• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Ozone

I was thinking about getting the Go+ but I have an Apple Watch, so when I saw they were making an Apple Watch app I thought it would be a waste of money to get a Go+ as well. But boy it sure is hard to wait :/
I have an Apple Watch and bought a Go+ anyway. Just clipped it to my watch strap and it's been great so far. Press the button, then turn my wrist and get the notification. No need to pull out my phone.

Trogdor1123

Good at leveling very low level gyms.

Not that I noticed. I seem to have no trouble catching 700+ Eevees with regular balls. And other Pokemon. Just bad luck I assume.
I assume your not talking about caterpie, weedles or any other very low CP Pokemon.

no, i mean low level ones like caterpies and weedles

took me over 100 balls to get a dragonite but its better than not getting it

Poliwag is like a top ten mon breh

Oh you're a collector...

If this post is directed at me, then you probably misinterpreted something. The fact that I even mention moves and stats suggests that I do care somewhat about the PVP aspects of this game, but whatever.

I'm pretty blessed to have Poliwrath with Bubble and Hydro Pump, but I would like some Pokemon that are less common, you know.

I can't believe this but just today THREE Dragonites have spawned in the same area. I just captured one with ?? CP and it fell with the first normal ball I threw to it. It was a 1800CP Dragonite with Dragon Claw.

This makes up for my Gyarados getting Twister.

Returned both mine and my wife's go plus today. Juse wasn't helpful for us. Hatched about 8 eggs though and got the last few candy I needed for starmie, wartortle, Venusaur and seadra, so it was a good day

Radec

Is it me or is it pokemon go app doesn't restart often now after the update?

Back then when I minimize the game and open chrome or Facebook, pogo will restart. Even though I have 3gb of ram.

Good shit Niantic.

rc213

I actually ended up with more Pokeballs/Great/Ultra from before going out today. Highest Pokemon caught as 542 Eevee

Did not notice additional drain in Gsam battery stats from having PokeGo+ paired to my Axon 7 along with my Xiaomi MiBand 2 all day.

Marvie_3

Banned
GF surprised me with PGP's for each of us. So awesome. Plus my phone doesn't overheat or run the battery down in under an hour.

zulux21

I wonder how long the battery in the pokemon go plus will last... hmmm

*searches through batteries and ultimately decides to buy "CR2032 Sony Lithium 3V Battery 50 Pcs"*

it's weird how the default prime seller will only get it to me by friday, changed sellers and for $17 I will have 50 batteries for my go plus on tuesday.

ideally it will last at least until then.

I am guessing it will last 30-50 hours of use.
ideally it would be longer, but I will start with 50 batteries for now as I don't want to run out.

oti

Banned
I have an Apple Watch and bought a Go+ anyway. Just clipped it to my watch strap and it's been great so far. Press the button, then turn my wrist and get the notification. No need to pull out my phone.

That's pretty cool.

jts

...hate me...
It actually gives you KM until you hit 50 MPH. So work them eggs!

This is killing me.

Now I want one but not only they are not available, I feel like the speed limit will be patched by the time I get one.

With my daily commute I would hatch an insane amount of eggs and get lots of buddy candy :mad:

zulux21

It actually gives you KM until you hit 50 MPH. So work them eggs!

I can't find anyone else saying this, and it doesn't match my personal experience with driving home either. (I got a tiny bit of distance on the way there and home, but I also drive a route that is 20mph with a number of stop signs. I didn't get anywhere near my actual distance)
, i did catch pokemon and get a stop without to much issue though)

in fact I am reading that people who tested it are finding around a 10KM/h limit to get any sort of accurate distance and going any faster than that might get you some distance, but a very tiny amount.

tHLry0d.png

I mean maybe a certain subset of configurations gets around it as a bug, but I don't see anyone really talking about it tracking distance while driving for your eggs.

on the flip side a number of people are talking that it is more accurate for tracking distance with in normal limits than the app.

edit: digging around some more I found one person saying they might have gotten distance while going 25-35mph
and another that said that they get a little distance while driving slow but nothing game changing.

Kinokou

350 km walked
116 Seen/Caught
132 Eggs Hatched
2813 Pokemon obtained
4876 PokeStops visited

If I lived in a city, I would have already finished the entire Pokedex.

I'm in a city (probably not by US standards) and I can see why you would feel a bit fed up when all my stats are lower than yours, except for the seen caught sitting at 121/123 and going up to 122/124 if I evolved my Kabuto.

oti

Banned

I tried to do this with a dirt cheap smartwatch I bought for funsies (no Android Wear) but it doesn't work. Does Pokémon GO+ actually push a notification on iOS? On Android it's just a banner on the lock screen, not a notification as far as I can tell.

GeoGonzo

I can't see myself buying the PoGo Plus right now.

It's a weird thing because when I enjoy a free game I usually buy some stuff to support the developers, but I often do this late because buying any premium currency always "taints" the game and I instantly lose interest.

