• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Undefined

Whoa, a month!? It took me a month to get one! You really are lucky if you're getting them at such a rate.

ya i should be grateful for that. But at the end of the day i didnt really get anything worth powering up anyways.
In fact, nothing I have is really worth powering up. My stardust is just sitting there (collecting dust).

Id rather be like other trainers where stardust is a problem. I think thats a good problem to have.

GulAtiCa

I've only hatched 4 10k eggs and have 6 unhatched ones on me currently. This Friday (going on Vacation to Universal Studios), I'll place all in incubators. I'm hoping for a Lapras, Aerodactyl, Kabuto, another Omanyte (need the candy).

Having a high power Snorlax be nice too. Already have a Dragonite, but getting Dratini candy be ok.

Just hope I don't get an Eevee, Scyther, Pinsar, Magmar or Chansey. Scyther & Chansey are the only of those 5 I'd be at least "somewhat" ok with, since can give me candy to evolve in gen 2. Eevee will be the worst, since I already have like 300 candies. lol

I fought a Gyarados with Twister for the first time the other day, now I know why that move gets so much shit, yikes. I'm 4 candies away from my first Gyarados and am terrified

Firemind

I fought a Gyarados with Twister for the first time the other day, now I know why that move gets so much shit, yikes. I'm 4 candies away from my first Gyarados and am terrified
Twister is good training fodder for your fellow members if you put it at the bottom! 🤓

I really need a Lapras. If I have that I can do everything else with the buddy system (of course it will take a long time) but it'll be good to know that it won't be dependent on luck

One of the most disappointing sights to see in this game is when you hatch a Jynx. I severely dislike that Pokémon.

On a related note, out of the 9 total 10km eggs I've had, I've hatched 4 Eevees, 1 Onix, 1 Scyther, 1 Jynx, 1 Hitmonchan, and 1 Snorlax.

Out of those, the only one I gave a damn about was the Snorlax. 10km eggs are stupid.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I really need a Lapras. If I have that I can do everything else with the buddy system (of course it will take a long time) but it'll be good to know that it won't be dependent on luck

The last one can be so frustrating. I'm missing Venusaur, Charizard, and Aerodactyl. The first two are just a matter of walking, but Aerodactyl continues to defy me over thirty 10k eggs in.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The last one can be so frustrating. I'm missing Venusaur, Charizard, and Aerodactyl. The first two are just a matter of walking, but Aerodactyl continues to defy me over thirty 10k eggs in.

I hatched 3 already over 12 total eggs. If we had trading, I'd gladly give you one.

I'm at 115 in my pokedex, and I can see myself winding down soon. Another day in Brussels should get me Plume/Victree/Nidoking-queen. The remainder is too rare to get locally. I'll have to rely on eggs to get more sandshrew/doduo/ekans. Luckily I hatched another Growlithe, my first Arcanine is 1 candy away.
Machamp... will never happen.

AdanVC

It's so crazy how different this game is for different areas. Drowzee is the most common Pokemon for me. Caught more of them than Pidgey (around 700 so far). There's a Drowzee in my home like every 5min.
Same for Jynx, I don't even catch those anymore.

And then I've never seen an Ekans in the wild.

My goodness. Here on my city we're infested with Ekans! Here is Ekans, Growlithe, Geodude, Sandshrew and Ponyta land. And their evolutions are pretty common to appear on the wild as well. I have more than 150 candies of each of those. With Sandshrew I'm getting close to 250 candies I don't even bother with any of them anymore (except Growlithe since I'm still looking for a perfect puppy to evolve him into a powerful Arcanine). Both Drowzee and Jynx are super rare in here I don't know how I'm gonna evolve Drowzee since I only have like 10 candies because he hatched from an egg. Never catched one on the wild.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah I have never seen Ekans/Sandshrew/Doduo in the wild either. Got some Growlithes only at lures. Have to go to Brussels to see Mankey/Machop. Gastly on the other hand is pretty common here, I've read he's pretty rare in other areas.

Exeggcute is also very rare. Hatched one, found one, that's it.

So jealous of everything in (so)cal :)

Red Fire

A pidgey just ran away from me. I must be
softbanned

Finally got another 10km egg after a few weeks. Gaffers, I need your best wishes!

Would be happy with anything but jynx.

Did i just jynx it? :(

Flo_Evans

Yeah I have never seen Ekans/Sandshrew/Doduo in the wild either. Got some Growlithes only at lures. Have to go to Brussels to see Mankey/Machop. Gastly on the other hand is pretty common here, I've read he's pretty rare in other areas.

