• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

chunk3rvd

+1 for increased spawn points. My 10 minute walk to the train station usually spawned one per day at the time I walk. Just got 7 spawns and nearly missed my train haha!

rc213

Damn looks like the migration finally happened, La Brea Tarpits is now a Kabuto nest instead of Charmander nest. Nooooooooo

pringles

Man there's so many more spawns right around my house now. Almost constantly 3-4 that I can reach at home and 6+ on nearby, easily double what it's been before. Also had 2 Pinsir show up on nearby last night which has never happened before.

Have to check out what I think has been an Onix nest to see if it's changed.

Vipu

Banned
New spawnspots you say?
Fast check with radar tells me there is few more pidgeys, wohoo.
Hope they could add some nests to smaller cities too or something.

Joni

Old Mankey nest in Jubelpark seems to be Voltorb town now. Thank god I have three Primeape by now, I hope to use them for trading.

Spawn rate definitely seems way better to me. Better mons too, getting squirtles and a few grimers near my work now when there were none before.

Looks like Victoria Park London is a huge Machop nest now, there are nine of them there right now!

KingBroly

Banned
Spawn rate definitely seems way better to me. Better mons too, getting squirtles and a few grimers near my work now when there were none before.

Looks like Victoria Park London is a huge Machop nest now, there are nine of them there right now!

Maybe a bit. But because I haven't played recently I'm low on supplies.

I still got a Magikarp and a Bulbasaur over the last 12 hours by doing nothing though.

pringles

So for some reason PGO no longer works for me unless I'm connected to wi-fi. No idea what's changed since it worked fine just yesterday. I'm on iOS and looking around the web it seems most of the problems with this has been android users, so the fixes don't apply for me. Anyone run into this and find a solution? Tried everything from re-installing the app, rebooting phone multiple times, switching between 3G/4G, making sure all the location services are still activated and the app has permission..

edit: resetting mobile data settings may have gotten it to work again.. at least for 3G. very strange.

I've had a Grimer, Omanyte and Wartortle appear at my desk in the last half hour, crazy.

Things seem to be escaping slightly more often though?

Firemind

oh man i have hatched a vulpix and a ponyta in that order twice in a row for the last two days. it's like they're trolling me.

also i have my first perfect pokemon: paras lol

orochi91

Did something happen to the catch rates?

I blew 14 PBs, 8 MBs and 3 UBs trying to catch a fucking charmander and ponyta, lol

Also, what's the point of this recent update that records the city where the Pokemon is caught? I drive back and forth between a couple cities and catch Pokemon is both, but I can't shake the feeling that Niantic might ban my account because the locations of my Pokemon differ.

-_-"

Did something happen to the catch rates?

Nope.

Also, what's the point of this recent update that records the city where the Pokemon is caught? I drive back and forth between a couple cities and catch Pokemon is both, but I can't shake the feeling that Niantic might ban my account because the locations of my Pokemon differ.

-_-"

Nope again.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just wait until you find out what "Muk" backwards is.
image.php

Chuckie

I am constantly checking Fast Pokemap, having it pointed at my area. It is a bit to soon for conclusions, but it appears the place where Kabuto used to spawn, now spawns Pinsirs.
Clefairy spawn (hopefully) changed into Bulbasaur and a Oddish spawn seems to have changed in Nidoran M.

Don't know what the Cubone spawn in my apartment has become. I will find that out when I am homee :p

Spawns have definitely increased for me today with a lot more variety. I've had a Lapras, Vileplume, Ponyta, Abra, Clefable all around my house which until now was Weedles and Eevees. Shame I've ran out of Ultra Balls...

Dammit! All this talk of new spawns and I haven't been able to login since this morning since the PTC is down. Even at the beginning it never was this bad.

My Magikarp spawn point came back, it's been dead for like a week until today. It gave me enough candy for my first Gyarados ever, no Twister!! I got Bite and Dragon Pulse, not sure about that move but I'm just relieved it's not Twister. He was only ~1600 CP so I powered him up to 1695 before running out of candy. A bit of a disappointment to be honest. Magikarp is my walking buddy so I'll be powering the Gyarados up for a while. 83% IV. I'm starting to look at IV's now...

Evolved a 621 Eevee (my highest atm) and used the Rainer trick for the first time ever to get a Vaporeon, 1652 CP but got Water Pulse. What an absolute disappointment, I'll find some gym I can shove him into and leave him there.

