• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

zulux21

Make it to special events... this year, maybe? I would be surprised if they didn't include Gen 2 sometime down the line, followed by 3, 4, etc... Maybe half a year each? That would still be pretty damn long. Half a year would still be like 3-4 months from now, more than enough to catch most pokemon if you ever had the chance to begin with :p

BTW, did the spawns change like some people suggested would happen today?

Had to google the second one, the first one I could guess. So funny/interesting seeing the Pokemon names from countries that don't use the English or Japanese ones :p

given we still don't even have legendary events lined up for gen 1, I can't imagine gens will only be a half of a year apart.

I am going to guess it will be more like.

launch of a gen.
6 months later start legendary events, 1 legendary a month until you burn through them. (we have 6 of them if you include ditto and mew :p)
then launch the next gen, while rerunning the legendary events for 6 months then finally do gen 2 legendaries ect.

and that would be best case. I wouldn't be surprised if gens were more like 2 years apart if not 3 so that they don't catch up any time soon.

rj118

I'm in the same boat. My local gamestops are getting in like 30 per store, so your odds are good.

Go has died down for the average person.

I showed up at my local Gamestop right when they opened. There were only two units that weren't preordered and they were gone within minutes.
My friend and I bought them

tauke

Congrats on the Jynx!

WcJXEtw.png

5YopYs3.png

Thank you so much for jinxing my third 10KM egg! <3

At least it is not another Magmar. Jynx is a rare sight at my area so I'm so lucky to hatch it courtesy of pringles!

GulAtiCa

Got the Pokemon Go Plus today from Gamestop. Just walked into one this morning and picked one up, they had a few. So, if you want one. Go to Gamestop.

The thing is cool. Really love that I don't need my phone out as much anymore.

Only con is it seems to require you to be closer to a pokestop for it to get it, as doesn't always indicate there is one nearby as compared to doing it on the phone.

But, I mainly got this so I can walk around and count my steps/distance for the eggs/buddy. Will be interesting to see how much distance is added throughout the day from just walking around my office building

Sh0k

Gamestop only lists one Pokemon Go Plus in their website and it says Android compatible, does this also works with IOS ?

Kinokou

It's Snorlax in English! Also in Spain we use the English names. I think the only countries with unique names are France, Italy (some) and Germany? Besides Japan and the English names that all the other countries use!
I only know the names in English and some in Japanese (since I live here and my coworkers always just say the Japanese names, I'm slowly memorizing them...)

Which unique names do Italy have?

Busaiku

Canceled my preorder cause it wasn't originally gonna work with Android, so I was kinda worried about getting it today.
But I managed to get the last one not for preorders at my store.

Finally gonna get back into the game big time.

Canceled my preorder cause it wasn't originally gonna work with Android, so I was kinda worried about getting it today.
But I managed to get the last one not for preorders at my store.

Finally gonna get back into the game big time.

How early did you get there for it? And where do you live?

Undefined

Since this update ive noticed the login time has increased.
Restarting the app takes longer now on average so Im holding off on mass evolving for now.
Forced to get another pokemon storage upgrade because of this.

Anyone else notice this?

I showed up at my local Gamestop right when they opened. There were only two units that weren't preordered and they were gone within minutes.
My friend and I bought them

I got called in to work on my day off today. This guy is late for his meeting.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

tauke

Since this update ive noticed the login time has increased.
Restarting the app takes longer now on average so Im holding off on mass evolving for now.
Forced to get another pokemon storage upgrade because of this.

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this too on Android as I suspect it is doing the SafetyNet check so the phone is not rooted.

I placed a hold for mine at gamestop.

So does this work when in another app? I read something saying it works in lock screen but only when it's the "primary" (last viewed?) app. Yet I am in chrome now and see Go+ on the status bar.

For people who have 1800+ CP pokemon, were they at that point when you first evolved them or did you pump candy into them? I'm close to Gyrados but pogotoolkit predicts he'll be in the 1700 range, I want 1800+

at higher levels you run into those all the time. this morning I ran into a 1900 Golduck, the pokemon himself is probably 28 or 29. my favorite pokemon or ones that I feel I will never find in the wild like my slowBros I pump all the dust into them lol

georly

Managed to get one at my gamestop. They had 6 yesterday but mysteriously this morning they only had 3 - i'm guessing they were being held for people.

Does the go plus track distance with steps or does it use the GPS just like the game?

Basically - can i hatch eggs while on a treadmill or not?