Exeggcute is also very rare. Hatched one, found one, that's it.

So jealous of everything in (so)cal :)

That is sad. Are gyms nothing but evee evolutions over there?

exeggute is like 75/2000 for me. I have 2 arbok.

Also random, someone blew my mind the other day explaining "ekans" is snake backwards and arbok is "kobra" all these years...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Also random, someone blew my mind the other day explaining "ekans" is snake backwards and arbok is "kobra" all these years...

Yeah there are a lot of Vaporeons and Flareons at gyms, but all the usual suspects as well. Just not that many Exceggutors because those are very had to get in most cities.

But players here tend to move around a lot to get the Pokémon they want.

That's why there's an effort in the community to post nest or spawn point locations over the country. There are lists of which cities spawn which Pokémon. I know what kind of mon spawn in towns without having been there. I scan some towns nearby just to find out if there are locked spawns for certain Pokémon. I know a city that has a locked Rhydon/Duduo spawn, but I haven't been though. When I went to Brussels I did take a detour to find a Mankey nest though :p If you live in a small town like me, you have to visit a city to play for real. Even Brussels is small fry compared to LA/NY though. There are 4 stops in a park with lures active (the go-to spot for evolution fodder), and then there's a mass migration whenever something big spawns. People even start walking in groups for Machops/Abras. A Growlithe? People go crazy for that, especially because it leads to that Arcanine :p

That's why Lillo is a huge phenomenon in Belgium: it's a very small town (35 people!) that has been overrun by Pokémon players for weeks/months now. The lures at stops there have all kind of Pokémon that are rare elsewhere (Ekans/Voltorb/Sandshrew) and that went viral. People come from all over the country to Lillo because it really is the best place to get Pokémon. I've never been because it's pretty far, but also because I don't want to be a +1 in nuisance to the few people living there. I have been tempted though, because the catch lists I've seen are nuts.

Lillo has been in the news constantly, and villagers even started to move from the town because it's literally been overrun, day and night. I think it slowed down since school started, but on wednesdays and weekends, it's still packed. What's sad is some leave their trash and don't care about the villagers.

Last update is that the mayor of Antwerp has issued some kind of curfew: you can't be around on the streets of Lillo between 22pm and 7am. The people there are fed up, because they went from living in a very small and quiet town, to a Poké-trainer filled dump :p The story's nuts, but this happened because it's the only place you have a pretty good chance at constantly scoring rarer mon.

In short: if you're living somewhere where Snorlax/Venusaur/Dragonite spawns casually at your home or closeby, you have no idea how lucky you are :p

Rêves

Neo Member
So after the disappointment of evolving seven Dragonite that all ended up with Steel Wing, I finally got one with Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw.
It doesn't hurt that he's evolved from a Dratini with 100% perfect IV's that I caught before the IV bug was fixed.

lSrApmM.png

Red Fire

Rêves;218191013 said:
So after the disappointment of evolving seven Dragonite that all ended up with Steel Wing, I finally got one with Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw.
It doesn't hurt that he's evolved from a Dratini with 100% perfect IV's that I caught before the IV bug was fixed.

lSrApmM.png

What the fuck dude where do you live and why do you have a trillion dratini candies

Rêves

Neo Member
What the fuck dude where do you live and why do you have a trillion dratini candies

A river runs through my city that's basically a free-form Dratini nest. Plus there's a harbor area and lots of little ponds. I was so nervous about evolving this one that I collected a glut of candy, just in case this one turned out a dud as well.

Firemind

Man I would also like a 100% Dragonite just because its max CP is a smooth round 3500.

On a side note, yay, lvl. 28! Just 300k for the next level!

GulAtiCa

They did, Niantic did nothing.
Weird. In my area, a few pokestops and gyms have been removed. Maybe they need to just try again.

Sweet, i got another spawn point that i can acess from home now! :D

Was about to say, since yesterday I noticed new spawn points. I can access 4 now from my house. Heck, the new one is basically on an older one. lol. There is a new one a my work too.

Edit, I may have yet another near me at home. So that makes 5!

-----

Damn at those Dratini candies. So jealous!

MANUELF

Banned
And here I just evolved my dratini to dragonair thanks to an egg hatch and someone has evolved more than 5 dragonites..........

