• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

MANUELF

Banned
It's like Niantic wants less people to play. Lowering the IVs on hatched Pokemon and the ones in the wild is a stupid decision.

If anything they made starters caught in the wild more useful than simply being candy sources and the bottom half of the pokedex wont have 15 IVs in attack guaranteed
Today I mass evolved and got 6 new pokemon, too bad my wigglytuff got the WORST possible moveset :( and my Rhydon got Megahorn but oh well

JavyOO7

Hatched a 10K egg which turned out to be Kabuto. I'll start having Kabuto walk with me once I reach 50 candies with Pikachu.

Had the same thing happen to me with Drowzee today—just got my sixth candy from the Buddy system and then BAM. 40 candies in two 5k eggs. Wish I'd done Charmander (stuck at 17) or Grimer (at about 26) for all that walking.

But the Hypno puts me at 135, which means there's now only 7—Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Omastar, Machamp, Kabutops, Muk—remaining? We'll see if I end up hitting 142 or Level 30 first.
It's so crazy how different this game is for different areas. Drowzee is the most common Pokemon for me. Caught more of them than Pidgey (around 700 so far). There's a Drowzee in my home like every 5min.
Same for Jynx, I don't even catch those anymore.

And then I've never seen an Ekans in the wild.

Yrael

I went on my egg hatching spree this weekend - it felt great to blitz through my hoard of 5km eggs. I didn't hatch any rare Pokemon, unfortunately, but I did pick up three 10km eggs when I replenished my supply! Woo.

(One of the 10km eggs has already hatched...into an Eevee. Lol. Hopefully the other two will have something better for me.)

Swamped

Banned
I'm nearing level 22 now...I've only gotten a total of eight 10K eggs so far :( I keep getting those dumb 5K ones!

Ah well, one of my goals is to complete the pokedex so the 5 Ks are useful too.

Speaking of pokemon that are extremely common in my area, aside from the usual there are TONS of Drowzees and Ghastlies around. Back where I lived before there were loads of Caterpies and Ekans, but they are quite rare here.

Alright got to lvl 28 with my lucky egg.
Now for the star dust again *sigh

Also I'm renaming my Pokemon right now so that I can see what attack types they have. Don't know why I didn't do that before. But it takes some time.

Firemind

I went on my egg hatching spree this weekend - it felt great to blitz through my hoard of 5km eggs. I didn't hatch any rare Pokemon, unfortunately, but I did pick up three 10km eggs when I replenished my supply! Woo.

(One of the 10km eggs has already hatched...into an Eevee. Lol. Hopefully the other two will have something better for me.)
Man I would like a few Eevees. I keep getting trolled by Magmars and Jynxes.

Firemind

Found a wild Dewgong with a perfect moveset, but it's fcking 118 CP. I hate this shit.
Could be worse. I accidentally evolved the wrong Seel into Dewgong with the perfect moveset. They both had similar CP but the one I evolved was like lvl. 24. :lol

pringles

Finally found a strong Dragonite in the wild, over 1900CP, 95.6% IV and good moves (SW/DC). Was closing in on 100 candy to evolve one, but was able to use that to power it up instead. Got my first pokemon over 3k CP !

Starting to feel pretty good about my top fighters:

955dcd2e-ec5b-4dd8-bc44-c1c19ca61a38.png

For the most part all of them have good or optimal movesets and good IVs. Only wish I could find/hatch a strong Snorlax.

15 Candy away from a Kabutops which will finish off my pokedex.

My 10K egg hatched into an Eevee. I'm part of the club now.
Although I evolved it into a Vaporeon and powered it a bit so now I have a second one to take on gyms with so I guess that's good.

Plus is pretty damn great. Had a lot of runners yesterday, but im catching stuff I likely wouldn't have bothered with before and gaining lots of EXP. The only thing I'd wish they'd have (especially now that presumably a large portion of the userbase has lots of Pokemon) is a transfer multiple feature.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Went to Brussels today and caught a Dragonite. Had no trouble finding him because there was a stampede in the direction. When you go to a big city you see the game is still alive among the hardcore, still lures active constantly. People walking around the park are just there for Go... still.

