• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

8bit

Knows the Score
Found a facebook group running a local scan map, and it indicated there was a Snorlax 10 minutes from me that would disappear in 6 minutes. Ran out of the house fast enough to go back in time and arrived at the spot to see him. As soon as I touched him he disappeared with a red error band at the top of the screen.

cHinzo

Damn Dewgong is such a beast against Dragonite. Just beat a 2K CP Dragonite with a 1.1K Dewgong pretty easily. Mine doesn't even have Blizzard, but Aqua Jet lol, so I only used Frost Breath, but that shit melts through his HP. Can't imagine having a Lapras against a Dragonite. 😱

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Found a facebook group running a local scan map, and it indicated there was a Snorlax 10 minutes from me that would disappear in 6 minutes. Ran out of the house fast enough to go back in time and arrived at the spot to see him. As soon as I touched him he disappeared with a red error band at the top of the screen.
Went through something similar with a Dragonite yesterday, but it didn't even have the courtesy to show up in my game. Awful feeling.

Damn Dewgong is such a beast against Dragonite. Just beat a 2K CP Dragonite with a 1.1K Dewgong pretty easily. Mine doesn't even have Blizzard, but Aqua Jet lol, so I only used Frost Breath, but that shit melts through his HP. Can't imagine having a Lapras against a Dragonite. 😱

yeah a Lapras and cloyster are like dragonite kryptonite it's like not even fair.

Vipu

Banned
Had some great eggs today, can't complain:

2km: Geodude & Squirtle
5km: Rhyhorn (enough for Rhydon), Nidoran F (not special, but had a bunch of candy, very close to Queen) and Abra (keep trucking for that Kazam)
10km: Scyther (meh) and... Snorlax! Seems like the opposite of the one I already had: meh IV (71), but has CP 1700. Zen headbutt & Body Slam.

I don't know what to do with my 17 candies now. My 95% IV Snorlax only has 1000 cp, so it seems like a waste to start powering that one up. Other one has meh IV. I'll just keep them for now.

Used my Dragonite in battles already and I noticed that even with 73 IV that beast packs quite a punch. Dragon breath hits so fast, the life of most mon drains pretty fast.

Ugh, that's the worst, but I think that's happened to most of us. Of course with a Snorlax it hits harder

Does your 95% snorlax have good moves?
If it does then for sure you should power it up.

GulAtiCa

Yes!! Finally got an Arcanine with Fire Fang / Fire Blast. 89% too. But low CP. Like was a 200 Growlithe. Lol. Now at 920 CP. So will take some leveling.

Man it's hard finding a Pokemon that's high level and has over 80% IVs. I've been trying sooo hard to get a Clefairy with those attributes and it's
literally
impossible. Just finding one with 80% high IVs is pretty dang hard.

Anyone fallen into this trap? Lol. I just started paying attention to IVs via appraisal a few weeks ago. Well I only started playing the game a lot again a few weeks ago. When the appraisal system came out, I was hardly on it much anyway at the time.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man it's hard finding a Pokemon that's high level and has over 80% IVs. I've been trying sooo hard to get a Clefairy with those attributes and it's
literally

Anyone fallen into this trap? Lol. I just started paying attention to IVs via appraisal a few weeks ago. Well I only started playing the game a lot again a few weeks ago. When the appraisal system came out, I was hardly on it much anyway at the time.

I have this with Poliwag. I want a very high IV one to create the best Wrath (have enough candies), but my best is 80ish, but has low attack. I've even gotten 3 or 4 wags out of eggs and most have the 'strong' rating, so trash.

With a lot of Pokémon I have no trouble getting 85%+, but Poliwag is a tough one. Same with Clefairy actually. I farmed a bunch in Brussels and I just evolved the best one, because they don't appear in my area.

Red Fire

I have this with Poliwag. I want a very high IV one to create the best Wrath (have enough candies), but my best is 80ish, but has low attack. I've even gotten 3 or 4 wags out of eggs and most have the 'strong' rating, so trash.

With a lot of Pokémon I have no trouble getting 85%+, but Poliwag is a tough one. Same with Clefairy actually. I farmed a bunch in Brussels and I just evolved the best one, because they don't appear in my area.

You're not the only one. It's been like 5-6 weeks since i have 125+ candies and I'm saving them up for a good poliwag. Thing is, these fuckers always suck. I'm catching a lot of them too. Just hatched one a few days ago and i was so happy about it. Turns out he has like 71%. What's wrong with this pokemon!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
literally

best bet is to hatch them from eggs and cross your fingers that you get a good moveset

Azole

Neo Member
Was powering up my dragonite... How come the last two power up were 25? Shouldn't it be 50 then 25 for the half level?

