• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I have no idea which gyms some of my pokemon are in. I wish you could click on the gym icon that displays above them and it would show/tell you which gym it is.

GulAtiCa

I have no idea which gyms some of my pokemon are in. I wish you could click on the gym icon that displays above them and it would show/tell you which gym it is.

Me too. I was literally thinking about this on Friday, since I had 2 at that point where I had NO idea where I put them.. lol

8bit

Knows the Score
Put Koffing on Buddy duty as I have 43 candies. Spotted a Weezing nearby and headed to the usual spawning point and it appears. Throw a Razz and then follow up with a excellent ultra ball and it escaped and ran away on first attempt.

*shakes fist*

deanote666

Had a junk IV CP360 Eevee break out of several great and ultra balls earlier before being caught.

Had a 80%+ IV 1180CP Venomoth caught on the first ultra ball.

Yay, balance!

Trainer level 25

Flo_Evans

Had a junk IV CP360 Eevee break out of several great and ultra balls earlier before being caught.

Had a 80%+ IV 1180CP Venomoth caught on the first ultra ball.

Yay, balance!

Trainer level 25

Praise RNG Jesus. Although I am getting tired of pigedy in my 2k eggs. Still don't have any fully evolved starters.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What app is that?

PokéRater
. I don't feel comfortable using PGnexus anymore because you need your login. This has become a good replacement, especially with the latest update. You can now select every appraisal line, so it can calculate more accurately. You only need a screen of the pokémon, and now there's a prompt to delete it immediately from your photo library as well.

I find it very amusing when I suggest to ppl to just DL the latest pokemon go apk instead of waiting and like 5 ppl say "oh no well you're gonna get banned if you don't DL in the official market place!" Lol

I have two accounts where I'm playing pokemon go legitimately (pay for pokeballs and incubators and etc.) and my other account I'm using the controller root app to walk around while staying at home while I try to collect every pokemon that's out there with a fresh account. I have no intentions of taking over gyms. Only collect neighboring gyms for more resources. No intentions of teleporting either.

Flo_Evans

Bubble strat fail... I tried placing my 68cp horsea in a gym and beating him with my 30cp bulbasuar. He could never do it. I even powered him a bit more to get 600 prestige or so but that horsea just kept owning him.

What's the best combo/moveset for bubblestrat? I was having good luck with my "struggle strat" magickarp vs almost anything... I want a proper bubble team though!

I find it very amusing when I suggest to ppl to just DL the latest pokemon go apk instead of waiting and like 5 ppl say "oh no well you're gonna get banned if you don't DL in the official market place!" Lol

I have two accounts where I'm playing pokemon go legitimately (pay for pokeballs and incubators and etc.) and my other account I'm using the controller root app to walk around while staying at home while I try to collect every pokemon that's out there with a fresh account. I have no intentions of taking over gyms. Only collect neighboring gyms for more resources. No intentions of teleporting either.

It's easy to cheat the game if you stay under the radar, so to speak. It's the people warping around and hitting 35 in a day that are getting caught.

zulux21

vgcats finally got on the pokemon go train

160919.gif

and like usual they are running a joke that has been done to death way to late :p

Firemind

Praise RNG Jesus. Although I am getting tired of pigedy in my 2k eggs. Still don't have any fully evolved starters.
Pidgeot with Hurricane is actually really useful. I'm gonna save all my high IV Pidgeottos when I'm lvl. 30 and evolve them.

Bubble strat fail... I tried placing my 68cp horsea in a gym and beating him with my 30cp bulbasuar. He could never do it. I even powered him a bit more to get 600 prestige or so but that horsea just kept owning him.

What's the best combo/moveset for bubblestrat? I was having good luck with my "struggle strat" magickarp vs almost anything... I want a proper bubble team though!
Let me guess, team Mystic?

Flo_Evans

Pidgeot with Hurricane is actually really useful. I'm gonna save all my high IV Pidgeottos when I'm lvl. 30 and evolve them.

Let me guess, team Mystic?

No Valor.... I am reading now though you really need a diglett.

oh well hope someone else can prestige him.

MisterHero

vgcats finally got on the pokemon go train

and like usual they are running a joke that has been done to death way to late :p
the real joke is that you buy pokeballs and have the game crash on a rare pokemon

that is no longer true

my game crashed on a 10cp magikarp

Flo_Evans

Not necessarily... check this out for more options: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/bubblestrat-possibilities
:3

ah ok, I still don't have a proper set up.

Oh, sorry. I forgot Mystink are actually competent
at cheating.

I don't really consider bubblestrat "cheating" its an exploit sure, but built into the game. You sacrifice a nice high spot in a gym to support your team.

anyway now the gym is

cp68 horsea (me)
cp1000 pidgeot (why)
cp1700 venusaur
cp1800 snorlax

Don't expect it to last long. :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lawd, my eggs lately. Nothing but weedle/caterpie/spearow/pidgey in the 2km, and my latest 2 5km's were Meowths. I now have 100 meowth candies and I never even catch them anymore, all from eggs. More ekans/growlithe please, or my first machop.

