• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

MANUELF

Banned
This is my top 12 nowadays
CsyZrf9W8AAwpOS.jpg

Firemind

That doesn't have anything to do with bubblestrat tho. Having two accounts is against the ToS, bubblestratting is not.
Even I have two accounts: a Google account and a Pokemon Trainer Club account. I changed to PTC once I realized I couldn't change my nickname.

Now I'm up to 127 in the Pokedex after a trip to the US I'm intent on completing it... but I'm not planning a trip to Asia or Australasia any time soon, is there no other way to get the region exclusives? They don't hatch from eggs do they?

If I swapped accounts with someone in another region so we could catch the exclusives on each other's behalf, would that be considered cheating?

GulAtiCa

Now I'm up to 127 in the Pokedex after a trip to the US I'm intent on completing it... but I'm not planning a trip to Asia or Australasia any time soon, is there no other way to get the region exclusives? They don't hatch from eggs do they?

If I swapped accounts with someone in another region so we could catch the exclusives on each other's behalf, would that be considered cheating?
Yes. Basically the same as GPS spoofing. They might detect that and ban you. Be careful.

70k? So start hoarding weak Pokemon and Candy and prepare for a mass evolution with an lucky egg. 52.000 exp is what I made with an lucky egg, and people in this thread said, 60-70k is possible.

Yes, im catching and saving Pidgeys and others for that.
I like to leisurely enjoy the mass evolution time so i often do around 50k only :p

I have found a location that spawned a Porygon there on three different days at around 13:30.

Is it safe to assume it will spawn there everyday consistently around that same time?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I swapped Dratini for Slowpoke as my buddy yesterday. Went back home, but when I was midway to work today I noticed the buddy had glitched somehow and was stuck at 0km. I removed it and put it back again and it started counting the steps immediately. Thought it was amusing that of all Pokemons this happened with Slowpoke.

Firemind

This morning I put a 2068CP Slowbro four from the bottom of a lvl. 9 gym with respectively 2, 4, and 6 CP more than the bottom three. Turns out IVs do matter!

Really curious how the distance tracking in PoGo+ works. At my job I have the screen on/app open all day. The GPS always adjusts so I usually get 2ish km per day just leaving it open as my avatar just sorta slowly walks every so often. Now that I have PG+, I'm wondering which type of distance tracking it uses? Does the app take priority over the PG+? Is the PG+ a pedometer, or does it just use the data from the app, in more of background mode. If I'm connected to my PG+ and I'm just sitting here all day with the phone screen off will I get any distance?

Go Plus has been kinda neat so far, but one issue is that it seems to disconnect after some length of time. I don't know if this is an intentional power-off scenario (I've spent the vast majority of my Go Plus time stationary, so maybe it automatically turns off when it thinks it's not in use) or a bug. Anyone else have this issue?

deanote666

Go Plus has been kinda neat so far, but one issue is that it seems to disconnect after some length of time. I don't know if this is an intentional power-off scenario (I've spent the vast majority of my Go Plus time stationary, so maybe it automatically turns off when it thinks it's not in use) or a bug. Anyone else have this issue?

Does it turn off automatically when you guys aren't moving around much, aren't near any stops, near mons? Does it turn off when you are moving, near stops, near mons?

If the former, I would say it's a power saving function, either on the device or phone.

Does your phone have a power save setting that could turn off bluetooth or does the bluetooth settings have a time out function?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I hope they update the go plus accessory to have an option to turn off the Pokemon notification. Irritating it going off every few seconds and catching crap.

Marvie_3

Banned
Really curious how the distance tracking in PoGo+ works. At my job I have the screen on/app open all day. The GPS always adjusts so I usually get 2ish km per day just leaving it open as my avatar just sorta slowly walks every so often. Now that I have PG+, I'm wondering which type of distance tracking it uses? Does the app take priority over the PG+? Is the PG+ a pedometer, or does it just use the data from the app, in more of background mode. If I'm connected to my PG+ and I'm just sitting here all day with the phone screen off will I get any distance?
Yeah. I got about 3km the other night with the PG+ while playing NHL 17. My character was walking around because the GPS was all wonky.

It seems to turn off after awhile if it isnt being used. Not 100% on that though.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else here ignore dodging? Outside of the most extreme wind ups, I usually just keep attacking and take the hit.
I'll dodge if I'm weak against type, and special moves.

Otherwise, I will generally try to dodge everything in a training battle to survive 3+ Pokemon.

The Go Plus needs an option to disable catching Pokémon. It's perfect for Pokéstops and distance tracking, but it's terrible for catching Pokémon. I'd prefer to not even be notified, or at least have the option to make it a lower priority than Pokestops. It's at the point I just ignore the buzzing unless it's a blue light.

There's nothing worse than driving through an area where you know there are a lot of Pokéstops and suddenly that green light appears. It basically makes you miss all of the Pokéstops if you don't feel like taking your phone out.