Fuu

Ran like an asshole and crossed a footbridge for a Dragonite, and even though it still had 2 minutes to go when I got there it didn't spawn in my game for some reason. If I hand't caught one yesterday I'd be pretty pissed. It was semi-cathartic to hear other people who saw it but weren't able to catch it though, haha.

On the way back I ran like an idiot for a Machop that had 25 seconds to disappear. I actually reached it in time, but I saw it despawn before I was able to tap it.

So yeah, don't think I'll be doing the running thing again. lol.

zulux21

It doesn't feel particularly different in this part of the world. Maybe an additional 'mon here and there.

do you live in a city?

I have a feeling this has to do more with rural players which if so would imply that maybe they haven't forgotten that everyone doesn't live in a big city.

I haven't gotten out and walked yet, but by pokemon nearby my pokemon in the area have doubled.

so quite possibly it's no longer based off the same things as before and spawn rates have been more equalized for rural vs city.

just did scans of my local nests.

seems diglet -> bulbasuar
magnamite -> machop.

Fuu

I see Poliwags daily, but I still have to find one with great IVs. Actually wish I'd hatch a 80%+ one so I could groom it.

Firemind

I see Poliwags daily, but I still have find one with great IVs. Actually wish I'd hatch a 80%+ one so I could groom it.
i throw those in the bin

still have yet to hatch one with bubble / hydro pump

not that it matters in the long run

there are only four pokemon that can reach 2800+ cp that you can legally get

i just love poliwrath

I see Poliwags daily, but I still have find one with great IVs. Actually wish I'd hatch a 80%+ one so I could groom it.
Yeah I had the same problem. It took me forever to fet a decent one. Need some more candy to evolve it. Hope the moveset won't suck.

Same with ghastly. Have caught tons of them but no decent ivs yet.

HardRojo

Damn, can't play anymore because the version prior to the buddy update doesn't work anymore and the phone I was using is rooted so I can't no longer play there, my current phone sucks and can barely play the game but the GPS always freezes after a short while. Just when spawn points have increased and nests have changed :(

lt519

Hatched a Aerodactyl from a 10km, woohoo didn't have that. Also caught a Vileplum today which is another I didn't have. After going basically 3 weeks without any new pokemon this was welcome.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
sweet they added like 5 new spawn points right outside my house and 3 of them are grouped up on each other also only .5km away from my muk might just walk around the block once and nab him

GulAtiCa

That's it im done evolving magicarps.

4th time in a row Gyarados learned twister.
Carps are 90+ IVs.
Just as well, they are horrible defenders. I can take a 2000 Gyarados with Bite/Hydro Pump with a 1200 Raichu.

Only good thing about them is their high CP.

ChrisW

Sadly it's been about 5 days since I last opened PoGo, I think it mainly has to do with the weather, plus a lot of driving and I don't want to fork out for the +

I'm getting a bit burnt out seeing all the same Pokemon now too, so nothing is new, I think if gen 2 was added then I would likely come back

Sadly it's been about 5 days since I last opened PoGo, I think it mainly has to do with the weather, plus a lot of driving and I don't want to fork out for the +

I'm getting a bit burnt out seeing all the same Pokemon now too, so nothing is new, I think if gen 2 was added then I would likely come back

Just fork out for a plus when they're back in stock, it's revitalized the game for me on an everyday basis. I still catch in the app when I've made a trip for the game, but now I can catch at bars, at work, basically anywhere any time without having to dedicate myself to PoGo. It's great.

jariw

do you live in a city?

I have a feeling this has to do more with rural players which if so would imply that maybe they haven't forgotten that everyone doesn't live in a big city.

I haven't gotten out and walked yet, but by pokemon nearby my pokemon in the area have doubled.

so quite possibly it's no longer based off the same things as before and spawn rates have been more equalized for rural vs city.

I think you're correct. I visited an area with lots of Pokestops earlier today, and there wasn't that many more spawn points or pokemons compared to before (there already were lots of Pokemons in that area).

Close to my house there were only about 4 spawn points reachable from my house before, and now there are a huge number of spawn points, and a great mix of different Pokemons (the problem is that there are no pokestops nearby, so you have to go elsewhere to get the pkeballs). Today I have caught both a Grimer and a Charmander close to my house, both are super rare in my town.

Why is Gyarados popular in gyms if he's a bad defender? high CP? intimidation factor? my goal was to get a Gyarados for this reason but I guess he kind of sucks?

Top Bottom