So the Dragonite: 73 IV with dragon breath and hyper beam. With 2100 cp it's my strongest mon. Even if the IV's disappoint, I'm glad to have it. Dratini's are so rare here I doubt I'll be able to evolve one with high IV's. For safety I won't use the little candy I have to power him up though, you never know.

Also hatched 4 10k's: 2x Eevee, 2x Aerodactyl and 1x Magmar (new for me, glad)

The best Aerodactyl has 96 IV and bite/hyper beam. I assume he'll be pretty useful in battle? I have like 90 candies now because of the egg hatches, I'll probably be powering this one up.

10k tally

3x Aerodactyl
2x Chansey
2x Omanyte
2x Eevee
1x Hitmonchan
1x Magmar
1x Lapras

Went to Brussels today and caught a Dragonite. Had no trouble finding him because there was a stampede in the direction. When you go to a big city you see the game is still alive among the hardcore, still lures active constantly. People walking around the park are just there for Go... still.

So the Dragonite: 73 IV with dragon breath and hyper beam. With 2100 cp it's my strongest mon. Even if the IV's disappoint, I'm glad to have it. Dratini's are so rare here I doubt I'll be able to evolve one with high IV's. For safety I won't use the little candy I have to power him up though, you never know.

Also hatched 4 10k's: 2x Eevee, 2x Aerodactyl and 1x Magmar (new for me, glad)

The best Aerodactyl has 96 IV and bite/hyper beam. I assume he'll be pretty useful in battle? I have like 90 candies now because of the egg hatches, I'll probably be powering this one up.

10k tally

3x Aerodactyl
2x Chansey
2x Omanyte
2x Eevee
1x Hitmonchan
1x Magmar
1x Lapras

Warandepark?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Warandepark?

yes! The Dragonite spawned close to Warande. I've been a few places for Go and Warande has good variation in lures imo. Lots of Oddish/Bellsprout and Nidoran for the push towards the final evolutions. Thinking of going again next week, then I should have enough for Vileplume/Victreebell/Nidoking-queen. It's far for me, but the easiest place to get a good variation of Pokémon constantly. My own town is dead spawn-wise.

Went around with my girlfriend and took all the gyms in my neighborhood last night. They're all already level 4+ Valor gyms with high level Pokémon. It's pretty much literally impossible for Mystic (or Instinct) to get a hold on any of them. :(

yes! The Dragonite spawned close to Warande. I've been a few places for Go and Warande has good variation in lures imo. Lots of Oddish/Bellsprout and Nidoran for the push towards the final evolutions. Thinking of going again next week, then I should have enough for Vileplume/Victreebell/Nidoking-queen. It's far for me, but the easiest place to get a good variation of Pokémon constantly. My own town is dead spawn-wise.

Nice. Took my nephew to Lillo today. He caught a crapton of good pokemon too. But nothing like a Dragonite, though.

Might have to take him to that park then.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Nice. Took my nephew to Lillo today. He caught a crapton of good pokemon too. But nothing like a Dragonite, though.

Might have to take him to that park then.

Yeah Lillo is legendary but too far off for me. Last week I caught a Snorlax at the Jubelpark, now a Dragonite. Brussels has been good to me so far.

So I just saw two gyms from the same two guys. Each gym hat a 26cp Gengar and a 39cp Snorlax. Seems fishy, I don't think they both got the same exact Pokemon like that in a legit way.

Unicorn

SO just got signed out and can't seem to k sign back in. She's scared her save might be gone. She doesn't remember of she used a Google account or signed up for a Pokemon one. I quickly searched her email for anything with pokemon in them but found nothing.

What's the best course of action to prevent her losing her level 21 account and gyrados?

Unicorn

A PTC account usually sends a confirmation email, it'll be a Google account then.
There's only a sign up option there. She's worried of losing progress. I just sent a support ticket to niantic about the issue.