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was in a smallish city 80km away from mine where I had to wait for something work-related for nearly an hour at a plaza with a few pokestops. I lured a stop and used an incense, then walked around for a while. Suddenly a Dragonite appeared a bit further away, so I proceeded to try to catch it. In the capture screen he was far away as all fuck no matter what I did, but after missing a lot of ultra balls and wasting berries I managed to catch it. It's my first one and has decent CP and IVs, so I was pretty pleased (I have a 80%+ Dratini, but god knows when I'll be able to evolve it). There was a dude that was crushed that he didn't manage to catch it.

When I walked back to the plaza this kid was out of breath because he came running from his house to catch it. He approached me telling me about the Dragonite on the other side and I told him I caught it, then he asked if I was the one who put up the lure there. He was SUPER happy, lol. He started texting his friends, sending them a print of the Dragonite to gloat, checking its IVs and moveset, etc. He was lv24 and showed me his best mons (a lot of Vaporeons, I did notice that Eevees were common there). He wanted to add me to their WhatsApp group, but I told him I was from another city.

He was also from Team Instinct so we battled at this Mystic gym at the church near the plaza, then I had to leave. Anyway, just wanted to share, I love that I'm still able to have this kind of experience with strangers of all ages anywhere with this game. Definitely helped pass the time.

hey guys nothing wrong with having a couple of Dragonites

Screenshot_20160926_170850.png

nests have changed again, glad one of the useless mankey nests is now a bulbasaur nest!!

Whoa, not only are nests changing but new spawns are being added. Just had a pidgey pop up across the street and reachable from my home in a completely new place. Previously I only had 2 spawn points in the back yard.

EDIT: Make that 2 new spawn points! And the old ones are still intact it seems. Going to run the desktop scanner on my local nests for a bit.

I haven't played since Saturday, but these new Pokemon spawns are make me excited to go out again. I had already farmed my local nests dry, so I'm looking forward to seeing what replaced them.

I looked at the spawn map for my town, and noticed a change in regular spawns! Apparently, we are finally getting Doduos, Sandshrews, Ponytas, Magmars, and Digletts. I'm excited about Diglett, because I don't even have it in my Pokedex!

I will have a better idea when I actually go around town.

Awesome. They finally fixed the IV issue, so I was going to go to the nearby Squirtle nest this weekend and finally go for a Blastoise, aaaaand... they take the nest away. T_T It's either nothing, or a Geodude nest, can't tell which. At least I got a Charizard before the Charmander nest on my campus disappeared. And there's a Voltorb nest near my school now, so that's nice.

jariw

Was about to say, since yesterday I noticed new spawn points. I can access 4 now from my house. Heck, the new one is basically on an older one. lol. There is a new one a my work too.

Edit, I may have yet another near me at home. So that makes 5!

Ah, so there are new spawns now! From my house, I have never been able to see more than 3 Pokemons nearby at the same time, and I've located each old spawn point within the 200 m radius to my house.

Last night, everything got crazy and I saw up to 8 Pokemons in the nearby list! I walked out, and there were quite a few new spawn points where I have never seen any Pokemons before.

Just wait until you find out what "Muk" backwards is.

Ooooh, one of the nests that I can easily commute to have changed into an Omanyte one, that will put me over 130 mons :D

Do you use a scanner like this to find nests? https://fastpokemap.se/ There are places that I knew or suspected were nests, but the pokevision-type scanners never have shown it off to me well. Aren't there other scanners that show Pokemon spawns in a large area, but not just real time spawns?

zulux21

something changed that is for sure. way more pokemon are showing up on pokemon nearby....

and after weeks of finding nothing new in the wild, a lickatoungue, hitmonchan and muk showed up within a 2 minute walk from my place.

I mean I used to have 4-12 pokemon on nearby now I have

reading around it seems that not only have the nests changed for people, things were randomized quite a bit.

CassSept

Do you use a scanner like this to find nests? https://fastpokemap.se/ There are places that I knew or suspected were nests, but the pokevision-type scanners never have shown it off to me well. Aren't there other scanners that show Pokemon spawns in a large area, but not just real time spawns?

FastPokeMap, personal experience (noticing repeating spawns while commuting), Pokemon Nearby as well as facebook group for my city, in differing proportions.

FastPokeMap is enough to identify those though. Nest changes are noticeable really, when a place that had a gazillion of Machops overnight has none and is crawling with Omanytes. Which I'm not gonna complain about since I caught one so far.

Radec

I just caught a 602 CP Bulbasaur, wtf? I haven't seen any starters go over 300 in the wild

The cp range will depend on your level. Its level is probably as high as your level

I have one that is 700cp.and its not even maxxed out yet. Too bad its only iv 50+

Top Bottom