I should probably just buy a Go Plus...that way I can use it while driving...you CAN use it while driving, right?

Yup.

I was just holding five gyms and in the time it took the impulse to hit the "collect now" button to go from my brain to my thumb, someone had taken one out.

I knew my luck was bad but that's a new low.

I should probably just buy a Go Plus...that way I can use it while driving...you CAN use it while driving, right?

Won't it still not track distance because you're going too fast?

I'm in the same boat. My local gamestops are getting in like 30 per store, so your odds are good.

Go has died down for the average person.

Mine got 7, and 3 were "reserved" despite the manager having told me twice previously that they weren't taking reservations. Good stuff.

Also to everyone in line with me this morning, please go take a shower. That's not what hair is supposed to look like. You know who you are.

BowieZ

Banned
Did anyone else get that update, that fixes a few Go+ issues?

Also MINOR TEXT FIXES WOOOO

I still can't believe they haven't fixed the issue of the black text network/clock/battery info being unreadable against the nighttime backgrounds (on iPhone at least).

at higher levels you run into those all the time. this morning I ran into a 1900 Golduck, the pokemon himself is probably 28 or 29. my favorite pokemon or ones that I feel I will never find in the wild like my slowBros I pump all the dust into them lol

I think I hit that wall where I have to use dust to keep up now. I'm like 5000xp away from level 24 but my evolutions seem to have plateaued around the 1500-1600 range. I haven't used dust on any pokemon ever since they were always being replaced, outside of that first week when I didn't know what to do and Powered Up my starter. I have 241,858 Stardust...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Pretty good day, found a Grimer in the wild close to work, pretty much the same place I found my Muk. So those 2 are done. Then caught a 91% Eevee, which evolved into a Flareon with Ember & Fire Blast. 98 s/c, gotta keep going.

Azole

Neo Member
I think I hit that wall where I have to use dust to keep up now. I'm like 5000xp away from level 24 but my evolutions seem to have plateaued around the 1500-1600 range. I haven't used dust on any pokemon ever since they were always being replaced, outside of that first week when I didn't know what to do and Powered Up my starter. I have 241,858 Stardust...

As long as you have a good IV with the moves set you want or an average CP with the moves set you want then dust them.

My gamestop had about 15 this morning.

I really wish the go plus worked better with pokestops. I'm low on Pokéballs and thought it would help but it doesn't. If anything it's worse because every pokemon escapes from it.
I thought it auto collected from pokestops but I guess not.

Firemind

This is brilliant.

Because the app is always connected with the Go+ and the GPS is super wonky on some android devices, I can rack up some serious distance by just staying in one place. I already hatched several 5km eggs and got a Lapras candy by doing nothing.

Flo_Evans

So I put my lapras in a gym I took over hoping someone would add something trainable... some popped a lower level lapras in there >_<

Gonna have to try and beat it with my jolteon to open another spot.

Growlie19

I went ahead and visited a local Machop nest before the supposed migration and went on a catching spree, obtaining 6 of them in total. Oddly enough, a Snorlax was also in the area. Only 650-ish CP, but still a lucky find. I also got the last candies I needed for Electrode (Tackle and Thunderbolt) and Dragonair (Dragon Breath and Aqua Tail).

My current goal is to build up some 10K eggs, five to be exact. I'm at four now, but I keep getting 5Ks.

HiResDes

For people who have 1800+ CP pokemon, were they at that point when you first evolved them or did you pump candy into them? I'm close to Gyrados but pogotoolkit predicts he'll be in the 1700 range, I want 1800+
I took a 98 percent perfect Vape from like 127cp to 1800 something all using stardust

MisterHero

Blasted Nintendo under-producing GO+. If it's true they weren't going to support Android before I'm gonna have to rethink my support of their mobile efforts.

They should've been taking orders all year long. They could've sold more amiibos, limited edition hardware, NES minis, etc. All they keep achieving is pissing people off.

HardRojo

Blasted Nintendo under-producing GO+. If it's true they weren't going to support Android before I'm gonna have to rethink my support of their mobile efforts.

They should've been taking orders all year long. They could've sold more amiibos, limited edition hardware, NES minis, etc. All they keep achieving is pissing people off.

I see Nintendo's understocking practices have creeped onto Pokémon Go too lol.

jotun?

So does the Go+ actually have its own GPS or anything? Or are they essentially just charging $35 to unlock a "run in background" feature that could technically work without it?

If the latter, I'd be happy to see someone write an app that just emulates it.

Top Bottom