Aaaand their response was copy paste from the faq.
Aaaand it auto fixed itself and auto logged her in. Phew, I guess.

deanote666

Ugggh, just narrowly missed a Grimer in my neighborhood. When I saw him on the scanner I thought he was at the intersection near the front, but when I got there and re-scanned it turns out he was slightly more north in a wooded area outside the neighborhood. I would have had to walk through someone's yard to get to him so I walked back home empty handed :(

Well almost. I hatched a 10k egg on the way back !

It was Electabuzz. Low kick for his quick move and meh IVs :(

I had the same dilemma with a Staryu earlier.

I turned my 10k egg from earlier into a Jolteon...

Has anyone ever caught a wild Dragonite, Lapras, Chansey or Hitmonchan in London?
Those are among the last few that I need. Looks like I may have to rely on eggs for the latter 3.

Can anyone tell me more about how the game records your walk distance?
It seems to update every 2-5 minutes while I'm walking, usually every 100-500 metres, but it varies a lot.
Say I walk 400m, and the game hasn't yet recorded the distance, and I have to close the app, will I lose that 400m?

tauke

Has anyone ever caught a wild Dragonite, Lapras, Chansey or Hitmonchan in London?
Those are among the last few that I need. Looks like I may have to rely on eggs for the latter 3.

Can anyone tell me more about how the game records your walk distance?
It seems to update every 2-5 minutes while I'm walking, usually every 100-500 metres, but it varies a lot.
Say I walk 400m, and the game hasn't yet recorded the distance, and I have to close the app, will I lose that 400m?

About the distance tracking, there are times it lags behind and as long you have internet connection, it will update your 400m (well approximately close to 400m) to the server after you restart the app.

I encounter several times where the game stuck at loading new PokeStops and while my avatar is moving on the map, I got no choice but to restart the app and luckily my distance are accounted for.

Undefined

I saved up 9 10k eggs and just hatched them all at the same time just now while using lucky egg and doing evolutions:

kjiqBlq.png

Happy with the chansey but overall kinda disappointed i didnt really get any pokemon worth powering up.

teeny

So tried the 150+ CP Magikarp Versus 75- CP Weedle trick and got a newly neutral gym to level 10 in just over 30 minutes.

It was right by a train station and it was stacked by the time I left. I wonder how long my Magikarp is going to last at the bottom rung. Might pop back that way at lunch time if it gets booted out to train it up normally and add something decent.

I saved up 9 10k eggs and just hatched them all at the same time just now while using lucky egg and doing evolutions:

Happy with the chansey but overall kinda disappointed i didnt really get any pokemon worth powering up.

I'm trying to do this at the moment, how long did it take you to save up 9 10k eggs?

Radec

Y'all keep counting 10k eggs while im busy hatching 2kms for a shot for a good Balbasaur.

Last 10km egg I've found was 5 levels ago. (currently 28).

Firemind

I'm almost lvl. 28 hi5! (unless you're mystink)

Actually, valor seems to have a bit of a resurgence around here. It seems they discovered the bubblestrat as there are lvl. 7 valor gyms with several open spots with Magikarp at the bottom. Crafty little bastards.

GulAtiCa

Friday through Sunday I collected 4 times and gained 300 coins. :D Also, for the 1st time I had Stardust above 100k!

My Venusaur finally got knocked out of a gym. She was in it for at least 2 weeks. The funny thing is that she was at the bottom for the last week.

So, thanks to the extra Bulbasour candies, I boosted her up a great bit! Then I literally placed her back in the same gym and boosted it back up to lv 10. Hopefully will last a little bit more this time.

Undefined

I'm trying to do this at the moment, how long did it take you to save up 9 10k eggs?

It did take a few weeks time at least or a month or so. But I only ever use my infinite incubator. For the 3-use incubators I use them until they have 1-use left and then use the last one on the 10k eggs.

Its good XP to do this. I got around 90k XP while using the lucky egg and evolving. Was hoping for more XP but unfortunately I cant restart the app to skip the evolution animation anymore cause the startup and login time has been increased.

I will be doing this again, I currently have 4 10k eggs. I guess im lucky in that regard, whereas most people barely ever see them.

Top Bottom