• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Awayze

Neo Member
Gym near me has been Valor for the past 10 or so days. Same Pokemon, even the lowest cp 700 or so Victreebell hasn't won any battle.
Games dead in my area, hilarious if the players don't get their Pokemon back anytime this year as there's 2000+ Snorlax and Lapras.

Replicant

All wild starters (Pikachu aside):

* annoyingly hard to catch
* have shit IVs and CPs
* tend to have 0 attack

Fix this shit, Niantic!

GulAtiCa

Have shit CPs? Almost all of my wild Bulbasours and Squirtles have been 400+ CP. Heck, caught an 1004 Ivysaur last night.

I wish they had shit CPs, make them easier to catch.

HardRojo

All wild starters (Pikachu aside):

* annoyingly hard to catch
* have shit IVs and CPs
* tend to have 0 attack

Fix this shit, Niantic!
Yeah, I've caught about 60 Charmanders now and, of course, none of them is viable due to the glitch. If not for it I'm sure at least 2 of them would be very viable as Charizards.

Flo_Evans

Venusaur got solar beam
Poliwrath got hydro pump

Arcanine got... bulldoze.

Game was also generally an unplayable mess today. Had to quit like 50 times.

Replicant

Have shit CPs? Almost all of my wild Bulbasours and Squirtles have been 400+ CP. Heck, caught an 1004 Ivysaur last night.

I wish they had shit CPs, make them easier to catch.

Really? Ugh. Most of the Bulbasaurs and Squirtles with good CPs usually come from eggs IME. Ivysaur with 1004? JFC! My Ivysaur are on the low end of 100-200cp and I'm level 25. I know that if there's a Ivysaur nearby, 9/10 it's usually not worth pursuing since it'll have shit CP/IVs. :/

Yeah, I've caught about 60 Charmanders now and, of course, none of them is viable due to the glitch. If not for it I'm sure at least 2 of them would be very viable as Charizards.

At this point, I'd take any Charmanders. There aren't enough of them in my area and I live in a big city. They are more rare than Dratini or Eeve, FFS!

Vipu

Banned

I got 2x 82%+ IV charmanders and I have catched total like 5 (those 2 good I got from eggs).

Flo_Evans

It's bulbabsaur > squirtle >>> charmander here.

Evee and exeggcute are common so the gyms are all exeggcutor and vaporeon.

Snorlax is rare but not impossible. I've caught 4 and seen plenty on scanners. At least one in every lv10 gym.

Dragonite is still elusive. I've caught one dartini and seen a few spawn points. I've heard of people catching wild ones.

Lapras never seen. Rare to see in gyms I think everyone got them from eggs.

Growlie19

Used a Lucky Egg and made it to level 25! I also got a Nidoqueen with Poison Jab and Earthquake, so overall a really good day. 108 registered in my dex.

Replicant

It's bulbabsaur > squirtle >>> charmander here.

Evee and exeggcute are common so the gyms are all exeggcutor and vaporeon.

Same

Snorlax is rare but not impossible. I've caught 4 and seen plenty on scanners. At least one in every lv10 gym.

Dragonite is still elusive. I've caught one dartini and seen a few spawn points. I've heard of people catching wild ones.

It's the reverse for me. Dratini and Dragonair can be seen frequently on the pier/harbor area and even lakes. I caught a wild Dragonite with 82% IV and Dragon Claw/Dragon Breath movesets in the middle of city near a bus stop.

I'd love to get my hand on Snorlax but he's as rare as they come. :(

Lapras never seen. Rare to see in gyms I think everyone got them from eggs.

I saw one but he ran away. :( There were 2 more appearances but I was too far away. :(

I should post here more since I am on Pokemon Go everyday.

Anyway, had this come up while playing
qbYCkEf.jpg

MissingNo confirmed for Pocketuu Monsterssu Goooo

Firemind

Is Starmie good
Starmie is terrific for training gyms because of its high attack value. It's much faster at clearing the bottom pokemon than say Vaporeon at a comparable cp level, especially since defenders get double HP. I use my two 1200 CP Starmies with Water Gun/Hydro Pump all the time to raise gyms.

Oxx

I haven't been paying too much attention to the best move-sets, but I have a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen than have Poison Jab/Earthquake.

Had a nice haul today.

Hit LVL 26. Hatched a 1700 Lapras, evolved a Seaking, Starmie, 1700 Flareon

In retrospect, i don't know if buying the 8 Lucky Eggs was a worthy investment. I should have just gotten a bunch of Incubators so I could be constantly hatching eggs and getting XP that way

GulAtiCa

For me: Squirtle > Bulbasour >>>> Pikachu >>>>>> Charmander.

