémon GO Plus will receive the signal of that Pokémon, but you will not be able to catch it. (It will flash red in the same way as when a Pokémon flees.)

If my item boxes are full when I approach a Poké Stop while using Pokémon GO Plus, what will happen?
You won’t get the items, but you will acquire XP.

Didn't know the Pokémon site had a short QA about the Plus.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&task=knowledge&questionID=2224

Einhandr

Just got off chat with amazon CS about my plus not shipping, or even having a delivery date. I pre-ordered on 6/15, which I'm pretty sure was the only day it was ever open for pre-orders. She tells me my estimated delivery date of 10/27. WTF is this shit?

zulux21

Just got off chat with amazon CS about my plus not shipping, or even having a delivery date. I pre-ordered on 6/15, which I'm pretty sure was the only day it was ever open for pre-orders. She tells me my estimated delivery date of 10/27. WTF is this shit?

since mine is actually shipping and should be here tomorrow I took the time to look up when I ordered.

I thought i ordered basically right after they came up.

my email says.

Fri 6/17/2016 11:40 AM

which doesn't match your date at all o_O
and logically if you ordered something 2 days before me you should get it first.

I wonder if I am only getting it because I had a different nintendo product coming that day anyways and they decided to ship mine to save money on shipping.

zroid

Banned
OMG I *finally* got an Onix

silhouette just appeared on my sightings while I was watching tv :lol

nearby indicated it was across the street so I was prepared to run out in my pyjamas but luckily the GPS wigged out just enough so it appeared without me having to get up. Yes!

KingBroly

Banned
Missed out on Diglett...again ;_;

this is like the 4th time, too

No Eevee encounters tonight, so I'm guessing nests moved at some point. Tons of Pidgeys though. Fucking hell. I hatched 2 2km eggs. Both Magikarp.

ta9qi

Before yesterday i evolved my 86 dratini with cp 547, today found a 699 dratini with 98% iv :(
seems im going to start another grinding journey :(

zulux21

Missed out on Diglett...again ;_;

this is like the 4th time, too

No Eevee encounters tonight, so I'm guessing nests moved at some point. Tons of Pidgeys though. Fucking hell. I hatched 2 2km eggs. Both Magikarp.

don't know why you are complaining, magikarp is one of the top things you can get out of 2k eggs that isn't a starter.

way better than pidgy, weedle, sparrow, caterpie.

jnWake

OMG I *finally* got an Onix

silhouette just appeared on my sightings while I was watching tv :lol

nearby indicated it was across the street so I was prepared to run out in my pyjamas but luckily the GPS wigged out just enough so it appeared without me having to get up. Yes!

That moment when the GPS does the job for you. I got my only Hitmonlee that way, just sitting somewhere, GPS moves somewhat far away and bam wild Hitmonlee.

Yup, I'll always take a Magikarp. I'm at like 80 candy out of 400 and almost all of that is from eggs, lol.

That moment when the GPS does the job for you. I got my only Hitmonlee that way, just sitting somewhere, GPS moves somewhat far away and bam wild Hitmonlee.

That reminds me. The other day I caught 3 Hitmonlee. Not even at a nest or anything. Just randomly stumbled into one three different times throughout my day.

Every single one was shit. :(

HiResDes

I think the worst thing about the game, yes I'm harping on it again, but to through all the trouble to find something super rare in your town and evolve something like a Gengar or Alakazaam and realize that they're dogshit in combat.

zulux21

I think the worst thing about the game, yes I'm harping on it again, but to through all the trouble to find something super rare in your town and evolve something like a Gengar or Alakazaam and realize that they're dogshit in combat.

you can only hope that one day there will be a proper rebalance.

AdanVC

Good "Pokeday" today. I finally reached level 22 AND got 2 new mon' for the pokedex, Scyther and Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee hatched from a 10km egg and Scyther was caught on the wild. I might pull a lucky egg tomorrow for a massive evolve session since I have like 8 pokemon ready to evolve and all of them new for the pokedex! Plus lot's of pidgeys and ratattas as well. Been preparing this moment since weeks lmao.

KingBroly

Banned
don't know why you are complaining, magikarp is one of the top things you can get out of 2k eggs that isn't a starter.

way better than pidgy, weedle, sparrow, caterpie.
Im not really complaining about karp. Id just rather get bulbasaur or charmander or squirtle. Still need 200 plus karp candy too

MANUELF

Banned
Good "Pokeday" today. I finally reached level 22 AND got 2 new mon' for the pokedex, Scyther and Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee hatched from a 10km egg and Scyther was caught on the wild. I might pull a lucky egg tomorrow for a massive evolve session since I have like 8 pokemon ready to evolve and all of them new for the pokedex! Plus lot's of pidgeys and ratattas as well. Been preparing this moment since weeks lmao.

Are Scythers rare over there? Here we have a grass and bug problem, I already have every single pokemon of those types...

zulux21

Im not really complaining about karp. Id just rather get bulbasaur or charmander or squirtle. Still need 200 plus karp candy too

I suppose rereading your post you could be complaining about the pidgy, just read it as you were unhappy about the carp.

i mean you get bonus candy from hatching so it at least helps for that 200.

but yeah I would take a karp any day as starters are stupid rare from 2km.

one day I will eventually get a charmander, and it will become my buddy until the end of time... or until I get a charizard, what ever happens first :p

MouldyK

They made a device you needed to spend $ on that only uses the only type of ball that you can buy with $.

Never going to change unless you can buy other ball types.

Not to mention even when I'm just level 19, I get more Greatballs than Pokeballs from PokeStops...so the only way to get Pokeballs in a huge batch is to buy them...

EDIT: Actually, I've gained 3 Greatballs and 6 Pokeballs from like 3 Pokestops in 5 minutes and still managed to capture and get fled from.

So maybe my lucky with Normal Pokeballs has changed.

AdanVC

Are Scythers rare over there? Here we have a grass and bug problem, I already have every single pokemon of those types...

It's extremely rare. In fact, it is the first time I see it on the wild even with the help of radars! So I literally ran as fast as I could to catch it! Here is rock/ground land. Sandshrew, sandslash, geodude, rhyhorn, doduo, cubone and ponyta for some reason. They are as common as pidgeys over here!

I'm not going to waste any more time trying to get 10km eggs with such a limited number of incubators. I was hoping for a bigger farewell mass hatching, but I'm just going to do four at a time. Saturday will be the last day I play until I either visit/move to a city or finally pay for incubators, lucky eggs, and/or item storage.

I'm 70k EXP away from level 27, so I'm guaranteed to hit it with just one mass evolution session. I'm amazed I even made it this far by playing free, but I've finally hit the wall. The game is not rewarding my time anymore.

Biske

Through the game stop website I was able to set a Pokemon Go for In store pickup, the reserve functionality thing, I would be shocked if it works in the morning. But says every store has em in stock so was worth a try.

pringles

They made a device you needed to spend $ on that only uses the only type of ball that you can buy with $.

Never going to change unless you can buy other ball types.
Do people want to blindly throw away all their Great/Ultra balls on fodder pokemon? If a pokemon is worth a great ball it's worth catching yourself without the PG+ imo.

Firemind

By the way, would love to be confirmed. When the egg hatching time finishes, do we need to open the game and click the animation?
Or i can just keep the game in the background and use the Plus normally, then later check my new borns?
You need to open the app to hatch it.

Do people want to blindly throw away all their Great/Ultra balls on fodder pokemon? If a pokemon is worth a great ball it's worth catching yourself without the PG+ imo.
I have more than 300 great balls.

Still doesn't answer stardust.

Top Bottom