• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

blueweltall

Neo Member
I ordered it off Amazon and supposedly it's coming sunday... sure

I bought it really because of the bebefit kf being able to play while driving. living in LA I'm in my car so much...imagine all the pokestops I can hit :p

Amazon has Sunday delivery with prime now so I don't see why that will be out of the question.

deanote666

Should I evolve my 100% shellder that is level 11 or my 84% 14/9/15 level 24 shellder? I don't have any extra candy.

I also evolved a nidoking with fury cutter and earthquake. Does it have any hope of living a normal life?

Trainer level 25.

zulux21

i wonder how well the battery will last on pokemon go plus.

at least it will cost less than 50 cents per replacement battery.

here's hoping they last at least a week.

Should I evolve my 100% shellder that is level 11 or my 84% 14/9/15 level 24 shellder? I don't have any extra candy.

I also evolved a nidoking with fury cutter and earthquake. Does it have any hope of living a normal life?

Trainer level 25.

I would evolve the level 24 Shellder and treat the 100% one as a long term project unless you already have a good ice attacker.

As far as Nidoking goes, even an "ideal" one isn't terribly useful, basically just being an EQ machine for those without a better option, so in that respect, it will have a totally normal life.

oti

Banned
So hold on. Suddenly the Plus DOES track steps and you CAN catch Pokémon that weren't in your Pokédex before? Why is it so hard for Niantic to communicate what this piece if plastic can do? Great. I bet it will be available again at Christmas or something. It's sold out and people try to sell it used for 70€.

jts

...hate me...
What do you guys mean about Go+ working in the car? If it counts kms regardless of speed that would seriously break the game.

I was thinking about getting the Go+ but I have an Apple Watch, so when I saw they were making an Apple Watch app I thought it would be a waste of money to get a Go+ as well. But boy it sure is hard to wait :/

Firemind

Is anyone finding that you have to be a lot closer to Pokéstops for the Go Plus to register them? With just my phone I can be right on the edge of the circle, but with the Plus it won't notify me until I'm almost right on top of it.
The Go+ has a ping interval of a few seconds. Because the range of Pokestops is smaller than the range of wild Pokemon, if you're in transit it really is random whether the device will pick up stops for you to activate. And then you have to hope there's no Pokemon nearby because it will prioritize the Pokemon. At least wild Pokemon have a reasonably big range.

oti

Banned
The Go+ has a ping interval of a few seconds. Because the range of Pokestops is smaller than the range of wild Pokemon, if you're in transit it really is random whether the device will pick up stops for you to activate. And then you have to hope there's no Pokemon nearby because it will prioritize the Pokemon. At least wild Pokemon have a reasonably big range.

So for places that you know are packed with Stops it's better to just use the phone? Ok, I could live with that.

Firemind

I just caught a 1036cp Mr. Mime with it so at least it's able to catch high cp rare Pokemon. They probably upped the catch rate for the Go+.

I just caught a 1036cp Mr. Mime with it so at least it's able to catch high cp rare Pokemon. They probably upped the catch rate for the Go+.

It's too early to establish that, I mean, we don't even know the Go+ catch rate yet. But I think it's safe to assume that the flee rate drastically increases if you are traveling at high speed.

And yeah, the distance counter is amazing with it.

Firemind

It's too early to establish that, I mean, we don't even know the Go+ catch rate yet. But I think it's safe to assume that the flee rate drastically increases if you are traveling at high speed.
I think it's just a flat rate honestly which is affected by whether the Pokemon is green, yellow, orange or red.

Also contrary to what I said earlier, eggs do hatch automatically.

Chopper

I think my Plus is running out of battery already. Every so often I get a short buzz and a red light. It also seems to automatically disconnect about every hour or so. :/

Firemind

I think my Plus is running out of battery already. Every so often I get a short buzz and a red light. It also seems to automatically disconnect about every hour or so. :/
That means it failed to connect to your phone. I think. I just eject the plus and turn the bluetooth off/on to reconnect.

GulAtiCa

I've noticed that it sometimes disconnects if I manually click on a different Pokemon when it's actively pointing to another as well. Maybe a bug?

Also, for me. The dump app after a few hours will tend to get confused and get stuck on refreshing and never finishes and I'm forced to restart the app. That's when it also tends to lose connection too. But this is on the app being dumb, not the +.

I've noticed that it sometimes disconnects if I manually click on a different Pokemon when it's actively pointing to another as well. Maybe a bug?

I thought that it should immediately disconnects if you manually touch one pokemon on the map in order to catch it or if you fight a gym.

GulAtiCa

After 35 buddy candies later, Golem is mine! Wish the move set was better. Ironically I hatched a Geodude and like 8 candies right after lol.
CskDStYWcAA_KIc.jpg

I thought that it should immediately disconnects if you manually touch one pokemon on the map in order to catch it or if you fight a gym.