Damn it, Team Mystic has a damn death grip on near every gym in my city. Spent like an hour reducing a 30k gym because they're right next to my workplace (and I cannot let that stand as a team d0nglord member)

Does it turn off automatically when you guys aren't moving around much, aren't near any stops, near mons? Does it turn off when you are moving, near stops, near mons?

If the former, I would say it's a power saving function, either on the device or phone.

Does your phone have a power save setting that could turn off bluetooth or does the bluetooth settings have a time out function?

Shuts off when I'm near (but not within activation distance of) stops, and it shuts off when I'm within activation distance of spawn points but there are no spawns. I've also had it die on me at least once right after collecting some pokemon via Go+. In all cases, I've been stationary. I don't believe I have any Bluetooth power saving options; I use Bluetooth headphones normally and have never had issues keeping them connected, even without any sound playing.

I did take it out for an actual walk at lunch, and despite some periods of waiting around, it didn't shut off on me, so maybe it is an auto-off feature. More testing is required, clearly.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got the Plus in today. Threw a couple of balls, every Pokémon ran away so far, it's 0/5. I'd say the one big draw is walking without having your phone. The distance is tracked perfectly.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got the Plus in today. Threw a couple of balls, every Pokémon ran away so far, it's 0/5. I'd say the one big draw is walking without having your phone. The distance is tracked perfectly.
Distance definitely seems to track better with PG+ than it did having the app open.

Had kind of amazing luck the last couple days :D (Big post, sorry can't resize at the moment.)

First ever wild Dragonite two months later xD. Second Wild Venusaur, the first one ran over a month ago >_>

Chancey and Hitmanchan hatched out of back-to-back eggs since I've never seen a wild one for either here.

Oh and I picked up the Go+ It's pretty neat, but yeah you do sorta need to be closer to pokestops. It is nice how it saves the battery life though.

AdanVC

God getting from level 32 to level 33 is a slog.

Sitting at 600,000 out of 750,000.

Not looking forward to 34 and 35...

Jesuschrist... I don't think I'm gonna make it that far away into this game. I'm level 22 now and I'm already overwhelmed that I need 100k to go to level 23...

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Had kind of amazing luck the last couple days :D (Big post, sorry can't resize at the moment.)

First ever wild Dragonite two months later xD. Second Wild Venusaur, the first one ran over a month ago >_>

Chancey and Hitmanchan hatched out of back-to-back eggs since I've never seen a wild one for either here.

Oh and I picked up the Go+ It's pretty neat, but yeah you do sorta need to be closer to pokestops. It is nice how it saves the battery life though.

maaaaan a chansey id do dark things for a chansey

8bit

Knows the Score

Does the app need to be running on your phone?

Welp, Plus from Gamestop shipped yesterday or today..no notification, i only checked on it when a friend told me hers shipped.

Man Gamestop has slow af shipping. Im spoiled by Amazon prime. Anything longer than a few days is too long.

Im hoping it'll come by Saturday for work to try it out but man I should have just checked in the physical store or something.

Yeah Go + is kinda weird. Like, my favorite thing it does it save the battery on your phone but failure rate is pretty high at least what I've noticed against me throwing them myself. Plus, it doesn't throw curveballs, or go for "Nice, Great or Excellent" throws for you.

Not to mention you can't even use Great or Ultra Balls which I have in far more abundance.

Not sure how long I'll hold on to mine, might even sell it.

zulux21

Yeah Go + is kinda weird. Like, my favorite thing it does it save the battery on your phone but failure rate is pretty high at least what I've noticed against me throwing them myself. Plus, it doesn't throw curveballs, or go for "Nice, Great or Excellent" throws for you.

Not to mention you can't even use Great or Ultra Balls which I have in far more abundance.

Not sure how long I'll hold on to mine, might even sell it.

if it's that big of a deal... you could always take out your phone when the light goes off and use the balls you want :p

anyways got my new batteries in, switched out the battery (wasn't to bad to do) and it seems to be working much better now, so I think my battery started going after the 10-20 hours of use.

it doesn't seem plus has a way to tell you when the battery is getting low, which is lame :/

Gamepress says catch rate for Go+ is exactly the same as normal pokeball tosses without bonuses. Full chart. Obviously, with actual tosses, there's a chance the pokemon will stick around after a failed toss, whereas the Go+ causes all pokemon to flee on failure, so the real-world success rate is still lower.

The areas I tend to pass through on my commute are a) heavily mined already, with few/no new pokemon showing up, and b) kind of crap for decent pokemon anyways (weedle/rattata/pidgey central), so I don't care at all about Go+ as a tool for catching pokemon. In fact, I kind of wish I could just shut that feature off, because I just hit the button every time it vibrates and then have to remember to go into my pokemon list and burn a bunch of trash pokemon.

Top Bottom