But this Plus thing... something about it rubs me the wrong way. It seems like one of its main selling points (tracking of distance with a locked phone) is ABSOLUTELY bullshit, tons of apps already do this without extraneous gadgets. So what exactly is the split of incompetence and greed going on here? 50/50? 20/80? I'd simply love to know.

Firemind

Never check your logs. I already had Dratini and Squirtle run away. Gutted.

In more positive news, my 1500cp Rhydon can easily beat a 2300cp Arcanine and the Arcanine had Bulldoze. Also he can beat 1800ish Snorlax with Body Slam. Hyper Beam you probably have to dodge. It's fucking stupid there's no real Snorlax counter. It's weak to Fighting and then you give it Zen Headbutt. And it has Lick to add insult to Gengars around the world. Dumb dumb dumb.

GulAtiCa

I had a squirtle and bulbasour run away while driving last night. I mean, I was never going to be able to try to manually catch them, nor actually even see them. Lol

Yesterday was like a bulbasour day for me. Hatched 2 of them, caught one and an Ivysaur. Now have like 55 candies. My Venosaur will be full for a nice while!

Just took down a level 10 gym more or less solo. My girlfriend helped me get it to 8 or 9, but she ran out of potions so I did it all the rest of the way. Put in my starter, a CP 14 Bulbasaur, because fuck Valor. :)

There was a total cheater in it too (and all the other gyms in my girlfriend's neighborhood). She has a Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan, and Farfetch'd (we've seen each in various gyms), so pretty much definitely a GPS spoofer. Plus, we're like 100% sure we saw her in action. We were trying to take gyms and she was hitting them all right away after we finished with them, and yet we didn't see anyone around. And she'd need to be in a car (like we were) to catch up with us that fast, and at the places we were a car within the gym radius would be immediately noticeable.

Firemind

It is. It's an iPhone 5s. I got it working out of nowhere somehow. I just held the button down longer and I got the app to recognize it.

Seriously, this thing needs a bit more documentation.
It's probably one that's been traded in. It locks onto your phone the first time you use it until you unlock it.

My colleague wanted to see if I was bullshitting him when I told him I'm hatching eggs during work hours so I found the following on their website:

Unpairing Pokémon GO Plus from your device
To use the Pokémon GO Plus with another device, you’ll need to unpair the Pokémon GO Plus.

1. Press the function button. The light will flash blue, indicating that the accessory is paired.
2. Wait until the accessory has stopped blinking.
3. Press and hold the function button for 5 seconds. The indicator light will turn solid blue.
4. Release the function button.
5. While the light is solid blue, press and hold the function button for another 5 seconds. When the Pokémon GO Plus vibrates, it has been successfully unpaired from your device.
So, yeah, you had to press it two times for five seconds to manually unlock it.

Vipu

Banned
I finally worked up the courage to evolve my second Magikarp.

It got Bite and Hydro Pump.

Grats, now you can throw it in the same corner with rest of the useless pokemons and keep looking for more dragonite/vaporeon/lapras/snorlax.

Yrael

Grats, now you can throw it in the same corner with rest of the useless pokemons and keep looking for more dragonite/vaporeon/lapras/snorlax.

At this point I'm basically collecting "good moveset" and "good IV" Pokemon as trophies - there isn't really much of an endgame now that I'm close to finishing the Pokedex.

jts

...hate me...
I tried to do this with a dirt cheap smartwatch I bought for funsies (no Android Wear) but it doesn't work. Does Pokémon GO+ actually push a notification on iOS? On Android it's just a banner on the lock screen, not a notification as far as I can tell.
In iOS there is no banners as a distinct thing from notifications. It's all notifications.

oti

Banned
In iOS there is no banners as a distinct thing from notifications. It's all notifications.

I see. On Android it's just a constant banner that updates with the events. So no notifications. Bummer. Was thinking about getting a dirt cheap Android Wear watch because of this lol.

Yrael

Not sure if Hyper Beam is a good defending move though. It's so easy to dodge!

Can't complain though. Thing has 200 HP!

Zen Headbutt/Hyper Beam is generally considered to be the best defensive moveset (although yeah, it does depend on the opponent's skill level when it comes to dodging).

Kitoro

I wasn't aware that the Go Plus released yesterday until yesterday was almost done. Ugh! I'd have really loved to get one, but can't imagine an opportunity will arise for one for another few weeks at least.

Are there any threads or sites worth refreshing with active users posting updates on inventory? Thanks!

oti

Banned
My first Dragonite! :D Took me two months to find the 125 candies needed to evolve, since they are rare as fck here. Happy with the moveset.

I have yet so see a single one of those. A single one. And Snorlax. On which bridge is that lazy jerk sleeping again?

Flo_Evans

Got a snorlax getting donuts this morning! Hit level 25, and evolved a vaporeon with hydro pump!

Gotta farm some potions though damn. Wish I would have gotten a go plus >_< everyone was sold out by the time I stated looking.

Top Bottom