Dishwalla

Banned
Hatched a 10k egg today largely because my GPS is inaccurate and my avatar moves around a lot. Was just a lowly Eevee, but at least I can't be too upset for getting him with like half the effort.

rc213

literally

In the last week I've hatched 4 90+ IV from 2km eggs. Now if only I could get a Lapras/Dragonite/Snorlax instead of these 3 Onix!!!

cHinzo

With the increase in spawns I can catch Pidgeys at home now.
1x

Tomorrow will be my first real session since Saturday. I only spent a few minutes getting gyms these past days. I've collected 50 coins on each of them.

The spawns are still lackluster, so I will mostly just hatch eggs and farm the new Omanyte nest. My town's Facebook page has also supplied some good info.

Remember the Blastoise that run on Saturday? I just got one inside my house! It's much weaker, but I have it in my Pokedex. The hilarious part is that I still have not found a good Squirtle, and I'm at a whopping 203 candies. I will have two chances to get an real Blastoise when I finally get the Squirtles. I'm obviously hoping for the water moves.

AdanVC

Guys I have a question: If a pokémon (Bellsprout in this case) has pretty low cp (114) but top notch IVs (92%), does his evolution into Weepinbell will result with a low CP as well??? Or I shouldn't mind his CP as long as it has top notch IVs?? Thanks!

tauke

Guys I have a question: If a pokémon (Bellsprout in this case) has pretty low cp (114) but top notch IVs (92%), does his evolution into Weepinbell will result with a low CP as well??? Or I shouldn't mind his CP as long as it has top notch IVs?? Thanks!

When evolving a Pokemon, there is a multiplier for the CP but not the IV. Unless you have lots of stardust to burn to buff up the CP until you reached the limit of your current trainer level.

MisterHero

I had a good Gloom, but when I finally evolved Vileplume it got Moonblast. =[

The candy cost is high, but be sure your Victreebel has good moves first

Azole

Neo Member

It will yield low cp. The only reason to evolve it is if you can't find a high cp IV one and don't want to wait. In my opinion, cp doesn't matter as long as you have the right move sets (considering it is high IV) because you can always get more candies and stardust. I evolved my 200s cp 100% IV dratini and it turned into a 900s cp dragonite with the best att moveset.

Haven't tried machamp myself but I've seen many a person pointing out it's not a good matchup for machamp due to the difference in stats, fighting not actually having any resistance to normal and, worse, most defensive snorlaxes rocking a psychic move.

Hycran

Banned
Haven't tried machamp myself but I've seen many a person pointing out it's not a good matchup for machamp due to the difference in stats, fighting not actually having any resistance to normal and, worse, most defensive snorlaxes rocking a psychic move.

This is part of why snorlax and lapras are so strong, their typing gives few counters and they often have tools against their bad match ups.

Memles

Thing is, all those Dragonite killers are still hard to find.

I've started hoarding them, and not really on purpose. I've got two Cloysters (soon 3) and a Dewgong (soon 2), a Lapras, and a Gyarados with Dragon Breath, all of which can run roughshod through Dragonites. Heck, my Seadra with Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse can even work in a pinch.

However, I didn't even realize the Dragonite Killer factor—I've mainly been focused on trying to evolve enough Ice Pokemon to get that final bronze medal that's eluding me.

Joni

I was thinking how sucky the spawns are at my local walking route nowadays, and then I suddenly see a Lapras pop up in the list. Needed some searching, but finally got my first one. Just 260 CP, but at least it is another Pokédex notch.

Platy

In the end, we are all the "i like shorts" dude way more than Red

...which reminds me that would be SO COOL if Sun & Moon had a place that if you are connected to the internet, you can battle npcs based on the database of Pokemon Go

Radec

Wigglytuff owns Dragonite as well, but if he has a dragon claw/breath Wiggy gets hurt.

Just got my 2nd Snorlax.
300+ cp and awful stats and moves.

RIP Luck

Falawful

I don't know if it's just me or not, but ever since the newest update, there's now a noticeable delay between my Pokemon being knocked out of a gym, and it returning to me. Significantly, my defender bonus doesn't go down for awhile either. I've watched one of my mons get kicked out of a gym, only to wait several minutes before it comes back and my bonus drops by one.

Has this been happening to anyone else?

Jeah same for me. Poliwag and ghastly I just can't get good IVs even though I catch lots of them

is there a way for me to see what the gym and stop situation is like for an area I'll be traveling to? going to New York Comic Con next weekend and plan on having Pokemon Go open the whole time at least for the steps; would be nice if there are stops there to replenish items. I'm sure the gym situation will be chaos so I don't plan on even bothering

Top Bottom