Though cause I've gone Bulbasour hunting at a nest, I actually have way more Bulbasour candy. Esp right now I have 58 with a Venosaur that is hungry. Will be feeding time when finally gets back from the gym.

Chuckie

For me: Squirtle > Bulbasour >>>> Pikachu >>>>>> Charmander.

Though cause I've gone Bulbasour hunting at a nest, I actually have way more Bulbasour candy. Esp right now I have 58 with a Venosaur that is hungry. Will be feeding time when finally gets back from the gym.

For me Squirtle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charmander>Pikachu>>>>Bulbasaur

Radec

So I already got 130 Balbasaur candies..

Should I evolve my shit Ivisaur

Or should I wait for a hatched Balbasaur and evolve it?

Or should I evolve my shit Ivisaur because A great Venusaur is shit anyway?

jotun?

Or should I evolve my shit Ivisaur because A great Venusaur is shit anyway?

Venusaur can be useful for attacking against water types, particularly if you get Vine Whip

It's the strongest pokemon that actually has grass type quick moves

GulAtiCa

Venusaur is great if you get the great moveset. Mine is a 80% IV and does very well.

Also, I finally got another 10k egg. Which brings my total of current unhatched 10k eggs up to 5! I'm hoping to get 1 more before end of next week.

Yrael

I finally spent some actual money on Pokemon Go. I've been playing it for so long now that I feel the purchase is justified (this game has given me more hours of entertainment than many full-priced games that I've bought!). I bought the 2500 coin pack, finished expanding my item storage space all the way up to maximum capacity, and then spent the remaining coins on a bunch of incubators. It's going to be fun going on an egg hatching spree this weekend.

Vipu

Banned
Got my 5th snorlax today and FINALLY its not terrible, 2500cp, under 80% IV, lick + earthquake.
My new highest CP pokemon so I guess its good for attacking gyms even its not powerup amazing?

Got my 5th snorlax today and FINALLY its not terrible, 2500cp, under 80% IV, lick + earthquake.
My new highest CP pokemon so I guess its good for attacking gyms even its not powerup amazing?
2500cp? Hot dayum yes thats good. Mine's also 2500 with lick and hyperbeam + 96% IV but I leveled it from 1700cp. Did you really catch that thing?

GulAtiCa

This morning I saw my very first evolved Evvee in the wild. A 1496 CP 86.7% IV Jolteon. Was able to catch it. It's strong move is only Discharge of course, So I don't plan to level it up or anything.

But just wild to me that I actually found a wild Eevee evolution in the wild, esp since I live in Eevee town, where I normally have above 200 Eevee candies.

HardRojo

Also, is there a reason all wild Eevee and evolutions have 15 Attack IVs? Just checked and it's the common factor among all of them, barring a Vaporeon I evolved from a Eevee that hatched from an egg.

Also, is there a reason all wild Eevee and evolutions have 15 Attack IVs? Just checked and it's the common factor among all of them, barring a Vaporeon I evolved from a Eevee that hatched from an egg.

There's a bug where Attack IV is tied to Dex number for wild Pokémon.

Hatched Pokémon don't have this bug.

just counted for mass evolution, 64! my last free lucky egg from the level up bonuses. after this I'm going to start using stardust for powering up for the first time ever, hoping to break 2000 CP finally

Flo_Evans

I kind of want my lapras back. I put him in a good gym and I miss him. Need to walk him more to make him stronger. Its only been 4 days! But I've never seen this gym flip. Its been solid red since I started playing. He is closer to the bottom so maybe one day someone will come and kick him out but its looking doubtful.

AdanVC

Great pokeday yesterday. 3 new pokemon for the pokedex, Ninetails, Kabutops and Jinx! Ninetails and Kabutops were caught on the wild and Jinx hatched from a 10km egg. Still a looooooooong way to go to somehow complete the pokedex since I'm not that interested on gyms and having the most powerful pokemon and stuff.

I've finally hit my first month of play! I've been playing like a MoFo.

Managed to get to level 27.
Caught 117 Pokemon
Walked 202.66
Put about £40 into incubators, eggs and incense and really maximising the double exp

My entire walk to work is about 20 Pokemon Stops and 4 gyms just in the space of 30 minutes.

There's still some major issues I have with it and I still don't like Mobile games, but yeah, it's been a busy Pokemon month.

To celebrate, I caught this today

Memles

I kind of want my lapras back. I put him in a good gym and I miss him. Need to walk him more to make him stronger. Its only been 4 days! But I've never seen this gym flip. Its been solid red since I started playing. He is closer to the bottom so maybe one day someone will come and kick him out but its looking doubtful.

This is me and my Dragonite. I'm now 2/3 out of the way to a second Dragonite, so he may be replaced before he ever comes back to me.

Top Bottom