I did get a second Omanyte from a 10km, which is 1 candy away from Omanyte. Never found one in the wild. Which is why I'll keep on hatching. If you put up with all the crap, sooner or later you do get something good :p

zulux21

so... given the connection problems I am having with pokemon go plus today it seems like the battery life is somewhere between 10-20 hours :/

luckily my 50 pack of batteries should be here tomorrow.

Firemind

I don't really consider bubblestrat "cheating" its an exploit sure, but built into the game. You sacrifice a nice high spot in a gym to support your team.
I've actually seen people use a second account to defeat the lowest Pokemon in a lvl. 10 gym so that one of their friends can join.

JavyOO7

Weird. I have the Moto Z force Droid (just bought it a month ago) and works fine on my Moto. Granted, I don't know much about the Moto X Pure, but I would figure that there wouldn't be much difference between the 2 for the Go + to work.

Yeah man, X Pure 2015 has something up with its bluetooth radio. It sucks. Either I get a new Android phone soon or an iPhone... the device is actually really neat. Its just the problem with my campus is there's at least... 12 Pokestops but no Pokemon. Its only after you venture a half mile away from campus where there's stuff coming into your sightings.

edit - Omfg. My boy, Pinsir, is still out there at the gym in campus. Either Mystic people put their shit and leveled up the gym or no one has bothered to touch it. Only 13 more hours...

cd6d922bfd.png

Hopefully Niantic lets me change moves eventually.

GulAtiCa

Nearly a week later since hitting level 26, and now have almost 75k stardust! (I had like 0 last Wednesday) Those 2k & 5k eggs really give you a lot. Like my 5k eggs been averaging me about 1600 nowadays. Taking a lot of gyms recently helping too.

My current top 12:

Radec

Finally got enough candy for my 3rd Gyarados. This time a 100IV carp.

Ofcourse it got a fucking Twister lol.

it seems that Niantic removed a gym that I could see from my house...with my 2500 cp dragonite still in it. I guess it's free coins and stardust for life since it still says it's in there. now I know how those people that leave Pokémon in gyms on islands feel...

First ever Blastoise turned up outside my window. I'm still at 28 Squirtle candy. The bastard took a ton of balls and berries and then ran away.

zulux21

You cant recharge it?

pokemon go plus doesn't use rechargeable batteries it uses CR2032 batteries (aka basically watch batteries)

given that my pokemon go plus isn't staying connected more than a few minutes now I figure I need a new battery. If not then my plus has broken in a few days of use. (the thing disconnects every 45 minutes or so even when working properly which is lame for a work shift but still)

my total play time with it synced was somewhere between 10-20 hours. which wouldn't be unexpected with such a tiny battery constantly connected to something. Thus why I figure it's just the battery that needs changed.

luckily they aren't that expensive. like 30 cents a battery.

MANUELF

Banned
You know what bad luck with Snorlax is? Not ever seeing one or getting one out of an egg.

Just today got a damn Elektrabuzz again. ;___;
And I have a SEVERE need for electric pokemon, the only one I have seen in the wild is pikachu ;_;
pokemon go plus doesn't use rechargeable batteries it uses CR2032 batteries (aka basically watch batteries)

given that my pokemon go plus isn't staying connected more than a few minutes now I figure I need a new battery. If not then my plus has broken in a few days of use. (the thing disconnects every 45 minutes or so even when working properly which is lame for a work shift but still)

my total play time with it synced was somewhere between 10-20 hours. which wouldn't be unexpected with such a tiny battery constantly connected to something. Thus why I figure it's just the battery that needs changed.

luckily they aren't that expensive. like 30 cents a battery.
Thanks for the info, will have to take it into consideration if I ever want to buy the pokemon go plus

BowieZ

Banned
God getting from level 32 to level 33 is a slog.

Sitting at 600,000 out of 750,000.

Not looking forward to 34 and 35...

Scizor will be a beastly Snorlax counter so there's that. Resists Zen Headbutt, Body Slam and Hyper Beam, neutral to Lick and EQ.

Tyranitar will probably still be better though since it resists everything but EQ.

Everytime I catch/hatch a Scyther, I say to myself: "One day..."

Tyranitar will dominate the next metagame, as long as the fighting type keeps being bad.

Everytime I catch/hatch a Scyther, I say to myself: "One day..."

Tyranitar will dominate the next metagame, as long as the fighting type keeps being bad.

Hopefully my Steel Wing Dragonite can shine at that time :v
And my 100% Hitmonchan with RockSmash as well ;_;

Live believing!

Top Bottom