Oh, it's suppose to do that? I thought it was a bug. lol.

HardRojo

Was there a nest migration in the last few days?

Apparently yes. I knew about 3 parks that were Oddish, Horsea and Seal nests, now none of them show their respective Pokémon anymore, in fact one became a Staryu nest and the other one became a Horsea nest lol, but the one that was an Oddish nest, I don't think it is a nest of any Pokémon anymore.

GulAtiCa

I wonder what my local Scyther nest will become.

Also, Cubone is now my new buddy! Just need 7 more candies, so 21 KM to go. Should have it by Wednesday.

I hope my Seel nest doesn't change yet as I still don't have Dewgong.
Well unless they turn it into a Charmander or Gastly nest. In that case go on.

My hometown has been spawning better pokemon this weekend as well. These past two days there have been more Charmander, Vulpix, Gastly and Squirtle. I've also seen Poliwrath, Rhydon, Starmie, Slowbro and even a Dragonite.

Awayze

Neo Member
Woken up by loud family this morning so half asleep, opened up Pokemon nearby and couldn't believe there was a Snorlax outside.
One pokeball later and he was mine. My first true rare Pokemon

So what's the consensus on Go+ so far?

Do the positives outweigh the negatives?

FInally got my shipping update from Amazon, will arrive Wednesday, so still plenty of time to cancel it...

zulux21

used my plus at work today. noticed a few odd things with it.

if you are just using it for distance checking not only do you need to open the app every 60-90 minutes, but you have to reset the app in order to be able to connect again.

once it reaches this state the game gets messed up in general. during the restart of the app I would typically gain about .5km to my eggs and I wasn't running before hand so there is some sort of back log of data going on.

Growlie19

Hatched a Geodude from a 2K, which means I have my first Graveler! I'm also just two candies away from Raichu thanks to the buddy system! Clefairy is just seven away, so it'll be my next buddy. My Pokédex is sitting at 105 seen and caught.

oti

Banned
I really hope that they don't fix it, cause something is definitely fishy with the distance counter.

I wish they would do something for us owners though. This could be it. Hey, you paid $40 for this, now you can hatch eggs whenever. That would be cool.

cHinzo

I wish they gave up 1 candy per km for every starter and not only Pikachu. Especially since they are rare as fck and u need 100 candies for the 3rd evolution. >_>

Ran 4 miles today, confirmed on map tracker and my garmin. Eggs only registered 3k ugh. I love that trail but not at the cost of leveling up my Grimer.

rc213

Went out today for 5hrs of shopping, eating, errands. Only registered about 4.7km but i didn't have to look at my phone for Pokemon. Caught about 15 mons, Tons of pokestops were triggered. 19% battery drained in those 5 hrs so that's pretty awesome.

Totally worth it!

I'm pretty much done with this game for a while.

If it wasn't for the Snorlax, my mass egg hatching would have been a total disaster. I hatched eight eggs at once: 4 of them were 10km eggs and the others were 5km.

I hatched Poliwag, Ekans, Drowzee, and Gastly for goodness sake! I don't mind some repeats, because my Exeggutor is amazing and it really needs more Exeggcute candy. However, these 5km hatches were probably the worst ones ever. I still don't have Diglett or Ponyta in my Pokedex at all, so those would have been OK. There are about six more 5km Pokemon that I've never hatched, and I only have caught one of them.

The 10km hatches were mostly depressing except for one. I got 2 Eevees, 1 Onix, and 1 Snorlax. The Snorlax has underwhelming IVs, but he has Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam! I'm not going to complain, and I already have him up to 2178 CP. He is my strongest Pokemon now.

I was definitely hoping for some new Pokemon from the 10kms, and Lapras is definitely my most wanted. I'm all out of Incubators, and I really won't be spending time on Gyms anymore.

I'm hesitant to spend money on this game, because I might get screwed. I still have unfinished business, though. I haven't fully farmed my Abra nest, and I'm getting pretty close to Alakazam. I have tons of Pikachu and Squirtle candy, but I have not hatched or caught a wild version of these Pokemon with good stats. I'm also pretty close to getting Kabutops, because there is a Kabuto nest in town.

I got Vileplume, Magneton, and Weezing through evolution. The Weezing is total ass. It didn't have good IVs in the first place, and it learned Dark Pulse. Weezing wouldn't have been used, so Vileplume's moveset is much more important. Vileplume has Razor Leaf and Petal Blizzard, which is good enough for me. I have three really good Grass attackers to fight the water types. I don't care about Magneton that much, but it got Thunder Shock and Flash Cannon, which isn't bad.

That was a long post, but this was pretty much my last day of serious play until I either relocate or put money into it. These are my stats:

350 km walked
116 Seen/Caught
132 Eggs Hatched
2813 Pokemon obtained
4876 PokeStops visited

If I lived in a city, I would have already finished the entire Pokedex.

Top Bottom